ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Why lie
Mood:
Ghana

Post by Why lie » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:35 am

Why lie wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:
Why lie wrote:Morning.....
just a quick update on my JR . i got a letter from the home office treasury solicitor regarding my JR. it says .....
The Secretary of state agrees to a reconsideration of your case and, if that reconsideration does not lead to a grant of leave to remain, she will issue an enforcement decision which will give rise to a right of appeal, this judicial review is therefore now academic. An acknowledgment of service is being filled in order to protect the secretary of state's position but in order to save court time you are invited to agree to withdrawal of the JR and i enclose a draft order for your consideration.
if u agree with the terms of the order, please sign it and return it to the above address. on receipt of the signed consent order , i will proceed to file this with court.
i look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for the update. Pls what do you and your solicitor agree to
do
i haven't spoken to my barrister yet , but im thinking of requesting the £2000 i paid for the JR from them before i withdraw . just in case they refuse me again.
can someone explain to me what this means please ( this judicial review is therefore now academic)

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:38 am

Why lie wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:
just a quick update on my JR . i got a letter from the home office treasury solicitor regarding my JR. it says .....
The Secretary of state agrees to a reconsideration of your case and, if that reconsideration does not lead to a grant of leave to remain, she will issue an enforcement decision which will give rise to a right of appeal, this judicial review is therefore now academic. An acknowledgment of service is being filled in order to protect the secretary of state's position but in order to save court time you are invited to agree to withdrawal of the JR and i enclose a draft order for your consideration.
if u agree with the terms of the order, please sign it and return it to the above address. on receipt of the signed consent order , i will proceed to file this with court.

do
i haven't spoken to my barrister yet , but im thinking of requesting the £2000 i paid for the JR from them before i withdraw . just in case they refuse me again.
Absolutely. According to the letter it sounds not 100% grant of leave but reconsideration which can be refused again. Am just suggesting if possible for your solicitor to write them that you are ready to withdraw the JR with the following conditions:
1. Repayment of your cost £2000
2. Written confirmation with date when the reconsideration will be completed.
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Why lie
Mood:
Ghana

Post by Why lie » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:45 am

Kukuwife wrote:
Why lie wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:

do
Absolutely. According to the letter it sounds not 100% grant of leave but reconsideration which can be refused again. Am just suggesting if possible for your solicitor to write them that you are ready to withdraw the JR with the following conditions:
Thank u for the advise, i will do just that, i will also request they grant me 3 years leave instead of the new 2.5 yrs, because i applied before the new rules came into place lol

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:08 am

Kukuwife wrote:
Why lie wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:

do

Oh wow that sounds good!! Do let us know what your barrister says you should do! Good luck!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:50 am

@why lie please check you inbox.

God's Authority

Update

Post by God's Authority » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:56 pm

Hi Everyone

Hope you doing alright?

Please what do you think about the below.

So I contacted my MP via email to inform them about my circumstance, that is my pending application and that I was wondering if he will be kind enough to perhaps contact UKBA on my behalf regarding the status of my application.

A senior case worker replied me quite quickly to tell me that she had sent a enquiry on my behalf to home office but that it may take quite some time( she did say about 6 weeks maximum) to get a response so just in case I dont hear from her before then.

So this past weekend, I recieved an a letter from my MP's office( at first when I saw the letter indicating it had been sent from house of commons I was really scared) and it was a copy of the response home office had sent to him.

In the letter they indicated the type of application I had made( which I am happy about as they have at least established the basis on which I applied) and they indicated the date I submitted my application and also that it has been classed under the family category. Then they said in the letter that my case has not reached a ''natural'' point of consideration due to the high volume of applications they have in the family queue and the complexity of each case.(Which I find rather strange and worrisome) They did however mention in the letter that they will work towards reaching a decision as soon as possible along with apologies for the delay caused me and the MP.

The letter did sound polite and I was not expecting to recieve the letter via post and I thought that was quite thoughtful of my MP as well.

I am just really worried about the ambiguity of the term ''natural point of consideration''. I just hope and pray it doesnt get delayed anymore as my application will now be a year next month.

Sorry for my long post as usual but please let me know if you have any views on this, perhaps something to consider.

Thanks in advance.

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:40 pm

FLR O Extension applied: 21 Sep 2013
Acknowledgment Letter dated: 24 Sep 2013
Biometrics: 1 Oct 2013 letter, done: 4 Oct 2013
Decision: 12 October granted DLR until Oct 2016
Documents: Received 17 October 2013
BRP: 23 October

verbina
United Kingdom

Re: Update

Post by verbina » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:42 pm

God's Authority wrote:Hi Everyone

Hope you doing alright?

So I contacted my MP via email to inform them about my circumstance, that is my pending application and that I was wondering if he will be kind enough to perhaps contact UKBA on my behalf regarding the status of my application.

A senior case worker replied me quite quickly to tell me that she had sent a enquiry on my behalf to home office but that it may take quite some time( she did say about 6 weeks maximum) to get a response so just in case I dont hear from her before then.

So this past weekend, I recieved an a letter from my MP's office( at first when I saw the letter indicating it had been sent from house of commons I was really scared) and it was a copy of the response home office had sent to him.

In the letter they indicated the type of application I had made( which I am happy about as they have at least established the basis on which I applied) and they indicated the date I submitted my application and also that it has been classed under the family category. Then they said in the letter that my case has not reached a ''natural'' point of consideration due to the high volume of applications they have in the family queue and the complexity of each case.(Which I find rather strange and worrisome) They did however mention in the letter that they will work towards reaching a decision as soon as possible along with apologies for the delay caused me and the MP.

The letter did sound polite and I was not expecting to recieve the letter via post and I thought that was quite thoughtful of my MP as well.

I am just really worried about the ambiguity of the term ''natural point of consideration''. I just hope and pray it doesnt get delayed anymore as my application will now be a year next month.

Sorry for my long post as usual but please let me know if you have any views on this, perhaps something to consider.

Thanks in advance.
Hello darling, hope you re well!!

I think its a standard procedure for MPs to send their response in the letter from the House of Commons ( I love the posh paper and envelope lol).

But I do see what you mean about your case not reaching the 'natural point of consideration' yet...

Well hopefully now that Home Office know that your MP is on the case they will be more proactive in processing your application.

Fingers crossed it wont be too long until you get a decision.

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:44 pm

Hope you doing alright?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Godsauthority
Dont worry you will be okay. At least you et a decision in 6 weeks. HO letters are clouded with ambiguity. unnecessarily but I guess they do that to protect themselves in court. Maybe folow up with your MP to say thank you and ask him/her to clarify how the MP understands the letter. This will help you later on if you need more help with a favourable decision. I think HO responds to MPs depending on how much muscle they wield in parlieament

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:47 pm

verbina wrote:

Hope you doing alright?

Thanks in advance.

I think its a standard procedure for MPs to send their response in the letter from the House of Commons ( I love the posh paper and envelope lol).

But I do see what you mean about your case not reaching the 'natural point of consideration' yet...

Well hopefully now that Home Office know that your MP is on the case they will be more proactive in processing your application.

Hellow lovely Verbina, Yummymummy, Nilemarques, Tei123, Ale001 amd everyone I have not managd to mention by name. Stay strong
Verbina you hade me laugh.. likes posh parliament paper loool :lol: :lol: :lol:

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:59 pm

Sweetypie wrote:
verbina wrote:

Hope you doing alright?

Thanks in advance.

Hellow lovely Verbina, Yummymummy, Nilemarques, Tei123, Ale001 amd everyone I have not managd to mention by name. Stay strong
HAha true though! Cause when this ivory-coloured envelope arrived, addressed to me, bearing this big Houses of Parliament logo I almost had kittens I was so scared to open it! Had no idea what was inside!

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:28 pm

verbina wrote:
Sweetypie wrote:
verbina wrote:

Hope you doing alright?

Thanks in advance.

HAha true though! Cause when this ivory-coloured envelope arrived, addressed to me, bearing this big Houses of Parliament logo I almost had kittens I was so scared to open it! Had no idea what was inside!
It would be delightful if it read

" Dear Miss Verbs

Please find enclosed your indefinite leave to remain, granted outside immigration rules. We are ever so sorry for the wasted time, huge fees and rude, dehumanising treatment on our shores. I wish you a pleasant stay in the UK and hope you will be choosing our platinum same day service to apply for your indefinite leave to remain. Again sencere apologies for the years we left you in limbo, that was caused by system failures.

Kindest Regards,
Your MP - writting for the Home Office"

In my dream ki ki ki ki

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:33 pm

The justice secretary, Chris Grayling, is to confirm that the Conservatives want to go into the next election committed to repealing the Human Rights Act and replacing it with a British bill of rights. He is to tell the party conference that the European court of human rights has been a "big international frustration". David Cameron hinted on Sunday that the process could end in Britain withdrawing from the European convention on human rights.
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

God's Authority

Thank you Verbina and Sweetypie

Post by God's Authority » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:33 pm

Thank you Verbina and Sweety pie.

Verbina aren't you just a darling? Sometimes I read your responses and I just feel like giving you a big hug, you are a wonderful person with a heart of Gold. God bless you dear, I dont know how else to say it but I pray all your heart desires are fulfilled by God.

Sweetypie, thanks for your kind words. I really do hope and pray I dont just get a response, I hope I get the good news you know. Like I mentioned earlier,I am glad at least they established the grounds on which I applied as they stated clearly to my MP that I applied on compassionate grounds. My cover letter didnt not mention compassionate grounds but I did ensure I made it detailed enough and with sufficient examples and documentation that that is what I was applying on. So I hope my situation tugs at the heart strings of the case worker and whilst a tear drop makes its way down his or her cheek, my story makes a happy ending.

Verbina darling, you know I thought perhaps I had committed a crime, I remember I once visited the house of parliament whilst volunteering with a religious charity(about 2 years ago) and we were told not to sit on either the red or green chairs so when I saw the letter I just thought am I in trouble or something and my mind raced back to the closest I have been which was that visit and ''my mind just went I didnt sit on the chair, I remember I didnt'' lol

Thank you so much for your kind words Verbina, I really do appreciate you so much. Some day I am sure I will meet you in person and I will not forget to give you that hug. God bless you angel. Your efforts will never ever be in vain.

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:48 pm

hatchsead wrote:

The justice secretary, Chris Grayling, is to confirm that the Conservatives want to go into the next election committed to repealing the Human Rights Act and replacing it with a British bill of rights. He is to tell the party conference that the European court of human rights has been a "big international frustration". David Cameron hinted on Sunday that the process could end in Britain withdrawing from the European convention on human rights.
Hi Hatchsead I think thats a loaded threat, not sure they can get away with that as long as they are in the EU. Also with the way these brits love nipping to paris for the weekend and retiring in Spain leaving the EU might be a cause of frustration. Imagice if all countries with British colonialist descendant and expats deported them back the UK? Just so they saw half the drama and the hopps they make us gopd honest people jump through

God's Authority

SweetyPie

Post by God's Authority » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:55 pm

Sweetypie, I actually did believe in your dreams you know. I could have sworn you were a case worker for a split second :)

Thats the kind of news we should be recieving really,we'd get there some there.

Hatchshead, I see sense in what sweetypie has said regarding the EU scenario, as for the conservatives I would not pay them too much attention really as their case is beginning to seem like more os a storm in a tea cup.
They are fighting tooth and nail to stay relevant but I dont see them coming tops in the next election except of course........

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:26 pm

Sweetypie wrote:
hatchsead wrote:

Hi Hatchsead I think thats a loaded threat, not sure they can get away with that as long as they are in the EU. Also with the way these brits love nipping to paris for the weekend and retiring in Spain leaving the EU might be a cause of frustration. Imagice if all countries with British colonialist descendant and expats deported them back the UK? Just so they saw half the drama and the hopps they make us gopd honest people jump through
It's possible to remain in the EU but refuse to abide by all rules just as they did with bailing out other member states in distress.
They can remain in EU but refuse to accept the ECHR rules.
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:37 pm

@why lie plz check your inbox.

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:21 pm

hatchsead wrote:
Sweetypie wrote:
hatchsead wrote:

It's possible to remain in the EU but refuse to abide by all rules just as they did with bailing out other member states in distress.

http://www.theguardian.com/law/2013/sep ... f-comments

Why lie
Mood:
Ghana

Post by Why lie » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:44 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:@why lie plz check your inbox.
@Shondra Sharma I have replied ....

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:11 pm

hatchsead wrote:
hatchsead wrote:
Sweetypie wrote:
hatchsead wrote:

http://www.theguardian.com/law/2013/sep ... f-comments
Thanks for that link!
Unbelievable... I truly hope it's a bluff to win all the right wing votes. Coz instead of delaying with applications they will just refuse and there will be no right to appeal. The movement of people across borders has been happening for so long.... Not sure they can stop it. But on their attempt "could it be the solution to the migrant question"

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:13 pm

hatchsead wrote:
Sweetypie wrote:
hatchsead wrote:

Good evening all

Not possible at all. The Brits ratified the Treaty of Rome 1958 and maastricht treaty 1992 - the ECHR is a fundamental component of those treaties. Well if people vote UKIP - Labour will return to power and that's inevitable yay!!!

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:29 pm

Kukuwife wrote:
Why lie wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:

do
I agree with Kukuwife's advice there - I would personally see the JR through because you can still claim that money back when you win your case. If they want to settle before the court proceedings they should do so but not lure you into a trap to withdraw your proceedings. You may withdraw but they are not obliged to grant you so they still can refuse you, I would tread cautiously and stick to the JR till the end

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:34 pm

Believe2013 wrote:
hatchsead wrote:
Sweetypie wrote:
hatchsead wrote:

Good evening all

Not possible at all. The Brits ratified the Treaty of Rome 1958 and maastricht treaty 1992 - the ECHR is a fundamental component of those treaties. Well if people vote UKIP - Labour will return to power and that's inevitable yay!!!
@Believe2013, never say never mate! The Tories hate the ECHR because they want total dominion over this nation, as they've had unfairly in the past. The ECHR would be replaced by a British Bill of Rights, please don't rule it out. They want to take away people's right not just for immigrants but also everyone's right such as workers right......
May's explicit statement followed David Cameron's hint on Sunday that the Tories were openly considering the "nuclear option" of withdrawing from the ECHR, despite warnings from the attorney general, Dominic Grieve, and others, of the damage to Britain's international standing.

These are vagabonds in power, I share this news not to depress people but to zero our minds, to be fore warned is to be fore armed. If we know what is coming, we will know how to prepare for it.

It is well!

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:56 pm

hatchsead wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:
hatchsead wrote:
Sweetypie wrote:
Good evening all

@Believe2013, never say never mate! The Tories hate the ECHR because they want total dominion over this nation, as they've had unfairly in the past. The ECHR would be replaced by a British Bill of Rights, please don't rule it out. They want to take away people's right not just for immigrants but also everyone's right such as workers right......
May's explicit statement followed David Cameron's hint on Sunday that the Tories were openly considering the "nuclear option" of withdrawing from the ECHR, despite warnings from the attorney general, Dominic Grieve, and others, of the damage to Britain's international standing.

These are vagabonds in power, I share this news not to depress people but to zero our minds, to be fore warned is to be fore armed. If we know what is coming, we will know how to prepare for it.

It is well!
Well the only way to do that is to isolate themselves and leave the EU all together which no prime minister is ballsy enough to do at the moment. Talk of Repatriating powers from Brussels and implementing the British Bill of rights, abolishing the EU time directive is all a political gimmick to keep the eurosceptics in the cons party happy and keep UKIP at bay.