ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prayforus
Member of Standing

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by prayforus » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:51 pm

Salaam Aneesa,

I think you shall be ok, as I've also gone down the same route. However, I have had no RFC on my wife's application. You will just have to be patient and see what happens. As long as you stated that the savings were a gift, and not a loan, and got a declaration from all those that gifted you the money it should be ok. Also, did your husband apply under category A with 6 months payslips?

I find it strange that you can use cash savings for category A, and Category B 1, but not b2. Did you send your p60 (if you had one?), considering your circumstances and how you don't meet the requirements with your salary, you should have also stated that in your p60. I forgot to do this so I am a little worried.

aneesa786

Post by aneesa786 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:43 pm

prayforus wrote:Salaam Aneesa,

I think you shall be ok, as I've also gone down the same route. However, I have had no RFC on my wife's application. You will just have to be patient and see what happens. As long as you stated that the savings were a gift, and not a loan, and got a declaration from all those that gifted you the money it should be ok. Also, did your husband apply under category A with 6 months payslips?

I find it strange that you can use cash savings for category A, and Category B 1, but not b2. Did you send your p60 (if you had one?), considering your circumstances and how you don't meet the requirements with your salary, you should have also stated that in your p60. I forgot to do this so I am a little worried.
Wsalaam Prayforus,

I did provide my p60 along with my payslips. From memory I used category A for my permanent employment + Category D for my cash savings. I didn't provide any such gift declarations but provided it as information for Category D. My solicitor said the letters weren't necessary as I had the funds in my possession more than 6 months.
Centre: Islamabad
Online application: 20/12/13
Submitted: 30/12/13
Forwarded to ISB OC: 30/12/13
Under process at BHC : 13/01/14
Call for RFC: 24/06/14
Outcome: Visa Granted Alhamdulillah

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:55 pm

Hi ppl I been checking out this forum for a few weeks now, thought I'd finally join! Tend to not read so much into this visa stuff it just depresses me more! Its been nearly 6months since we gave in husbands application and still haven't heard anything.

Application submitted: 01/08/2013
Forwarded to Islamabad oc: 01/08/2013

I emailed gerrys after 12weeks, they sent reply saying the applictn is still with bhc, they can only arrange collection of passport...
Carried on waiting cause says it could take up to six months
Status hasn't changed at all
Emailed visa enquiries after seeing someone had posted the address on this forum, got out of hours reply saying they'll get back in 20days, don't know what good they'll do!

Been nearly three years since married, got one kid, this is taking forever!
I've heard a few ppls wives got their visas and they applied same time as me,obviously women get visas more quicker compared to guys.
Hope I'm not gonna have to wait till March I've had enough...

BTW what does rfc mean/stand for? Lol

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:00 pm

aneesa786 wrote:
Wsalaam Prayforus,

I did provide my p60 along with my payslips. From memory I used category A for my permanent employment + Category D for my cash savings. I didn't provide any such gift declarations but provided it as information for Category D. My solicitor said the letters weren't necessary as I had the funds in my possession more than 6 months.
The reason I mentioned the p60 is because it won't show the full financial requirement you are relying on. So it's best to always add a note to this, stating that.

Secondly, the source of funds even though they've been 6 months in your possession, they need to be declared. This then rules out any illegal activity (money laundering etc etc). It's just so you have any questions erased and no suspicion aroused.

aneesa786

Post by aneesa786 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:06 pm

sophia20 wrote: BTW what does rfc mean/stand for? Lol
As far as I know it means ready for collection

aneesa786

Post by aneesa786 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:08 pm

prayforus wrote:
aneesa786 wrote:
Wsalaam Prayforus,

The reason I mentioned the p60 is because it won't show the full financial requirement you are relying on. So it's best to always add a note to this, stating that.

Secondly, the source of funds even though they've been 6 months in your possession, they need to be declared. This then rules out any illegal activity (money laundering etc etc). It's just so you have any questions erased and no suspicion aroused.
Oh that's okay then Prayforus. As it asks you in the Appendix 2 form when you're filling out Category D what the source of the funds were if they came from a third party

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:11 pm

Exactly Aneesa, but it's ok as you can always prove where the source of funds came from later on. I hope you get a answer quickly, as with everyone else on here. It's a sad fact that it's turned into a lottery to get a visa.

aneesa786

Post by aneesa786 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:15 pm

In Shaa Allah we will all get to be with our spouses soon :)

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:21 pm

sophia20 wrote:Hi ppl I been checking out this forum for a few weeks now, thought I'd finally join! Tend to not read so much into this visa stuff it just depresses me more! Its been nearly 6months since we gave in husbands application and still haven't heard anything.

Application submitted: 01/08/2013
Forwarded to Islamabad oc: 01/08/2013

I emailed gerrys after 12weeks, they sent reply saying the applictn is still with bhc, they can only arrange collection of passport...
Carried on waiting cause says it could take up to six months
Status hasn't changed at all
Emailed visa enquiries after seeing someone had posted the address on this forum, got out of hours reply saying they'll get back in 20days, don't know what good they'll do!

Been nearly three years since married, got one kid, this is taking forever!
I've heard a few ppls wives got their visas and they applied same time as me,obviously women get visas more quicker compared to guys.
Hope I'm not gonna have to wait till March I've had enough...

BTW what does rfc mean/stand for? Lol
Hi Sophia

Same here ... It's going to be 2 years this April and we've got a daughter . We applied in July and still waiting for a reply after submitting additional documents in October :-( it is depressing

Syed Shah
Newly Registered

Post by Syed Shah » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:14 pm

Salams.

I applied in October and its still under process. Does anyone applying know if UKBA contact your employer to confirm details. Reason i want to know is that if that has been done then that means they are actually working on application.. if however they have not it means application probably hasnt been looked at yet if im correct? My employer has confirmed he has had no contact. Can anyone else confirm the same please?

Sameena akhtar
Member of Standing

Post by Sameena akhtar » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:01 pm

Syed Shah wrote:Salams.

I applied in October and its still under process. Does anyone applying know if UKBA contact your employer to confirm details. Reason i want to know is that if that has been done then that means they are actually working on application.. if however they have not it means application probably hasnt been looked at yet if im correct? My employer has confirmed he has had no contact. Can anyone else confirm the same please?
My employers were.contacted, but the checks are random and they probably only.need to check if they doubt something.

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:33 pm

Hi saf786

I know how you must feel, my son just turned 2 recently, he's fathers missed 2years of him growing up! This time won't come again, its really sad. Can't believe you applied b4 me and still haven't got a result, inshallah hopefully soon... I think if you have a child you have to be earning more then someone who hasn't...

Thanks aneesa, could anyone tell me when thy ask for more documents/paperwork to be sent, do they contact the person in Pakistan or their partners in the UK?

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:50 pm

Newbie1213 sorry can't see your message, not allowed to use pm unless i "participate" a bit more lol

newbie1213

Post by newbie1213 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:59 pm

sophia20 wrote:Newbie1213 sorry can't see your message, not allowed to use pm unless i "participate" a bit more lol
I was just going to ask if you've been advised if your case is on hold at all or have you just not heard anything altogether?

I applied on the exact same date as you and I haven't heard anything at all either. It's going to be 7 months soon

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:25 pm

Hi Newbie1213 not heard anything, emailed Gerry's after 12 weeks and visa enquiries some days ago, they take 20 days to reply back, don't know what with. Don't know if case is on hold or what?!? How can I find out?
Do Gerry's tell you? I'm gonna email them again see what they say cause thats what everyone's doing here lol

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:13 am

I guess its only me and ash2006 who are September applicants on this forum left. If theres any silent people out there following this forum who have submitted application in September, please join and share your timelines with us.

Insha Allah me and ash2006 should hear soon.
Submitted Application: Feb 2012
Application Refused: Jul 2012
Appealed: Unsuccessfull
Reapplied: 27th Sep 2013
Application hold - Jan 2014
RFC: 26th August 2014
Result: Alhamdulillah Visa Granted - All thanks to Allah and your prayers

SHAHFAISAL

Post by SHAHFAISAL » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:05 am

Salam ALWAYSHOPE.

I have been following the forum for a while. My husband also applied in September and we havent heard anything as yet.

Many prayers for everyone waiting for Visas, in sha Allah hope the waiting wont be for too much longer.

It.s Me
Newly Registered

Post by It.s Me » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:05 am

Salaam,

I'm also waiting from September, the wait is very hard and depressing.

I've contacted my local MP this week to contact British High Commission Islamabad on my behalf for an update on my application.

As soon as i have any news, will notify you all.

Naila

Post by Naila » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:56 am

SHAHFAISAL wrote:Salam ALWAYSHOPE.

I have been following the forum for a while. My husband also applied in September and we havent heard anything as yet.

Many prayers for everyone waiting for Visas, in sha Allah hope the waiting wont be for too much longer.

Slam
Whr did u submitted ur appli n wt date

newbie1213

Post by newbie1213 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:44 am

sophia20 wrote:Hi Newbie1213 not heard anything, emailed Gerry's after 12 weeks and visa enquiries some days ago, they take 20 days to reply back, don't know what with. Don't know if case is on hold or what?!? How can I find out?
Do Gerry's tell you? I'm gonna email them again see what they say cause thats what everyone's doing here lol
I emailed the BHC about 10 days ago after it had been more than the 24 week threshold and got exactly the same response as you. It's a standard automated reply that they always seem to send.

As for them putting it on hold, you know it's on hold officially if they contact you (usually requesting further paperwork) but sometimes they can be just be conducting further checks on the existing documents they have in which case it's unofficially on hold as your status doesn't change at all.

My wife applied on the same date as you from Lahore though and that was the first time I've emailed them as they don't usually bother to reply. You can try though!

Application: 19/07/2013
RFC: Waiting..

SHAHFAISAL

Post by SHAHFAISAL » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:11 pm

Wasalaam Naila. My husband applied from lahore on the 26th of September, and application went under process 9th of October.

We haven't had any feed back as yet. However, I did contact my local MP to contact the BHC on our behalf, as we were approaching 4 months since we applied. We were told we should receive a reply with in 10 working days, haven't heard back from my MP yet either. Im guessing I wont get much information, but I was worried incase the application may be on hold.

cheekyvirgin

Post by cheekyvirgin » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:48 pm

Got a phone call that passport is ready for collection on Monday.

Don't know the outcome ... Applied on 14th October and asked for more documents on 24th December.

What do you think guys .... I'm on indefinite leave and my kids are British ... Lol any clue of the outcome

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:51 pm

cheekyvirgin wrote:Got a phone call that passport is ready for collection on Monday.

Don't know the outcome ... Applied on 14th October and asked for more documents on 24th December.

What do you think guys .... I'm on indefinite leave and my kids are British ... Lol any clue of the outcome
When did u get call for rfc n where did u apply?
In shaa Allah it wil b positive if a rfc comes after submission of documents its always visa granted as stated on the letter they send! All the best
Applied online 15/9/15
Biometrics mirpur 17/9/15
Documents confirmation November

cheekyvirgin

Post by cheekyvirgin » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:55 pm

HELLO786 wrote:
cheekyvirgin wrote:Got a phone call that passport is ready for collection on Monday.

In shaa Allah it wil b positive if a rfc comes after submission of documents its always visa granted as stated on the letter they send! All the best
Applied on 14th October 2013 so exactly three month I suppose.

Inshallah she must have got her visa... Can't wait

So you reckon when they ask for more documents that's mean granted most of the time ?

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:56 pm

cheekyvirgin wrote:
HELLO786 wrote:

Applied on 14th October 2013 so exactly three month I suppose.

Inshallah she must have got her visa... Can't wait

So you reckon when they ask for more documents that's mean granted most of the time ?
#

Yeah any rfc after submission of documents means visa granted, And that has been the case since whoever has submitted documents and got RFC it has been granted.

Sorry i meant where did u submit? Mirpur, islambd, lhre etc
Last edited by HELLO786 on Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Applied online 15/9/15
Biometrics mirpur 17/9/15
Documents confirmation November