ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

starbucks
Newly Registered

Post by starbucks » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:22 pm

Aliaslan wrote:I just received my RC after a successful reconsideration! I'm so happy, after 10 years living in agony I'm a free person now!
Congratulations! I can feel it, how happy you are! I'm hoping for mine.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:55 pm

Aliaslan wrote:I just received my RC after a successful reconsideration! I'm so happy, after 10 years living in agony I'm a free person now!

that's quick reconsideration less then 1 month
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

starbucks
Newly Registered

Post by starbucks » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:05 am

Farazjan wrote:Here is my time line
Eea2 sent : 24 June 2013
Recivend by HO : 25 June 2013
COA requested : 22 September 2013
COA recive with right to work : 02 oct 2013
COA dated : 25 sep 2013
My question is ...
My wife is register as self employed (cleaner) we provided
....5,6 references from her Clint's ,
....tendency agreement
.... HMRC papers to prove she is paying taxes as a self employed
....NI contribution proves
....3 invoice book ( each include at least 50 pages)
....50,60 pictures including marriage pictures
....Marriage certificate
.... Passports and ids.
And many more small things

My question is that in my tendency agreement it written that no business activities allowed but my wife changed the address with HMRC when we moved here like 9 months ago , is it a bit deal or it's ok ?
Any help would be appreciated please .
I don't think this is a relevant matter to your EEA2 app, the important thing is you're married, she is exercising treaty rights in the UK, and you have proveded enough evidence on your marriage etc.

Farazjan
Newly Registered

Post by Farazjan » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:13 am

starbucks wrote:
Farazjan wrote:Here is my time line
Eea2 sent : 24 June 2013
Recivend by HO : 25 June 2013
COA requested : 22 September 2013
COA recive with right to work : 02 oct 2013
COA dated : 25 sep 2013
My question is ...
My wife is register as self employed (cleaner) we provided
....5,6 references from her Clint's ,
....tendency agreement
.... HMRC papers to prove she is paying taxes as a self employed
....NI contribution proves
....3 invoice book ( each include at least 50 pages)
....50,60 pictures including marriage pictures
....Marriage certificate
.... Passports and ids.
And many more small things

My question is that in my tendency agreement it written that no business activities allowed but my wife changed the address with HMRC when we moved here like 9 months ago , is it a bit deal or it's ok ?
Any help would be appreciated please .
I don't think this is a relevant matter to your EEA2 app, the important thing is you're married, she is exercising treaty rights in the UK, and you have proveded enough evidence on your marriage etc.
Thank you very much for ur help , it's already more then 4.5 month since I made the application , now hoping for good news me myself and wish for everyone to have god news. :)

kiran2044

Post by kiran2044 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:17 am

I sent lots of documents. I made two folders; one with 'main documents' and the other with 'supporting documents'. We didn't even have a single joint document. It was either hers or mine. Tenancy, water, gas, electricity, everything was on her name as I moved into her flat. The only documents on my name was like the bank statements and other letters

Main Documents Folder: (In this order)
- Page 1: Table of Contents

➢Page 2: Passport / ID Card

➢Page 3: EEA National Family Member (Employment)
Contract Letters, Letter from Employer, P60s, Worker Registration Certificate, Payslips (latest 3 months)

➢Page 4: Cover and Supporting Letters (us and family & friends)

➢Page 5: Letters confirming address (letters from GP, HMRC, Barclays, Lloyds, HSBC, Landlord/Agency, 3 network, Southern Water)

➢Page 6: Tenancy Agreements

- Page 7: Document List for 2 years (Table of contents for co-habitation)

➢Page 8-31: List of Documents to prove over 2 years of Co-habitation
(I used 24 pages for 24 months of documents, each page had documents of hers and mine for that month; no joint documents. Some months I didn't have any documents, some months she didn't)

Supporting Documents: (In the order)
➢ Photos (We are together from 2009, but started living together from 2011). (I put two photos in one page using Microsoft Word and in order of the months. It was 20/30 pages for each year). (As there was no dates imprinted on the photos, I wrote the dates underneath of every photo which i could find from 'properties' in computer)
Page 1: Photos from 2009
Page 2: Photos from 2010
Page 3: Photos from 2011
Page 4: Photos from 2012
Page 5: Photos from 2013

➢ Page 6: Snapshots of ‘Facebook’ messages (I took random snapshots of the conversation between me and her, about 10/15 pages)

➢ Page 7: Snapshots of ‘Facebook’ wall posts (10/15 pages)

➢ Page 8: Cards from moonpig.com (personalised valentines card for every year we've been together)

➢ Page 9: Euro-trip tickets (We went on euro trips, so i had flight tickets, train tickets and anything i could find from the trip really)

➢ Page 10: Photos from ‘City Attractions’ (photos taken in places like london eye, has their name and the date)

➢ Page 11: Cards (cards from family and friends mentioning both our names)

I also put all the photos in DVD, so that they could validate the dates of the photos if they wish to do so. I know they checked all the photos because it was not in the folder when I received my package yesterday.

I also bought sticky note and on every page of the folder I wrote a note on the sticky, mentioning what was in the pocket, making their job easier. I heard many people saying Home Office likes to take every document out from the folder and make their own order. But in my case, when I received the package, every single document was on the same page as I sent it. I tried to put in the order the EEA2 application was asking the documents. Maybe it's that or they just didn't bother rearranging. In any case everything went alright. And, I really hope everyone will succeed and good luck to everyone.

Hope this helps.

Aliaslan
Newly Registered

Post by Aliaslan » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:15 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:

that's quick reconsideration less then 1 month
Yes it was quick. Two days after I sent the evidence, the caseworker has decided to grant the RC!

I think the most important thing is that if the UKBA makes a mistake, then be very clear on your rights and grounds!!!!! I have been very clear to them and have complaint to the complaints department at the same time as sending the "new" evidence to our caseworker!

Farazjan
Newly Registered

Post by Farazjan » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:56 pm

Thanks God, and thx to every one here to help providing a lot of information .
I got my RC today exactly after 4 months and 12 days ,,,,,feeling very happy ,wish every one good luck

Davmck70

Post by Davmck70 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:44 am

Many thanks to Kiran 2044 for that explicit answer. I know it was a pain typing it out but it is at the same time a show of how organized and informed you are. you prepared well and that's what everyone on this forum should do. Anyone that FAILS too PLAN has planned to fail.

starbucks
Newly Registered

Post by starbucks » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:07 pm

Anybody knows whether the previous status will effect on decision making of EEA2 app, my student visa was expired before applying EEA2, and I've already been waiting for 4 months.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:13 pm

starbucks wrote:Anybody knows whether the previous status will effect on decision making of EEA2 app, my student visa was expired before applying EEA2, and I've already been waiting for 4 months.
No, your previous immigration history is not taken into account except in exceptional circumstances.

starbucks
Newly Registered

Post by starbucks » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:15 pm

dalebutt wrote:
starbucks wrote:Anybody knows whether the previous status will effect on decision making of EEA2 app, my student visa was expired before applying EEA2, and I've already been waiting for 4 months.
No, your previous immigration history is not taken into account except in exceptional circumstances.
Thank you for your reply. I wonder what kind of exceptional circumstances you mean, I was being refused to issue a student visa, and now applying as an unmarried partner of an EU nation.

raptor123
Newly Registered

Post by raptor123 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:16 pm

Here is my time line
Eea2 sent : 24 September 2013
Recivend by HO : 25 September 2013
COA received with right to work : 04 October 2013 dated the 01 October 2013
RC : WAITING! :?

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:04 pm

starbucks wrote:
dalebutt wrote:
Thank you for your reply. I wonder what kind of exceptional circumstances you mean, I was being refused to issue a student visa, and now applying as an unmarried partner of an EU nation.
Exceptional circumstances that I was referring to would be people who have been deported or people who are about to be, whose DO has been issued because they are deemed to be a threat to public security, your case is way off that.

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:05 pm

starbucks wrote:
dalebutt wrote:
Exceptional circumstances are..

Serious threat to the society.(if you are a serious criminal)
Serious threat to the health and safety.(if your suffering in a serious disease like small pox etc etc)

buttercup81
Newly Registered

Post by buttercup81 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:38 am

kiran2044 wrote:I sent lots of documents. I made two folders; one with 'main documents' and the other with 'supporting documents'. We didn't even have a single joint document. It was either hers or mine. Tenancy, water, gas, electricity, everything was on her name as I moved into her flat. The only documents on my name was like the bank statements and other letters

Main Documents Folder: (In this order)
- Page 1: Table of Contents

➢Page 2: Passport / ID Card

➢Page 3: EEA National Family Member (Employment)
Contract Letters, Letter from Employer, P60s, Worker Registration Certificate, Payslips (latest 3 months)

➢Page 4: Cover and Supporting Letters (us and family & friends)

➢Page 5: Letters confirming address (letters from GP, HMRC, Barclays, Lloyds, HSBC, Landlord/Agency, 3 network, Southern Water)

➢Page 6: Tenancy Agreements

- Page 7: Document List for 2 years (Table of contents for co-habitation)

➢Page 8-31: List of Documents to prove over 2 years of Co-habitation
(I used 24 pages for 24 months of documents, each page had documents of hers and mine for that month; no joint documents. Some months I didn't have any documents, some months she didn't)

Supporting Documents: (In the order)
➢ Photos (We are together from 2009, but started living together from 2011). (I put two photos in one page using Microsoft Word and in order of the months. It was 20/30 pages for each year). (As there was no dates imprinted on the photos, I wrote the dates underneath of every photo which i could find from 'properties' in computer)
Page 1: Photos from 2009
Page 2: Photos from 2010
Page 3: Photos from 2011
Page 4: Photos from 2012
Page 5: Photos from 2013

➢ Page 6: Snapshots of ‘Facebook’ messages (I took random snapshots of the conversation between me and her, about 10/15 pages)

➢ Page 7: Snapshots of ‘Facebook’ wall posts (10/15 pages)

➢ Page 8: Cards from moonpig.com (personalised valentines card for every year we've been together)

➢ Page 9: Euro-trip tickets (We went on euro trips, so i had flight tickets, train tickets and anything i could find from the trip really)

➢ Page 10: Photos from ‘City Attractions’ (photos taken in places like london eye, has their name and the date)

➢ Page 11: Cards (cards from family and friends mentioning both our names)

I also put all the photos in DVD, so that they could validate the dates of the photos if they wish to do so. I know they checked all the photos because it was not in the folder when I received my package yesterday.

I also bought sticky note and on every page of the folder I wrote a note on the sticky, mentioning what was in the pocket, making their job easier. I heard many people saying Home Office likes to take every document out from the folder and make their own order. But in my case, when I received the package, every single document was on the same page as I sent it. I tried to put in the order the EEA2 application was asking the documents. Maybe it's that or they just didn't bother rearranging. In any case everything went alright. And, I really hope everyone will succeed and good luck to everyone.

Hope this helps.
Congratulations! I sent my EEA2 application on 29th July. I sent exactly the same amount and type of dicuments to them which weighed 9 lbs. No answer till now. I hope mine is coming soon as well. Did they email you or something that it has been approved?

buttercup81
Newly Registered

Post by buttercup81 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:45 am

regeeaman wrote:Hi everyone!! I have read this post for quite some time. Its time I put my dates out here for those of you who will be applying via the eea2 route to get a realistic idea.

Date of Application - 27/08/2013
CoA received - 07/09/2013 [ dated 04/09/2013 ]
sent them loads of letters and email meanwhile.....
HO official called me to inform that they have posted my processed application back..gave me the date and ref no. to tarck it [ its feels really nice when they actually call you after you have tried almost 7 times to call them...]
RC received by post - 01/11/2013
duration - exactly 2 months 2 days

the home office can work fairly quick enough after all i guess...
best of luck for all those out there...just remember its just a process to confirm your rights that you have already got...so demand it.
Is it allowed to call them for follow up while the application is in process? I sent mine 29th July and have received no communication till now :(

Zany
Newly Registered

We made it!!! So happy

Post by Zany » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:03 pm

Hi everyone.

Yesterday we received our RC. We are soooo happy. It is an amazing feeling specially when you got positive decision.

Let me walk you through the process from our point of view.

I am EU national with permanent residence (issued by HO after 5 years of exercising Treaty rights in the UK) my husband is non EU national.

The whole process is not complicated. Try to find as much documents, proofs as you can. The hard part is the waiting, waiting for the decision.

14 July 2013- sent EEA2 application
18 July 2013- received a confirmation letter from HO
Start of August 2013- received Certificate of Application with permit to work for next 6 months
For next few months we did not hear anything.....
7 November 2013 - call from HO to my employer to confirm my employment
13 November 2013- RC arrived..whohoooo :-)
All together ....3 months and 3 weeks of waiting....quite fast

Your identification: passports and if you have permanent residence

Proof of address: any bill or letters (originals)
- TV Licence
- Council tax bill
- Tenancy contract/agreement
- bank statements
- BT bills
- mobile phone bills
- letters from school/college
- letters from your credit card provider

In a case you are paperless- most of your bills you receive on-line (as me :-) try e.g. get a stamp from bank on your print copy bank statement. The stamp is a proof that your bank statement is original and yes you are the owner of the account.
As far as I know HO prefer original documents...

Employment: - Employment confirmation letter issued by employer
- Original contract
- P60
- payslips (make sure address on your newest payslips match your current address where you live)
- Company business card ( we do not have company stamp which is required in the application so I attached company business card)

Your relationship: - photos from past, present.....as much as you have...different occasions, different time.....
- short letter (approx. 20 sentences) about you and your relationship, what is the story in short....with dates and places...where you met, how you met, when he propose, where you went for first date....and so on

Wedding: - photos ( you as couple, wedding ceremony, wedding party, people on your wedding, group photos...)
- wedding certificate
- Weeding confirmation from the venue where you had your wedding (our wedding was not in the Council but we organised approved wedding venue. We set up details and they estimated price. Then the wedding coordinator sent us a confirmation/agreement letter)
- Save the date card/invitation for wedding
- Congratulation on Your Wedding cards (2-3 cards)

This is everything what we sent to HO and we received positive decision, Residence Card.
Each case is different and you might send 5 kg of documents your application might be refused. You really never know what is missing or why you need to give more proof... But do not give up!!! Prepare yourself and make sure that you send everything what is relevant to your application.

I wish all of you the best of luck on the long journey. :-)

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: We made it!!! So happy

Post by Jambo » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:26 pm

Zany wrote:Hi everyone.

Yesterday we received our RC. We are soooo happy. It is an amazing feeling specially when you got positive decision.

I am EU national with permanent residence (issued by HO after 5 years of exercising Treaty rights in the UK) my husband is non EU national.

The whole process is not complicated. Try to find as much documents, proofs as you can. The hard part is the waiting, waiting for the decision.

Start of August 2013- received Certificate of Application with permit to work for next 6 months

- TV Licence
- Council tax bill
- bank statements
- BT bills
- mobile phone bills

In a case you are paperless- most of your bills you receive on-line (as me :-) try e.g. get a stamp from bank on your print copy bank statement. The stamp is a proof that your bank statement is original and yes you are the owner of the account.

- Original contract
- P60
- payslips (make sure address on your newest payslips match your current address where you live)
- Company business card ( we do not have company stamp which is required in the application so I attached company business card)

Your relationship: - photos from past, present.....as much as you have...different occasions, different time.....
- short letter (approx. 20 sentences) about you and your relationship, what is the story in short....with dates and places...where you met, how you met, when he propose, where you went for first date....and so on

Wedding: - photos ( you as couple, wedding ceremony, wedding party, people on your wedding, group photos...)
- wedding certificate
- Weeding confirmation from the venue where you had your wedding (our wedding was not in the Council but we organised approved wedding venue. We set up details and they estimated price. Then the wedding coordinator sent us a confirmation/agreement letter)

This is everything what we sent to HO and we received positive decision, Residence Card.
Each case is different and you might send 5 kg of documents your application might be refused. You really never know what is missing or why you need to give more proof... But do not give up!!! Prepare yourself and make sure that you send everything what is relevant to your application.

Congratulations although in my view 90% of the documents you submitted were not required. As you have PR, the application could be extremely light-weight.

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:54 pm

- TV Licence
- Council tax bill
- bank statements
- BT bills
- mobile phone bills

- Original contract
- P60

- wedding certificate

Good to know your case.

7 nov.call from HO to your employer was totally wrong as you already acquired PR.

giorgosa
Greece

Post by giorgosa » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:53 pm

- TV Licence
- Council tax bill
- bank statements
- BT bills
- mobile phone bills

- Original contract
- P60

- wedding certificate

Congratulations!

where in the application do they require wedding photos, invitations etc?

I can understand though if your wedding is recent. But most of the papers are really not necessary.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:00 pm

giorgosa wrote: where in the application do they require wedding photos, invitations etc?

I can understand though if your wedding is recent. But most of the papers are really not necessary.

I can't believe kiran2044 actually send 150 - 200 pictures . and proof of address from every single banks If you do send just send 5/6 pictures ( with friends, relatives, party that's all )

If i was a caseworker would have never liked it. It's always good to include necessary documents .

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:11 pm

Jambo wrote:

- TV Licence
- Council tax bill
- bank statements
- BT bills
- mobile phone bills

- Original contract
- P60

- wedding certificate

Congratulations although in my view 90% of the documents you submitted were not required. As you have PR, the application could be extremely light-weight.

5KG documents ? Well someone send 800gram documents and it's accepted in 2 months

completely unnecessary . first of all 90% of the documents not required for PR holder

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:51 pm

Damn if you do, damn if you don't, the thing is the case worker are sometime a slowpoke than most of you thought, imagine if the OP isn't currently employed and or didn't bother presenting the evidence of such, they still went ahead ringing the employer to confirm if op is working.

The lots of them don't either know what they are doing, or they are just too lazy to be well equipped for their job, they seems to treat all EEA applications the same regardless.

siroc
Australia

Post by siroc » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:12 am

Is there anyone who has sent off an application in October but still awaiting their CoA?

It's been just over two weeks since my application was received by the UKBA. I've been sent the standard confirmation letter but nothing since that time. Having scanned through this thread it appears that the majority of people have received their CoA within 1-2 weeks of applying. :? Maybe I should give it another week before chasing it up....

giorgosa
Greece

Post by giorgosa » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:55 am

Here is my (short) timeline:

Application sent for EEA1/EEA2 : 15/11/2013

Fingers crossed it wont take ages. I am EEA national working full time, we are married since 2005. Basically we need the COA as soon as possible as my wife started interviews for job.

I'll keep you updated.