ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sameena akhtar
Member of Standing

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by Sameena akhtar » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:58 pm

cheekyvirgin wrote:
HELLO786 wrote:
cheekyvirgin wrote:Got a phone call that passport is ready for collection on Monday.

Don't know the outcome ... Applied on 14th October and asked for more documents on 24th December.

What do you think guys .... I'm on indefinite leave and my kids are British ... Lol any clue of the outcome
When did u get call for rfc n where did u apply?
In shaa Allah it wil b positive if a rfc comes after submission of documents its always visa granted as stated on the letter they send! All the best
Applied on 14th October 2013 so exactly three month I suppose.

Inshallah she must have got her visa... Can't wait

So you reckon when they ask for more documents that's mean granted most of the time ?
Were u put on hold!!

What documents did they ask for?

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:22 pm

I get the feeling mines still on hold even after we submitted additional documents because people who submitted aditional docs after us have had an rfc . This mean il be waiting until after march and god nos what that will bring :-(

Sameena akhtar
Member of Standing

Post by Sameena akhtar » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:26 pm

saf786 wrote:I get the feeling mines still on hold even after we submitted additional documents because people who submitted aditional docs after us have had an rfc . This mean il be waiting until after march and god nos what that will bring :-(
How.long has it.been since u.submitted.ur docs??

Its.been 2 months.for.me.nw! :/

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:30 pm

Newbie1231

I'm gonna email them after another week has passed that should be 24wks up then including all hols, see what they say then. They haven't contacted us at all or asked for more docs. Hope we're not on hold! Another two more months of waiting... my life's on hold cause of them!

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:37 pm

Sameena akhtar wrote:
saf786 wrote:I get the feeling mines still on hold even after we submitted additional documents because people who submitted aditional docs after us have had an rfc . This mean il be waiting until after march and god nos what that will bring :-(

I submitted mine on 23rd October but in December I got an email saying tht my application will b reviewed on its turn then a weeks after I got a reply saying it's in process :-( so that got my hopes up .... Now I'm baffled

RZ Girl

Post by RZ Girl » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:58 pm

saf786 wrote:
Sameena akhtar wrote:

I submitted mine on 23rd October but in December I got an email saying tht my application will b reviewed on its turn then a weeks after I got a reply saying it's in process :-( so that got my hopes up .... Now I'm baffled
Its been 3 months for me since i submitted extra documents but haven't heard anything ... Bhc dont bother to reply any of my email :-( :-(
Applied in lahore on 04/07/2013
Under process 19/07/2013
Got a letter on 27/09/2013 its on hold
Doc submitted 17/10/2013
Rfc : INSHALLAH soon

newbie1213

Post by newbie1213 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:33 pm

sophia20 wrote:Newbie1231

I'm gonna email them after another week has passed that should be 24wks up then including all hols, see what they say then. They haven't contacted us at all or asked for more docs. Hope we're not on hold! Another two more months of waiting... my life's on hold cause of them!
Sophia20,

I know, it's not a nice feeling at all. I guess e-mailing them can't do any harm though even if they choose not to reply most of the time :(

If we are on hold its pretty stupid of them to not advise us. Our only hope is that hopefully it's not very likely they'd wait all this time just to refuse it as they could have done that pretty early. Surely they wouldn't make us wait more than the 24 week period to do so? Having said that, i wouldn't put anything past those people! :roll:

Saika A

Post by Saika A » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:40 pm

Hi im new to this forum im a september applicant and recieved a letter on 13th Jan we have submitted extra documents and insha allah we should hear some news,

To aneesa i applied in the same way as you i received a letter asking for declaration of savings which we submitted

aneesa786

Post by aneesa786 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:53 pm

Saika A wrote:Hi im new to this forum im a september applicant and recieved a letter on 13th Jan we have submitted extra documents and insha allah we should hear some news,

To aneesa i applied in the same way as you i received a letter asking for declaration of savings which we submitted
Thanks for letting me know Saika. What sort of info are you supposed to provide for this declarations of savings??? Just so I can prepare? Guess I'll have to wait 3 months before they ask for it also. Were these additional docs then submitted at Gerry's also? It's such a long drawn out process.
Centre: Islamabad
Online application: 20/12/13
Submitted: 30/12/13
Forwarded to ISB OC: 30/12/13
Under process at BHC : 13/01/14
Call for RFC: 24/06/14
Outcome: Visa Granted Alhamdulillah

Saika A

Post by Saika A » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:11 pm

aneesa786 wrote:Salaam everyone,
I'm a newbie here and we just recently submitted a spouse visa application for my hubby. My timeline is currently as follows-

Application filed at City : Islamabad
Application submitted on : 30/12/13
Application forwarded to Islamabad OC on : 30/12/13
Application under process at British High Commission on : 13/01/14

I am employed but am currently earning under £18,600. However I have applied under the fact that I have cash savings in excess of £16,000 + (2.5 x the difference between my annual income and £18,600). I have had these funds in my account for over the 6 months required although they were initially gifted to me by family members.
I have provided evidence of this in the form of bank statements and provided a breakdown in the appendix 2 form my hubby filled in for the financial requirement.

Does anyone on this forum know of anyone being granted a visa under this circumstance? As the guidelines state this is acceptable. But I am extremely anxious that I will wait out the 24 weeks to find that they have just put it on hold without checking my documents properly as I have read several times on this forum. They don't seem to inform people either.

some more info for you. I have been married over a year and a half. The rules about the minimum income changed shortly after my marriage hence the delay in me applying. I was trying to get my finances in order to strengthen my application after the wedding (we all know how expensive they can be) and found out that I didn't fit the minimum income after going to see the local solicitor. heartbreaking!!!
I have been going to see my hubby every 6-8 months and last saw him in July 2013 when we went on holiday to Dubai together. Seems like a lifetime ago. This whole thing is so nerve wracking!!!

i was asked for a declaration to account for my savings

Saika A

Post by Saika A » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:15 pm

aneesa786 wrote:
Saika A wrote:Hi im new to this forum im a september applicant and recieved a letter on 13th Jan we have submitted extra documents and insha allah we should hear some news,

Thanks for letting me know Saika. What sort of info are you supposed to provide for this declarations of savings??? Just so I can prepare? Guess I'll have to wait 3 months before they ask for it also. Were these additional docs then submitted at Gerry's also? It's such a long drawn out process.
we were just asked for a declaration off me to account for my savings, yes i got a letter 3 months later on 13th jan and they were additional documents and also bank statements cuz we didnt send enough

aneesa786

Post by aneesa786 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:18 pm

Saika A wrote:
aneesa786 wrote:

we were just asked for a declaration off me to account for my savings, yes i got a letter 3 months later on 13th jan and they were additional documents and also bank statements cuz we didnt send enough
In Shaa Allah your hubby and the rest of our spouses will all be granted visas soon. Thanks for your kind info and please keep us all updated. It it so hard not knowing so gives us all hope when someone else is going through the same situation.

Saika A

Post by Saika A » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:20 pm

Saika A wrote:
aneesa786 wrote:

and yes it is a long drawn process, i am anxious now as they might take a further 3 months to fet back to us has anybody else heard after submitting further documents and how long does it take

Saika A

Post by Saika A » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:23 pm

Thank you aneesa inshaalah you will get yours first time around, will do anything to help as we are all in the same sito xxx

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:05 pm

To All new september applicants

Thanks for sharing your timelines with us. This made me feel much better that were not the only ones waiting. Saika if you dont mind me asking what date you submitted application and where did you submit applications.

To all the new members on the forum if you already havent done so please add your timelines to the signature part, this will help me and others on the forum.

To all those waiting good luck and hopefully next week Insha Allah some of us should get RFC messages, or some sort of update.
Submitted Application: Feb 2012
Application Refused: Jul 2012
Appealed: Unsuccessfull
Reapplied: 27th Sep 2013
Application hold - Jan 2014
RFC: 26th August 2014
Result: Alhamdulillah Visa Granted - All thanks to Allah and your prayers

aneesa786

Post by aneesa786 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:15 pm

ALWAYSHOPE wrote:To all the new members on the forum if you already havent done so please add your timelines to the signature part, this will help me and others on the forum.
Hi I'm new here. How do you add a signature?

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:02 pm

Hi Aneesa

What you need to do is after logging on, go on user control panel and then click on profile, theres should be something about signature there. Let me know if you cant do this, ill try and explain better.
Submitted Application: Feb 2012
Application Refused: Jul 2012
Appealed: Unsuccessfull
Reapplied: 27th Sep 2013
Application hold - Jan 2014
RFC: 26th August 2014
Result: Alhamdulillah Visa Granted - All thanks to Allah and your prayers

KashmiriMunda
Newly Registered

Post by KashmiriMunda » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:48 pm

Hi Guys,

That's it nearly been 3 months since we submitted our case. It will be 3 months on Tuesday 21st. I am hoping I am one of the lucky people who find out around the 3 month mark.

I want to go and visit my wife as I really miss her, but I would rather know the outcome of the case before I go. So I am planning on waiting till beginning of March before I go, I hope by then if not before I should hear from BHC.

Also is there only on this forum or following this forum who was Exempt from the financial rules. The reason I'm asking is because I did not have to earn £18,600 or give 6 months wage slips because I was getting DLA (Disability Living Allowance). I was really happy i was exempt from the rule when my solicitor told me :) SO if there is anyone else who applied the same way please get in touch as I would like to know your timelime. Since the majority of people who apply are having problems with bank statements and wage slips etc, I was wondering since my case has nothing to do with either of them, should I not have heard from BHC sooner as my case should be one of the most straight forwardest case ever...

sara567
Newly Registered

Post by sara567 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:09 pm

Hello everyone
It's going to be one month since my husband submitted his application .I'm really worried as the status of his passport hasn't changed to UNDER PROCESS AT BHC.
Can you guys help me what to do and If I want to email them what email address should I send to.
Please help

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:22 pm

newbie1213 wrote:

Sophia20,

I know, it's not a nice feeling at all. I guess e-mailing them can't do any harm though even if they choose not to reply most of the time :(

If we are on hold its pretty stupid of them to not advise us. Our only hope is that hopefully it's not very likely they'd wait all this time just to refuse it as they could have done that pretty early. Surely they wouldn't make us wait more than the 24 week period to do so? Having said that, i wouldn't put anything past those people! :roll:
Gerry's replied first time I emailed them but with nothing new, they can only arrange collection of passport, so they're no help.

Why would we be put on hold? What for? If we don't meet requirements then they should have told us right? What if we get a no after waiting this long! Can they do that? Has that happened to anyone?

Don't know how to do that signature thing lol :|

Application submitted in Islamabad 01/08/2013
Application forwarded to Islamabad oc- 01/08/2013
Waiting........

newbie1213

Post by newbie1213 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:29 am

sara567 wrote:Hello everyone
It's going to be one month since my husband submitted his application .I'm really worried as the status of his passport hasn't changed to UNDER PROCESS AT BHC.
Can you guys help me what to do and If I want to email them what email address should I send to.
Please help
Sara567,

Your best bet is to call Gerry's but I don't think you have anything to worry about. Some people's status don't change for quite a while - its just the BHC taking their time.

By calling Gerry's and quoting your application number they'll tell you what the current status of your application is and that way you'll have a bit of peace of mind. It's happened to a few people though so it'll be okay hopefully. Calling Gerrys instead of emailing visaenquiries.islamabad@fco.gov.uk is a lot quicker.

Good luck!

newbie1213

Post by newbie1213 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:41 am

sophia20 wrote:
newbie1213 wrote:

Sophia20,

Gerry's replied first time I emailed them but with nothing new, they can only arrange collection of passport, so they're no help.

Why would we be put on hold? What for? If we don't meet requirements then they should have told us right? What if we get a no after waiting this long! Can they do that? Has that happened to anyone?

Waiting........
You might not necessarily be put on hold but like I said, if you are officially put on hold, it usually comes as a result of them having contacted you directly asking for further submission of something. In our cases it might just be that they're being incredibly slow because we havent been contacted at all.
I wouldn't put anything past them over there :(

Anyway, in theory they could still refuse it even after going way above the 24 weeks but it would be pretty silly to have waited this long. Not sure if its happened to anyone else on here but I wouldn't be surprised if it has. They don't always seem to use much common sense in Pakistan! Hopefully, it's just a processing delay with our applications.

Also, I was under the impression that sometimes the delay can also stem not just from them but from Gerrys when they're contacting the applicants upon receiving their passports from Islamabad. Don't forget, they probably get loads returned to them each day and then they have to sit there and contact people individually and I'm sure some centres are busier than others. It must be a manual process. Lahore is probably just as busy as anywhere else no doubt which sucks!

Fingers crossed though!

cheekyvirgin

Post by cheekyvirgin » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:38 am

When did u
Sorry i meant where did u submit? Mirpur, islambd, lhre etc
I did apply in Lahore

cheekyvirgin

Post by cheekyvirgin » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:48 am

When did u get call for rfc n where did u apply?
In shaa Allah it wil b positive if a rfc comes after submission of documents its always visa granted as stated on the letter they send! All the best
[/quote]

They asked for my my kids british passport copies and copies of my last travel to Pakistan and yeah latest phone or chat logs.

aneesa786

Post by aneesa786 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:26 am

newbie1213 wrote:

Waiting........
I just figured it out. Go to user control panel at the top. Click profile which is the top tab. Then edit signature which is a side tab under profile...

Hopefully mine should be added from now onwards In Shaa Allah