ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Saika A

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by Saika A » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:36 pm

ALWAYSHOPE wrote:To All new september applicants

Thanks for sharing your timelines with us. This made me feel much better that were not the only ones waiting. Saika if you dont mind me asking what date you submitted application and where did you submit applications.

To all the new members on the forum if you already havent done so please add your timelines to the signature part, this will help me and others on the forum.

To all those waiting good luck and hopefully next week Insha Allah some of us should get RFC messages, or some sort of update.
ALWAYSHOPE

hi i submitted on the 23rd september and recieved a letter on the 13th january we submitted at islamabad

not sure how to the time line thing

mi1989
Newly Registered

Post by mi1989 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:45 pm

aneesa786 wrote:Salaam everyone,
I'm a newbie here and we just recently submitted a spouse visa application for my hubby. My timeline is currently as follows-

Application filed at City : Islamabad
Application submitted on : 30/12/13
Application forwarded to Islamabad OC on : 30/12/13
Application under process at British High Commission on : 13/01/14

I am employed but am currently earning under £18,600. However I have applied under the fact that I have cash savings in excess of £16,000 + (2.5 x the difference between my annual income and £18,600). I have had these funds in my account for over the 6 months required although they were initially gifted to me by family members.
I have provided evidence of this in the form of bank statements and provided a breakdown in the appendix 2 form my hubby filled in for the financial requirement.

Does anyone on this forum know of anyone being granted a visa under this circumstance? As the guidelines state this is acceptable. But I am extremely anxious that I will wait out the 24 weeks to find that they have just put it on hold without checking my documents properly as I have read several times on this forum. They don't seem to inform people either.

some more info for you. I have been married over a year and a half. The rules about the minimum income changed shortly after my marriage hence the delay in me applying. I was trying to get my finances in order to strengthen my application after the wedding (we all know how expensive they can be) and found out that I didn't fit the minimum income after going to see the local solicitor. heartbreaking!!!
I have been going to see my hubby every 6-8 months and last saw him in July 2013 when we went on holiday to Dubai together. Seems like a lifetime ago. This whole thing is so nerve wracking!!!

WalaykumAsalam my dear,

I was reading your post and my situation is exactly the same as yours. I too applied using the cash savings combined with income.. in terms of saving declarations... i had got declarations (affidavits) made in the presence of lawyers on behalf of my parents who gifted me the money.. in sha Allah we are waiting for the outcome it has been 3 months ...still waiting patiently.. only 'Allah Azwajal knows best... we have not heard anything yet...

When i read your post I thought i was reading about my own situation :) , I too met my husband last in July 2013 when we went to Dubai together... 'Allhumdulliah

Jazak'Allah Khair

Saika A

Post by Saika A » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:51 pm

mi1989 wrote:
I'm a newbie here and we just recently submitted a spouse visa application for my hubby. My timeline is currently as follows-

I am employed but am currently earning under £18,600. However I have applied under the fact that I have cash savings in excess of £16,000 + (2.5 x the difference between my annual income and £18,600). I have had these funds in my account for over the 6 months required although they were initially gifted to me by family members.
I have provided evidence of this in the form of bank statements and provided a breakdown in the appendix 2 form my hubby filled in for the financial requirement.

Does anyone on this forum know of anyone being granted a visa under this circumstance? As the guidelines state this is acceptable. But I am extremely anxious that I will wait out the 24 weeks to find that they have just put it on hold without checking my documents properly as I have read several times on this forum. They don't seem to inform people either.

some more info for you. I have been married over a year and a half. The rules about the minimum income changed shortly after my marriage hence the delay in me applying. I was trying to get my finances in order to strengthen my application after the wedding (we all know how expensive they can be) and found out that I didn't fit the minimum income after going to see the local solicitor. heartbreaking!!!
I have been going to see my hubby every 6-8 months and last saw him in July 2013 when we went on holiday to Dubai together. Seems like a lifetime ago. This whole thing is so nerve wracking!!!

WalaykumAsalam my dear,

I was reading your post and my situation is exactly the same as yours. I too applied using the cash savings combined with income.. in terms of saving declarations... i had got declarations (affidavits) made in the presence of lawyers on behalf of my parents who gifted me the money.. in sha Allah we are waiting for the outcome it has been 3 months ...still waiting patiently.. only 'Allah Azwajal knows best... we have not heard anything yet...

When i read your post I thought i was reading about my own situation :) , I too met my husband last in July 2013 when we went to Dubai together... 'Allhumdulliah

Jazak'Allah Khair
salaam im in the same sito too only we didnt submit a declaration of the savings when did u submit if u dont mind me asking

mi1989
Newly Registered

Post by mi1989 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:18 pm

[/quote]

salaam im in the same sito too only we didnt submit a declaration of the savings when did u submit if u dont mind me asking[/quote]

Sister my husband submitted it in 2nd week of october from Karachi.. 'Allhumdulliah hi rabbil alameen...

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:53 pm

Just a quick question.. For all of us who are put on hold, does anyone know what will happen after march once the hearing is done ? Like have we got more of a chance of being granted or is it still refusal or grant ?

sara567
Newly Registered

Post by sara567 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:05 pm

To newbie1213 ,
Thank you for the response . Could you post the phone number please
Thank you

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:51 pm

Thanks Saika, looks like i will hear soon. Maybe next week Insha Allah. Hope they respond to you quick after submitting further documents.

Looks like you have worked out how to do the timeline signature thing. I can now see your timeline signature.
Submitted Application: Feb 2012
Application Refused: Jul 2012
Appealed: Unsuccessfull
Reapplied: 27th Sep 2013
Application hold - Jan 2014
RFC: 26th August 2014
Result: Alhamdulillah Visa Granted - All thanks to Allah and your prayers

aneesa786

Post by aneesa786 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:55 pm

mi1989 wrote:

WalaykumAsalam my dear,

Jazak'Allah Khair
mi1989, did you prepare this declaration of savings upon request by the BHC or did you provide it at the time of applicatio?. I had my hubby call Gerry's and they told him they'll only accept additional documents unless it's been requested and I want to know if that's actually the case. Were these documents given in at Gerry's or given to the British High Comission?
Centre: Islamabad
Online application: 20/12/13
Submitted: 30/12/13
Forwarded to ISB OC: 30/12/13
Under process at BHC : 13/01/14
Call for RFC: 24/06/14
Outcome: Visa Granted Alhamdulillah

aneesa786

Post by aneesa786 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:01 pm

mi1989 wrote:
salaam im in the same sito too only we didnt submit a declaration of the savings when did u submit if u dont mind me asking[/quote]

Sister my husband submitted it in 2nd week of october from Karachi.. 'Allhumdulliah hi rabbil alameen...[/quote]

Oh, it seems whenever someone submits additional documents they go right to the back of the queue and have to wait the 12-24 weeks again. In Shaa Allah you'll be hearing soon if you haven't heard anything yet. Your 12 weeks must be approaching. If this declaration is necessary I want to provide it now. But Gerry's won't take anything until the BHC asks for it.

mi1989
Newly Registered

Post by mi1989 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:14 pm

aneesa786 wrote:
mi1989 wrote:

WalaykumAsalam my dear,

Jazak'Allah Khair
mi1989, did you prepare this declaration of savings upon request by the BHC or did you provide it at the time of applicatio?. I had my hubby call Gerry's and they told him they'll only accept additional documents unless it's been requested and I want to know if that's actually the case. Were these documents given in at Gerry's or given to the British High Comission?
I had submitted the declarations at the time of application.. we have not heard anything yet regarding additional documents..... in sha 'Allah... 'Allah azwajal knows best ameen summameen.... which city did ur husband apply from?

aneesa786

Post by aneesa786 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:18 pm

mi1989, my hubby applied from Islamabad. He lives in Karachi but we thought it would be slightly quicker as regardless of what centre you apply in Pakistan it goes to Islamabad and Abu Dhabi.

mi1989
Newly Registered

Post by mi1989 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:22 pm

aneesa786 wrote:
mi1989 wrote:
salaam im in the same sito too only we didnt submit a declaration of the savings when did u submit if u dont mind me asking
Sister my husband submitted it in 2nd week of october from Karachi.. 'Allhumdulliah hi rabbil alameen...[/quote]

Oh, it seems whenever someone submits additional documents they go right to the back of the queue and have to wait the 12-24 weeks again. In Shaa Allah you'll be hearing soon if you haven't heard anything yet. Your 12 weeks must be approaching. If this declaration is necessary I want to provide it now. But Gerry's won't take anything until the BHC asks for it.[/quote]

sister dont be disheartend.... sometimes they process the application within 2 weeks of you providing the additional documents if it is something minor... if its major for example if they dont believe ur working etc.. then it would take longer... because they need to do all their checks..
ins shaa Allah 'Allah azwajal knows best... may he grant us sabr during this wait ameen summaameen

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:00 pm

saf786 wrote:Just a quick question.. For all of us who are put on hold, does anyone know what will happen after march once the hearing is done ? Like have we got more of a chance of being granted or is it still refusal or grant ?
Also some people have said that the decision maybe taken into Supreme Court which may be well dragged into 2015!!!!! Is that how long I may have to wait if my case stays on hold :-( ... Someone plz enlighten me

Mrs N

Post by Mrs N » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:05 pm

Hi Guys

I havent posted for a while - just thought i would say hello and let u all know im still waiting!

I applied for my husbands visa on 17th June 2013 - September 25th hubby recieved a letter stating we hadnt given enough bank statments for my savings account (we actually provided them with statements april '12 through to may '13) for some reason they stated in this letter they only had statments from October 2012 to January 2013 - so beacuse it was over 28 days old as we applied in June they werent going to accept them

I was given till 10 October to send them and i sent them via email on 30 sept and by TCS on 1st Oct - they emailed to confirm they had recieved them, and thats all ive had ever since .. whats annoying is that the paperwork was all there in the first place and it took them over 3 months to tell me they hadnt got the paperwork?

i did get my MP involved but got the bog standard response that it is under process, and for the past 3 weeks ive been emailing quite a bit but i do not get a response, i think they have blocked my email address - i agree i must have over done it with the emails, but its been over 6 months now, actually its hit 7 months now and no response?

anyway a family friend of ours son got married in pakistan last year and he applied for his wifes visa in May - however he gets disability allowance so the process was a bit different - in november some people from the embassy came to his house and held an interview with him about his wedding/marriage - they came on 2 seperate occasions - unfortunately as he is disabled, (sorry i dont know the correct term so dont shoot me if im not PC) he is a bit slow - so when they asked him questions he had to pause and think and then answer.
so last week on thursday they got a call to pick up the passport, and on friday they come to find out his wifes visa has been refused - the reason being that in the interview they felt that the marriage was not genuine and they felt it was a forced marriage...

i think its completely wrong how the people at the embassy have so much control over a persons happiness.. i am a grown woman, and this situation has left me in bits on a daily basis.. i can only imagine what our family friend is going through, or in fact any one who has been refused

i am waiting patiently - i have no other option - people from sept/oct are getting their visas and yeah im happy for them, but i wish the embassy people would open their eyes and atleast give those waiting a decent enough answer

i agree with people when they say that everyone emailing them it makes it more hard work for them - but how difficult is it for them once they have looked at a file to just pop a quick email over to say 'hello mr/miss xxx, just to advise the process of ur application is xxxx' we surely pay enough for the stupid thing!

anyway rant over - so thats my story .. i will keep u updated as and when

Mrs N xx

KashmiriMunda
Newly Registered

Post by KashmiriMunda » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:23 pm

Mrs N wrote:Hi Guys
anyway a family friend of ours son got married in pakistan last year and he applied for his wifes visa in May - however he gets disability allowance so the process was a bit different - in november some people from the embassy came to his house and held an interview with him about his wedding/marriage - they came on 2 seperate occasions - unfortunately as he is disabled, (sorry i dont know the correct term so dont shoot me if im not PC) he is a bit slow - so when they asked him questions he had to pause and think and then answer.
so last week on thursday they got a call to pick up the passport, and on friday they come to find out his wifes visa has been refused - the reason being that in the interview they felt that the marriage was not genuine and they felt it was a forced marriage...
Mrs N xx
Hey, thanks for the post.

I applied the same way as your family friend via the DLA (Disability Living Allowance) process, and after reading what you just said I'm getting a bit nervous. Mashallah I am able to communicate effectively and if it came to an interview I would be able to prove that my marriage is genuine but this is the first time that I am hearing of the interview.

Do you have any more information regarding there case. I would be really greatful if you could post the details.

Thank You Mrs N

Saika A

Post by Saika A » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:31 pm

mi1989 wrote:

thank you insha allah you turn is next

Saika A

Post by Saika A » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:35 pm

saf786 wrote:
saf786 wrote:Just a quick question.. For all of us who are put on hold, does anyone know what will happen after march once the hearing is done ? Like have we got more of a chance of being granted or is it still refusal or grant ?
Also some people have said that the decision maybe taken into Supreme Court which may be well dragged into 2015!!!!! Is that how long I may have to wait if my case stays on hold :-( ... Someone plz enlighten me
yeah i heard that too if it changes they will appeal against it and drag it out untill next year, saf786 y were you put on hold if u dont mine me asking did u submit further evidence, because that way u might have a chnce of ur decision being reviewd which is what we are hoping for....

Saika A

Post by Saika A » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:41 pm

mi1989 wrote:
aneesa786 wrote:
mi1989 wrote:
Sister my husband submitted it in 2nd week of october from Karachi.. 'Allhumdulliah hi rabbil alameen...
Oh, it seems whenever someone submits additional documents they go right to the back of the queue and have to wait the 12-24 weeks again. In Shaa Allah you'll be hearing soon if you haven't heard anything yet. Your 12 weeks must be approaching. If this declaration is necessary I want to provide it now. But Gerry's won't take anything until the BHC asks for it.[/quote]

sister dont be disheartend.... sometimes they process the application within 2 weeks of you providing the additional documents if it is something minor... if its major for example if they dont believe ur working etc.. then it would take longer... because they need to do all their checks..
ins shaa Allah 'Allah azwajal knows best... may he grant us sabr during this wait ameen summaameen[/quote]

Jazakillah please make dua for us, we only submitted extra docs on the 15th jan so we will have to wait a while :( yeah dont send it untill they ask for it, because they might not need it

Saika A

Post by Saika A » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:45 pm

[quote="ALWAYSHOPE"]Thanks Saika, looks like i will hear soon. Maybe next week Insha Allah. Hope they respond to you quick after submitting further documents.

Looks like you have worked out how to do the timeline signature thing. I can now see your timeline signature.[/q

thanks yeah i worked it out lol, when did you submit your docs, inshaallah you will, sorry just read your timeline you will hear very soon

Mrs N

Post by Mrs N » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:14 pm

KashmiriMunda wrote:
Mrs N wrote:Hi Guys
Mrs N xx
Hey, thanks for the post.

I applied the same way as your family friend via the DLA (Disability Living Allowance) process, and after reading what you just said I'm getting a bit nervous. Mashallah I am able to communicate effectively and if it came to an interview I would be able to prove that my marriage is genuine but this is the first time that I am hearing of the interview.

Do you have any more information regarding there case. I would be really greatful if you could post the details.

Thank You Mrs N
ive sent u a PM - not sure if u have got it cuz cant work out this new format :-/ it says its in the outbox and not sent box - lemme know if u have it if not ill post it on here

KashmiriMunda
Newly Registered

Post by KashmiriMunda » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:21 pm

Mrs N wrote:
ive sent u a PM - not sure if u have got it cuz cant work out this new format :-/ it says its in the outbox and not sent box - lemme know if u have it if not ill post it on here

Hi,

I've not got this PM, I think it says I'm not allowed to use the PM service as I have not posted enough. So if you could post here that would be great, and thanks for the quick response sister :)

newbie1213

Post by newbie1213 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:39 pm

sara567 wrote:To newbie1213 ,
Thank you for the response . Could you post the phone number please
Thank you
I've just sent you a PM with the number

Mrs N

Post by Mrs N » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:23 am

KashmiriMunda wrote:
Mrs N wrote:

Hi,

I've not got this PM, I think it says I'm not allowed to use the PM service as I have not posted enough. So if you could post here that would be great, and thanks for the quick response sister :)
Hello

I remember reading a post u put a few days ago about applying via DLA but i couldnt find the post again so i was hoping u would come forward lol

Ok well i dont know the ins and outs of it, but i know they sent his brothers paperwork like for work etc to show his brother will support them financially - is that something u have had to do?

on their application they stated it was an arranged marriage - so they arranged an interview with his parents and with him and this is where the questioning began, first they asked his parents about the relationship between the guy and the girl he got married too as in how were they related before marriage and then asked why they wanted him to marry her etc - then they came back for a second one for just the guy who got married - and im quite disgusted by the stuff they asked him - he was quite embarrased to tell his parents but u know us apne we will tell anyone and everyone - but basically they asked him things like 'what happened on ur wedding day' - 'how did u approach her on the wedding day' and i think the most embarrasing one of all for him was how did u consummate ur marriage? i think thats totally unfair but i think they were trying to catch him out and he said he was shy and embarrased and he didnt answer it - so maybe that had an effect? i dont know to be honest.. they asked him on his own how he was related to the girl and again as he is a bit slow he forgot, and he couldnt answer - it was his sister in laws niece but he couldnt remember on the spot, again purely due to his disability and not being able to think quick enough.

i hope ive helped in some way

Mrs N

Post by Mrs N » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:25 am

Newbie - have u recieved my PM?

they are all going in to the outbox, dont know why and im unsure if u have recieved it?

newbie1213

Post by newbie1213 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:31 am

Mrs N wrote:Newbie - have u recieved my PM?

they are all going in to the outbox, dont know why and im unsure if u have recieved it?
Yup, just got it. Think they stay in your outbox until the other person has actually read it.

I've just replied back so check yours please.

Thanks!