ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jumanufer

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by jumanufer » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:11 am

SouthDubliner1 wrote:
Isobrinho wrote:
Isobrinho wrote:SouthDubliner1 Thank so munch on mine they dint say second stage!!! When did your wife apply?
well we applied in application received by INIS on Jan 29
EU citizen , 5yrs residency
well as i heard for EU it is straight forward and that is the reason it took just few weeks , we were asked for some additional document in mid feb which was submitted straight away.
Not sure when we get approval ? i wish and hope she could be in this ceremony so i can apply on based of Irish spouse straight away if not i will be eligible based on my 5 yrs residency in July.
but my concern is the minor traffic offence (not convicted) but fined 60 euro for no tax on my car , it was just because the garda was just dearly beloved , its a long story and i am concern as it may delay my case even though i am also accepted by Garda Reserve force just waiting for my Training ? and have over 50 Certificates for working with numerous charity organisation as a volunteer and currently working as Technologist in one of the biggest IT company in this country and honestly speaking working 14 hour (extra 4 to 5 hours daily) to bring new technology in Ireland which will bring few hundred Jobs and i will be representing Ireland in many forums and i desperately need to be citizen by the end of this year !! really i am just sick of some Gards because of their dearly beloved act i am in bad books despite of living here for over 12 years

I am almost same as yur wife. EU citizen I applied on Jan 27 and they got it following day. First and second letter I got it on February 11th. They have not requested anything else, I have not heard from them. I do not think we will be in the April ceremony, my wife will since she was approved middle Janaury. For EU citizen I understand is straight forward, but you never know.
In relation with your application, I do not think you should worry at all about the parking fine and penalty, etc. I had twice for speeding, once was to get to hospital when my child was born. I included that in the application. Other than that I am totally clean. They did not say anything.
If I face any issue I will let you know, but then again refusing a citizenship based on a driving penalty (other than drink + drive) would be very unfair.

May I ask you, where are you originally from?

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:41 pm

@jumanufer, its been 2 months now since i lodged in my application. And im the same as you, i never heard anything from them. Is it a good thing? When do they usually roll out approvals? Do u think in the next coming weeks or after april ceremony? Or may?

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:57 pm

pixie12 wrote:@jumanufer, its been 2 months now since i lodged in my application. And im the same as you, i never heard anything from them. Is it a good thing? When do they usually roll out approvals? Do u think in the next coming weeks or after april ceremony? Or may?
I'm not an expert so dnt take my words as granted
But the fact they are not asking as any information or documentation I think is a good sign.
In relation with approvals I wouldn't expect many these days, maybe getting closer to the ceremony yes and most likely after April 15th they will roll out a big batch of approvals

For us, I would be surprised to get it before June but maybe in May we might be gladly surprised.
There is nothing else we can do rather than waiting
I would ask them st this point (to avoid pudding then off) but if I dnt hear anything by June then I will give a call

pacificislands
Newly Registered

Post by pacificislands » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:51 pm

I send a checque of 950 euros last feb 8
And still waiting for the invitation for citizenship ceremony its been over 1 month now and they never
Came back to me. Anybody here paid 950euros and still waiting for letter of invitaion for citizenship ceremony?? i would like to hear from you

james101958
Ireland

Post by james101958 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:33 am

hi southdubliner1 can u send me ur phone no in my email address then I talk to u. email address. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by noajthan on Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal details

kachito
Newly Registered

Post by kachito » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:42 pm

pacificislands wrote:I send a checque of 950 euros last feb 8
And still waiting for the invitation for citizenship ceremony its been over 1 month now and they never
Came back to me. Anybody here paid 950euros and still waiting for letter of invitaion for citizenship ceremony?? i would like to hear from you
Hi, I am in the same situation. I got approval beginning of January and I sent 950 straight away and I am still waiting for the invitation. It's annoying as I want to book tickets for holidays in april/may. It looks like we are not the only ones. Hopefully we'll get invites before Easter :-)

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:36 am

james101958 wrote:hi southdubliner1 can u send me ur phone no in my email address then I talk to u. email address. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
what's your email ? i'll forward u my number
Thanks

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:41 am

The passport office took 31 days to process our younger son's passport application who is born in Ireland and is eligible for citizenship by birth. So no point booking hols in April at least....

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:43 am

I have few friends who i helped in the applications for citizenship few are pending since last year and we are seeing more more delay these days not like last couple of years where application processing was very quick compare to last 6 to 7 month they are again getting slower ? Am i right ?
God knows who will be the next minister for justice , but i hope some one who is sensible.
some time it surprises me that Ireland as a country is now well known for exporting software and technologies but in the Country many Government departments having old technology ,they should take the benefit of technologies that are exist and companies who are working here in Ireland.

Hoping for Good ! for all and Just praying for a Good minister For Justice !

james101958
Ireland

Post by james101958 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:46 pm

Hi southdubliner1 can u send me private tex otherwise my email address. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Last edited by noajthan on Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal contact details

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:14 pm

james101958 wrote:Hi southdubliner1 can u send me private tex otherwise my email address. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
I don't think you can write your contact number or email on the forum nor send Pm write ur mail as e x a m p l e at gmail

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:20 pm

SouthDubliner1 wrote:
james101958 wrote:Hi southdubliner1 can u send me private tex otherwise my email address. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
I don't think you can write your contact number or email on the forum nor send Pm write ur mail as e x a m p l e at gmail
Just refrain from posting contact info. Don't start getting cute with spelling emails longhand.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

james101958
Ireland

Post by james101958 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:22 pm

U can send me private text on this site please

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:14 am

The citizenship ceremony scheduled for friday april 15, 2016 has been deferred and will now take place on april 26, 2016.
Postponed for 11 days.

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:01 am

pixie12 wrote:The citizenship ceremony scheduled for friday april 15, 2016 has been deferred and will now take place on april 26, 2016.
Postponed for 11 days.
thx for the advise, just saw it in their website. they said the letter has been issued but my wife ddnt get it, so probably time to send an email asking. she sent payment back in January.
BTW, that is the date of her birthday!

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:22 pm

We asked this morning about ceremony and they confirmed my wife already that she will be invited and letter will be sent in the coming days

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:27 pm

jumanufer wrote:We asked this morning about ceremony and they confirmed my wife already that she will be invited and letter will be sent in the coming days
Thats good to know. I know a friend also who applied sept 2015. Paid her 950 last january 2016. And also said that she will definitely be invited. They probably send out invitations a few weeks before the ceremony. (Or maybe days before the ceremony)

Isobrinho
Newly Registered

Post by Isobrinho » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:30 pm

congratulatios all the best
jumanufer wrote:We asked this morning about ceremony and they confirmed my wife already that she will be invited and letter will be sent in the coming days

NINIOLA69

Post by NINIOLA69 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:52 pm

Good afternoon my pple! Pixie12,Dublin777 and all my pals on the forum. I presume there won't be any more approvals until after the ceremony ,I guess only invitations will be issued to those that has paid already. Cos when I email them ,they replied and said my application is at advanced stage .Advanced stage wch only them can interpret ,we just have to keep praying and hoping for the best. I wish everyone expecting good luck and have a good day.

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:00 pm

NINIOLA69 wrote:Good afternoon my pple! Pixie12,Dublin777 and all my pals on the forum. I presume there won't be any more approvals until after the ceremony ,I guess only invitations will be issued to those that has paid already. Cos when I email them ,they replied and said my application is at advanced stage .Advanced stage wch only them can interpret ,we just have to keep praying and hoping for the best. I wish everyone expecting good luck and have a good day.

When did you apply and when did you get the second stage letter?

NINIOLA69

Post by NINIOLA69 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:48 pm

jumanufer wrote:
NINIOLA69 wrote:Good afternoon my pple! Pixie12,Dublin777 and all my pals on the forum. I presume there won't be any more approvals until after the ceremony ,I guess only invitations will be issued to those that has paid already. Cos when I email them ,they replied and said my application is at advanced stage .Advanced stage wch only them can interpret ,we just have to keep praying and hoping for the best. I wish everyone expecting good luck and have a good day.

I applied on the 29th of September, based on Irish spouse and got the second stage letter on the 21st of January. I am still on my kneels praying that I shd be part of the April 26th ceremony .

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:39 pm

NINIOLA69 wrote:
jumanufer wrote:

I applied on the 29th of September, based on Irish spouse and got the second stage letter on the 21st of January. I am still on my kneels praying that I shd be part of the April 26th ceremony .

You might do it. I would not be surprised to see a small wave of approvals these days
Good luck!

green2016

Post by green2016 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:45 pm

Hi

Small update regarding invitation letters for ceremony, as of today none are sent out from citizenship section

Thank you

dublin777

Post by dublin777 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:34 pm

After I have been told that my file has gone to the Minister 2 weeks ago, I emailed in is today, this is the reply:

Dear , »»»»»

Your application is currently being processed. While it is not possible to
give an exact timeframe, this office will be in touch as soon as a decision
has been reached.

Regards,

«»»»»»»» »»»»»»
Citizenship Division

What does this mean? Does it mean my file has been returned guys share yr experience. Thanks in advance.

NINIOLA69

Post by NINIOLA69 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:41 pm

dublin777 wrote:After I have been told that my file has gone to the Minister 2 weeks ago, I emailed in is today, this is the reply:

Dear , »»»»»

Your application is currently being processed. While it is not possible to
give an exact timeframe, this office will be in touch as soon as a decision
has been reached.

Regards,

«»»»»»»» »»»»»»
Citizenship Division
Dublin777, I told u the last time.Just take it easy ,most of the time they don't have the right information. The genuine information only comes thru any letters or correspondence sent to u or else someone can get sick expecting or hearing informations that are not encouraging to ur cause. If it is possible just ignore it slightly and pray to God to remember u and listen to ur cries. Am more restless mysef waiting for approval but when it did not come ,I just shifted my attention to other things and waiting that it will come Whn is my turn. Take it easy brov. God will listen to ur cries and heal ur wound.

What does this mean? Does it mean my file has been returned guys share yr experience. Thanks in advance.