ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Geet1328
India

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Geet1328 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:50 pm

VeejM wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:
VeejM wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:
Superb !!! Congratulations!!! :)

Thanks Geet!

Reckon its all good then?
Why cant they just tell you the result?!
Its like opening that envelope for your GCSE's not know how good you did! :lol: :lol:
Sure it is :)
But trust me 100 % it's a positive news !!! Awesome days are awaiting ahead :)
Ahhhh thanks Geet1328!

I'll still be hanging around to tell you 100% answer.
Also let me know if you hear anything... looks like they are slowly clearing the Priority Backlog....
Yeah sure do let me know ... yeah let's see when I get my good news !!!

dawn1
Newly Registered

Post by dawn1 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:47 pm

Hi Guys,

I've been reading through this thread and I'm joining as I received the dreaded "not straightforward" email on Monday which my 59 days from Bio metrics. I haven't received any other emails yet but I don't fall in the category of "hold for financial reasons". By all means I believe my case is straightforward, it's my first application, never been refused, no dependents etc.

I think it's just because of the backlog (even though I applied priority). I contacted MP since my 30 days had passed and they said it can take up to 20 days to get a reply, they haven't heard anything since and tbh haven't been very helpful. I checked the online status which was saying "not recognized" until today, it said "Open"...might not be much but it did lift my spirits, anyone have any idea what it means though? Like does it mean final stages can be completed in a few days or can it still be weeks...

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:12 pm

I have a query if anyone can guide me ?

My official email address i gave to HO for contact isnt working due to technical issues , How can i inform the HO of my new Email Address so they can contact me through that new email ?

Regards

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:26 pm

Iv received a case not straightforward email on my 56th day but with no reason as to why it is also i have also given one of my employment as my fathers business will that be a problem? Along with the paperwork iv given p60s for both my jobs and it does show how much tax is being cut of and all payments go out on time.

VeejM

Post by VeejM » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:27 pm

Hi Guys!!!!

So the missus has picked up the passport today with the visa stamped and good to go!

Hopefully all is over untill applying for the extension in a yeah and a half (more madness).
But want to thank all the Moderators (you know who you are :) ) and all the fellow Forum Members.
I hope that for those that are still waiting.... good news is only around the corner!

Its been emotional... :cry:

All the best!
Veej
8) :D :)

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:39 pm

VeejM wrote:Hi Guys!!!!

So the missus has picked up the passport today with the visa stamped and good to go!

Hopefully all is over untill applying for the extension in a yeah and a half (more madness).
But want to thank all the Moderators (you know who you are :) ) and all the fellow Forum Members.
I hope that for those that are still waiting.... good news is only around the corner!

Its been emotional... :cry:

All the best!
Veej
8) :D :)
Great news!! Congratulations
Happy times back again
All the best !!

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:20 pm

Congratulations veejm!!

Did you get any email about yur case not being straightforward? My 60days are up today :(

ABC123ABC
Newly Registered

Post by ABC123ABC » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:18 am

This is my first time posting on here, we applied for settlement visa on 13/05/17, biometrics date was 17/05/17. The supporting documents were received in Sheffield on 22/05/17 and returned on 02/06/17. We have heard nothing from them and have not received a case on hold or not straightforward email. The copies of the documents sent were also returned on 21/07/17 and today is the 58th working day- we paid for priority service and we have not heard anything from them at all. :cry:

thewallstreetmonkey
Newly Registered

Post by thewallstreetmonkey » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:27 am

We applied on 19 May 2017 in Istanbul and today received an e-mail saying that a decision has been made. 54 working days in total. Noone answered our queries, MP or solicitors during this time Now, what happens? Will local TlS contact my wife and say the passport is ready to be collected? How long does this take? Will she have 30 days to travel back to the UK? Hopefully, it is good news. Have you heard of many rejection cases after receiving decision made email?

TLScontact center tracking system shows decision made but GOV.UK tracking site does not still recognize the reference number which is strange!

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:43 am

This is my first time posting on here, we applied for settlement visa on 13/05/17, biometrics date was 17/05/17. The supporting documents were received in Sheffield on 22/05/17 and returned on 02/06/17. We have heard nothing from them and have not received a case on hold or not straightforward email. The copies of the documents sent were also returned on 21/07/17 and today is the 58th working day- we paid for priority service and we have not heard anything from them at all. :cry:

Hi, my husbands biometric was on the 11th, our case is similar, they sent my husband that email on my 56th working day without any reason and now its our 61 working days still nothing.
Where did you apply from?

ABC123ABC
Newly Registered

Post by ABC123ABC » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:13 am

Ish21 wrote:

Hi, my husbands biometric was on the 11th, our case is similar, they sent my husband that email on my 56th working day without any reason and now its our 61 working days still nothing.
Where did you apply from?
My husband applied from Islamabad. We have not received any emails at all, just waiting. Where did you apply from?

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:35 am

My husband applied from Pakistan, Mirpur, we got the case not straightforward email on our 56th day but till now nothing, havent been contacted for why its not striaghfroward; iv also called them up but they said its still awaiting a decision. :(

ABC123ABC
Newly Registered

Post by ABC123ABC » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:32 am

[quote="Ish21"]My husband applied from Pakistan, Mirpur, we got the case not straightforward email on our 56th day but till now nothing, havent been contacted for why its not striaghfroward; iv also called them up but they said its still awaiting a decision. :([/

I also get the same answer each time I call, that it is awaiting a decision.

charlie2000
Newly Registered

Post by charlie2000 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:05 pm

Hi,
I wonder if anyone can help.

It was coming up to 6 months since we applied for a spouse visa so we wrote to the paid service to escalate the case. After some back and forth they sent us this reply...

"Thank you for your enquiry
As we advised previously, following a Supreme Court judgment on Wednesday 22 February 2017, the Home Office has paused decision-making on some settlement applications – in particular, those failing to meet the minimum income threshold for British Citizens and other settled persons sponsoring visa applications, or where children are involved. The reason for this pause is to enable the Home Office to consider the implications of the judgement. All other applications will continue to be processed and decided as normal. As a result UKVI is currently unable to process this application and the documents were being returned whilst this pause is in place.
There are additional application requirements that may have not been met which also mean that the application is put on hold for this reason and we cannot disclose which aspect of the rules this has been placed on hold for"

This was received today after the decision was made about looking at "on hold" from August onwards.

Is this just a generic email? Has anyone else received such an email after escalating, and after the supreme court made their new judicial precedent.

Many thanks

thewallstreetmonkey
Newly Registered

Post by thewallstreetmonkey » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:38 pm

thewallstreetmonkey wrote:We applied on 19 May 2017 in Istanbul and today received an e-mail saying that a decision has been made. 54 working days in total. Noone answered our queries, MP or solicitors during this time Now, what happens? Will local TlS contact my wife and say the passport is ready to be collected? How long does this take? Will she have 30 days to travel back to the UK? Hopefully, it is good news. Have you heard of many rejection cases after receiving decision made email?

TLScontact center tracking system shows decision made but GOV.UK tracking site does not still recognize the reference number which is strange!
Both systems show as decided now. Actually, it seems like it was decided on 1 August so it took a while to get systems updated I guess. Passport is ready for collection as well. Fingers crossed!

denghao3

Post by denghao3 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:35 pm

Hi everyone, i'm new here.
firstly give timeline for my application
hand in data: 30th march 2017 (everything finish that day, biometric, documents scan)
email for my case not straight forward: 23rd june 2017
still awaiting a decision until now, and awaiting a decision since 25th may 2017.
so anyone same here?
i have two question: 1. how can i know my case was on hold?
2. anyone know any way can contact HO?

thanks

samkahn
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by samkahn » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:16 pm

We applied mid March from Mirpur (100) days now and no emails or phone calls whatsoever.
I have found that on the first of June they increased the timescale to 120 days.
Will have to anxiously wait another 20 days. The next step will be for me to contact my MP, to see if that helps.
One thing you could do is keep check your bank account to see if your NHS surcharge has not been refunded, if it has been refunded, then it's not good news.

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:03 pm

thewallstreetmonkey wrote:
thewallstreetmonkey wrote:We applied on 19 May 2017 in Istanbul and today received an e-mail saying that a decision has been made. 54 working days in total. Noone answered our queries, MP or solicitors during this time Now, what happens? Will local TlS contact my wife and say the passport is ready to be collected? How long does this take? Will she have 30 days to travel back to the UK? Hopefully, it is good news. Have you heard of many rejection cases after receiving decision made email?

Both systems show as decided now. Actually, it seems like it was decided on 1 August so it took a while to get systems updated I guess. Passport is ready for collection as well. Fingers crossed!
That's great news!!

The vignette is usually issued within 1 week if application is successful, with 1 calendar month window for travel. Notification is sent to your spouse to collect the passport within 10 working days. I'm having massive problems with TLS in Russia. Hope you fare better in Turkey.
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

cutiieepiie
Newly Registered

Post by cutiieepiie » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:22 pm

denghao3 wrote:Hi everyone, i'm new here.
hand in data: 30th march 2017 (everything finish that day, biometric, documents scan)
still awaiting a decision until now, and awaiting a decision since 25th may 2017.
so anyone same here?

thanks
Hi denghao3

I have a timeline similar to yours. We also applied 30th March and received case not straightforward email on 23rd June and our online status is also showing awaiting decision since 25th May.

We have made many phone calls and emailed them and they keep telling us it is awaiting a decision and to wait 90 working days, which is up next week.

If you go on their website you can try emailing or calling them (there's a charge), but it is pointless as they don't tell you anything and it costs a lot. All the best!

Where did you apply from??

denghao3

Post by denghao3 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:30 pm

cutiieepiie wrote:
so anyone same here?

thanks
Hi denghao3

I have a timeline similar to yours. We also applied 30th March and received case not straightforward email on 23rd June and our online status is also showing awaiting decision since 25th May.

We have made many phone calls and emailed them and they keep telling us it is awaiting a decision and to wait 90 working days, which is up next week.

If you go on their website you can try emailing or calling them (there's a charge), but it is pointless as they don't tell you anything and it costs a lot. All the best!

Hi,
i applied in china nanjing application center, and all the way i had try: contact MP, call and email them, my agency write a letter to them and just nothing reply.
and what u mean awaiting 90 working days? today is already 91th working days....

cutiieepiie
Newly Registered

Post by cutiieepiie » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:37 pm

denghao3 wrote:
cutiieepiie wrote:
so anyone same here?

thanks
Hi denghao3

Hi,
i applied in china nanjing application center, and all the way i had try: contact MP, call and email them, my agency write a letter to them and just nothing reply.
and what u mean awaiting 90 working days? today is already 91th working days....
I have also wrote to my Mp, but no answer as of yet. We have applied from Islamabad Pakistan. No, we've had 4 bank holidays since 30th March. Our 90 days are up next week.

denghao3

Post by denghao3 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:42 pm

cutiieepiie wrote:
denghao3 wrote:
cutiieepiie wrote:
so anyone same here?

thanks
Hi denghao3

Hi,
I have also wrote to my Mp, but no answer as of yet. We have applied from Islamabad Pakistan. No, we've had 4 bank holidays since 30th March. Our 90 days are up next week.

so lucky to meet you, cheers first, and think we might can get decided same time. by the way, what u can do after 90 days? waiting again? lol

cutiieepiie
Newly Registered

Post by cutiieepiie » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:54 pm

Same here! Yes that's what it looks like

The lady I spoke to said to wait 90 working days said to call them back if I don't hear anything (not sure what difference that is going to make). She also said I should hear by then and I will also get the priority fee back

Did you apply using priority?

denghao3

Post by denghao3 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:59 pm

cutiieepiie wrote:Same here! Yes that's what it looks like

The lady I spoke to said to wait 90 working days said to call them back if I don't hear anything (not sure what difference that is going to make). She also said I should hear by then and I will also get the priority fee back

well, if she say she can escalate your case that is nothing. their told me can escalate your case after 60 working days.

An escalation has been made on your behalf.
We have previously advised you via email the processing of your application
has not been straightforward and we are unable to meet the published service
standards. We continue to work on the application and will make a decision
as soon as we are able to. Unfortunately, we cannot give a time scale for
when a decision will be made.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

in china, uk settlement visa not provide priority service. no choice for me, so sad.

cutiieepiie
Newly Registered

Post by cutiieepiie » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:00 pm

denghao3 wrote:
cutiieepiie wrote:Same here! Yes that's what it looks like

well, if she say she can escalate your case that is nothing. their told me can escalate your case after 60 working days.

An escalation has been made on your behalf.
We have previously advised you via email the processing of your application
has not been straightforward and we are unable to meet the published service
standards. We continue to work on the application and will make a decision
as soon as we are able to. Unfortunately, we cannot give a time scale for
when a decision will be made.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at http://www.GOV.UK

in china, uk settlement visa not provide priority service. no choice for me, so sad.
You've saved a lot of money as they are not really giving people a priority service and treating all applications like standard. I have had my case escalated once in April and they said it's in the priority queue awaiting assessment. Since then they said to wait 60 working days. When these were almost up they emailed to say case is not straightforward and cannot be processed when just a few weeks before they told me it is awaiting a decision and has been processed. It is all a big mess they never give you a clear answer. The final call I made told me to wait 90 days as that is how long it takes from Islamabad.

Which visa have you applied for?