ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea2 wait

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Morpheo

Post by Morpheo » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:30 pm

Hi All,

I thought you might find this interesting :), I am really sorry if the formatting is not good as I had to copy paste from the pdf file received.

Please note that this is the European Commission's comprehensive report on it's investigation into the UKBA's non-compliance in the issuance of RCs under EU law and active steps taken to tackle the matter.

I hope this helps

M

- 1 -THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION'S REPORT

Subject: Petition 1442/2008, bearing 100 signatures, on negative impact generated by the length of the UK procedures concerning the granting of residence permits

1. Summary of petition 1442/2008

The petitioner complains about the duration of the UK procedures concerning the granting of residence permits for spouses of the European and EEA-citizens. According to the petitioner, she needed to wait eight months before obtaining the residence card. The petitioner notes the major inconveniences caused by this lengthy procedure as she could not search for a job or leave the UK as personal documents accompanying the application were held until the delivery of the residence card by the British authorities. The petitioner argues that British authorities are not complying with the relevant European legislation and asks the European parliament to investigate
this issue.

2. Admissibility

1442/2008 Declared admissible on 10 March 2009

3. Commission reply, for 1442/2008 received on 15 May 2009
‘Observations of the Commission Article 18 of the EC Treaty stipulates that every citizen of the Union shall have the right to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member States, subject to the limitations and
conditions laid down in this Treaty and by the measures adopted to give it effect. The respective limitations and conditions are to be found in Directive 2004/38/EC the right of citizens of the Union and their family members to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member States.
Under Article 8(2) of the Directive, the right of residence of EU citizens shall be evidenced by the issuing of a registration certificate, which should be issued immediately. Under Article 16(2) of the Directive, the right of permanent residence of EU citizens shall be evidenced by the issuing of a
document certifying permanent residence, which should be issued as soon as possible.

Under Article 10(1) of the Directive, the right of residence of family members of an EU citizen who are not nationals of a Member State shall be evidenced by the issuing of a document called “Residence card of the family member of a Union citizenâ€

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:21 pm

Hi Morpheo, great info! Thanks for putting it in here.

kkk01

Post by kkk01 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:22 pm

Morpeous

Yep I saw the news few days ago. It sounds good tho on paper.:lol:
I hope they "work the talk".(no pun intended)

kuka

Post by kuka » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:20 pm

really hope it'll work for us guys :) because waiting it really hard and I hate waiting :D

kuka

Re: EEA 2 MUCH WAIT

Post by kuka » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:38 pm

yemco wrote:
SAJJ wrote:Hi Kuka,

Have you heard anything from HO ? Did you call them ? I know that your case is with the case working team since 6th August.Did they give you the case working team`s reference, mine is with LN7 team since 20th Aug 09, and have you send your caseworking team any complaint directly ?

Plz let me know
call HO today again to ask about an update of my application.they game me my case working team reference number as LNC17,the lady told me they send a letter to me since 17th of september.uptill now i have not recieve any letter.don't know wot to do again.
Maybe call them and ask to send this letter again?

SAJJ
Newly Registered

EEA 2 MUCH WAIT

Post by SAJJ » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:49 pm

Hi,

It seems that it has been a long time since anyone from this forum got a RC. As per the latest stastics HO is issueing 1500 RCs everyweek. So I think we must keep our cases updated in this forum.

And let`s keep our fingers crossed and hope that HO is going to clear all the backlog by December.

PS, who`s got the RC lately, can you plz share your info,

Regards

mourad

Post by mourad » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:43 am

hi sajji .
where did you get the 1500 figure from?

Morpheo

Post by Morpheo » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:46 am

mourad wrote:hi sajji .
Check my previous post.

It seems that posting has slowed down, I hope it is because people are getting their RC, PR processed in time.

I am very interested to know how many applications have been delayed since June 2009.

Anyone is still waiting for his RC/PR and applied in June 2009?

Sarah T

Post by Sarah T » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:51 am

Either people are still waiting or people has forgotten to post their good news once they got it.

Well, I believe there are many that are still waiting from last year. As previously mentioned, I'm still waiting for mine since February 2009.

If anyone has submitted it earlier this year or around Feb and gotten it, would be nice to know. Thanks!

Update: Just read in another forum that someone applied in April 09 and got his/her RC today. That's just under 6 months.

kkk01

Post by kkk01 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:00 pm

mourad wrote:hi sajji .
Like Morpheo said, Check his previous post. However I don't know how practical that is, or just another publicity stunts as most of us are yet to receive our RCs. :?

Sarah T

Post by Sarah T » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:50 pm

Hi everyone,

One of my colleagues (she's from Mexico) has literally just informed me that she has gotten her RC. She applied as a spouse at end of April 09 and got it last Friday.

So I guess some of you that falls in the 'april' consideration might be getting yours soon. Keep watching out for your mail.

As for the rest of us, we'll just have to wait and see. :(

kuka

Post by kuka » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:55 pm

Sarah T wrote:Hi everyone,

One of my colleagues (she's from Mexico) has literally just informed me that she has gotten her RC. She applied as a spouse at end of April 09 and got it last Friday.

So I guess some of you that falls in the 'april' consideration might be getting yours soon. Keep watching out for your mail.

I wish we would wait a bit longer and applied in 2009, it was such a bad timing :(

Sarah T

Post by Sarah T » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:58 pm

Kuka,

I think it only applies for application from April 09, as I haven't heard anything myself either. :( This is too depressing.

SAJJ
Newly Registered

Post by SAJJ » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:07 pm

Sarah T wrote:Hi everyone,

It`s not fair. I`m waiting since last December. I called HO couple of days back and told them that I`m waiting since December and my my case is with the CW team since AUG and lady there was very KIND and told me that I can ask for my passport back, if I need it.

People there are so insensitive and it seems that you are speaking to a wall.
We must keep ourselves updated about our cases. It gives some hope when some one receives RC.

mourad

Post by mourad » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:36 pm

SAJJ wrote:Hi,

It seems that it has been a long time since anyone from this forum got a RC. As per the latest stastics HO is issueing 1500 RCs everyweek. So I think we must keep our cases updated in this forum.

And let`s keep our fingers crossed and hope that HO is going to clear all the backlog by December.

PS, who`s got the RC lately, can you plz share your info,

Regards
it would have been nicer if you posted again never mind;it`s just this figure seems wrong and exagerated that would make 78000 RC a year .if you think about it none would be on this forum if this was true.

SAJJ
Newly Registered

Post by SAJJ » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:15 pm

Hi Mourad,

Check page 34 and read the post of Morpheo dated Sat Oct 17, 2009

Regards

mourad

Post by mourad » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:39 pm

thanks for being precise this time .
i understand now it says 1500 decisions that puts in a better perspective as it doesn`t mean 1500 RC given a week but any kind of decisions and i would bet £10 that it includes asylum ,deportation,EEA 3 4...etc
these guys .......
i did apply like you in december 08 and got my 5 years in september

kkk01

Post by kkk01 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:51 pm

mourad wrote:thanks for being precise this time .
i understand now it says 1500 decisions that puts in a better perspective as it doesn`t mean 1500 RC given a week but any kind of decisions and i would bet £10 that it includes asylum ,deportation,EEA 3 4...etc
these guys .......
i did apply like you in december 08 and got my 5 years in september
Good for you Mourad. :)

I applied in December 08 as well, However Am still waiting. :(

Sabby_00
Newly Registered

RC received in less than a month

Post by Sabby_00 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:07 am

I received my RC in less than a month. Here's my story:

I'm a Canadian married to a French National. I originally entered the UK on a 2 year holidaymaker visa, which expires in September 2010.

September 28th, 2009: UK Broder Agency received my completed EEA2 form, with all documents including original passports

October 13th, 2009: COA received

October 21st, 2009: RC and all documents received via UK Royal Mail special delivery.

Good luck to everyone waiting!

kkk01

Re: RC received in less than a month

Post by kkk01 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:34 am

Sabby_00 wrote:I received my RC in less than a month. Here's my story:

I'm a Canadian married to a French National. I originally entered the UK on a 2 year holidaymaker visa, which expires in September 2010.

September 28th, 2009: UK Broder Agency received my completed EEA2 form, with all documents including original passports

October 21st, 2009: RC and all documents received via UK Royal Mail special delivery.

Wow! This is simply unbelievable.
Congrats to you, Sabby. Am glad you got yours under a month.
Unfortunately some of us are still waiting, Hope it wont be long though.
Fingers crossed! :roll:

kuka

Re: RC received in less than a month

Post by kuka » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:02 pm

Sabby_00 wrote:I received my RC in less than a month. Here's my story:

That's amazing! Congrats! That's really really fast!
I wish HO would process the rest of RC as fast as yours!

Sarah T

Post by Sarah T » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:18 am

Wow, agree! That's super fast!

Congratulation and thanks for sharing!

SAJJ
Newly Registered

EEA 2 MUCH WAIT

Post by SAJJ » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:16 pm

Hi guys,

So how many of us are waiting RC for more than six months.

SAJJ

PS let`s carry this forward.

01 Sajj > Applied Dec 08

kkk01

Post by kkk01 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:38 pm

Hey Guys, I just received an email from SOLVIT which reads thus:
"...As per the complaint sent to us as regards to the delay in processing your application by the UKBA, thus your application was being given an urgent consideration. Please advice whether you've received any response from the UKBA"...

Well, maybe I should give the HO a call later as Am yet to receive any response from them, as said by SOLVIT.
Fingers Crossed. 8)

SAJJ
Newly Registered

Post by SAJJ » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:12 pm

kkk01 wrote:Hey Guys, I just received an email from SOLVIT which reads thus:
"...As per the complaint sent to us as regards to the delay in processing your application by the UKBA, thus your application was being given an urgent consideration. Please advice whether you've received any response from the UKBA"...

Well, maybe I should give the HO a call later as Am yet to receive any response from them, as said by SOLVIT.
Fingers Crossed. 8)
Hi kkk01,

When did you submit your application

SAJJ