ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gnem
BANNED

Post by gnem » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:45 am

No new news of approval, but the new government really doing a good job on immigration given their pledge on immigration although they did not create department of immigration with a minister, but atleast their program for government to free up like, is been met in the island of island and the seas.

5,000 Citizenship approval in space of 4 month is in fact a landmark approval in the European Union super state archipelago.

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:23 pm

Hi all,
I've got two questions!

1- How long after approval does it take for one to get invited to the ceremony?

2- How long after the ceremony does it take to get the actual passport?

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:31 pm

once you got the approval letter.you have to submit 950 euro,2 photos,gnib card.they will confirm your date within 2-6 weeks.normally they are doing the citizenship ceremony every 2 months.once you take the oath .they will issue you the naturastion cert.you can apply for irish passport.you can get irish passport within 1-3 weeks.it all depend how busy they are dealing with another applicants.there is more details in www.dfa.ie ,www.inis.gov.ie citizenship

catch_hunter

Post by catch_hunter » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:53 pm

Naija wrote:
catch_hunter wrote:Hi IQU,
My application was received and an acknowledgement number was issued in mid December 2010
I'm sorry,i dont mean to be rude with my question,but looking as your other posts,I just wanna ask you whether u applied for citizenship in mid december 2010 or for long term residency in mid december of that year,as your previous posts say you applied fot citizenship in july of that year.I only ask because i am december 2010 applicant as well.Anyway i congratulate to you and rest of people who have gotten it and good luck to all those of us who are still waiting. :)
Hi Naija,
Initially when I applied in July 2010, my application was rejected and then was rejected again in August 2010, so rejected twice. I finally applied at the start of December 2010. This time my application was received and an acknowledgement number was issued in mid December 2010. I hope it clears your doubt.

Thanks for your wishes and my best wishes to you as well.

catch_hunter

Post by catch_hunter » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:55 pm

viking wrote:Congrats Catch Hunter.

Friends - I've a question as below:

My approval letter was delivered to my Old Adress and when I sent €950 Fees&GNIB etc.,couple of weeks ago and I requested the Division to send any further correspondance to my New Address, would they update my records accordingly and will issue the oath confirmation letter to
my New Address? pls.can any one share their experiences similar to above!!

Thanks in advance..
Thanks viking and my best wishes to you as well.

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:10 pm

IQU wrote:once you got the approval letter.you have to submit 950 euro,2 photos,gnib card.they will confirm your date within 2-6 weeks.normally they are doing the citizenship ceremony every 2 months.once you take the oath .they will issue you the naturastion cert.you can apply for irish passport.you can get irish passport within 1-3 weeks.it all depend how busy they are dealing with another applicants.there is more details in www.dfa.ie ,www.inis.gov.ie citizenship
Thank you! That clears up my questions.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:42 pm

is anyone else got his/her approval today.its look like they clear 90%backload.

rlow68

Post by rlow68 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:30 pm

catch_hunter wrote:

My approval letter was delivered to my Old Adress and when I sent €950 Fees&GNIB etc.,couple of weeks ago and I requested the Division to send any further correspondance to my New Address, would they update my records accordingly and will issue the oath confirmation letter to

Thanks in advance..
Check the pink letter very well, they should have told you no more communication until you meet at the Convention centre for swearing after you have sent what they require. recheck the letter again, you should be one of the people to swear for on the 1st.

viking

Post by viking » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:43 pm

rlow68 wrote:
catch_hunter wrote:

Thanks in advance..
Check the pink letter very well, they should have told you no more communication until you meet at the Convention centre for swearing after you have sent what they require. recheck the letter again, you should be one of the people to swear for on the 1st.

Rlow hi,

Infact I've not received Oath Confirmation letter yet!, to get this I did send the Fee & GNIB card to the Dept.,(on5th March)as they mentioned in my approval letter for which I've also enclosed a change of address request letter, so "I'm in waiting".. :!:

Thank You mate..

rlow68

Post by rlow68 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:26 pm

viking wrote:
rlow68 wrote:
catch_hunter wrote:

Thanks in advance..

Rlow hi,

Infact I've not received Oath Confirmation letter yet!, to get this I did send the Fee & GNIB card to the Dept.,(on5th March)as they mentioned in my approval letter for which I've also enclosed a change of address request letter, so "I'm in waiting".. :!:

Thank You mate..

In that pink letter asking you to send your GNIB and the cash with passport photos it was clearly written you will not be contacted again, that letter is what you will take to the swearing, unless your letter is different from mine which I doubt, so take your time and check the content again.

viking

Post by viking » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:56 pm

rlow68 wrote:
viking wrote:
rlow68 wrote:
catch_hunter wrote:

Rlow hi,

Thank You mate..

In that pink letter asking you to send your GNIB and the cash with passport photos it was clearly written you will not be contacted again, that letter is what you will take to the swearing, unless your letter is different from mine which I doubt, so take your time and check the content again.
Nothing mentioned as above, but advised to forward these above docs., to the dept, and so I did, my understanding of the standard process is that all Applicant should wait for a Oath Date connfirmation letter from the dept., in order to attend for the Ceremony accordingly.

wandererz

Post by wandererz » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:44 pm

viking wrote:
rlow68 wrote:
viking wrote:
rlow68 wrote:

Rlow hi,

Thank You mate..

Nothing mentioned as above, but advised to forward these above docs., to the dept, and so I did, my understanding of the standard process is that all Applicant should wait for a Oath Date connfirmation letter from the dept., in order to attend for the Ceremony accordingly.
Yes indeed. It is your understanding that is the problem. As myself and others on the other forum, and as the others on this forum have mentioned there is NO confirmation issued.

This may have been the case in the past but it no longer is based on recent approvals.
If your pink form stated the date of 1st April for the ceremony, then all you have to do is turn up there on the 1st at the designated time.

The question is: did your pink letter/s mention the 1st April and a specific time? If not then you had better give them a call on Tuesday to ensure that you don't stuff things up.

This is an important time in your life and you need to speak to INIS directly rather than asking the same questions over and again on internet forums.

There is only one week left & you need to make sure that you should be there and at the correct time.

Trying not to be rude here but just sensible.
Last edited by wandererz on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KODO
Newly Registered

Post by KODO » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:51 pm

viking wrote:
rlow68 wrote:
viking wrote:
rlow68 wrote:

Rlow hi,

Thank You mate..

hi guys there is two diferent process before ceremony 1,you receive all leter for invitation,address for ceremony and instruction to pay most of my friend got this. no.2 is only instruction to pay then you wait for invitaton...this is the one i got before i got the pink/blue invitation ....the 1st option is the best hope this helps guys

viking

Post by viking » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:58 pm

KODO wrote:
viking wrote:
rlow68 wrote:
viking wrote:

Rlow hi,

Thank You mate..

hi guys there is two diferent process before ceremony 1,you receive all leter for invitation,address for ceremony and instruction to pay most of my friend got this. no.2 is only instruction to pay then you wait for invitaton...this is the one i got before i got the pink/blue invitation ....the 1st option is the best hope this helps guys

Hi Kodo - Great, that cleared the air, wonder how long one should wait for the invitation as I sent the Fee on 5th March and waiting!

However many thanks for the info mate, indeed.

KODO
Newly Registered

Post by KODO » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:11 pm

viking wrote:
KODO wrote:
viking wrote:
rlow68 wrote:

Hi Kodo - Great, that cleared the air, wonder how long one should wait for the invitation as I sent the Fee on 5th March and waiting!

no worries mate ..got approval letter on friday 17th febuary 2012..paid 950,gnib,picture the next day at GPO dublin on sartuday 18th febuary 2012 ,got blue/pink invitation letter on monday 12th march for ceremony for 1/04/12 at 11.00am thats like waiting 3 to 4 weeks hope this help goodluck

viking

Post by viking » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:20 pm

wandererz wrote:
viking wrote:
rlow68 wrote:
viking wrote:

Rlow hi,

Thank You mate..

Yes indeed. It is your understanding that is the problem. As myself and others on the other forum, and as the others on this forum have mentioned there is NO confirmation issued.

This may have been the case in the past but it no longer is based on recent approvals.
If your pink form stated the date of 1st April for the ceremony, then all you have to do is turn up there on the 1st at the designated time.

The question is: did your pink letter/s mention the 1st April and a specific time? If not then you had better give them a call on Tuesday to ensure that you don't stuff things up.

This is an important time in your life and you need to speak to INIS directly rather than asking the same questions over and again on internet forums.

There is only one week left & you need to make sure that you should be there and at the correct time.

Trying not to be rude here but just sensible.
Hey Wanderzz - your information is very much appreciated.

But, sensible persons doesn't get rude - mind you, forums are not your sole property offcourse these are forums to share/get everyone experiences and more importantly neither I posted to you nor reply to you!

Every one has their own concerns and no two experiences/cases are the same hece every one will try to find relevant info., depends on the case if you don't want to answer just ignore my post and go away as simple as that, there is no need for you to be a Master here.
Last edited by viking on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

viking

Post by viking » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:27 pm

KODO wrote:
viking wrote:
KODO wrote:
viking wrote:

no worries mate ..got approval letter on friday 17th febuary 2012..paid 950,gnib,picture the next day at GPO dublin on sartuday 18th febuary 2012 ,got blue/pink invitation letter on monday 12th march for ceremony for 1/04/12 at 11.00am thats like waiting 3 to 4 weeks hope this help goodluck
Kodo - Thank you very much for your kind reply mate and info., indeed.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:27 am

viking ......... dont worry about anything you got your approval long time ago but you was away so you didnot send them 950 euro gnib card and photo not on time.there is two way inis dealing with approvals. 1, they will request you send gnib card,2 photo,950 euro. than they will issue you the citizenship ceremony dates(your in 1 option) than 2, option is they will asked you to make sure you send them 950 euro,photos gnib card till xx/xx/xxxx date.make sure you submit these requirement before xx/xx/xxxx date.you have to attend the ceremony at xxxxxx location xxxx time xxxx hatch.i hope you get my point. in the letter bottom part its clearly written there citizenship section is very busy to clearing the backload if you miss this date for ceremony.we cant guarantee you will hold the place in next ceremony because of clearing the backload.i think you should call them(if i was in your place even i dont mind to visit the citizenship section in tipperary) but in the end atleast you got the approval thousands of like me still waiting for it ?

viking

Post by viking » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:40 am

IQU wrote:viking ......... dont worry about anything you got your approval long time ago but you was away so you didnot send them 950 euro gnib card and photo not on time.there is two way inis dealing with approvals. 1, they will request you send gnib card,2 photo,950 euro. than they will issue you the citizenship ceremony dates(your in 1 option) than 2, option is they will asked you to make sure you send them 950 euro,photos gnib card till xx/xx/xxxx date.make sure you submit these requirement before xx/xx/xxxx date.you have to attend the ceremony at xxxxxx location xxxx time xxxx hatch.i hope you get my point. in the letter bottom part its clearly written there citizenship section is very busy to clearing the backload if you miss this date for ceremony.we cant guarantee you will hold the place in next ceremony because of clearing the backload.i think you should call them(if i was in your place even i dont mind to visit the citizenship section in tipperary) but in the end atleast you got the approval thousands of like me still waiting for it ?

IQU hi - Thank you very much for the above info. and gave me a clear idea, as you mentioned, indeed it seems my application falls in option 1, so will give them call next week.

I wish you & other friends who are awaiting in the forum certainly get thier approvals ASAP.

Wishing you all the very best mate...

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:54 am

[quote="viking"][quote="IQU"]viking ......... dont worry about anything you got your approval long time ago but you was away so you didnot send them 950 euro gnib card and photo not on time.there is two way inis dealing with approvals. 1, they will request you send gnib card,2 photo,950 euro. than they will issue you the citizenship ceremony dates(your in 1 option) than 2, option is they will asked you to make sure you send them 950 euro,photos gnib card till xx/xx/xxxx date.make sure you submit these requirement before xx/xx/xxxx date.you have to attend the ceremony at xxxxxx location xxxx time xxxx hatch.i hope you get my point. in the letter bottom part its clearly written there citizenship section is very busy to clearing the backload if you miss this date for ceremony.we cant guarantee you will hold the place in next ceremony because of clearing the backload.i think you should call them(if i was in your place even i dont mind to visit the citizenship section in tipperary) but in the end atleast you got the approval thousands of like me still waiting for it ?[/quote]

[color=blue]
IQU hi - Thank you very much for the above info. and gave me a clear idea, as you mentioned, indeed it seems my application falls in option 1, so will give them call next week.

I wish you & other friends who are awaiting in the forum certainly get thier approvals ASAP.

Wishing you all the very best mate...[/color][/quote] Thanks very much. i wish you good luck for citizenship ceremony

Irisheddy

Household registration tax

Post by Irisheddy » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:43 pm

I have heard an interesting warning.

Apparently if you(Or your spouse) are eligible to pay the household registration tax (i.e. not in rented accommodation) and you do not pay it will be taken into consideration when deciding not to grant citizenship to you.

Apparently it is considered to be unpatriotic and that you not the sort of person they want to grant citizenship to.

Has anybodyelse heard anything?

gnem
BANNED

Re: Household registration tax

Post by gnem » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:03 pm

Irisheddy wrote:I have heard an interesting warning.

Apparently if you(Or your spouse) are eligible to pay the household registration tax (i.e. not in rented accommodation) and you do not pay it will be taken into consideration when deciding not to grant citizenship to you.

Apparently it is considered to be unpatriotic and that you not the sort of person they want to grant citizenship to.

Has anybodyelse heard anything?
Guess what aswell, if any immigrant is intoxicated and arrested by the garda, it will be taken into consideration aswell, because these story occurred in ballybeg not anecdotal evidence in actual fact.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:08 am

is anyone got his/her approval today ?

Goldenpaul
Newly Registered

Post by Goldenpaul » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:47 pm

IQU wrote:is anyone got his/her approval today ?

no today.am still expecting my. applied in 2010 number range 68/7xxx/10 . has anyone within this range granted[/b]

dublintogalway

Post by dublintogalway » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:43 pm

Goldenpaul wrote:
IQU wrote:is anyone got his/her approval today ?
no today.am still expecting my. applied in 2010 number range 68/7xxx/10 . has anyone within this range granted[/b]
Hi Goldrenpaul,

i am also waiting for my spouse and my spouse number is 68/9xxx/10. Does anybody know what range of 2010 current being processed. My spouse does not have LTR. Did you apply for LTR
cheers