ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:25 pm

jonny321 wrote:Minister announced today at ceremony that in coming weeks there will be Four Days Ceremonies Each Day Four Ceremonies (GUESS 16000) people will be taking Oath in next ceremonies
Great, how did you know is somebody you know was in the ceremony?

jonny321

Post by jonny321 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:46 pm

alpha_1 wrote:
jonny321 wrote:Minister announced today at ceremony that in coming weeks there will be Four Days Ceremonies Each Day Four Ceremonies (GUESS 16000) people will be taking Oath in next ceremonies
Yes my friend was there taking oath and Minister said this in his speech... Great news for us all...

Korpy
Newly Registered

Post by Korpy » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:22 pm

jonny321 wrote:
alpha_1 wrote:
Yes my friend was there taking oath and Minister said this in his speech... Great news for us all...
My understanding was that THIS YEAR will be 16 more ceremonies ( 4 days of 4 ceremonies). Today around 4000 received the Irish Citizenship, the biggest number from the foundation of the state. The minister mentioned that still was a backlog of around 8500 applications lodged over a year which will be cleared by the end of the year and after that they will deal with each application in 6 months.
Good luck to everybody and thank you to all for all the information received on this forum.
It's time for a Guinness :D

gnem
BANNED

Post by gnem » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:44 pm

That'll be a very good news and landmark deveolopment for Irish state, we cant wait to see that, Mr Alan shatter and the finegael and Labour parliamentary party. More grace to the elbow then, atleast a lot of people can get a life and a sense of belonging. :D

sysopr
Newly Registered

Four more ceremonies

Post by sysopr » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:59 pm

Korpy wrote:
jonny321 wrote:
alpha_1 wrote:
Last edited by sysopr on Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jonny321

Re: Four more ceremonies

Post by jonny321 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:56 pm

I would guess that in tamdem with the quotations made by Citizenship where the next Ceremony will be in June and Minister Shatter statement today, in conjunction with the cheapest day to rent the convention centre being a sunday, I would guess the next four dates will be held on

June 3
August 5
October 7
December 2

Just a guess![/quote]

Minister said that

(FOUR DAYS CONTINUOS WITH OUT BREAK AND EACH DAY WILL HAVE FOUR CEREMONY)

With in few weeks dates will be announced and i am sure from tomorrow they will be issuing 1000s of letters total backlog including 2011 applications are 16000 atm and i am sure they be will clearing all of them in these Four Ceremonies

seraph

NEWSPAPER AND TV NEWS

Post by seraph » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:29 am

WHY THERE IS NO NEWS ON NEWSPAPERS AND TV ABOUT THE OATH CEREMONY OF 1ST APRIL.

salem66
Newly Registered

Re: NEWSPAPER AND TV NEWS

Post by salem66 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:00 am

seraph wrote:WHY THERE IS NO NEWS ON NEWSPAPERS AND TV ABOUT THE OATH CEREMONY OF 1ST APRIL.
Ireland's new citizens: 4,000 people receive certificates

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ire ... 31159.html

jambalap

Re: NEWSPAPER AND TV NEWS

Post by jambalap » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:37 am

salem66 wrote:
seraph wrote:WHY THERE IS NO NEWS ON NEWSPAPERS AND TV ABOUT THE OATH CEREMONY OF 1ST APRIL.
Ireland's new citizens: 4,000 people receive certificates

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ire ... 31159.html
Is there a link to the alan shatter speech?

sysopr
Newly Registered

Post by sysopr » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:54 am

jonny321 wrote:
Minister said that

With in few weeks dates will be announced and i am sure from tomorrow they will be issuing 1000s of letters total backlog including 2011 applications are 16000 atm and i am sure they be will clearing all of them in these Four Ceremonies
It would seem unlikely, but not impossible. The last time I spoke with INIS they said that they had just received a HUGE amount of Garda Vetting Reports. It took them about a week to sort. So it could well be. However, they did state that the next ceremony would be in june, so that contradicts this theory. Perhaps it will be June when they try to have the 4 consecutive dates.

jonny321

Post by jonny321 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:42 am

sysopr wrote:
jonny321 wrote:
Minister said that

It would seem unlikely, but not impossible. The last time I spoke with INIS they said that they had just received a HUGE amount of Garda Vetting Reports. It took them about a week to sort. So it could well be. However, they did state that the next ceremony would be in june, so that contradicts this theory. Perhaps it will be June when they try to have the 4 consecutive dates.
Fingers crossed toes crossed hopefully INIS will the clearing all application received till the end of 2011.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:18 pm

i cant find any speech from the minister.i hope they will clear all the backload before june 2012.good luck

corksev
Newly Registered

Post by corksev » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:39 pm

Irishsoon
Newly Registered

Post by Irishsoon » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:45 pm

corksev wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDf0CO0uFRg

full speech is here.
I hope that some participants would keep those kids a little bit more quite or at least arrange a babysitter for just few hours. It's a solemn event and sometimes kids shouting became too much. Minister mentioned it as well.

The other suggestion is that it would have been much better if more people could have say the Irish National Anthem. I know it's in Gaelic, but worth memorising it as an Irish Citizen.

Below is the link to the lyrics for whom might be interested for the upcoming ceremonies.

Good ceremony and well done Minister Shatter. He & Fine Gael are clearly showing what speeding up the process means and how the other departments should learn a lesson how to clear a backlog and keep their promises!

Well done again Minister Shatter and Good luck for those who are still waiting.

Just under 8,500 waiting more than 6 months in the system. This progress is truly remarkable.

Irish National Anthem with Lyrics and pronunciations in Green bits:
http://irishnationalanthem.net/lyrics.html

Irish National Anthem:
http://www.nationalanthems.me/ireland-a ... a-bhfiann/

Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amhr%C3%A1n_na_bhFiann

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:33 pm

thanks very much for yours youtube links.i could hear anywhere where minister mention about next 4 days ceremony :roll: :roll: .but it is really good news it only 8500 applicants over 6 months are left.good luck everybody

jonny321

Post by jonny321 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:38 pm

IQU wrote:thanks very much for yours youtube links.i could hear anywhere where minister mention about next 4 days ceremony :roll: :roll: .but it is really good news it only 8500 applicants over 6 months are left.good luck everybody
Minister made three speeches on the day, i am 100% sure he mention about four ceremonies as my friend was there for Oath and he told me that.

corksev
Newly Registered

Post by corksev » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:46 am

Guys I applied in 2010 and in my letter I got reply that I should wait for 23 months. If the system was not changed I would get my answer in September 2012. And we are almost coming to September.

I hear even people applied 6 months ago got their citizenship aldready. And I know at least 4 of them. This is totally unceptable and unfair situation.

People applied 1.5 years after us got their citizenship and we are still waiting. Ok I admit that Minister did a good job but me and most of the others could not see the benefit of it. What is the point than.

They should have been fair and cleared the backlog from the oldest to the newest but they did not do that.

gnem
BANNED

Post by gnem » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:58 am

Irishsoon wrote:
corksev wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDf0CO0uFRg

full speech is here.
I hope that some participants would keep those kids a little bit more quite or at least arrange a babysitter for just few hours. It's a solemn event and sometimes kids shouting became too much. Minister mentioned it as well.

The other suggestion is that it would have been much better if more people could have say the Irish National Anthem. I know it's in Gaelic, but worth memorising it as an Irish Citizen.

Below is the link to the lyrics for whom might be interested for the upcoming ceremonies.

Good ceremony and well done Minister Shatter. He & Fine Gael are clearly showing what speeding up the process means and how the other departments should learn a lesson how to clear a backlog and keep their promises!

Well done again Minister Shatter and Good luck for those who are still waiting.

Just under 8,500 waiting more than 6 months in the system. This progress is truly remarkable.

Irish National Anthem with Lyrics and pronunciations in Green bits:
http://irishnationalanthem.net/lyrics.html

Irish National Anthem:
http://www.nationalanthems.me/ireland-a ... a-bhfiann/

Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amhr%C3%A1n_na_bhFiann
None of us can get there without any help to excel with this new opportunity in Ireland.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:29 am

is anybody got his/her approval today

waitingcitizen

Post by waitingcitizen » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:52 am

IQU wrote:is anybody got his/her approval today
Hi IQU, did you ring citizenship division today. Its tuesday, equiries are dealt today.

batakooji

Post by batakooji » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:30 pm

Hi,

Anybody called today and was told waiting on external report? and if anybody knows how long it takes to complete this step

Thanks

Gomez
Newly Registered

Post by Gomez » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:05 pm

Hi batakooji,

I did managed to get through to woman, she said they received large amount of gardai report back yesterday and that they are currently working on sorting them out before passing them to minister for decisioning.. So fingers crossed. My application was made in July 2010..
Best of luck..
Gomez

Gomez
Newly Registered

Post by Gomez » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:07 pm

to answer your question, not sure though how long it would take to get the report. I was told mine was sent off to and may be among the returned one. so fingers crossed.. I know it taking a long time but dont worry too much..

batakooji

Post by batakooji » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:09 pm

Thanks Gomez

corksev
Newly Registered

Post by corksev » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:28 pm

I was also told today they are waiting for my garda report. I was told the same 2 months ago and last month also. They also told my report would be in those they reeived yesterday. But last month they told exactly the same. It is weird if people from June 2010 are still waiting.

There is no such thing aplication processing time. Some people from 2011 already have their result. I guess you must be lucky. It is just annoying situation. My friend applied in May 11 and his number was 5000 something. So there would be above 10000 application only in 2011. And half of the 2010 still waiting so how come people waiting over 6 month is 8500. It doesnt add up. IF the figures are correct it means lots of people got result applied in 2011. IT is totally rediculous.