ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

snipered

Post by snipered » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:49 pm

imur69er wrote:thank u sniper
Yes, they phoned my house but i was at work and they said they would phone back but they didnt.

I emailed them two days latter on UKHUB.PakistanSettlementEnquiriesandComplaints@fco.gov.uk

They replied back saying thank you for the email, if they needed any more information from me, they would contact me.

In the email provide alternative telephone numbers and email addresses aswell as the normal ones.
Applied in Islamabad - 13 May 2010
Status changed to forward to BHC - 13 May 2010
Status changed to under process - 26 May 2010
Employer contacted - 26 July 2010
Passport Recieved with Visa - 8 Sept 2010

imur69er

Post by imur69er » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:52 pm

thank you tweety and snipered ...
shall i email them from my personal or work email?
coz i am bit worried there fore i just wanted to email them now which is from home ...
or shall i ask the admin dept of my company to send them the letter stating the telephone lines issues?

snipered

Post by snipered » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:15 pm

imur69er wrote:thank you tweety and snipered ...
shall i email them from my personal or work email?
coz i am bit worried there fore i just wanted to email them now which is from home ...
or shall i ask the admin dept of my company to send them the letter stating the telephone lines issues?
Just do both. No harm in it. Let HR email them from a work email address. Just contact them now via email and say, that i believe you phoned HR but they were busy. Could you contact them again please on xxxx or xxxx.

Or something to that effect. Then email them from HR

imur69er

Post by imur69er » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:04 pm

well i have asked my boss to emailed them and he has done it via Raspberry but using his personal email
lets see what happens tommorrow.
please bros and sis pray for us.
thanks a lot.

snipered

Post by snipered » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:10 am

imur69er wrote:well i have asked my boss to emailed them and he has done it via Raspberry but using his personal email
lets see what happens tommorrow.
please bros and sis pray for us.
thanks a lot.
My friend, dont let your boss email via his personal email address.

Tell him/her to email via work email address.

wa51mmm
Newly Registered

liste

Post by wa51mmm » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:17 am

mkak wrote:
batleykhan wrote:
mkak wrote:assalam-o-alaikum.

my husband is optometrist and he is self employed. i forgot to submit his accountant details... his bank statements show balance above 10 thousand pounds in last three months and he also has a house on mortgage..

can somebody tell me that not including accountant info weakens my case? or his bank balance proves that hez financially stable and can support his wife?
i submitted my application of june 7 in isb...
and im soo upset coz of my stupid mistake :(((:(((
Salam

Unfortunately whilst you may have a healthy bank balance, you have to show where that money has come from. If for example he is employed and his salary is going into the bank, that is good proof of where his money has come from.

If you dont provide evidence of his earnings ( in your case his business accounts if he is self employed) there is a very good chance that his application will be refused because the ECO will not be satisfied taht he has sufficients funds to support you and will probally refuse it.

So if you have not sent proof his earnings, I think you are going to have problems....................... Sorry :cry:
any way to send this info now??

there is a fair chance of getting the visa right after refusal,
just appeal from within ISB office again as prepare your accounts now to avoid delays,

you must send your new evidence with appeal forms.

as soon as you send the appeal from ISB VAC they will review your case again and issue the entry clearance on the spot....

be happy

chezza100

Post by chezza100 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:40 am

Hi All

I received a reponse from my MPs secretary that the UKBA has 20 days to answer any MPs queries and that the 20th day is today.

She will be chasing them again for a response today but it shows that they don't even answer MPs sometimes.

We are at 16 weeks now and still waiting for the call letter.

Also Happy Ramadan to all.

mkak

Re: liste

Post by mkak » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:53 am

wa51mmm wrote:
just appeal from within ISB office again as prepare your accounts now to avoid delays,

as soon as you send the appeal from ISB VAC they will review your case again and issue the entry clearance on the spot....

be happy
thank you for ur response...i read on ukba website about maintenance...
it shows tht ECO needs to be satisfied..thats all...
my husband's parents have written a letter mentioning that we will be living with them...my husband has his own house aswell...
so if there is no fixed rule of sending accountants detail then i hope i will get it
please pray for me...pleaaaseeeee 10th week is gona start next monday

NAZ786

Post by NAZ786 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:59 am

I know that today the Gerry's are opened and will be closed on the
"13th August Friday Independence Day"
http://www.ukvacpk.com/contactus.aspx
La ila ha illa anta subhanaka inni kuntu minazzalimeen! Recite this Inshallah it will help everyone...

batleykhan

Re: liste

Post by batleykhan » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:47 am

wa51mmm wrote:
mkak wrote:
batleykhan wrote:
mkak wrote:assalam-o-alaikum.

my husband is optometrist and he is self employed. i forgot to submit his accountant details... his bank statements show balance above 10 thousand pounds in last three months and he also has a house on mortgage..

can somebody tell me that not including accountant info weakens my case? or his bank balance proves that hez financially stable and can support his wife?
i submitted my application of june 7 in isb...
and im soo upset coz of my stupid mistake :(((:(((
Salam

Unfortunately whilst you may have a healthy bank balance, you have to show where that money has come from. If for example he is employed and his salary is going into the bank, that is good proof of where his money has come from.

If you dont provide evidence of his earnings ( in your case his business accounts if he is self employed) there is a very good chance that his application will be refused because the ECO will not be satisfied taht he has sufficients funds to support you and will probally refuse it.

So if you have not sent proof his earnings, I think you are going to have problems....................... Sorry :cry:
any way to send this info now??

be happy
Wa55mmm

Please do not make it sound as easy as you claim. This is far from the truth. Your incorrect advice /opinion does not help the sittuation here. :x :evil:

mkak

Post by mkak » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:50 am

:(
its not rejected yet..
plz betlaykhan dont sound so negative,,,therez still hope..yeah??
please pray for me...

mkak

Post by mkak » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:04 pm

MAA4 Maintenance: General requirements:

There is no explicit minimum figure for what represents sufficient maintenance. If dependants of the main applicant are going to accompany him / her to the United Kingdom, resources must be available for the whole family unit to be maintained.

The ECO should bear in mind the position taken by the UK Asylum and Immigration Tribunal (UKAIT):

In 2006, the UKAIT in UKAIT 00065 KA and Others (Pakistan), strongly suggested that it would not be appropriate to have immigrant families existing on resources that were less than the Income Support level for a British family of that size.
More information is available on the British & Irish Legal Information Institute website (BAILII)

If it is more likely than not that the total amount that the applicant and sponsor will have to live on will be below what the income support level would be for a British family of that size, then it may be appropriate to refuse the application on maintenance and accommodation grounds.

Maintenance may be provided by either:

* The applicant with their own funds or with funds available to them; or
* The sponsor; or
* A combination of applicant and sponsor funds.

mkak

Post by mkak » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:11 pm

income and expenditure accounts for self employed sponsor are not good enough??
he has submitted income n expenditure accounts for last two years...

Henah

Post by Henah » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:13 pm

Hi..

Can someone tell me the correct fees for spouse visa application please?? In £ please

Yousafa

Post by Yousafa » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:23 pm

Henah wrote:Hi..

Can someone tell me the correct fees for spouse visa application please?? In £ please
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... settlement

qasimb123
Newly Registered

Post by qasimb123 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:49 pm

Just found out my employer got a call yesterday, really has cheered me up because now i know they are doing something with our application, 12 weeks will be up this tuesday.

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:53 pm

navalaviator wrote:Congratz c4 2007 and tellmenow,wish you good luck :)
Qasim ,kaidee any news :roll:
Firstly, Ramadan mabrook to everybody and double mabrook to those who have had visa successes.

I'm doing ok alhamdulillah. Nothing back yet although I've had my MP involved and submitted a few email queries myself.

Recent reply to query:
Dear Sir/Madam,

A decision has been made on your application but it has not yet been returned to Gerrys by the British High Commission in Islamabad. I have contacted my colleagues in Islamabad who will look in to why and will try to ensure that the application is returned to Gerrys as soon as possible. Once Gerrys have the passport they will contact you to collect it.Please accept our apologies for this delay and if you have not been contacted in 2 weeks please contact us again at this address.

Regards

The mention of the passport triggered my spidey sense, it could very well be a harmless usage of the word but it seemed positive. I thought no harm in asking, going to be either upset or happy so I emailed them asking for the decision (which I have asked them for before but just got a non engaging reply).

Last reply received a short while ago:

Sir

As you are the sponsor and your email address matches that provided with the application form we can inform you that the visa has been issued

Thank you

Alhamdulillah, there is a sense of relief although no paperwork received yet so no 100% certainty but I suppose a reply from UKBA is good enough, Allah knows best. Just praying that the paperwork is received back before the baby's due date in September and whilst it is still safe to fly.
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

confused.com!

Post by confused.com! » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:13 pm

I got this a few days ago

Thank you for your email. All settlement applications are lodged in Pakistan and processed in the UK. I have checked on the status of your husband's application and can confirm that your application has been processed.

The VAC will be contacting you shortly when your paperwork is ready for collection. Please do not contact them direct as this may cause a delay to all applications.

Regards

UK Visa Section
Correspondence Team

Dont know what to make of it and whether to keep my hopes up or not

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:29 pm

That's a standard reply. I had about 2/3 of them too.
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

SF786

Post by SF786 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:46 pm

Kaidee which email address did you send the email to?
"If Allah brings you to it, He will bring you through it"

mkak

Post by mkak » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:59 pm

Kaidee I have pm you

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:45 am

mkak wrote::(
its not rejected yet..
please pray for me...
I am not being negative, just being truthful and honest.

mkak

Post by mkak » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:53 am

batleykhan wrote:
mkak wrote::(
its not rejected yet..
please pray for me...
I am not being negative, just being truthful and honest.
yeah i know..thanks alottttttt for your help..:)
i have pm you the docs i submitted....please please kindly tell me if its still a weak case...i know nothing can be done...
but it might give some rest to my nerves :(

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:26 am

SF786 wrote:Kaidee which email address did you send the email to?
One of the usual ones: UKHUB.PakistanSettlementEnquiriesandComplaints@fco.gov.uk

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:43 am

Find your MP:

http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/
http://www.theyworkforyou.com/

Then email, write or phone.

My email to my MP:

Hi insert MP name, hope all is well.

insert date I applied for a settlement visa for my wife who is currently in Pakistan. A decision was made on the application insert date but there has been no return of the paperwork and passport as of yet. I'm a add township e.g. Londoner from birth and am British.

Under normal circumstances a slight delay would be tolerable, albeit bitter. However me and my wife are expecting our first baby towards the end of August (which I clearly mentioned in our application) and I have very recently been told to expect a delay of another month or more which takes me past the 12 week period that is set as the maximum process time. I am in my 12th week of waiting already.

This has created a lot of uncertainty for me and my wife and I woud really appreciate if you could chase the matter for me. It would help for me to plan a trip to Pakistan in order to accompany my wife on her way to the UK or to be with her for the birth of our first child. We are a newly married couple (married in insert date/month/year) and the combination of the baby's birth so close and delays of what is already a lengthy process has left me rather anxious, even more so when I remember the flying restrictions for pregnant women.

The details of the application are:

Applicant:
DOB:
Settlement Visa ref: QML/********** and GRY-PK-********

Sponsor:
DOB:
Address:
Mobile:

Email for queries: UKHUB.PakistanSettlementEnquiriesandComplaints@fco.gov.uk

Could you ask UKBA for the decision they made, whether they approved or rejected the application. I know of people around the UK who having had their MP involved were informed of the decision by email (email to MP from UKBA which was then forwarded on to enquirer).

And lastly, if you could keep me informed via email of any replies you may receive (UKBA reply via email) that would be most appreciated.
Any help would be really appreciated.

Kind regards

Hope that is helpful.