ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

naba

Post by naba » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:17 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:@nile how you doing? have you gone for PAP or JR ? I only send reconsideration letter, nothing else. Just waiting to send my child british citizenship application in a couple of days time. did home office put removal notice and waiting for appeal rights, its already more than 1 and half months for refusal, need to go for JR within 3 months after the refusal date isn't it? I don't know what to do next? even no funds go for JR.
@Shondra Sharma, hi dear I am thinking the same before going through the process. I have been refused with no appeal right and my solicitor is planning for the tribunal application for the appeal right. I have heard it takes very long time and by that time if the 3 months gone then I will miss applying for PAP/JR.

Now I am confused! should I go for the application for the appeal or should I go for the PAP/JR directly. Can you give me suggestions from your own experience please? God bless you dear.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:24 pm

@naba behonest I don't know about this process, I only send reconsideration letter, better is PAP if you can afford solicitor, if you send a PAP and HO didn't reply within the 14 days, then you can go for JR, yes that's true you need to go for JR Within 3 months of refusal time. What is your solicitor saying? JR expensive, need to have a good fund.

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:30 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:Thanks@nile what is my next step? If I got my child british citizenship within a month, will me and my wife apply flr (o) again or go for PAP and tell the home office look my child is british, grant a stay for us or JR
I wanted to suggest, if you and your wife have no stay, and you have a child who does , you qualify for zambrano, its for people like you, cos for you to qualify , both parents of the child can't have stay before applying.... Just a suggestion though...lol

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:41 pm

[quote="Shondra Sharma"]Thanks@nile what is my next step? If I got my child british citizenship within a month, will me and my wife apply flr (o) again or go for PAP and tell the home office look my child is british, grant a stay for us or JR[/quote]

@Shondra, I'm not too sure a the moment but I would think the logical thing would be to put in a new application but I guess you could always try to kill two birds with one stone by simultaneously doing a JR including the new evidence and a new application. Not knowing how long the child's application will take is a disadvantage as you have a time limit to do your JR. I would suggest you carry on with the JR. Knowing how nasty the HO are, you're child's application might get delayed and you miss your deadline for JR. I think you also need to bear in mind that its not an automatic right for your child to be granted as in here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... /borninuk/
So you need to be careful!

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:45 pm

thanks again@nile I know child born and lived in uk for 10 years regardless of immigration stautus of their parents, my child never been back home, so I don't need to worry about absence from uk in 10 years time, finger cross everything will be alright.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:55 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:thanks again@nile I know child born and lived in uk for 10 years regardless of immigration stautus of their parents, my child never been back home, so I don't need to worry about absence from uk in 10 years time, finger cross everything will be alright.
Nilemarques is absolutely right that it is not an automatic grant if your child becomes 10. Before yourself or your wife applies you need to decide "who" should apply first because both of you cannot apply together under the 10 years. The "sole carer" has to be just one person else you will get automically refused again. Once granted with your child then you can pull inyour patner or yourself.

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:40 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
Keisha wrote:Hello...Hello...Beautiful people...*waves*

Hope your having a good weekend and soaking up that last sunshine rays.Yesterday,when I got home,half of the family received letters of invitation to be inducted as British citizen.I thank God for that and the irony my sister and I are waiting to hear from the HO after both being refused(she got the appeal and got no appeal but currently applying for a JR).The devil is a liar and I rebuke him in Jesus name!However,want to know if will it help my JR weigh more if news about family being British Citizen??

@God's Authority and Lily...I'm sorry about the refusal but don't despair for God is with us.The devil might try to be a hindarance but still need to soldier on for God is fighting this battle for us!I'm not sure if its a coincidence or its my mind BUT so far the applications made in August 2012 seems to be on the refusal tip!That's what I realised so far coz also had my application submitted in August 2012.Those who refused us and thought they were gonna get away with it,May God deal with them and grant us visas in Jesus name!!!

To those who have been granted visas,COngratulations and enjoy the freedom.At least won't have to deal with the evil elements coming from HO!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Congratulations to your family keisha! I believe on behalf of yourself and your sister, its a bonus but how huge of a bonus depends on the circumstances and most importantly the strength of your case to be honest. Believe2013 has almost a similar case of his parents being naturalised but he was refused ane waiting on an appeal hearing date.

I sincerely believe we all will be granted come what may.. I guess its just ale001, Rina and myself that are still waiting on a decision based on the grounds of your application. The lord will pave way for us all. I will leave you in the comfort of what I find cimfort in with regards to those case workers. "Deu 31:6 - Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." #Amen.
@ Dapsonlee I believe with all my heart too!!!!!! :D This week coming is exciting Oh Lord hear our cryssssssssssssssssssssssssss..

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:31 pm

Thanks@dipasonle now I only apply my child british citizenship, you saying after getting my child british citizenship either myself or partner apply not together.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:39 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:Thanks@dipasonle now I only apply my child british citizenship, you saying after getting my child british citizenship either myself or partner apply not together.
Its is not adviceable to do so. Hatchsead pointed this out a few thread pages back. I will try to find the page for you.. But it particularly pointed out that you "have to be the sole carer" and not carers so that means 1 person at a time. So just you and your child OR your pantner and your child then a seprate application for the outstanding applicant.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:55 pm

rina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
Keisha wrote:Hello...Hello...Beautiful people...*waves*

Hope your having a good weekend and soaking up that last sunshine rays.Yesterday,when I got home,half of the family received letters of invitation to be inducted as British citizen.I thank God for that and the irony my sister and I are waiting to hear from the HO after both being refused(she got the appeal and got no appeal but currently applying for a JR).The devil is a liar and I rebuke him in Jesus name!However,want to know if will it help my JR weigh more if news about family being British Citizen??

@God's Authority and Lily...I'm sorry about the refusal but don't despair for God is with us.The devil might try to be a hindarance but still need to soldier on for God is fighting this battle for us!I'm not sure if its a coincidence or its my mind BUT so far the applications made in August 2012 seems to be on the refusal tip!That's what I realised so far coz also had my application submitted in August 2012.Those who refused us and thought they were gonna get away with it,May God deal with them and grant us visas in Jesus name!!!

To those who have been granted visas,COngratulations and enjoy the freedom.At least won't have to deal with the evil elements coming from HO!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Congratulations to your family keisha! I believe on behalf of yourself and your sister, its a bonus but how huge of a bonus depends on the circumstances and most importantly the strength of your case to be honest. Believe2013 has almost a similar case of his parents being naturalised but he was refused ane waiting on an appeal hearing date.

I sincerely believe we all will be granted come what may.. I guess its just ale001, Rina and myself that are still waiting on a decision based on the grounds of your application. The lord will pave way for us all. I will leave you in the comfort of what I find cimfort in with regards to those case workers. "Deu 31:6 - Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." #Amen.
@ Dapsonlee I believe with all my heart too!!!!!! :D This week coming is exciting Oh Lord hear our cryssssssssssssssssssssssssss..

Lol Hi Rina,

I just ironed out my batman costume with heart in hope to soar to the sky in concorde speed from tomorrow. (All braved up). I pray this week will be an extra-ordinary one. A joyful one to compensate us for the delays that has been compulsory laid upon us. The good lord will heal the broken hearts of those who were refused, paving way for them and their families, may he open the windows of heaven to pour out his blessing this week and henceforth. And to those appealing, may they receive the news they have been waiting for and lastly to those of us still waiting, may the joys of our hearts be bestowed upon us to be granted. Let's us brace up guys time to finally congratulate a lot of people from tomorrow with fauth that there will be no bad news in Jesus Name. #Amen

HiPriest
Newly Registered

May be of some help

Post by HiPriest » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:19 pm

I am not sure how this case is useful to many of you but I thought I should still post it just In case someone may need it:

http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKUT/IAC ... istan.html

Good luck to you all

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:57 am

Rammie20 wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:
Rammie20 wrote:Thanks to everyone on this forum. I have granted DLR 30months just 3weeks after putting in a new application. No solicitor just the help from this forum. I must mention that I am highly indebted to hatchsead and every who answered my questions. A little background to my case. I made a zambrano application in Dec 2011 which was denied in this year through a solicitor, I have an appeal pending due March 2014. I therefore put in a new EX1 application just on 18th sept.
I wish all those waiting the very best. An yet to withdraw my zambrano appeal. God bless you all
Congratulations
Kukuwife... God bless you for welcoming me to this forum. You were first to welcome me and answered my every question even when someone else had answered me already. May God increase you in every department of your life.

A very big congratulations to you Rammie20!! enjoy the freedom

God'sAuthority & Naba, stay strong, in due season you shall get your stay. Donte be too disheartened. I was refused once in 2007, granted after appeal, then in 2009, granted again after appeal. so it will work out. keep you joy, refuse to give it to the Home office coz they can trample on it. You will be fine.

Keep yourself occupied whilst you appeal and go through the motions, even take up a new hooby like photography or zumba to just get your mind off the issue and focus on positive. xx
FLR O Extension applied: 21 Sep 2013
Acknowledgment Letter dated: 24 Sep 2013
Biometrics: 1 Oct 2013 letter, done: 4 Oct 2013
Decision: 12 October granted DLR until Oct 2016
Documents: Received 17 October 2013
BRP: 23 October

MRLAOLU
Nigeria

Post by MRLAOLU » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:12 am

naba wrote:
Shondra Sharma wrote:@nile how you doing? have you gone for PAP or JR ? I only send reconsideration letter, nothing else. Just waiting to send my child british citizenship application in a couple of days time. did home office put removal notice and waiting for appeal rights, its already more than 1 and half months for refusal, need to go for JR within 3 months after the refusal date isn't it? I don't know what to do next? even no funds go for JR.
@Shondra Sharma, hi dear I am thinking the same before going through the process. I have been refused with no appeal right and my solicitor is planning for the tribunal application for the appeal right. I have heard it takes very long time and by that time if the 3 months gone then I will miss applying for PAP/JR.

Now I am confused! should I go for the application for the appeal or should I go for the PAP/JR directly. Can you give me suggestions from your own experience please? God bless you dear.
Hi Naba

My case is very simillar to yours. I made an in-time application (flr o application submitted before expiring) but was refused without appeal.

I completed the appeal form within 10 working days of refusal and asked the judge to grant me an appeal. I also put in PAP.

The judge granted me an appeal and I therefore abandoned PAP/JR.

My advice is that you should do both. My appeal would be heard in February 2014. Ensure your appeal is submitted within 10 working days.

Best of luck

shareen24h

Action against Immigrant.

Post by shareen24h » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:53 am

Immigration: Britons Want 'Drastic Action'

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/immigration-br ... ml#9vFsovA

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:14 am

MRLAOLU wrote:
naba wrote:

Hi Naba

My case is very simillar to yours. I made an in-time application (flr o application submitted before expiring) but was refused without appeal.

I completed the appeal form within 10 working days of refusal and asked the judge to grant me an appeal. I also put in PAP.

My advice is that you should do both. My appeal would be heard in February 2014. Ensure your appeal is submitted within 10 working days.

Best of luck
Morning All,

Congrats Rammie20 - Commiserations to God's Authority Naba and Hadassah - be strong guys.

@God's Authority in your case I would urge you to submit a fresh application (if finances permit) and also file your appeal before the 10 days elapse( technically it's 21 days) All the best - they seriously made a mistake..

Congrats to dapsonlee on achieving the senior member status, it's the little things that make us happy whilst we embark on this journey, please keep up the good work and advice you provide on this forum.

@mr laolu, how could you fill out an appeal form when you were refused without a right of appeal? I thought to get an appeal you need to apply to the administrative court for JR after having sent your PAP first. perhaps if you could kindly clarify this may help a lot of people without a right of appeal and no funds for JR too. Thanks

MRLAOLU
Nigeria

Post by MRLAOLU » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:30 am

Believe2013 wrote:
MRLAOLU wrote:
naba wrote:

Hi Naba

Best of luck
Morning All,

Congrats Rammie20 - Commiserations to God's Authority Naba and Hadassah - be strong guys.

@God's Authority in your case I would urge you to submit a fresh application (if finances permit) and also file your appeal before the 10 days elapse( technically it's 21 days) All the best - they seriously made a mistake..

Congrats to dapsonlee on achieving the senior member status, it's the little things that make us happy whilst we embark on this journey, please keep up the good work and advice you provide on this forum.

@mr laolu, how could you fill out an appeal form when you were refused without a right of appeal? I thought to get an appeal you need to apply to the administrative court for JR after having sent your PAP first. perhaps if you could kindly clarify this may help a lot of people without a right of appeal and no funds for JR too. Thanks
Hi Believe 2013

In my case and I suspect in Naba's case as well the HO failed to correctly apply section 82(2)(d) of of immigration act 2002. http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2002/41/section/82

This means that if you submitted an in-time application and your application is refused you are entitled to appeal. The immigration judge could retrospectively grant you an appeal right as the HO decision was wrong.

However, if you applied when you no longer have a valid LTR, overstayer, illegal entrant etc or you still have LTR when application is refused then you are not entitled to appeal unless they have issued you with a removal notice and on those instances the only way would be JR.

So if anyone falls into the category I have listed then they can appeal regardless of the HO refusal to grant appeal.

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:33 am

Morning all,

This week is blessed in Gods name I say so pray harder like you have never prayed to thank him for what he is about to do for all of us in our lives whatever way.

God please fulfill your promises as we all believe in you with all our hearts. Hear our cries, pains and bless us with what our hearts have been longing for and abolish that is getting in the way of our happiness all this through your one and only son Jesus Christ we pray.

AMENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D

God's Authority

Thank you Believe

Post by God's Authority » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:35 am

Believe2013 wrote:
MRLAOLU wrote:
naba wrote:

Hi Naba

Best of luck
Morning All,

Thanks so much Believe, I thought of re-applying as well.

But since they were clamouring on article 3 even though I did make it clear enough I was applying on compassionate grounds I am not too sure on which grounds to re-apply now. Should it be same as previous grounds on which I applied?

Do you consider it would be best to use a lawyer if I re-apply,already I know I if I dont want to mess myself up again then I will need to seek legal advice and even legal representation for my appeal. Some one I spoke to said I should try to go the article 8 route but with legal advice as they will know how to present my case.

What do you think generally?

Thank you so much for your kind response, I really appreciate it.

God's Authority

Lest I forget

Post by God's Authority » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:41 am

Thanks sweetypie, God bless you abundantly.

I forgot to ask, will it be ok to continue working whilst my appeal is in process? and also which is better, submit the appeal online then post the documents and I was thinking of asking to expedite my appeal date as I read that I could request this via this link

http://www.justice.gov.uk/tribunals/imm ... um/appeals

I am just to work toward avoiding being close to delivery and attending a hearing, am due early next year hence my concerns as I know the waiting times are quite long now.

Thanks alot.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Re: Thank you Believe

Post by Believe2013 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:51 pm

God's Authority wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:
MRLAOLU wrote:
naba wrote:

Hi Naba

Best of luck
Morning All,

But since they were clamouring on article 3 even though I did make it clear enough I was applying on compassionate grounds I am not too sure on which grounds to re-apply now. Should it be same as previous grounds on which I applied?

Do you consider it would be best to use a lawyer if I re-apply,already I know I if I dont want to mess myself up again then I will need to seek legal advice and even legal representation for my appeal. Some one I spoke to said I should try to go the article 8 route but with legal advice as they will know how to present my case.

Hi no problem at all - I think there is no harm in using a pro bono lawyer that way you leave no stone unturned and less stress for you too as you are with child. Definitely Article 8 route is the most appropriate one but if you are consulting with a lawyer they should advice you adequately. Good luck - you and your family deserve justice.

@mrlaolu Ha! I see, thanks for the clarification. good thinking!

God's Authority

Re: Thank you Believe

Post by God's Authority » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:39 pm

Believe2013 wrote:
God's Authority wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:
MRLAOLU wrote:
Hi Naba

Best of luck
Morning All,

Hi no problem at all - I think there is no harm in using a pro bono lawyer that way you leave no stone unturned and less stress for you too as you are with child. Definitely Article 8 route is the most appropriate one but if you are consulting with a lawyer they should advice you adequately. Good luck - you and your family deserve justice.

@mrlaolu Ha! I see, thanks for the clarification. good thinking!

You are blessed beyond measure. I am more than grateful for your kind response. I will search for a goodlawyer and I hope everything will turn out well for us all. God bless you so much. Thank you.

teebaby

Post by teebaby » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:35 pm

Gud day to every1 n congrats to all those dat got their freedom....and to all dat r still waiting, gud news awaits us. Dis week is our week of great testimonies n may d gud Lord surprise evry1.

Amazing G
Newly Registered

Post by Amazing G » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:57 pm

Hello All, My friend's FLRO was refused in july and he put in for jr. He was told at the reporting centre today that his jr has been accepted and its awaiting case worker. i thought jr is been dealt with at the court. Please gurus what does this jr and awaiting case worker mean? Many thanks.

11akb

Post by 11akb » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:56 pm

:cry: :cry: bad bad news guys and girls i got refuse dlr application my solicitor call today and inform me but they gave me right of appeal its been a very long long journey and still carry on and on came in 2000 as student visa
legal till 2010 wife applied for asylum in 2002 but i did not applied for indefinite on 10 years due to her case silly me 3kids 2 above 7 ........so now solicitor moving out need to find any good solicitor one for right of appeal in eastlondon any recomendation guys and girl

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:45 pm

sorry for your refusal @11kb, guys I phone one solicitor today, he is telling me, even in your refusal letter you don't have a right of appeal you can go for appeal process within 10 days, your appeal will allow to first tier tribunal, is it right? but I missed anyway for those who have a recent refusal if it works then its worth. I don't know I am asking in the forum?