ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:13 pm

11akb wrote::cry: :cry: bad bad news guys and girls i got refuse dlr application my solicitor call today and inform me but they gave me right of appeal its been a very long long journey and still carry on and on came in 2000 as student visa
legal till 2010 wife applied for asylum in 2002 but i did not applied for indefinite on 10 years due to her case silly me 3kids 2 above 7 ........so now solicitor moving out need to find any good solicitor one for right of appeal in eastlondon any recomendation guys and girl

Sorry for the refusal. I pray God provides the money for this whole process. You will be okay
FLR O Extension applied: 21 Sep 2013
Acknowledgment Letter dated: 24 Sep 2013
Biometrics: 1 Oct 2013 letter, done: 4 Oct 2013
Decision: 12 October granted DLR until Oct 2016
Documents: Received 17 October 2013
BRP: 23 October

naba

Post by naba » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:32 pm

MRLAOLU wrote:
naba wrote:
Shondra Sharma wrote:@nile how you doing? have you gone for PAP or JR ? I only send reconsideration letter, nothing else. Just waiting to send my child british citizenship application in a couple of days time. did home office put removal notice and waiting for appeal rights, its already more than 1 and half months for refusal, need to go for JR within 3 months after the refusal date isn't it? I don't know what to do next? even no funds go for JR.
@Shondra Sharma, hi dear I am thinking the same before going through the process. I have been refused with no appeal right and my solicitor is planning for the tribunal application for the appeal right. I have heard it takes very long time and by that time if the 3 months gone then I will miss applying for PAP/JR.

Now I am confused! should I go for the application for the appeal or should I go for the PAP/JR directly. Can you give me suggestions from your own experience please? God bless you dear.
Hi Naba

My case is very simillar to yours. I made an in-time application (flr o application submitted before expiring) but was refused without appeal.

I completed the appeal form within 10 working days of refusal and asked the judge to grant me an appeal. I also put in PAP.

The judge granted me an appeal and I therefore abandoned PAP/JR.

My advice is that you should do both. My appeal would be heard in February 2014. Ensure your appeal is submitted within 10 working days.

Best of luck
@Dear MRLAOLU, thank you for the information. This is an wonderful progress of your case!
My case slightly different such as I made an in time application which was refused because of fee (actually I paid the fee but it was not taken out fully). Then I re-sent my application just next working day of receiving the letter. But by that time my visa was expired and the second time they counted the re-sending date. Refused me with NO appeal rights.
My solicitor is going apply to the Tribunal for the appeal rights. Wish me luck.

Did you apply to the tribunal? Did you do it by yourself or solicitor helped you? Can you pass me the link of appeal form please?
Thank you very much for the help. God bless you.

hatsuku

Post by hatsuku » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:37 pm

11akb wrote::cry: :cry: bad bad news guys and girls i got refuse dlr application my solicitor call today and inform me but they gave me right of appeal its been a very long long journey and still carry on and on came in 2000 as student visa
legal till 2010 wife applied for asylum in 2002 but i did not applied for indefinite on 10 years due to her case silly me 3kids 2 above 7 ........so now solicitor moving out need to find any good solicitor one for right of appeal in eastlondon any recomendation guys and girl
sorry for the refusal :(
the best thing to do, in my opinion and as i did, is to apply within the deadline given.
i applied for an appeal in July and just today i was informed about the hearing day which will be in Dec!

not bad, keeping in my mind that initially i was told that the hearing will be in Feb-April next year :(

carry on fighting, your case is strong :)

:)

naba

Post by naba » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:38 pm

Sweetypie wrote:
Rammie20 wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:
Rammie20 wrote:Thanks to everyone on this forum. I have granted DLR 30months just 3weeks after putting in a new application. No solicitor just the help from this forum. I must mention that I am highly indebted to hatchsead and every who answered my questions. A little background to my case. I made a zambrano application in Dec 2011 which was denied in this year through a solicitor, I have an appeal pending due March 2014. I therefore put in a new EX1 application just on 18th sept.
I wish all those waiting the very best. An yet to withdraw my zambrano appeal. God bless you all
Congratulations
Kukuwife... God bless you for welcoming me to this forum. You were first to welcome me and answered my every question even when someone else had answered me already. May God increase you in every department of your life.

A very big congratulations to you Rammie20!! enjoy the freedom

God'sAuthority & Naba, stay strong, in due season you shall get your stay. Donte be too disheartened. I was refused once in 2007, granted after appeal, then in 2009, granted again after appeal. so it will work out. keep you joy, refuse to give it to the Home office coz they can trample on it. You will be fine.

Keep yourself occupied whilst you appeal and go through the motions, even take up a new hooby like photography or zumba to just get your mind off the issue and focus on positive. xx
@Sweetypie, thank you hun for the kind words. I am trying to keep myself strong. But worried about my job. It would very difficult to survive if I loos the job. Seems the thing is gonna happen. Please keep on your support to all of us who are struggling with this. Thanks again

hatsuku

Re: Lest I forget

Post by hatsuku » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:49 pm

God's Authority wrote:Thanks sweetypie, God bless you abundantly.

I forgot to ask, will it be ok to continue working whilst my appeal is in process? and also which is better, submit the appeal online then post the documents and I was thinking of asking to expedite my appeal date as I read that I could request this via this link

http://www.justice.gov.uk/tribunals/imm ... um/appeals

I am just to work toward avoiding being close to delivery and attending a hearing, am due early next year hence my concerns as I know the waiting times are quite long now.

Thanks alot.
i pray for you an easy delivery and an easy case with happy endings.

If i am not mistaken, that link mentioned (or somewhere else in that website) that applying online for an appeal is faster, so double check and then go ahead.

i also, read in this forum that you can still work while you are waiting for your hearing dates, you will continue with the same conditions as per your last visa.

but i am not sure if you are entitled to a maternity leave pay!

from all the members in the forum, you are the one i am praying for the most. I have been in your place, and being a mother-to-be dealing with all this stress is not easy :(

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

teebaby

Post by teebaby » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:53 pm

It is well.....so sorry for ur refusal.

11akb

Post by 11akb » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:37 pm

hatsuku wrote:
sorry for the refusal :(
the best thing to do, in my opinion and as i did, is to apply within the deadline given.
i applied for an appeal in July and just today i was informed about the hearing day which will be in Dec!

not bad, keeping in my mind that initially i was told that the hearing will be in Feb-April next year :(

carry on fighting, your case is strong :)

:)
thanks hatsuku for information....... if you have bad time no one can stop that what going on with me my solicitor close down and the document gone to same address which i already inform to homeoffice 10 times written and on phone anyhow paper went to third party and now they will post me tomorrow she only told me that application has been refused and and i got of appeal right :cry:

madhu678
Newly Registered

Post by madhu678 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:21 pm

hi, I applied my flr(o) visa in march 2013. Now my lawyer is saying that my application will be rejected and he will make an appeal and win the case.
But I have my own doubts.

My doubts are ---
1 can he really win the appeal?
2 if so how long will it takes to get the results of the appeal?
3 During the appeal time, is it legal to stay in uk? if so, what will be my visa status?
4 During the appeal time, can I switch visas?( tier 2)
Can anyone answer my questions. It will be of great help. I am really confused.thanks in advance

iHope

Post by iHope » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:04 am

If you came in 2000 and stayed legal for ten years and you didn't apply,, you can apply any day even now as you have already spent 10 years lawfully. Once you get ILR, your children can apply citizenship straight away if they are born here.
Your wife can apply afterwards or separatly

iHope

Post by iHope » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:12 am

madhu678 wrote:hi, I applied my flr(o) visa in march 2013. Now my lawyer is saying that my application will be rejected and he will make an appeal and win the case.
But I have my own doubts.

My doubts are ---
1 can he really win the appeal?
2 if so how long will it takes to get the results of the appeal?
3 During the appeal time, is it legal to stay in uk? if so, what will be my visa status?
4 During the appeal time, can I switch visas?( tier 2)
Can anyone answer my questions. It will be of great help. I am really confused.thanks in advance
Answer to question number 1 is that no nobody can tell anything based on the realy limited information you gave about your application.
2-once appeal is heard at tribunal, the result is posted to you within two weeks normally.
3-if you have applied before your previous visa was expired then yes all the time spent to decide you application and till appeal is heard in case of refusal is legal stay and your status remains the same as your last grant if leave to remain.
4- you can not switch visa during the wait of hearing BUT you can vary the grounds of appeal if your circumstances change.

madhu678
Newly Registered

Post by madhu678 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:18 am

@iHope THANKS A LOT for your reply. I understand that my info is limited and i am sorry. I applied flr(o) on private life(no child or family). I have applied before my previous visa expired. How long it takes for my appeal to go for hearing at tribunal. Thanks in advance

God's Authority

Post by God's Authority » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:28 am

hatsuku wrote:

I forgot to ask, will it be ok to continue working whilst my appeal is in process? and also which is better, submit the appeal online then post the documents and I was thinking of asking to expedite my appeal date as I read that I could request this via this link

I am just to work toward avoiding being close to delivery and attending a hearing, am due early next year hence my concerns as I know the waiting times are quite long now.

Thanks alot.

If i am not mistaken, that link mentioned (or somewhere else in that website) that applying online for an appeal is faster, so double check and then go ahead.

i also, read in this forum that you can still work while you are waiting for your hearing dates, you will continue with the same conditions as per your last visa.

from all the members in the forum, you are the one i am praying for the most. I have been in your place, and being a mother-to-be dealing with all this stress is not easy :(

Thank you so much darling, I am really appreciate of your kind response. I am actively searching for a lawyer, one that is tried,tested and proven to win cases as it will be foolhardy to rely on lawyers online and go by what they tell me. I am not even worried about the maternity leave pay just something that I know is my job as I would hate to lose it. I know how it was for me without a job when I had my child 2 years ago, I was practically living on hand outs from people and I would not pray for anyone I know to be in that position again, how much more my enemy.

I am thinking of re-applying again, just going to use the template Hatchshead provided on this forum sometimes ago but now am at a crossroad. A friend was telling me yesterday whilst discussing and seeking advice to apply alone with my daughter and not include my spouse. But then how do I tell him that? Besides would we not use the documents they sent back to us for the appeal? It means I wouldnt not have any supporting documentation to send with the new application even if I had to use that template and reword it to suit my circumstances. I have thought ab0ut it and it would be unfair on my partner as we have been in this together, but she was like he can then apply when am granted. I am just so confused about it all, however will continue my lawyer/solicitor search and will just cast the ''burden'' on him/her,cannot cope with this stress anymore.

progeny5kay

Post by progeny5kay » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:43 pm

God's Authority wrote:
hatsuku wrote:

Thanks alot.

Thank you so much darling, I am really appreciate of your kind response. I am actively searching for a lawyer, one that is tried,tested and proven to win cases as it will be foolhardy to rely on lawyers online and go by what they tell me. I am not even worried about the maternity leave pay just something that I know is my job as I would hate to lose it. I know how it was for me without a job when I had my child 2 years ago, I was practically living on hand outs from people and I would not pray for anyone I know to be in that position again, how much more my enemy.

I am thinking of re-applying again, just going to use the template Hatchshead provided on this forum sometimes ago but now am at a crossroad. A friend was telling me yesterday whilst discussing and seeking advice to apply alone with my daughter and not include my spouse. But then how do I tell him that? Besides would we not use the documents they sent back to us for the appeal? It means I wouldnt not have any supporting documentation to send with the new application even if I had to use that template and reword it to suit my circumstances. I have thought ab0ut it and it would be unfair on my partner as we have been in this together, but she was like he can then apply when am granted. I am just so confused about it all, however will continue my lawyer/solicitor search and will just cast the ''burden'' on him/her,cannot cope with this stress anymore.
I will advise you to apply for your spouse and you becuase if you don't and you get granted in the end he might be trapped in the situation most Zambrano father's find themselves, home office will start telling him the mother alone can take care of the child so you need be careful and also article 8 is your best bet with a good legal advice they can help you draft cover letter and put your case together and you can continue from there and also your appeal you can get a lawyer if you can afford but if you can't put it together yourself with help of people here you will be fine and can i ask if you have any child or children in education? how long have you lived here legally and illegally because i believe you have higher percentage of winning your case.
God don't like ugly, God don't like no quitters believe me when I tell you things always get better, keep ya head up!!!!

God's Authority

Post by God's Authority » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:26 pm

progeny5kay wrote:
God's Authority wrote:
hatsuku wrote:

Thanks alot.

I will advise you to apply for your spouse and you becuase if you don't and you get granted in the end he might be trapped in the situation most Zambrano father's find themselves, home office will start telling him the mother alone can take care of the child so you need be careful and also article 8 is your best bet with a good legal advice they can help you draft cover letter and put your case together and you can continue from there and also your appeal you can get a lawyer if you can afford but if you can't put it together yourself with help of people here you will be fine and can i ask if you have any child or children in education? how long have you lived here legally and illegally because i believe you have higher percentage of winning your case.

Thanks Progenyskay for your kind response.
That is exactly what I thought, we are in it together, I dont even have the heart to do that to him after waiting for so long. I dont have any child in education but my daughter will be starting school in January when she clocks 3. I have also never been illegal, its been 4 years plus since I have been in this country. Thanks again.

iHope

Post by iHope » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:31 pm

madhu678 wrote:@iHope THANKS A LOT for your reply. I understand that my info is limited and i am sorry. I applied flr(o) on private life(no child or family). I have applied before my previous visa expired. How long it takes for my appeal to go for hearing at tribunal. Thanks in advance
If you applied before your visa expired then your previous visa conditions still apply and your status is still what it was before your visa expired
These days, it is taking around four months from lodging the appeal to get the hearing date.

11akb

Post by 11akb » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:04 pm

Hi I received a letter from homeoffice with no right to appeal what next after 13 years I am without any status I will fight for my kids going for judiciary

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:26 pm

11akb wrote:Hi I received a letter from homeoffice with no right to appeal what next after 13 years I am without any status I will fight for my kids going for judiciary
Sorry to hear about your refusal. What were the reasons given for it?

teebaby

Post by teebaby » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:01 pm

It is well.....so sorry for ur refusal.

Hadassah
Newly Registered

Re applying

Post by Hadassah » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:58 am

Hello ladies and gentlemen. I ll like to congratulate all those that had their visas granted and to us dt were refused that the good God will have mercy on us and make a way. And to those waiting to hear for a reply,I wish dem all d very best according to their heart desires.
I have a quick question, pls aw does reapplying after refusal with right to peal works? My lawyer advices I reapply that they r responding faster now. I ll appreciate to read a reply soon. Thanks

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:07 am

11akb wrote:Hi I received a letter from homeoffice with no right to appeal what next after 13 years I am without any status I will fight for my kids going for judiciary
I am sorry for the refusal.......I think they are just refusing everyone....apart from the JR...there was a post yesterday about appealing (even with no right of appeal????) if you do it within ten day...maybe you can do both. My brother has just been refused and we are going for an appeal as well as JR (he was given right to appeal although they have him as an overstayer----go figure)....Good luck...am sure it will work out in the end.

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Re: Re applying

Post by CrystalNewbie » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:11 am

Hadassah wrote:Hello ladies and gentlemen. I ll like to congratulate all those that had their visas granted and to us dt were refused that the good God will have mercy on us and make a way. And to those waiting to hear for a reply,I wish dem all d very best according to their heart desires.
I have a quick question, pls aw does reapplying after refusal with right to peal works? My lawyer advices I reapply that they r responding faster now. I ll appreciate to read a reply soon. Thanks
I know a friend who reapplied after refusal (even though she was given the right to appeal)...i believe it works if you have good evidence to back up the points of refusal......its true that current applications are being dealt with faster.....obviously with an appeal you only get to pay a small court fee and solicitor fees (???) and you can appear in front of an immigration tribunal and plead your case...but it is taking longer now to get a hearing because of back log...good luck

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:18 pm

Hello beautiful people,

I thank God for His mercy and for fighting my battles.I may face challenges but we shall prevail under the guidance of Almighty God.To those who have been refused,May God change our situation and destroy any rejection that maybe against our appeals,JR/PAP.We are conquerers and the devil has been defeated!

Hope good news are on the way coming.It is well.

@Rina....Amen!!

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:40 pm

Someone asked about a solicitor in East London...try Malik Law Chambers in Bethnal Green.Its a father and son team who deal with some of complicated cases in immigration.The son is a solicitor in the Supreme Court!

@Naba...you may also try google them and hear what they've to say!

@Dapsonlee....*high5*...congratulations for reaching the MP status in the blog...lol!You've now joined the ranks of Verbina and believe!

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:02 pm

Hi pple, it looks like things are so hard for pple on the forum with all the refusals but So far as God has not refused us we shall prevail. So just asking, I got a letter from OH Sheffield saying they are refunding my money to my account. This money which is the application fee was taken on the 12/09/13 and they say it's only appropriate to reimburse my money.this letter was dated 15/10/2013. Pls can u help? What does it mean? Does it mean my application is terminated. They are giving me my £578 back.

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:13 pm

kiss300 wrote:Hi pple, it looks like things are so hard for pple on the forum with all the refusals but So far as God has not refused us we shall prevail. So just asking, I got a letter from OH Sheffield saying they are refunding my money to my account. This money which is the application fee was taken on the 12/09/13 and they say it's only appropriate to reimburse my money.this letter was dated 15/10/2013. Pls can u help? What does it mean? Does it mean my application is terminated. They are giving me my £578 back.
Did they not give you reasons for refunding the money.....if not I would call them though I doubt if it is a termination of your application. I have heard of some people who are not meant to pay for their application...it depends on your circumstances.