ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hsrsham1211
Newly Registered
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Hsrsham1211 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:21 pm

[quote=CULLINAN post_id=1954339 time=1603908452 user_id=179089
Some enquiries come back quicker than others or picked up earlier from the second queue as per CW’s load.

But some cases are just dug under the rubble and neglected to rot. It is pure luck!!

I think if someone has not heard back in 8 weeks after biometrics, you most likely are in the second queue as stated above.
[/quote]

Quick question on how UKVI gets back to us for clarifications or to submit additional documents - do they just send an email or do they follow up with a text message or notice in your UKVI or UKVCAS account? I’m petrified that they might ask for some docs by email and I miss it because it gets deleted, goes to junk folder or due to some email problem I miss it. Then it will just get buried in the second queue till we escalate after 6 months?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:35 pm

@Harsham1211

Normally CW requests via email these days. But in case, email is not responded by the applicant the CW should request via post also. I have known similar cases before.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Hsrsham1211
Newly Registered
India

Post by Hsrsham1211 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:41 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:35 pm
@Harsham1211

Normally CW requests via email these days. But in case, email is not responded by the applicant the CW should request via post also. I have known similar cases before.
Thanks Cullinan. I’ll keep an eye out for post as well now. But given the chaotic ways of working due to c-19, it’s just down to luck at the end of the day

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:42 pm

Hi,

Today I got a call from a private number which happened to be my casework. He wanted to find out why my son wasn't added to my application. I explained to him.
I then asked him when I should expect my feedback. He said if nothing jumps up then I should have it by close of day. Well it's 18:40 and I haven't seen an email.
Has anyone had just encounters? I applied on the 1/8. I am hopeful that if I don't get it today, tomorrow is another day but I am now in a state of expectancy.

jamd12
United Kingdom

Post by jamd12 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:55 pm

Amy_R88 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:30 pm
jamd12 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:06 pm
Amy_R88 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:36 am
jamd12 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:56 am

Yes same over here! I applied 27th July Set LR too- and no email yet! Still waiting
Glad to know im not alone. If you get any email do update the timeline. I hope we get the approvals in a day or two. We would keep each other updated. Have you checked your right to work status?

Anyone who has kept an eye on right to work status, how long before getting the email, the change becomes visible? And also why does i have ukvi account option doesn't recognise any of the details? Is it with just me or has anyone got the same issue?
Yes I soon as I get the email I will! I feel it is just like you said one or two days hopefully.
Yes I have checked just now!- mine remains the same. Have you? I used my biometric number to check.
Would be good to know when the changes come into place!
Still saying BRP is expired or lost. I'd check every 2 to 3 hours. I hope the approvals arrive fast.
Hiii Amy, have you heard anything back? I believe we are the remaining 5 from July on the LR thread that havent heard back yet!

jamd12
United Kingdom

Post by jamd12 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:56 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:35 pm
poper wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:12 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:04 pm
kraviraj82 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:02 pm
Received ILR (Set LR) today, Date of Application 31st July. All the best to everyone ! Thank a lots for this forum !
Congratulations! 🎊 Thank you for updating us and updating your timeline thread!
@ajitu92, the timeline thread shows a 11th August applicant also receiving approval today. From the timeline thread, do you have a count of July and August SET LR applicants and how many have received approvals?
No worries if you dont have these stats. I am literally checking the timeline thread every 5 mins :evil:
Yes, sir...already spotted and updated! I do have them, I check the thread every 30 minutes too, keep the stats up to date and inadvertently get my hopes up and dashed every 30 mins :lol: I've also been adding some that I happen to see on places like Facebook.

July:
42 applicants. 5 outstanding. 2 of the 5 are potentially complex cases.

August:
26 applicants. 5 decisions (approvals) made. Latest being 11th August. 5 applicants pre 11th August are still awaiting decisions.
Hope I get it soon- Im July 27th and still waiting!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:30 pm

France and Germany have announced second national lockdowns. Looks like UK is next in line!!!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:42 pm

Boris might still want to persevere with local lockdown policy.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:59 pm

kiss300 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:42 pm
Hi,

Today I got a call from a private number which happened to be my casework. He wanted to find out why my son wasn't added to my application. I explained to him.
I then asked him when I should expect my feedback. He said if nothing jumps up then I should have it by close of day. Well it's 18:40 and I haven't seen an email.
Has anyone had just encounters? I applied on the 1/8. I am hopeful that if I don't get it today, tomorrow is another day but I am now in a state of expectancy.
I am surprised why the CW was interested with dependant details on SET LR.
Good news that your case is being worked upon. You must receive a decision this week
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:04 pm

poper wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:59 pm
kiss300 wrote:
Hi,

Good news that your case is being worked upon. You must receive a decision this week
Thank you for your encouraging words. This is not the first I have heard them ask of a dependent. My only worry is why I didn't get the report today. Cos he said if nothing comes up I should get something today. It's 8 pm and still nothing. So I am waiting for tomorrow. God will make a way.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:05 pm

@kiss300

Is your dependent born in UK?

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:06 pm

kiss300 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:04 pm
poper wrote:
kiss300 wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for your encouraging words. This is not the first I have heard them ask of a dependent. My only worry is why I didn't get the report today. Cos he said if nothing comes up I should get something today. It's 8 pm and still nothing. So I am waiting for tomorrow. God will make a way.
Will come soon, don't worry. Might even just be in the queue for the system to push the e-mail out. Fingers crossed for you!
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:09 pm

jamd12 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:55 pm
Amy_R88 wrote:
jamd12 wrote:
Amy_R88 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:36 am

Glad to know im not alone. If you get any email do update the timeline. I hope we get the approvals in a day or two. We would keep each other updated. Have you checked your right to work status?

Anyone who has kept an eye on right to work status, how long before getting the email, the change becomes visible? And also why does i have ukvi account option doesn't recognise any of the details? Is it with just me or has anyone got the same issue?
Yes I soon as I get the email I will! I feel it is just like you said one or two days hopefully.
Yes I have checked just now!- mine remains the same. Have you? I used my biometric number to check.
Still saying BRP is expired or lost. I'd check every 2 to 3 hours. I hope the approvals arrive fast.
Hiii Amy, have you heard anything back? I believe we are the remaining 5 from July on the LR thread that havent heard back yet!
Correct. Yourself, Amy_R88, Shah09, Rafastaa and waqas40581 are the ones remaining from July. Don't worry, your decision should be imminent too.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:11 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:09 pm
jamd12 wrote:
Amy_R88 wrote:
jamd12 wrote:

Correct. Yourself, Amy_R88, Shah09, Rafastaa and waqas40581 are the ones remaining from July. Don't worry, your decision should be imminent too.
I am hopeful.

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:15 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:06 pm
kiss300 wrote:
poper wrote:
kiss300 wrote:
Hi,

Will come soon, don't worry. Might even just be in the queue for the system to push the e-mail out. Fingers crossed for you!
Thank you for your encouragement. It can be stressful.

jamd12
United Kingdom

Post by jamd12 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:18 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
jamd12 wrote:
Amy_R88 wrote:
jamd12 wrote:

Thank you Ajitu92. Your support means everything! This forum keeps me sane!

Anotherhustler4vis
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Anotherhustler4vis » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:46 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
poper wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
kraviraj82 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:02 pm
Received ILR (Set LR) today, Date of Application 31st July. All the best to everyone ! Thank a lots for this forum !
@ajitu92, the timeline thread shows a 11th August applicant also receiving approval today. From the timeline thread, do you have a count of July and August SET LR applicants and how many have received approvals?
No worries if you dont have these stats. I am literally checking the timeline thread every 5 mins :evil:
Yes, sir...already spotted and updated! I do have them, I check the thread every 30 minutes too, keep the stats up to date and inadvertently get my hopes up and dashed every 30 mins :lol: I've also been adding some that I happen to see on places like Facebook.

July:

August:
26 applicants. 5 decisions (approvals) made. Latest being 11th August. 5 applicants pre 11th August are still awaiting decisions.
@ajitu92 Great work as always, thank you! I totally feel you and @proper, I myself is a mid-September applicant and already start checking the timeline every hour or so. (Well I haven’t yet put my timeline down officially, just don’t want you all to get adrenaline rush for seeing a new post then get disappointed that it’s just another pending case, but set to do it once Nov starts)

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:51 pm

kiss300 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:15 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:06 pm
kiss300 wrote:
poper wrote:

Thank you for your encouragement. It can be stressful.
Tell me about it! I've been living a nightmare since March!

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:52 pm

jamd12 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:18 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
jamd12 wrote:
Amy_R88 wrote:

Thank you Ajitu92. Your support means everything! This forum keeps me sane!
You're most welcome! Just doing whatever I can. This forum keeps all us ILR aspirants sane, to be honest! :)

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:55 pm

Anotherhustler4vis wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:46 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
poper wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:

July:

August:
@ajitu92 Great work as always, thank you! I totally feel you and @proper, I myself is a mid-September applicant and already start checking the timeline every hour or so. (Well I haven’t yet put my timeline down officially, just don’t want you all to get adrenaline rush for seeing a new post then get disappointed that it’s just another pending case, but set to do it once Nov starts)
My pleasure! :) Still a while to go for us September applicants, but it will come eventually! Just a matter of time now. Why don't you go ahead and update it anyway? :)

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:57 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
poper wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:

July:

August:
ha ha... Yes, it sometimes feels very disappointing to see a new entry of a pending case. Even worse is someone chit chatting on the timeline thread which clearly says timelines ONLY !
@ajitu92 has been the star of statistics
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:01 pm

poper wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:57 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
poper wrote:

July:

August:
ha ha... Yes, it sometimes feels very disappointing to see a new entry of a pending case. Even worse is someone chit chatting on the timeline thread which clearly says timelines ONLY !
Too true, that! I can't take all the credit though! For Set (LR), sure, but @Ameline has come up trumps on Set (M)! It does seem like Set(M) decisions are in an extreme haphazard order at best!

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:04 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:01 pm
poper wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:

July:

August:
Too true, that! I can't take all the credit though! For Set (LR), sure, but @Ameline has come up trumps on Set (M)! It does seem like Set(M) decisions are in an extreme haphazard order at best!
Set LR can use 'Linear Regression' model
Set(M) would need a Deep Neural Network based model :shock:

Anotherhustler4vis
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Anotherhustler4vis » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:20 pm

poper wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
poper wrote:

July:

August:
Totally, I am with you but I do have to listen to the stats boss and just jot down my timeline. At least that there is a heads-up that a disappointing post is coming lol

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:24 pm

Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:20 pm
poper wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:

July:

August:
Totally, I am with you but I do have to listen to the stats boss and just jot down my timeline. At least that there is a heads-up that a disappointing post is coming lol
Haha! Well even with that heads up I saw the timeline thread jump to the top and my heart did a little skip until I saw the username :lol: Thank you for updating it, though! It's now on the spreadsheet :)