ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Noshr67
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Noshr67 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:39 am

Noshr67 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:59 pm
ElizaK wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:24 pm
Noshr67 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:09 pm
ElizaK wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:53 pm

I have done so twice already and we still haven't had anything back from them.

I don't know myself tbh how I've had so much patience. It is very sad as I only saw my husband when we got married 2 years ago and not again😩

Inshallah god will help us, after hardships comes ease. xx
I feel for u hun ☹ may allah make it easy 4 us all in sha Allah xx

How did u escalate it? Using the premium phone number? As I heard they are meant to reply within 15 working days of escalation as to what the delay is
Yes, I used the phone number both times and tbh they were no help whatsoever.

It has been around 20 working days since I first phoned them and still haven't heard anything back.
They do say they reply within 15 working days but so far I dont think anyone has had any luck...I couldn't help myself and have escalated thru the premium number just to get things rolling... guess I'll see what happens

Probably learn patience the hard way 😭

Was thinking to go thru MP route but have searched on google and her off has limited opening times around xmas and new year so I think I'll leave escalating it via MP till after new years now
I rang them yesterday for escalation and recieved this email today morning

Prior to making a decision on an Entry Clearance application, a number of mandatory checks need to be completed in both the applicant’s home country and the UK the nature of which I am unable to divulge. Although we aim to decide all applications within our published service standards, this is not always possible as the length of time taken to complete these checks is dependent on the individual circumstances of each case. Once these mandatory checks have been completed the results of these checks may mean that further extended checks need to be carried out, this was the case with this application. These extended checks are currently ongoing and we have no control over how long they will take so cannot provide any timescale for conclusion of the application

Does anyone know what these extended checks could possibly be? Lost hope now for a quick decision as it's quite obvious I'm going to be waiting for months n months just like everyone else 😭💔

Peruuk
Newly Registered
England

Post by Peruuk » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:28 am

Upp1990 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:08 am
Update
Good morning everyone,
Passport Collected today from courier and visa has been granted.
I have been divorced this year and from my previous relation I have a child as well. After divorced 7 months married and applied visa for spouse in October and without any moment visa has been granted. I done myself all paperwork.
I pray to god people who waiting here will get good news soon .
Good luck everyone.Have a good day.
Thanks
Congratulations 🥳 when is your visa granted from

Noshr67
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Noshr67 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:39 pm

Can anyone who recieved not straight forward email confirm plz if they contacted HO for an update on their application whilst they were still in their standard time frame?

ms1993
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ms1993 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:56 pm

Noshr67 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:39 am
Noshr67 wrote:
ElizaK wrote:
Noshr67 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:09 pm

I feel for u hun ☹ may allah make it easy 4 us all in sha Allah xx

How did u escalate it? Using the premium phone number? As I heard they are meant to reply within 15 working days of escalation as to what the delay is

It has been around 20 working days since I first phoned them and still haven't heard anything back.
They do say they reply within 15 working days but so far I dont think anyone has had any luck...I couldn't help myself and have escalated thru the premium number just to get things rolling... guess I'll see what happens

Was thinking to go thru MP route but have searched on google and her off has limited opening times around xmas and new year so I think I'll leave escalating it via MP till after new years now

Prior to making a decision on an Entry Clearance application, a number of mandatory checks need to be completed in both the applicant’s home country and the UK the nature of which I am unable to divulge. Although we aim to decide all applications within our published service standards, this is not always possible as the length of time taken to complete these checks is dependent on the individual circumstances of each case. Once these mandatory checks have been completed the results of these checks may mean that further extended checks need to be carried out, this was the case with this application. These extended checks are currently ongoing and we have no control over how long they will take so cannot provide any timescale for conclusion of the application

Does anyone know what these extended checks could possibly be? Lost hope now for a quick decision as it's quite obvious I'm going to be waiting for months n months just like everyone else 😭💔
Hi Nosh

In the essence of remaining positive, I would like to think that this is another templated/generic response. I've searched some key words from your email on this forum and others received the same email.

My general feeling at the moment is that any checks that may be needed will be delayed due to the xMas/New Year period, especially if the checks are with another department. It could be true 'processing,' delays or it could be case complexity - we'll never know.

I genuinely would not worry until you hear anything - I am literally in the exact same position as yourself and if not, have been waiting longer. I wish I could find the words to reassure you (and myself at the same time!)

My best advice is to await the New Year and see if any movement is made at that point.

Noshr67
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Noshr67 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:19 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:56 pm
Noshr67 wrote:
Noshr67 wrote:
ElizaK wrote:

Hi Nosh

In the essence of remaining positive, I would like to think that this is another templated/generic response. I've searched some key words from your email on this forum and others received the same email.

My general feeling at the moment is that any checks that may be needed will be delayed due to the xMas/New Year period, especially if the checks are with another department. It could be true 'processing,' delays or it could be case complexity - we'll never know.

I genuinely would not worry until you hear anything - I am literally in the exact same position as yourself and if not, have been waiting longer. I wish I could find the words to reassure you (and myself at the same time!)

My best advice is to await the New Year and see if any movement is made at that point.
Did u make a status query about your Visa before receiving the not straight forward email? Or did your husband or anyone?

ms1993
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ms1993 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:21 pm

Noshr67 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:19 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Noshr67 wrote:
Noshr67 wrote:

Hi Nosh

Did u make a status query about your Visa before receiving the not straight forward email? Or did your husband or anyone?
Yes. I contacted UKVI on Tuesday and requested a status update. The advisor reported the file was ‘awaiting a decision,’ and a further update could not be provided.

Please note that any status update will always be generic.

Noshr67
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Noshr67 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:01 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:21 pm
Noshr67 wrote:
ms1993 wrote:
Noshr67 wrote:

Hi Nosh

Yes. I contacted UKVI on Tuesday and requested a status update. The advisor reported the file was ‘awaiting a decision,’ and a further update could not be provided.

No hun I'm asking cz I've rang around alot of solictors finding out what this email means and one of the female solictors informed me:

🖤 if your still within your standard time frame and you ring for status updates, you are in fact making it worse for yourself. She told me same thing my solictor did. That If u leave the case alone and dont chase it then they respond better but if you chase the updates it makes them suspicious and that's the only reason they start doing extra checks and take u out of the standard time frame

She has adviced me not to ring anyone or ask for updates about the visa and bearing in mind she does not know me yet was genuinely trying to help

She said theres nothing to be done but to wait and can only do something if we go over the 6 month time frame

Another splictor adviced me not to push 4 answers cz they may end up rejecting the case if we rush them for answers

ms1993
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ms1993 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:05 pm

Noshr67 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:01 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Noshr67 wrote:
ms1993 wrote:

Hi Nosh

No hun I'm asking cz I've rang around alot of solictors finding out what this email means and one of the female solictors informed me:

🖤 if your still within your standard time frame and you ring for status updates, you are in fact making it worse for yourself. She told me same thing my solictor did. That If u leave the case alone and dont chase it then they respond better but if you chase the updates it makes them suspicious and that's the only reason they start doing extra checks and take u out of the standard time frame

She has adviced me not to ring anyone or ask for updates about the visa and bearing in mind she does not know me yet was genuinely trying to help

She said theres nothing to be done but to wait and can only do something if we go over the 6 month time frame

Another splictor adviced me not to push 4 answers cz they may end up rejecting the case if we rush them for answers
I had contacted out of the standard time frame of 12 weeks and it was only a single call to understand what the status of the application was and whether anything was required of me (eg 2 weeks after the not straight forward email)

Thank you for sharing this advice - it helps knowing someone else is in the same position even though I don’t know you! 😌

I think I mentioned it before - my husband and I decided to just wait and not chase anything further

Whatever happens will happen and it will be by the will of Allah

Just out of curiosity, what’s your timeline? I don’t think I’ve seen it, sorry!

Noshr67
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Noshr67 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:27 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:05 pm
Noshr67 wrote:
ms1993 wrote:
Noshr67 wrote:

I had contacted out of the standard time frame of 12 weeks and it was only a single call to understand what the status of the application was and whether anything was required of me (eg 2 weeks after the not straight forward email)

Thank you for sharing this advice - it helps knowing someone else is in the same position even though I don’t know you! 😌

I think I mentioned it before - my husband and I decided to just wait and not chase anything further

I also rang them within my time frame and when I got the not straight fwd email, my solictor told me it was cz I was contacting them and I never believed him but now I feel guilty as I just dont know now
What's happened has happened but the thought that maybe he would have had his visa had I not rang for an update is killing me as I paid priority fees and have lost all my money too

I am not trying to stress anyone on here or come across as negative but have also been adviced that they could keep anyone waiting and reject after 6 months also and apparently even getting the whole rejection process the letter explaining why ect the process they have themselves to follow after a rejection could also take a long time so just cz we haven't had a rejection and are kept waiting doesn't mean we cant get one

Online application: 5th november
Biometrics at islamabad: 7 november
Application: priority
Rang twice for updates both time got told awaiting decision and still in time frame so nothing to be done but wait
Not straight forward email: 17 December (day 28 of 30)
Rang for escalation: 19 December (Day 30 of 30)
Email recieved back about extended checks needed on my application: 20 December (Day 31)

So Day 31 and counting and I know it's not nowhere near as long as some have been waiting but having paid over 600 pounds for priority and expected husband to be here for new years, I've lost alot and very disappointed. Also lost like £35 or more ringing the premium number

Also to Eliza ,
I escalated the case and got email back the next morning...
Yet many on here say they recieve no email after escalation but are you guys checking the email associated with the application? As my solictor made a separate one for my husband I got the email and password off the solictor and monitor everything also

ms1993
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ms1993 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:34 pm

Noshr67 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:27 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Noshr67 wrote:
ms1993 wrote:

I also rang them within my time frame and when I got the not straight fwd email, my solictor told me it was cz I was contacting them and I never believed him but now I feel guilty as I just dont know now
What's happened has happened but the thought that maybe he would have had his visa had I not rang for an update is killing me as I paid priority fees and have lost all my money too

I am not trying to stress anyone on here or come across as negative but have also been adviced that they could keep anyone waiting and reject after 6 months also and apparently even getting the whole rejection process the letter explaining why ect the process they have themselves to follow after a rejection could also take a long time so just cz we haven't had a rejection and are kept waiting doesn't mean we cant get one

Rang twice for updates both time got told awaiting decision and still in time frame so nothing to be done but wait
Email recieved back about extended checks needed on my application: 20 December (Day 31)

So Day 31 and counting and I know it's not nowhere near as long as some have been waiting but having paid over 600 pounds for priority and expected husband to be here for new years, I've lost alot and very disappointed. Also lost like £35 or more ringing the premium number

Also to Eliza ,
Yet many on here say they recieve no email after escalation but are you guys checking the email associated with the application? As my solictor made a separate one for my husband I got the email and password off the solictor and monitor everything also
Everything you’ve said is everything I’ve mentioned previously. Quite simply, we just don’t know

But don’t feel guilty! It is whatever it is meant to be and that’s simply it.

If you know yourself your girl is straight forward then do not worry...

My husband had some complexity but not complications hence I expected the delay, even though it doesn’t make it easier knowing it can be up to 6 months or 6 months + Especially since I worked the deadline out to be for New Years too.

Anyway, no movement is expected within the next two weeks due to bank holidays and there may be a back log associated with the time off so just a matter of waiting and seeing what happens

Noshr67
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Noshr67 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:39 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:34 pm
Noshr67 wrote:
ms1993 wrote:
Noshr67 wrote:

Also to Eliza ,
Everything you’ve said is everything I’ve mentioned previously. Quite simply, we just don’t know

My husband had some complexity but not complications hence I expected the delay, even though it doesn’t make it easier knowing it can be up to 6 months or 6 months + Especially since I worked the deadline out to be for New Years too.

Anyway, no movement is expected within the next two weeks due to bank holidays and there may be a back log associated with the time off so just a matter of waiting and seeing what happens
If it makes it any better for u, atleast your half way thru your 6 months and considering you have had your interview I'm so sure hun your at the very last stage and in sha allah u should hear something soon

Xx this is truly a heartbreaking experience which I just did not expect
I thought boom done priority husband will be here in click of a finger lol

ms1993
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ms1993 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:54 pm

Noshr67 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:39 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:34 pm
Noshr67 wrote:
ms1993 wrote:

Also to Eliza ,

If it makes it any better for u, atleast your half way thru your 6 months and considering you have had your interview I'm so sure hun your at the very last stage and in sha allah u should hear something soon

Xx this is truly a heartbreaking experience which I just did not expect
I thought boom done priority husband will be here in click of a finger lol
I Hope you’re right but no expectations and no disappointments. InshaAllah all that will happen will be for the best.

Keep staying strong and remember you’re not alone in this journey and somewhere... Another woman (me) is feeling the same!

Not sure what the rules on this forum are about chit chat and clogging up posts so I’ll stop here 🙊

ElizaK
United Kingdom

Post by ElizaK » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:30 pm

Noshr67 wrote:
ms1993 wrote:
Noshr67 wrote:
ms1993 wrote:

Also to Eliza ,
My husband did recieve an email which said that a THIRD PARTY has enquired about your application. Can someone please help me, what does this even mean?

ElizaK
United Kingdom

Post by ElizaK » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:41 pm

The email my husband got sent

We received an enquiry regarding your application.

Please note that owing to the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we cannot disclose any information regarding an application to a third party, including the UK sponsor, without explicit prior consent from the applicant concerned.

The email address your query has been received from is not the one used when the application was made. Therefore, we are unable to provide any information to this email address.

Where the email address you have used to contact us is not held as an authorised email address on our records we are unable to provide any information without a signed letter of consent from the applicant, specifying either a change of email address or permission to contact a third party.

This should be scanned and emailed to visasheffield@homeoffice.gov.uk with “LOA CORRESPONDENCE” followed by your GWF053800951 Narjis in the subject heading.

Please be advised that an email has also been sent to the email address that we hold on our system.

ms1993
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ms1993 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:44 pm

ElizaK wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:41 pm

Please note that owing to the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we cannot disclose any information regarding an application to a third party, including the UK sponsor, without explicit prior consent from the applicant concerned.

The email address your query has been received from is not the one used when the application was made. Therefore, we are unable to provide any information to this email address.

Where the email address you have used to contact us is not held as an authorised email address on our records we are unable to provide any information without a signed letter of consent from the applicant, specifying either a change of email address or permission to contact a third party.

This should be scanned and emailed to visasheffield@homeoffice.gov.uk with “LOA CORRESPONDENCE” followed by your GWF053800951 Narjis in the subject heading.

Please be advised that an email has also been sent to the email address that we hold on our system.
Have you used an email address that is *not* listed in your application (either for applicant details or sponsor details) to contact the HO?

ElizaK
United Kingdom

Post by ElizaK » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:48 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:44 pm
ElizaK wrote:

Have you used an email address that is *not* listed in your application (either for applicant details or sponsor details) to contact the HO?
When I phoned UKVI I was asked to give my husbands email adress and I gave his email that was on the application. And I havent contacted them by email address, only by phonecall.

ms1993
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ms1993 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:52 pm

ElizaK wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:48 pm
ms1993 wrote:
ElizaK wrote:

When I phoned UKVI I was asked to give my husbands email adress and I gave his email that was on the application. And I havent contacted them by email address, only by phonecall.
It seems an email address was used to contact the HO that was not the applicant eg your husband’s and therefore they have contacted the applicant to notify him. Possibly your solicitor?

Noshr67
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Noshr67 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:15 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:52 pm
ElizaK wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:48 pm
ms1993 wrote:
ElizaK wrote:

It seems an email address was used to contact the HO that was not the applicant eg your husband’s and therefore they have contacted the applicant to notify him. Possibly your solicitor?
Whoever's made the enquiry has to be someone u know cz u cant make enquiries without the gwf and passport numbers applicants DOB ect

When I rang them they told me the enquiry response would be sent to the email they have in their system 4 my husband... is that the only email they sent 2 your husband? Did they not respond to the escalation?

Upp1990
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Upp1990 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:39 pm

Peruuk wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:28 am
Upp1990 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:08 am
Update
Good morning everyone,
Passport Collected today from courier and visa has been granted.
I have been divorced this year and from my previous relation I have a child as well. After divorced 7 months married and applied visa for spouse in October and without any moment visa has been granted. I done myself all paperwork.
I pray to god people who waiting here will get good news soon .
Good luck everyone.Have a good day.
Thanks
Congratulations 🥳 when is your visa granted from
Hi thank you.visa issued from 16th Dec.

Remti
United Kingdom

Post by Remti » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:30 pm

:|
Last edited by Remti on Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Remti
United Kingdom

Post by Remti » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:31 pm

Remti wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:30 pm
Hey. Does anyone know how long you have to wait for them to email you back letting you know when you can collect your passport after getting an email from tls stating your visa application is nearly over?? I personally thought it would be the same day.

SammyAb
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by SammyAb » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:28 pm

Remti wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:31 pm
Remti wrote:
Hey. Does anyone know how long you have to wait for them to email you back letting you know when you can collect your passport after getting an email from tls stating your visa application is nearly over?? I personally thought it would be the same day.

The visa center sent you that your application is nearly over?
Is this like a tracking service?

Because when we contacted UKVI regarding my application they gave the usual answer (under process and waiting for decision) paid 5 £ for that answer
And it turned out it was finished !!!
The date written on letter that was with my passport was the same date I emailed them 🤔
And I didn’t receive decision has been made email

Remti
United Kingdom

Post by Remti » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:42 pm

SammyAb wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:28 pm
Remti wrote:
Remti wrote:

Because when we contacted UKVI regarding my application they gave the usual answer (under process and waiting for decision) paid 5 £ for that answer
The date written on letter that was with my passport was the same date I emailed them 🤔

I really dont know. It just said that they will email me soon to collect my passport or the courier option. Fid you recieve your visa hun?

SammyAb
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by SammyAb » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:49 pm

Remti wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:42 pm
SammyAb wrote:
Remti wrote:
Remti wrote:

I really dont know. It just said that they will email me soon to collect my passport or the courier option. Fid you recieve your visa hun?

Than you are almost there
It should be within this week
I hope you get the visa 🙂

Alhamdullah I received my passport and visa today

Remti
United Kingdom

Post by Remti » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:30 pm

SammyAb wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:49 pm
Remti wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:42 pm
SammyAb wrote:
Remti wrote:

Than you are almost there
It should be within this week
I hope you get the visa 🙂

Alhamdullah I received my passport and visa today
Aww Alhamdulilah sis congrats. Dua is needed hun in shaa Allah. Thank you x