ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

verbina
United Kingdom

Re: Re applying

Post by verbina » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:10 am

Believe2013 wrote:
MRLAOLU wrote:
Hadassah wrote:Hello ladies and gentlemen. I ll like to congratulate all those that had their visas granted and to us dt were refused that the good God will have mercy on us and make a way. And to those waiting to hear for a reply,I wish dem all d very best according to their heart desires.
I have a quick question, pls aw does reapplying after refusal with right to peal works? My lawyer advices I reapply that they r responding faster now. I ll appreciate to read a reply soon. Thanks
Hi

The problem about reapplying and not appealing is that if you are later refused again you will not be granted an appeal right the second time. My advice is that you complete an appeal form. It may take longer for the appeal to be heard but your chances of been granted are far greater as HO can simply refuse you again. Good Luck
@mr laolu are you basing this on anecdotal evidence? I don't think it works like that at all!
+1 Believe!!!! Its good to have you back here!! :P
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:11 am

madhu678 wrote:hi, can anyone help me here? I am all screwed up. I guess my soliciter cheated me.
My situation is:
I made an FLRO visa in march, got acknowledgement in april and gave my biometrics in may 2013. A week back my employer send an employee checks form to UKBA on my name to know my visa status. They send him a mail saying that they don't have any outstanding application with them. Today I called myself to UKBA regarding my application and to my surprise they said that a decision had been made on my application and was sent to my soliciters in june 2013. But my lawyer didn't inform anything about recieving it.Even now, he is saying he hasn't recieved my docs. But I took tracking no. from ukba and confirmed that they recieved the my docs.
Now , I don't know where my passport is and I dont know what decision was made on my application? If , in case, my visa is rejected and my lawyer is hiding it from me, all of the sudden , I am a overstayer for 4 months. Is there any other way where I can find my passport and visa status. If , i am a overstayer can i leave uk without any problems in airport and can I get any letter from any gov body that i have overstayed here with a reason (lawyer cheated in my case). please help me. thanks in advance
Litigate for every penny they are worth. report the idiots to the Law Society too. Good luck

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:11 am

verbina wrote:
Sweetypie wrote:Also guys, I recieved a package from the HO yesterday, with my library and other membership cards I had included in my application, no note or anything. Does anyone know what this can mean... I dont know what to think
:? urrrrrrm that they finished like?...

Was it just the library and membership cards in there, no other serious supporting docs?

Nope, nada... just library cards and a few church church conference cards... funny huh? thought I might miss reading? Complete with handwritten envelope.... I would have preferred a decision, letter, complimentray slip, brp loool something.... even family photos would have been preferable.
My visa just ran out on Sunday and HR at work sent me an e-mail, i told them i am legally allowed to work until i get a decision so they are puting an employer checking service request. I hope HO dont mess that up. I need my job.
FLR O Extension applied: 21 Sep 2013
Acknowledgment Letter dated: 24 Sep 2013
Biometrics: 1 Oct 2013 letter, done: 4 Oct 2013
Decision: 12 October granted DLR until Oct 2016
Documents: Received 17 October 2013
BRP: 23 October

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:12 am

Believe2013 wrote:
madhu678 wrote:hi, can anyone help me here? I am all screwed up. I guess my soliciter cheated me.
My situation is:
I made an FLRO visa in march, got acknowledgement in april and gave my biometrics in may 2013. A week back my employer send an employee checks form to UKBA on my name to know my visa status. They send him a mail saying that they don't have any outstanding application with them. Today I called myself to UKBA regarding my application and to my surprise they said that a decision had been made on my application and was sent to my soliciters in june 2013. But my lawyer didn't inform anything about recieving it.Even now, he is saying he hasn't recieved my docs. But I took tracking no. from ukba and confirmed that they recieved the my docs.
Now , I don't know where my passport is and I dont know what decision was made on my application? If , in case, my visa is rejected and my lawyer is hiding it from me, all of the sudden , I am a overstayer for 4 months. Is there any other way where I can find my passport and visa status. If , i am a overstayer can i leave uk without any problems in airport and can I get any letter from any gov body that i have overstayed here with a reason (lawyer cheated in my case). please help me. thanks in advance
Litigate for every penny they are worth. report the idiots to the Law Society too. Good luck
Well said Believe2013!!! here here

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:21 am

Sweetypie wrote:
verbina wrote:
Sweetypie wrote:Also guys, I recieved a package from the HO yesterday, with my library and other membership cards I had included in my application, no note or anything. Does anyone know what this can mean... I dont know what to think

Was it just the library and membership cards in there, no other serious supporting docs?

Nope, nada... just library cards and a few church church conference cards... funny huh? thought I might miss reading? Complete with handwritten envelope.... I would have preferred a decision, letter, complimentray slip, brp loool something.... even family photos would have been preferable.
My visa just ran out on Sunday and HR at work sent me an e-mail, i told them i am legally allowed to work until i get a decision so they are puting an employer checking service request. I hope HO dont mess that up. I need my job.
Don't you hate it when they forget to enclose your BRP card hey ? :shock: . Oh well All the best

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:32 am

Strange indeed....but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is good news since it is an extension

Hiya Verbina....

Believe2013 wrote:
Sweetypie wrote:
verbina wrote:

Don't you hate it when they forget to enclose your BRP card hey ? :shock: . Oh well All the best
FLR(O) private life/parent of BC
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
Further info requested - Apr2013
Decision - Refused Nov2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

naba

Post by naba » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:34 am

Finger crossed! if you don't get any negative note, seems HO granted your visa and sending the residence card. Good luck!

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:39 am

IIakb, Godsauthourity all the recent refusals :( what a joke of decision making!!!!

I really feel for you guys, I pray you will keep fighting for your right.

I think this is a propanga/money generating scheme because I don't see any reason why people are being refused en masse but some are then granted when they re-apply, appeal etc :shock: :shock: :shock:

You will definetely laugh very soon.... keep the faith!

For those who have gotten a positive response, please pray so we all can be free from HO malarkey!
FLR(O) private life/parent of BC
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
Further info requested - Apr2013
Decision - Refused Nov2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:49 am

ThisYear wrote:IIakb, Godsauthourity all the recent refusals :( what a joke of decision making!!!!

I really feel for you guys, I pray you will keep fighting for your right.

I think this is a propanga/money generating scheme because I don't see any reason why people are being refused en masse but some are then granted when they re-apply, appeal etc :shock: :shock: :shock:

You will definetely laugh very soon.... keep the faith!

For those who have gotten a positive response, please pray so we all can be free from HO malarkey!
You have hit the nail on the head! Its a revenue generating scheme for the government hence the increase in the application fee every year.

I am also of the opinion that the visa is now a lottery. If you are granted visa first time without being given refusal and going through the JR route, i would say you will definitely win the euromillions or any lottery you play as i don't see any difference in the way HO decides applications now.

For those who have been refused, please do not give up. It is not how long, but how well.

It is well!
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:13 am

Shondra Sharma wrote:@kukuwife how you doing? any news, probably your turn now, pray for a good result, best of luck.
Amen o
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:26 am

Believe2013 wrote:
october2013 wrote:hello all, please i need your guidance. My husband came to the UK in 2004 as an msc student, i joined him a month after as his dependant. he finished and went on for his phd and in the meantime we have a child that's just turned 7yrs. We have a PSW permit that expires in November. We would like advise on how to renew this so that we can stay 1yr more and then qualify for settlement.
We saw several lawyers who gave different advises -
lawyer A, B & C said 2 apply for discretionary leave using the 7yr child route. however lawyer C has now contacted us to say our application would most likely be declined as we are a family unit (apparently if we were separated, it might be easier).
Lawyer D - says we should apply for entrepreneur permit or get a job that gives work permit

MY question is this, has anyone been in this situation and what advise can they offer? is there a route we can apply and get the extension we need please?
I agree with Lawyer D's advice and is 100% correct, all the best

congrats Fayvrit. Good morning All, hi Verbina good to know you are alive!!
Believe2013 and lawyer D are right. If l may ask is your partner on psw with phd if yes then the option is as state above. I think there is a new rule that phd holder can stay for an extra one year after there phd.
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:06 pm

Believe2013 wrote:
Sweetypie wrote:
verbina wrote:

i dddlydooo surely do hate it... grrrrr sorry guys :( :( :(
I am just fed up. Plus crappy boss, cant even look for new job. She talks down to me... like I am nothing
and then case worker forgets the most important thing brp

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:09 pm

ThisYear wrote:Strange indeed....but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is good news since it is an extension

Hiya Verbina....

Believe2013 wrote:
Sweetypie wrote:
verbina wrote:

Thanks ThisYear and Naba, lovely Verbs, & Believe2013....
I surely hope they send a visa.
I just reread the personal statement I sent with my application and noticed that I included 41 supporting documents. Hope thats all the evidence they need,

progeny5kay

congrats

Post by progeny5kay » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:14 pm

Fayvritt wrote:Good new!!, I've been granted 2.5 years leave to remain, after 13 months of waiting. I just received my BRP card. Application was based on having a joint responsibility with my British partner for our daughter
Congratulations!!!! enjoy the goodness and i pray that the goodness extend to everyone on this forum. Amen!!!
God don't like ugly, God don't like no quitters believe me when I tell you things always get better, keep ya head up!!!!

majojo

Any one has adress to Sheffield

Post by majojo » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:57 pm

9 months stil waiting was told ill get a response by end if September now it's October called this morning still pending you have to wait . Upon all the money peopl pay can't they just expand Thier operations . Please does fine one have the address to the Sheffield center temporary migration unit am sick and tired I need to write to them. Please if any one has kindly post it here as an fedup. A visa that tajes 5 mind to decide they take ages arrrhgghhh

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Any one has adress to Sheffield

Post by rina » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:18 pm

majojo wrote:9 months stil waiting was told ill get a response by end if September now it's October called this morning still pending you have to wait . Upon all the money peopl pay can't they just expand Thier operations . Please does fine one have the address to the Sheffield center temporary migration unit am sick and tired I need to write to them. Please if any one has kindly post it here as an fedup. A visa that tajes 5 mind to decide they take ages arrrhgghhh
I know how you feel week by week I start off thinking positive today is the day then nothing. Its been 17 months for me and am fed up too.
I have the address and good luck if you get a responsible as I sent 3 letters and its the same old rubbish.

Temporary Migration Team
North east, Yorhshire and the Humber Region
PO Box 3468
S3 8WA

This is mental torture for us..................

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:25 pm

majojo wrote:9 months stil waiting was told ill get a response by end if September now it's October called this morning still pending you have to wait . Upon all the money peopl pay can't they just expand Thier operations . Please does fine one have the address to the Sheffield center temporary migration unit am sick and tired I need to write to them. Please if any one has kindly post it here as an fedup. A visa that tajes 5 mind to decide they take ages arrrhgghhh
The harsh truth to that statement is, "your case has not been allocated to a case worker". My theory is that part time case workers are dealing with the backlog and full time workers have been allocated to deal with more recent applications cos i really don't see the ideology in waiting 6 months onwards for a case that can be looked at in a day and the most lazy ones just re-print refusal letters and dish it like its nothing.

God where is thine face!!! cos even patience has it's limits sitting home being idle...

majojo

Post by majojo » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:28 pm

rina wrote:
I know how you feel week by week I start off thinking positive today is the day then nothing. Its been 17 months for me and am fed up too.
I have the address and good luck if you get a responsible as I sent 3 letters and its the same old rubbish.

Temporary Migration Team
PO Box 3468
S3 8WA

It's more than mental rorture . 17 months wow then I should shut my mouth. Hmmm what they doing is not good the stupid thing is people apply after April n get response in 3-4 weeks.

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:36 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
The harsh truth to that statement is, "your case has not been allocated to a case worker". My theory is that part time case workers are dealing with the backlog and full time workers have been allocated to deal with more recent applications cos i really don't see the ideology in waiting 6 months onwards for a case that can be looked at in a day and the most lazy ones just re-print refusal letters and dish it like its nothing.

God where is thine face!!! cos even patience has it's limits sitting home being idle...

OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGgggggggggggggggg I am going to explode soon @ dapsonlee.. I just spoke to someone at H/O wishing for them to say " its been sent" :( Only for the guy to say its still being looked at... I asked how long will it take and he responded "unfortunately bal bla bla bla... am like its been 17 months you know !!!!!"

I am out of work and its impossible right nowwww............. Lord why have you forsaken us????? We have been really patient...

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:42 pm

majojo wrote:
rina wrote:

Temporary Migration Team
PO Box 3468
S3 8WA

It's more than mental rorture . 17 months wow then I should shut my mouth. Hmmm what they doing is not good the stupid thing is people apply after April n get response in 3-4 weeks.

It is really frustrating that people applying sooner are getting responses not that am raining on their parade far from it. But seriously come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They say no news is good news only God knows the truth.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:46 pm

rina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGgggggggggggggggg I am going to explode soon @ dapsonlee.. I just spoke to someone at H/O wishing for them to say " its been sent" :( Only for the guy to say its still being looked at... I asked how long will it take and he responded "unfortunately bal bla bla bla... am like its been 17 months you know !!!!!"

I am out of work and its impossible right nowwww............. Lord why have you forsaken us????? We have been really patient...
Well i guess we just have to continue to be patient.. we shall prevail eventually by God's grace lol.. chin up.. I believe totally from my heart that there is a huge floodlight at the end of this tunnel. "When it rains, it pours"...

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:48 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
rina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Well i guess we just have to continue to be patient.. we shall prevail eventually by God's grace lol.. chin up.. I believe totally from my heart that there is a huge floodlight at the end of this tunnel. "When it rains, it pours"...

Yayyyy! @dapsonlee is senior member!!!! Congrats!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

majojo

Post by majojo » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:48 pm

rina wrote:
majojo wrote:
rina wrote:

Temporary Migration Team
PO Box 3468
S3 8WA

It is really frustrating that people applying sooner are getting responses not that am raining on their parade far from it. But seriously come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They say no news is good news only God knows the truth.
I clearly remember when that video w exposed in jan one facing manager said we will del with application from April faster and ain to work on the other backlogs that is those who applied before April will be dealt with by end of summer. Stupid fools yes I said stupid ukba

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:49 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
rina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

I do too but the wait is too much............ guesss back to it then :(

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:18 pm

verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
rina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Yayyyy! @dapsonlee is senior member!!!! Congrats!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

@Verbina Lol is this life? Keisha called it "The MP" status, funny lady and title too.. Yer but why thank you. :oops: Hope you are ok though?

@Rina, Its only a matter of time, That 0870 line is an emotional and psycholigical torture. I only call them once a month now and just move on. You will be fine just keep hoping with fith. "We will get there" :)