ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nice and smooth

Post by nice and smooth » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:47 am

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
summmer75 wrote:Hi all, I received my approval on the 16th of Sept. I applied in Feb based on 5 years residence.
They are asking me to send:
1 €950
2 two passport photos
3 Original Certificate of Registration
4 Original travel document (not own passport)
Can anyone please help me with matter 3 and 4. I am from Bulgaria and I don't have a green card. What should I send for 3 and 4.

Thank you
Ok here is the answer to your questions.
3 and 4 are generic questions sent to most people and in some certain cases they will include (if applicable).

Now, the documents required was not specifically tailored for you, it is generic. Since 3 and 4 did not apply to you, you should do absolutely nothing about it and the Citizenship Division already know that.

In order to conclude, do nothing about 3 and 4, dont even send them any letter, just send the documents that are applicable.

Note: You may be wondering what 3 and 4 means.

3. If you're for example a Non-EU national and had to register with the GNIB when you arrived in Ireland. This is not applicable to EU-Nationals

4. If you are an asylum seeker. Granted Asylum seekers are issued with travel documents that allows them to travel around europe and elsewhere and again this does not apply to you.

Integrated Migrant your answers are spot on.
NICEANDSMOOTH

weeno
Newly Registered

Got approval

Post by weeno » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:40 pm

Hi Guys,

I got my approval letter today and very happy :) I applied in Dec 2011 and going to post the requested documents tomorrow. My question is if I send them the fee, photographs and GNIB card tomorrow will I have a chance to attend the October ceremony?

Good luck to all applicants and thank you for your help and support on this forum.

dub007

Re: Got approval

Post by dub007 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:47 pm

weeno wrote:Hi Guys,

I got my approval letter today and very happy :) I applied in Dec 2011 and going to post the requested documents tomorrow. My question is if I send them the fee, photographs and GNIB card tomorrow will I have a chance to attend the October ceremony?

Good luck to all applicants and thank you for your help and support on this forum.
There is still chance they are going to send invit soon, send them requested Doc and fees ASAP. Good Luck To All.

dub007

Post by dub007 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:51 pm

There is still chance they are going to send invit soon, send them requested Doc and fees ASAP. Good Luck To All.

moro1

Post by moro1 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:32 pm

Congrats man, this shows they clearing all back log, which is only fair to the people who were waiting.
I think you still have a chance as they are sending the invitations next week or the one after

mred1

Post by mred1 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:44 pm

I am suppose to receive an acknowledgement letter after sending in the further required documents? and can I send further documents 2 weeks after posting the initial documents I had out of what was required?

Kinto

Post by Kinto » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:51 am

mred1 wrote:I am suppose to receive an acknowledgement letter after sending in the further required documents? and can I send further documents 2 weeks after posting the initial documents I had out of what was required?
From what I heard and experienced, they don't always send acknowledgements. This is why it's better to use registered post for this type of correspondence.

moro1

Post by moro1 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:47 am

Anyone heard something concerning the invitations ?

nice and smooth

Post by nice and smooth » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:49 pm

[quote="moro1"]Anyone heard something concerning the invitations ?[/qu

my wife called them yesterday and they said invites will be sent out next week.
NICEANDSMOOTH

moro1

Post by moro1 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:46 pm

nice and smooth wrote:
moro1 wrote:Anyone heard something concerning the invitations ?[/qu

Thanks, good luck to everyone waiting

desibuddy

Post by desibuddy » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:37 pm

nice and smooth wrote:

Can you please tell me on which number and what time she called INIS. i tried many but was getting an automated messaged everytime.

Thanks

nice and smooth

Post by nice and smooth » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:08 pm

desibuddy wrote:
nice and smooth wrote:

Can you please tell me on which number and what time she called INIS. i tried many but was getting an automated messaged everytime.

Thanks

Its Tuesday and thursday 10am-12.30pm. 06232500. The secret is to keep calling. Once u get a message hang up immediately because they will never ever pick after the message. By the time you redial 20-50 times someone should definitely pickup your call. Also right down all the questions you want to ask them because people tend to freeze when they pickup the phone and forget all their questions. I remember before i got mine i used to call them every tuesday and thursday. I knew all the names of the operators and they knew me. Thats how it was. My calls didn't help speed it up but at least it kept me sane after waiting over 5 years for a decision. Good luck!
NICEANDSMOOTH

summmer75
Newly Registered

Post by summmer75 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:44 pm

Thank you.

aalazzani

Post by aalazzani » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:24 pm

I have a question regarding a housewife applying for citizenship based on 5 years residency (stamp 3).

1- What should be the answer for the Employment question? Unemployed or Other

2- It is clear that the Employments documents requested for employees (employer letter, pay slips, P60 etc) are irrelevant here, but does it affect the application that there is no separate source of income for the applicant?

3- Housewife is financially supported by husband so do we need to include any documents related to husband's employment to explain source of income?

Thanks in advance for help.

change2
Newly Registered

Post by change2 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:51 am

delete pls
Last edited by change2 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

change2
Newly Registered

Post by change2 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:55 am

aalazzani wrote:I have a question regarding a housewife applying for citizenship based on 5 years residency (stamp 3).

2- It is clear that the Employments documents requested for employees (employer letter, pay slips, P60 etc) are irrelevant here, but does it affect the application that there is no separate source of income for the applicant?

3- Housewife is financially supported by husband so do we need to include any documents related to husband's employment to explain source of income?

Hi Aalazzani,
1. Answer: Housewife

2. No. I know people where wives stay at home (but were not getting any social benefits, such as unemployment and were fully supported by husband's income )and they were getting certfificate of naturalisation in the same time as their husbands. Someone has to take care of your children/house, and if you believe that wife staying at home is what is the best for your family, then it is your family choice, and many Irish families do that as well due to for example high cost of childcare in Ireland. There is nothing wrong with it, and your wife is not a "burden" to public finaces.

3. They are relevant as these documents show that your wife is financially secure in Ireland. I would include your bank statements for the last 6 months and employer's letter and P60. If you don't send it how would INIS know where your wife is getting money for living from?

I would write a cover letter for your wife’s application and list all documents enclosed such as:
Copy of passport......, Etc, then Husband’s P60 and bank statement as evidence of source of income in Ireland

aalazzani

Post by aalazzani » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:24 am

change2 wrote:
aalazzani wrote:I have a question regarding a housewife applying for citizenship based on 5 years residency (stamp 3).

Hi Aalazzani,
1. Answer: Housewife

2. No. I know people where wives stay at home (but were not getting any social benefits, such as unemployment and were fully supported by husband's income )and they were getting certfificate of naturalisation in the same time as their husbands. Someone has to take care of your children/house, and if you believe that wife staying at home is what is the best for your family, then it is your family choice, and many Irish families do that as well due to for example high cost of childcare in Ireland. There is nothing wrong with it, and your wife is not a "burden" to public finaces.

3. They are relevant as these documents show that your wife is financially secure in Ireland. I would include your bank statements for the last 6 months and employer's letter and P60. If you don't send it how would INIS know where your wife is getting money for living from?

I would write a cover letter for your wife’s application and list all documents enclosed such as:
Copy of passport......, Etc, then Husband’s P60 and bank statement as evidence of source of income in Ireland
Thanks change2 for your detailed response.

For #1, there is no option in the form for "Housewife". The two options available for people not working are "Unemployed" and "Other".

Personally I thought that "Unemployed" might be interpreted as "actively looking but cannot find", so that is why I thought that Other (with some details in below box) might be a better option for Housewife. Let me know what you think.

change2
Newly Registered

Post by change2 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:30 am

aalazzani wrote:
Thanks change2 for your detailed response.

For #1, there is no option in the form for "Housewife". The two options available for people not working are "Unemployed" and "Other".

Personally I thought that "Unemployed" might be interpreted as "actively looking but cannot find", so that is why I thought that Other (with some details in below box) might be a better option for Housewife. Let me know what you think.
I would tick "Other" and would write next to it "Housewife". I don't think these forms are scanned and subject to text recognition within fields. I had myself wrote a note once or twice in my application just to clarify.

moro1

Post by moro1 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:52 pm

Still no news about the invitations?

nice and smooth

Post by nice and smooth » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:59 pm

moro1 wrote:Still no news about the invitations?

i'm guessing by midweek it should be getting to you guys. Normally its three weeks before the date which fits perfectly into midweek.
NICEANDSMOOTH

moro1

Post by moro1 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:25 pm

nice and smooth wrote:

i'm guessing by midweek it should be getting to you guys. Normally its three weeks before the date which fits perfectly into midweek.
Hopefully, I can't wait to go to the ceremony, submit my passport application and finish all business happily with INIS.
Did you get yours?

nice and smooth

Post by nice and smooth » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:33 pm

moro1 wrote:
nice and smooth wrote:

Hopefully, I can't wait to go to the ceremony, submit my passport application and finish all business happily with INIS.
Did you get yours?
Got mine a month ago because I got my approval on August 7th! Me too I can't wait, it seems like the 21st of October is a year away!
NICEANDSMOOTH

dub007

Post by dub007 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:02 pm

I think from thursday till 15/oct they gonna send the invitations. Hope for the best :)
nice and smooth wrote:
moro1 wrote:
nice and smooth wrote:

Skay94
Newly Registered

Post by Skay94 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:38 pm

I got my invite today , 2nd of October,for the 21st of october ceremony

Sudani
Newly Registered

Post by Sudani » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:02 pm

I got invite to ceremony too today