ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC Application - My Findings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:49 pm

Q6.8 - 100% sure
Q6.11 - Thinking logically...yes, as you are showing that 3 lakhs is being transfered from your dad and remaining is yours, and also your gift deed says that your dad is helping you out on this, I guess...the answer should be partly funded you and your dad. Well, this is ofcourse thinking logically, but have to hear abt others exp on this forum...

harvis82

Hi Sathish I have an EC query abt Funds to show

Post by harvis82 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:42 am

Hi Sathish, I saw ur post and congrats that u flied to UK on 25th Aug.

I have a query abt how much money I need to show in my bank account.

Actually I'm geting the money from my wife( she holds a job). What are all the docs I ned to show to prove that I got all these money from my wife only???

~J~

Post by ~J~ » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:47 am

u ll need yours n your wifes 6 months bank statements showing the history n transaction alongwith a letter from your wife.

freetomingle

EC Help required

Post by freetomingle » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:49 pm

Hi,

I will be applying from Kolkata as well in early December. I am in the UK now on a student visa,

Please can you help me with my query:

Is it mandatory to show my bank statements. I mean if my dad says hat he will sponsor me initially, can I not show his bank statements ans assets. Also I have a job offer as well.

Please would you advise
Thanks
aj_sp_007 wrote:Hi All,

I received my VISA for 2 years today.

My TimeLine:

1. Applied on : 25/07/2007 from Kolkata
2. IntegraScreen Checks : 30/07/2007 - 03/08/2007
3. Received the Visa : 08/08/2007 - 08/08/2009
4. Passports Received : 09/08/2007

I really want to thank this board for everything. From past 2 years I was the member of this board, and without all of you it was not possible.
All credit goes to this board.

Sincere Thanks to all the Members & wish you all the best.

Regards,

aj_sp_007
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Om Reem Shri PadamPrabhu Jinendrai Namah

~J~

Post by ~J~ » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:03 am

i sent SMS to check the EC status but i got a reply as invalid passport number. :|

~J~

Re: EC Help required

Post by ~J~ » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:05 am

Dear freetomingle

as per my knowledge youll have to show your bank statements. dont you have any other account which has less amount and has been minimally active?

freetomingle wrote:Hi,

I will be applying from Kolkata as well in early December. I am in the UK now on a student visa,

Is it mandatory to show my bank statements. I mean if my dad says hat he will sponsor me initially, can I not show his bank statements ans assets. Also I have a job offer as well.

Please would you advise
Thanks

My TimeLine:

I really want to thank this board for everything. From past 2 years I was the member of this board, and without all of you it was not possible.

Regards,

aj_sp_007
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

aandc
Newly Registered

Post by aandc » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:18 am

~J~ wrote:i sent SMS to check the EC status but i got a reply as invalid passport number. :|
J, I got the same message. But I got my passport the next day. So don't worry about it.

~J~

Post by ~J~ » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:32 am

i also sent an email and i get the automated out of office reply.
yeah aandc i think the tracking service must be having some problem. was your passport couriered to your place? in how many days? i applied on 17th oct at bangalore.

~J~

Post by ~J~ » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:15 am

got this reply finally ---

Thank you for your e-mail.

UKvisas India are piloting an arrangement with a commercial company, IntegraScreen. IntegraScreen act on our behalf by verifying the documents submitted by the applicant, before an Entry Clearance Officer at the British Deputy High Commission considers the visa application. Some of the documents that you have submitted in support of your application will be verified as part of this pilot project. This service is being provided to you free of charge.

After your submit your application at VFS, they will send the documents to IntegraScreen. Once the documents have been verified, IntegraScreen will contact us directly with their report, and we will then be able to make a decision on your visa application.

We aim to make a decision on your application within 15 working days from the day after you lodge the application with VFS. You can check the status of your application on the VFS website http://www.vfs-uk.co.in after 15 working days.

Yours truly,

Casework Section
British Deputy High Commission, Chennai.

freetomingle

Re: EC Help required

Post by freetomingle » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:04 am

~J~ wrote:Dear freetomingle

Thanks.

Unfortunately not. The problem is that I have just 1 bank account - HSBC and the balance at the time of application will be around £6000. Also in June, July and August there are regular credits of £1000 every month.

What I was thinking is that I get my dad to sponsor me initially as there is close to £4500 in his account as liquid cash and another £10,000 on fixed deposits. As I am single and also have a job offer, will that pose to be a problem.

Also if I show my bank statement for the period I claimed my points on earning (December 2005 - November 2006) will that help. Or do they need the current one.

Please kindly advise
as per my knowledge youll have to show your bank statements. dont you have any other account which has less amount and has been minimally active?

Please would you advise
Thanks

My TimeLine:

Regards,

aj_sp_007

~J~

Post by ~J~ » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:28 am

sorry freetomingle i am unable to advice you any further as i strongly feel that one has to show their bank statement irrespective of more funds or less.

you may check with VFS guys or shoot an email to Chennai.VisaEnquiry@fco.gov.uk just asking whether bank statements are mandatory cos i have never come across anyone applying for visa without submitting bank statements.

all the best!

freetomingle

Post by freetomingle » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:36 am

Thanks anyway. I shall of course be applying from Calcutta.

VFS did advise my dad that the bank statements should come either from the applicant or from anyone who is acting as sponsor. But I just wanted to double check.

Finally, do you think this will be an issue.
~J~ wrote:sorry freetomingle i am unable to advice you any further as i strongly feel that one has to show their bank statement irrespective of more funds or less.

you may check with VFS guys or shoot an email to Chennai.VisaEnquiry@fco.gov.uk just asking whether bank statements are mandatory cos i have never come across anyone applying for visa without submitting bank statements.

all the best!

~J~

Post by ~J~ » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:20 am

then just give your father's bank statement and show yourself as completely dependent on him as you are a student.
freetomingle wrote:Thanks anyway. I shall of course be applying from Calcutta.

VFS did advise my dad that the bank statements should come either from the applicant or from anyone who is acting as sponsor. But I just wanted to double check.

~J~ wrote:sorry freetomingle i am unable to advice you any further as i strongly feel that one has to show their bank statement irrespective of more funds or less.

all the best!

freetomingle

Post by freetomingle » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:55 pm

Thanks.

I shall anyway write to the High Commission and confirm anyway.

I shall keep you posted as well.

Many thanks
~J~ wrote:then just give your father's bank statement and show yourself as completely dependent on him as you are a student.

all the best!

aandc
Newly Registered

Post by aandc » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:32 am

~J~ wrote:i also sent an email and i get the automated out of office reply.
yeah aandc i think the tracking service must be having some problem. was your passport couriered to your place? in how many days? i applied on 17th oct at bangalore.
Yes, passport was couriered to me. I applied on the 3rd of Oct at VFS Bangalore and got it back on the 26th.

lunaticzombie

Re: EC Application - My Findings

Post by lunaticzombie » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:36 pm

I have two queries regarding the funds:
1. how much fund and for how long should you have the funds in your Account? I mean If I get approved my load today then would I be able to apply for EC in next week?
2. Can we show insurance, PF, PPF and other savings in funds?

freetomingle

Further help required

Post by freetomingle » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:40 pm

Hi,

I shall be applying for EC from India very soon.

I have the following queries on the particular section of the VAF 2 Form:

a) Have you ever been refused visa to the UK? - Ifirst came to the UK On a Working Holiday and early this year on a Student Visa. However, I was refused a HSMP initial application thrice before finally getting approval last month. So what should I write there. Is an initial in-country application for HSMP regarded as visa refusal. Please clarify

b) Have you made any application to the Home Office in the last 10 years for Leave to Remain in the UK - Again what should I say here. I first applied for a HSMP in September 2006. Will my previous applications to the home office for initial HSMP approval be counted towards applications for leave to remain. Please clarify my queries asap.

Thanks

~J~ wrote:then just give your father's bank statement and show yourself as completely dependent on him as you are a student.

all the best!

~J~

Re: Further help required

Post by ~J~ » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:53 am

a) Have you ever been refused visa to the UK? - Ifirst came to the UK On a Working Holiday and early this year on a Student Visa. However, I was refused a HSMP initial application thrice before finally getting approval last month. So what should I write there. Is an initial in-country application for HSMP regarded as visa refusal. Please clarify
No. Initial approvals are not considered as Visa application.

b) Have you made any application to the Home Office in the last 10 years for Leave to Remain in the UK - Again what should I say here. I first applied for a HSMP in September 2006. Will my previous applications to the home office for initial HSMP approval be counted towards applications for leave to remain. Please clarify my queries asap.
Was your HSMP approved in 2006? were you an incountry applicant?

Thanks

all the best!

freetomingle

VAF 2 Form query - please help

Post by freetomingle » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:18 am

Hi,

a) Have you ever been refused visa to the UK? - I first came to the UK On a Working Holiday and early this year on a Student Visa. However, I was refused a HSMP initial application thrice before finally getting approval last month. So what should I write there. Is an initial in-country application for HSMP regarded as visa refusal. Please clarify

Thanks

all the best!

andy2007

Post by andy2007 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:50 pm

Hi Guys,

I have one small query. Do the latest pay slips submitted for EC necessarily have to be attested by employer.

My last employer may not provide that :(

Thanks in advance,
Andy

kumarmaj
Newly Registered

Got EC....Interview questions asked.

Post by kumarmaj » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:41 am

Today, I received my passport with HSMP visa stamped for Two years.

This forum had been of immense helpduring the entire process and I would like to Thank everyone contributing to the noble cause.

The BHC called me for an Interview in Mumbai.

Below are the questions asked,

when did u apply :
where did you apply:
what is your company address?
What are the few recent transactions you have shown on the bank statements and why are they made?
when are u promoted?
what is ur direct number @ work station?
what are the office phone numbers?
why did u open the bank account?
Which bank account does the company have?
what is the company employee strenght?
what docs have u submitted for ec?
where will u stay if you don't find an accomidation?
What does your father do?
what is your engineering roll number?
what are the university details?
what is the college name?
what is the name of the hotel in London?
what do u know UK?
what are the companies you have applied for? what is the job role?
how do you spend your regular day at office?
what do you do on weekends?
Travel dates to other countries?
How can I be assured that you will not depend on UK funds?

Thanks and Regards
Kumarmaj

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:34 pm

Hi,

I plan to apply for EC in Dec. Do I need to fill seperate form for my spouse or is just one form (with dependent info) enough?

Regards,
CD

Anthopogon

Post by Anthopogon » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:10 am

Hi CD,
Last edited by Anthopogon on Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reshma

Post by Reshma » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:19 am

Hello Cdraina,
You have to submit seperate application forms for your spouse and kids. What all documents required are clearly explained in the link given by Anthopogon above. Visit that link to see the details.

Best Regards
Reshma

Aug07

Post by Aug07 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:39 am

Do i need to fill separate VAF2 forms for my wife and Child.
I have FLR so I will fill two separate VAF2 forms.

Oh god I m confused with this EC...