ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa from India : Timeline

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

divya.jssingh
Newly Registered

Re: Settlement Visa from India : Timeline

Post by divya.jssingh » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:14 am

Hi Andisha,

Its the 35th working day today -applied on 10/09/2015
Only God knows what are their real timelines.

I have actually started feeling that we are at their mercy: With no real means to track our application - we are just left with hope.

Provided the amount of money they take from us - they do not even bother to upgrade their system so that we get right information at different stages.

VFS has explicitly taken extra money for the SMS intimation and what have I got till date is one sms that too on the very day when I submitted my application at the center.

Anyways we are left with no choice other than waiting for their email that too does not tell whether its been granted or refused.

I hope we get our Visas by tomorrow or by next week.

MeaniiKaur
Newly Registered

Post by MeaniiKaur » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:08 pm

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if someone could help me out??
I applied for my husband to come over to uk from India. His visa was granted and he now has his passport back. The only problem I have is that his visa seems to be valid from 1st January 2016 which means he has to wait just over 2 months to come join me in uk.
Does anyone have any advice on how I can change this? I have already emailed visa application services and they are said "Please be advised that your case has been now escalated. We are now waiting
for a feedback and you will be duly informed about the response we receive
immediately after we get it."
I have no idea what else I can do now??
Does anyone know what it means by "your case has been now escalated. "??
Our son's 3rd birthday is on 1st December and my husband will miss that unless I manage to get it changed in time.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.....

Andisha

Post by Andisha » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:18 pm

divya.jssingh wrote:Hi Andisha,

Its the 35th working day today -applied on 10/09/2015
Only God knows what are their real timelines.

I have actually started feeling that we are at their mercy: With no real means to track our application - we are just left with hope.

Provided the amount of money they take from us - they do not even bother to upgrade their system so that we get right information at different stages.

VFS has explicitly taken extra money for the SMS intimation and what have I got till date is one sms that too on the very day when I submitted my application at the center.

Anyways we are left with no choice other than waiting for their email that too does not tell whether its been granted or refused.

I hope we get our Visas by tomorrow or by next week.

Divya exactly! It's all a money making business. I don't mind waiting another 1-2 months as long as we get positive outcomes. It's nice to have this ...we can talk with people in similar situations otherwise nobody would understand how horrible this process is! Good luck to you and everybody :)

vanakkamchennai

Post by vanakkamchennai » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:08 pm

MeaniiKaur wrote:Hi everyone, I was just wondering if someone could help me out??
I applied for my husband to come over to uk from India. His visa was granted and he now has his passport back. The only problem I have is that his visa seems to be valid from 1st January 2016 which means he has to wait just over 2 months to come join me in uk.
Does anyone have any advice on how I can change this? I have already emailed visa application services and they are said "Please be advised that your case has been now escalated. We are now waiting
Our son's 3rd birthday is on 1st December and my husband will miss that unless I manage to get it changed in time.
This is the first time I am hearing anything like this. It is worth calling them. The numbers are: 0300 123 2241, which is an UK number with £1.37 per min rate. India number is available in https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com

All the best.
30JUN15–Online application
06JUL15-Biometrics
04SEP15-Refused
07SEP15-Appealed
08SEP15-Docs sent
12OCT15-appeal letter issued
09NOV15-Overturned
18NOV15-Passport submited
20NOV15–New IHS Payment done
08DEC15-Passport collected

MeaniiKaur
Newly Registered

Post by MeaniiKaur » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:06 pm

vanakkamchennai wrote:
MeaniiKaur wrote:Hi everyone, I was just wondering if someone could help me out??
This is the first time I am hearing anything like this. It is worth calling them. The numbers are: 0300 123 2241, which is an UK number with £1.37 per min rate. India number is available in https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com

All the best.
Thank you for your help. I have already tried that number and email them as well but I'm not getting any responses off anyone. It's annoying because he already has the visa but just seems to be in January for some reason. Mine seems to be an isolated case. Anyone I talk to says that they have never heard of this happening before.

vanakkamchennai

Post by vanakkamchennai » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:11 pm

Try the contacts available in: https://www.gov.uk/government/world/org ... er-chennai

web.newdelhi@fco.gov.uk

General telephone
+91 (44) 4219 2151

Emergency telephone
+91 (11) 2419 2100 (24 hrs a day)

Fax
+91 (44) 42192322
06JUL15-Biometrics
04SEP15-Refused
07SEP15-Appealed
08SEP15-Docs sent
09NOV15-Overturned

vanakkamchennai

Post by vanakkamchennai » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:14 pm

MeaniiKaur wrote:
vanakkamchennai wrote:

All the best.
Thank you for your help. I have already tried that number and email them as well but I'm not getting any responses off anyone. It's annoying because he already has the visa but just seems to be in January for some reason. Mine seems to be an isolated case. Anyone I talk to says that they have never heard of this happening before.

Don't worry. Look to me that, you can fix this by contacting the embassy. There is an UK number which is free for UK residents, which advices about general immigration queries, mainly for the applicants applying from within UK. You can check with them for general advice on how this problem can be fixed. 03001232253. Other idea is, usually the visa approval letter will have a section on what to do if the 30 day visa expired. Check if there are any numbers or contact details in that section that you can use.
06JUL15-Biometrics
04SEP15-Refused
07SEP15-Appealed
08SEP15-Docs sent
09NOV15-Overturned

pnagesh
Newly Registered

Post by pnagesh » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:26 pm

AKUMAR89 - have you received passport ?

MeaniiKaur
Newly Registered

Post by MeaniiKaur » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:15 pm

I have just found out off my solicitor that 22 visas have been issued so far with dates for next year.
The law changes yet again in November and if you don't come within the new regulations then your visa will be issued for next year. My husband's knowledge of English isn't high enough for the new regulations so we have to wait now until January.
I am going to ring around theses numbers and see if we can get it changed.

Andisha

Post by Andisha » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:45 pm

MeaniiKaur wrote:I have just found out off my solicitor that 22 visas have been issued so far with dates for next year.
The law changes yet again in November and if you don't come within the new regulations then your visa will be issued for next year. My husband's knowledge of English isn't high enough for the new regulations so we have to wait now until January.
I don't get it. You have been issued a visa for next year so why are you worried about his English now? They won't make you do the test again if they have issued the visa

MeaniiKaur
Newly Registered

Post by MeaniiKaur » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:34 pm

Andisha wrote:
MeaniiKaur wrote:I have just found out off my solicitor that 22 visas have been issued so far with dates for next year.
I don't get it. You have been issued a visa for next year so why are you worried about his English now? They won't make you do the test again if they have issued the visa
I applied for my husband in September and the law is set to change in November. My husband's English test will no longer work for the new law so the embassy have issued him the visa now so he doesn't have to do the newer English tests but the visa is on the condition that he isn't allowed over until next year. I'm not worried about his English. I'm worried because our son's birthday is in December and he will miss that.

MeaniiKaur
Newly Registered

Post by MeaniiKaur » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:41 pm

Andisha wrote:
I applied for my husband in September and the law is set to change in November. My husband's English test will no longer work for the new law so the embassy have issued him the visa now so he doesn't have to do the newer English tests but the visa is on the condition that he isn't allowed over until next year. I'm not worried about his English. I'm worried because our son's birthday is in December and he will miss that.

AKUMAR89
Newly Registered

Post by AKUMAR89 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:07 am

pnagesh wrote:AKUMAR89 - have you received passport ?
hi we have got the visa wife received passport today :D :D

Andisha

Post by Andisha » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:19 am

AKUMAR89 wrote:
Congratulations Akumar!!
When can your wife fly out? This year??

pnagesh
Newly Registered

Post by pnagesh » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:30 am

AKUMAR89 wrote:
Hey.. Congrats man... superb news :)

AKUMAR89
Newly Registered

Post by AKUMAR89 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:15 am

Andisha wrote:
AKUMAR89 wrote:
Congratulations Akumar!!
When can your wife fly out? This year??

thanks she has to fly within next few weeks good luck to everyone

pnagesh
Newly Registered

Post by pnagesh » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:05 pm

Divya - can you share if you have any updates on your application please

amahesh3
Newly Registered

Post by amahesh3 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:06 am

rbhatia812 wrote:Been a silent observer of this board for a while. It's been very helpful and I think sharing my experience/timeline below should add to this board's usefulness.

Bit of background - our initial application in May 2015 was rejected as we had missed an email (automatically forwarded to spam) requesting additional documents. We re-applied in August 2015 and the below timeline relates to this application.

Date of Application in VFS Center: 21 August 2015
VFS Center: Chennai
Received at High Commission on: 24 August 2015
Under Processing Start Date on: Not known
Visa Category: Spouse - Settlement Wife
Any interview date: None
Sent to blue dart/ VFS center:
Visa Approval Status: GRANTED
Visa Approval date: 12th October 2015
Total working days: 36 (from date of application, 35 from date when application was received /acknowledged by UKVI)
Received decision made email from UKVI on Monday, 12th October 2015.
Received email from VFS stating processed application received on 12th October 2015.
Passport delivered 13th October 2015

For all those that have applied and are awaiting decisions, I wish you all the best - just remain patient and follow the requirements strictly and you should be okay. Also, please continue to share your experiences and timelines for the benefit of other users and readers of this forum as it really does provide hope.

All the best.
Congrats RBhatia,

Could you please help me by showing employer letter template you submitted.

divya.jssingh
Newly Registered

Post by divya.jssingh » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:04 am

Relieved Finally :)

A great thanks to the Forum and its members.

Time line
BHC - Kolkata
Visa online application submitted: 31/08/2015
Biometrics done: 10/09/2015
Processed email received: 30/10/2015
Collected passport stamp : 02/11/2015
Visa Granted for 33 months.
Initial vignette for 30 days.( 4 days already lapsed :cry: )
Total 35 working days

Wishing Good luck to all who are waiting for their decisions.

vanakkamchennai

Post by vanakkamchennai » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:05 am

amahesh3 wrote:
rbhatia812 wrote:Been a silent observer of this board for a while. It's been very helpful and I think sharing my experience/timeline below should add to this board's usefulness.

Bit of background - our initial application in May 2015 was rejected as we had missed an email (automatically forwarded to spam) requesting additional documents. We re-applied in August 2015 and the below timeline relates to this application.

Date of Application in VFS Center: 21 August 2015
VFS Center: Chennai
Received at High Commission on: 24 August 2015
Under Processing Start Date on: Not known
Visa Category: Spouse - Settlement Wife
Any interview date: None
Sent to blue dart/ VFS center:
Visa Approval Status: GRANTED
Visa Approval date: 12th October 2015
Total working days: 36 (from date of application, 35 from date when application was received /acknowledged by UKVI)
Received decision made email from UKVI on Monday, 12th October 2015.
Received email from VFS stating processed application received on 12th October 2015.
Passport delivered 13th October 2015

For all those that have applied and are awaiting decisions, I wish you all the best - just remain patient and follow the requirements strictly and you should be okay. Also, please continue to share your experiences and timelines for the benefit of other users and readers of this forum as it really does provide hope.

All the best.
Congrats RBhatia,

Could you please help me by showing employer letter template you submitted.

Hi,

My wife's visa was refused and one of the reason mentioned in the refusal letter was the missing letter from the employer. The immigration rule requests the following:

The letter from the employer who issued the payslips confirming:
a. The person’s employment and gross annual salary
b. The length of their employment
c. The period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application and
d. The type of employment (permanent, fixed term contract, or agency)

And I have provided the following letter in company letter head.
To Whom It May Concern
08th September 2015

Dear Sir / Madam
Sub: Letter of employment for UK spouse settlement visa
This letter is to confirm that XXXXXXXXXXXX (employee ID number XXXXXXXX) has been employed on a permanent and ongoing basis at XXXXXXXXXXX Limited in the UK since XXth XXXX XXXX. His role is that of ‘XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX’, and he is paid an annual salary of £XX,XXXX per annum, for working 37 hours per week. I can confirm that we do require XXXXXXX to continue working with us on an ongoing basis. This letter is issued to support XXXXXX’s wife Mrs XXXXXXXXX‘s UK settlement Visa application.

His place of work is:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXX
XXXXX
XXX XXX

His resident address is:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXX
XXXXX
XXX XXX

Should you have any further queries regarding the employment status of XXXX XXXXXX do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely

XXXXX XXXXXXXXX
UK XXXXXXX Site HR Manager
xxxxx.xxxxx@xxxxxxx.com
Phone: +44 xxxxx xxxxxxx

Hope it is helpful.
06JUL15-Biometrics
04SEP15-Refused
07SEP15-Appealed
08SEP15-Docs sent
09NOV15-Overturned

Andisha

Post by Andisha » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:10 am

divya.jssingh wrote:Relieved Finally :)

Time line
BHC - Kolkata
Total 35 working days
Congratulations divya :)

pnagesh
Newly Registered

Post by pnagesh » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:28 am

Time line
BHC - Kolkata
Total 35 working days

Congratulations Divya!!!

Andisha

Post by Andisha » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:32 am

Andisha wrote:

Time line
BHC - Kolkata
Total 35 working days
Congratulations divya :)

I don't know why my message wasn't showing. I said congratulations Divya :)
Good luck to the rest of us!

divya.jssingh
Newly Registered

Post by divya.jssingh » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:15 pm

Thanks guys.

Andisha - You would definitely hear something this week.
All the very best.

Prakash123
Newly Registered

Post by Prakash123 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:11 pm

Hi All,
Below is the time line for my wife visa.

BHC - Chennai
Visa online application submitted: 14/09/2015
Biometrics done: 15/09/2015
Status enquiry - 02/10/2015 - yet to be accessed by ECO
Status enquiry - 08/10/2015 - yet to be accessed by ECO
Status enquiry - 15/10/2015 - yet to be accessed by ECO
Status enquiry - 23/10/2015 - Escalated (although I didn't ask for it. Response received on 27/10/2015 stating that it is within 60 days SLA)
Mail from BHC - 27/10/2015 - Requesting missing bank statement. Couriered same day and received by embassy next day - 28/10/2015
Processed email received: 02/11/2015
Collected passport 02/11/2015 from VFS Chennai (walk in. Didn't wait for text or mail from VFS).
Initial vignette for 30 days valid from 02/11/2015

Total 31 working days

Good luck to everyone.