ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:16 pm

Good to hear from ya Faisel :D

My missus applied on 30th June 08. Inshallah, shes going tomorrow to the Islamabad VAC to collect her passport.

Inshallah it will be good news.

Try contacting the BHC to see if they can provide an update - inshallah you will hear some positive news soon.

Enjoy the remainder of your stay in Pk. :D

chelsearule
Newly Registered

Post by chelsearule » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:27 pm

Hi Guys, by the grace of god the email I think has worked. My status has changed to Passport ready to be collected.

Mrs is going tomorrow to collect her passport so now I'm a bit nervous but hopefully all should be well. Thank you all for your continuous support.

lovebird786

Post by lovebird786 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:59 pm

good luck to all of u who r going tomorow, i hope u al get positive news. im still waiting, nothing changed, its been 10 weeks n 2 days, is there anyone else waiting as long as me?

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:02 pm

ChelseaRule - thats simply fantastic news bro - well happy for ya .... we both now nervous awaiting the outcome !! :D

Btw - let your missus now that the Visa Collection times are between 12pm & 3pm Pakistan time.

Good luck to you & everyone inshallah (including me!!!) :D

sohail123

Post by sohail123 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:30 pm

hi there

good news chelsearule

so it now 3 of us playiong waiting game 2morrow, i sincerly pray for all , inshallah all 3 of us will egt positive results 2morrow, i couldnt sleep last night, i dont think ill be able to do that 2night either

lets see who gives the good news first inshallah

saiqabb

Post by saiqabb » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:04 pm

Hi guyz uv all got gud news hpefully ul have the visas tmrw.I can't wait nemore my hubby applied on the 17th July so i hope i hear sumtin soon.My hubbys goin tmrw to check so we'l have to wait and see if the passports back or not.

sohail123

Post by sohail123 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:29 am

hi people

i am sat here waiting a phone call from my wife to give me the good news,my heart is beating like engine pistols

:roll:

sohail123

Post by sohail123 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:10 am

hi people

oahmed, chelsearule, and the rest, hi there

just to let u know the alhamdulillah my wife has been granted visa , it was stamped on the 2nd september. Thanks to Allah
Inshallah i will pray for u as well

I am over the moon, seems happiest day of my life

chelsearule
Newly Registered

Post by chelsearule » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:16 am

Good news mate I am very happy for you. My wife is in still waiting her turn to collect her passport as the ISL office was closed so many people have turned up. Inshallah she will collect it today otherwise another day and a return tomorrow.

Oahmed any news mate.

A bet the feeling you have at the moment Sohail must be exhilarating.

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:19 am

Hi All,

My wifes visa has been refused!! Im absolutely gutted. :cry:
I am waiting for details & will let you know.

Congratulations Sohail - im delighted for you, hope you and your wife are blessed withjoy and happiness :D

ali_88
Newly Registered

Post by ali_88 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:44 am

hi everyone im jus another person who is in the same boat as all of u i have been reading this forum since then but only joint now it does give me some hope.

i applied for my wifes visa on the 14th july 2008 and have no reply, website never seems to change this wait is taking its tol on me and my wife. is ther any1 else who applied on or around the same date as me in islamabad?

oahmed im sorry to hear about ur visa being rejected. have you found out what they refused u on? as im worried now

saiqabb

Post by saiqabb » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:49 am

Congratz Sohail u must be really happy and relived.Oahmed bless u inshllah evrytn will be alright soon.Let us knw y they refused.Chelsearule let us knw wht hapnz wid ur visa kp us updtd if u hear netin today....So it took sohail 2whole months.My hubby applied on the 17th July in Mirpur so letz hope we hear 4rm them soon im getting abit worried now because Oahmed has been refused and what if the same happens with us.

sohail123

Post by sohail123 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:14 am

hello

sorry to hear oahmed, can u tell us why it was refused, amd chelsearule keep us updated pls

thanks everyone for ur prayers

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:53 am

My wifes visa was rejected for 2 reasons -

Insufficient accomodation details - even though I provided land registry details. They want evidence thats its got enough room.

Employers info inaccurate - i made an error in the docs with my employers details, this is my fault but Im sorting that now by getting a new letter from my employer.

Can someone please tell me who needs to verify the house details, I been told its the local council ?? is this correct ?? if so how long do they take please

ali_88
Newly Registered

Post by ali_88 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:05 pm

oahmed the papers for accomidation i had wer done by an estate agent saying how many rooms i have in my house and how big they r. they charge abt 50 quid or less

can i ask what was ur mistake with the employer?

maj97

Post by maj97 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:19 pm

oh oahmed so sorri to hear that. i had my accomodation papers drawn up by the solicitor she came round and inspected the house and the wrote a letter confirming that we had enough room. she charged us £92.00.

hum786

Post by hum786 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:21 pm

Oahmed,

Sorry to hear about t he refusal dont worry you'll get there one day. Ok you need to contact your local authority and ask them that you want a immigration inspection carried out in your house. the person will come and make a note of the number of ppl in the house and the number of bedrooms etc etc......

He will then generate a letter for the BHC explaining whether the property is fit for human habitation and the number of occupants present. ie the number of permitted persons who are allowed to reside in the house.

If you need more help let me know i work for the local council too and have plenty experince in this aspect.

cheers,

xxx

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:45 pm

Thx all for your support - it means alot to me.

Hum786 - I live with my folks & thats where my missus will stay ... I also own two other properties which have tenants, all legal etc.

On my docs I stated that me & my wife would stay at one of these houses but didnt state that they are currently rented.

Whats happens in this situation?? will the immigration inspection state that the houses (other than where I live) have tenants???

Please advise asap as Im trying to get these docs together asap so I can appeal the decision.

Appreciate your assistance.

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:59 pm

I been told the criteria is as follows:

the property they intend to live in has been inspected
the property is acceptable for occupation under the Housing Act 2004
the property will not become overcrowded if they live there

Will the same information supplied from an estate agents be ok ?????

chelsearule
Newly Registered

Post by chelsearule » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:54 pm

Guys I am very pleased to say that my wife was granted a visa today. Thank you all for your support with out this forum I don't know what I would of done.
oahmed very sorry to hear the news, not to worry it's small details that they picked up on. All I gave was an explanation of my house and said that there was plenty of room. If you go down the official channels and have some thing solid you should be fine. Hopefully we will hear some good news for you and everyone else that is waiting.
Inshallah

Thank you all one again.

sohail123

Post by sohail123 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:13 pm

congrats chelsearule

i am very happy for u, May Allah both of u a happy couple here amd also in the life after

now the last wait, inshallah will be over in about 2 weeks as well

so when ur wife planning to come over

chelsearule
Newly Registered

Post by chelsearule » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:15 pm

14 September, we have family coming back to London so she will be hopefully coming with them. How about you when is your wife travelling?

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:17 pm

ChelseaRule - thats fantastic news, well happy for you :D Hope you and your wife have a fab life together :D

hum786

Post by hum786 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:27 pm

Oahmed,

Just state in the immigration letter where you and wife will be residing ie if your living with your parents and there is enough room for wife to live. show that address and ask the officer to do an inspection in that house.

clearly stating that the house is free from hazards
shall not become overcrowded
is permitted for 9 persons to live in (example)
is suitable under the housing act 2004

No need to show the other rented houses. BHC need a letter where you are present not your future plans ie as you may move out later on.

It would help if you can get all the names of the ppl living in the house on the letter and then send it to the BHC. Local authority charge you 94.00pound.

Good Luck!

xx

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:27 pm

Hi All,

Update from me.

Well its not been a pretty day but theres not alot i can do but to remain positive and get the requirements they need.

It is frustrating as the points they refused on, i had supplied adequate information to cover these points off. Infact they have actually mislaid a couple of the docs which is annoying me immensely as they said they never got them.

I have 19 days to submit the docs in an appeal so inshallah they will address my 2 failure points.

Then I will have to wait for the response.

They seem to be have been very specific & scrutinised everything so my advise to anyone is to ensure that everything is provided!!

I'll continue to remain patient, it is difficult i aint gonna lie, but I pray that I and everyone else will inshallah get positive responses eventually.

Please remember me in your duas. :)