ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ash2006
United Kingdom

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by ash2006 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:08 pm

TO Ronz

the only thing it said was deferred and doing further enquires on employment and income, so it takes them 5 months to do this, there just making escuses in my opinion, then on the bottom of the letter it states if you wish to have your passport back while application is on hold, doesnt make sense, they havent even clearly explained anything, it just random copy and paste that people been getting regarding not meeting income threshold but if i know i do, i have a right to be vocal about it, now my damn mp also think im on hold just like many others due to the email i sent him i received yday but he doesnt know they missed out a word in the sentence while copy and paste,
Spouse Visa
Entered UK 10/06/14
Flrm applied Feb 2017
Expires 19 August 2019
Ilr application submitted 17/07/2019
Appointment bio metric super priority-31 July 2019

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:48 pm

ash2006 wrote:TO Ronz

the only thing it said was deferred and doing further enquires on employment and income, so it takes them 5 months to do this, there just making escuses in my opinion, then on the bottom of the letter it states if you wish to have your passport back while application is on hold, doesnt make sense, they havent even clearly explained anything, it just random copy and paste that people been getting regarding not meeting income threshold but if i know i do, i have a right to be vocal about it, now my damn mp also think im on hold just like many others due to the email i sent him i received yday but he doesnt know they missed out a word in the sentence while copy and paste,
Brother,
if you do want to do something about this then, gather copies of the payslips, bank statements and the employment letter that you sent with your application. Write a detailed letter explaining and proving to your MP that how you DO MEET the financial requirements and ask MP to chase it up. Apart from waiting this is only thing you can do.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:16 pm

To Hope12

Congratulations !

To Ash2006

I see what you mean. It looks like that they sent you the letter just to let you know your application is on hold. And they probably havent requested further documents because you have submitted all documents that are required and they are just convinced that you do not meet the income requirement.

There is no pleasing BHC.

So what you gonna do next?
Submitted Application: Feb 2012
Application Refused: Jul 2012
Appealed: Unsuccessfull
Reapplied: 27th Sep 2013
Application hold - Jan 2014
RFC: 26th August 2014
Result: Alhamdulillah Visa Granted - All thanks to Allah and your prayers

ash2006
United Kingdom

Post by ash2006 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:31 pm

ALWAYSHOPE wrote:To Hope12

Congratulations !

To Ash2006

I see what you mean. It looks like that they sent you the letter just to let you know your application is on hold. And they probably havent requested further documents because you have submitted all documents that are required and they are just convinced that you do not meet the income requirement.

There is no pleasing BHC.

So what you gonna do next?

see if that was the case then they would of send me via email or letter exactly why they do not think i dont meet income threshold requirements and other issue that they may have, and then they say the have me hold, all they done is letter i got three weeks ago from mp to my address said it further checks etc and that why it been defered and ''IF you do not meet the requirements'' they have not actually said i do not meet the requiremnts but the email i got yesterday probably when they copy and paste it they missed out ''IF''

i dont know what to do, i think im gonna have to go and see my mp in person etc show him my payslips that i gave, i gave 9 months wage slips and bank statements that the funny thing more than enough, 1600 earning with tax deducted i have £1323.24 , i pay tax etc, so no real valid reasons on there side of things, some people have been on hold but they been actually told why, i have not been given perfect acceptable reasons of why if it is on hold
Spouse Visa
Entered UK 10/06/14
Flrm applied Feb 2017
Expires 19 August 2019

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:47 pm

The best thing you can do is ask them why you are hold.

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:01 pm

To Ash2006

Because you received the email after 3 weeks of letter, it is likely that they put you on hold because the email you received latest, but the question really is for what reason are you on hold?

You say you meet the requirement, yet they put you on hold. I mean everyone else on this forum whose been on hold had reasons given to them and extra time to submit further documents.

Honestly i wouldnt know what to do in your shoes, but speak to your MP and if your MP doesnt help, then contact them yourself asking them is your application on hold or not, if yes for what reason, they surely should reply to this email.

akhan47

Post by akhan47 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:08 pm

Safikazmi12 wrote:Salam,
On this timeline i want to share my own story,
Application submit city: Abudhabi
Submit Date: 7 April2013
RFC: 9 April 2013
Result was refusal because minimum income requirement was not fulfill.
Then i came back to Pakistan because my job was finished there.
I make fresh application from Islamabad.
Submit Date: 20 Jan 2014
Status: Application forwarded to Islamabad OC on 20 January 2013.
Still no status change about application that it will under process at BHC.
So anyone who is same situation can tell me what is expected days normally they take to change status.
My wife applied on 20th January in Islamabad too. On the same day my wife got a text saying forwarded to Islamabad OC. Then on 31st January she got an email saying application is under process at BHC but no text.
Applied in Islamabad: 03/07/12
Refused: 14/11/12
Appealed: 26/11/12
Court Date: 02/09/2013
Appeal Unsuccessful.
Re-applied in Islamabad: 20/01/2014
Refused: 15/09/14
Court Date: 09/05/2015
Appeal allowed.
Awaiting call letter.

ash2006
United Kingdom

Post by ash2006 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:11 pm

ALWAYSHOPE wrote:To Ash2006

Because you received the email after 3 weeks of letter, it is likely that they put you on hold because the email you received latest, but the question really is for what reason are you on hold?

You say you meet the requirement, yet they put you on hold. I mean everyone else on this forum whose been on hold had reasons given to them and extra time to submit further documents.

Honestly i wouldnt know what to do in your shoes, but speak to your MP and if your MP doesnt help, then contact them yourself asking them is your application on hold or not, if yes for what reason, they surely should reply to this email.
the letter i got three weeks ago had no actually mention of hold only till the last line of the letter if you want your passport back while application is on hold i guess you must and others must be familiar with that line, therefore since they havent gave ME AN ACTUAL REASon ON EXACTLY what purpose im on hold if i am on hold i dont know what to think, normally they mention it as refusal and on my documents i got no mention of any refusal
Spouse Visa
Entered UK 10/06/14
Flrm applied Feb 2017
Expires 19 August 2019

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:49 pm

ash2006 wrote:to SAF786

did they actually give a reason on why you were on hold and not just that copy AND paste template
They did give reasons.. Something about my tax papers, my self employment number and statements but I sent all required documents ... After that all my emails just say it's in progress or will been seen by an officer on its turn

ash2006
United Kingdom

Post by ash2006 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:00 pm

see that why i dont think im fully on hold cause people actually get reasons where all i been really getting if you do not meet the requirements templates
Spouse Visa
Entered UK 10/06/14
Flrm applied Feb 2017
Expires 19 August 2019

aneesa786

Post by aneesa786 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:09 pm

ash2006 wrote:see that why i dont think im fully on hold cause people actually get reasons where all i been really getting if you do not meet the requirements templates
From what you're saying, to me it doesn't actually seem like you are on hold. It was just a standard response to all applicants letting you know about possible scenarios to make people stop bombarding them with emails all the time. I think your MP has read too much into it and thought it's directly aimed at you. I know Pakistani applicants take longer than the rest of the world by the looks of it but we all need to have some sabr and be patient and wait to hear about our own applications/ or our spouses in my case. Because so many people have been bombarding them they've even resulted in sending standard response to MPs now ,so that route is no longer any good to genuine cases that have been mishandled now. If they put you on hold as so many people have said, they first contact you asking for further evidence in order to see if you fit the criteria. To give you that opportunity. In your case they haven't. So in my opinion that isn't the case
Centre: Islamabad
Online application: 20/12/13
Submitted: 30/12/13
Forwarded to ISB OC: 30/12/13
Under process at BHC : 13/01/14
Call for RFC: 24/06/14
Outcome: Visa Granted Alhamdulillah

aneesa786

Post by aneesa786 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:21 pm

Also any communication about the applications will be sent by email (n SMS if we have paid n registered for it) so therefore if people don't keep emailing them they will not confuse a standard email reply to their chaser email, and the actual official communication update on the actual specific application. A lot of people in this forum have been writing about constantly emailing them to the point they stop getting responses n resort to using a different email address. If the BHC didn't have to spend time dealing with possibly the hundreds of emails they receive, they may have more time to assess the actual applications. They make it clear in the responses they can't give specific timescales. And at application you get told you'll be contacted by email if anything is required or if it's complete. Patience is what we all need. In Shaa Allah the visas will be granted

ash2006
United Kingdom

Post by ash2006 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:44 pm

TO Amneesa

yes you have valid points and thats what i think but it confusing the whole thing is for me and stressed out as well as my wife back in pakistan, i know there some people who have waited longer but i know i have met the income threshold requirements personally so i do tend to get frustrated, im not gonna do anything for a few weeks and see what they say
Spouse Visa
Entered UK 10/06/14
Flrm applied Feb 2017
Expires 19 August 2019

aneesa786

Post by aneesa786 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:50 pm

Lol I think this whole process is making everyone tear their hair out so trust me. We all understand your frustration

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:10 pm

To Ash2006

On 2nd thoughts i think Aneesa's right it is likely that your not on hold and you should hear soon. If you dont hear from them in a while then contact them. The letter you received from MP sounds like a standard template reply especially where it states If you want passport back while application is on hold. Most the text on letters and emails are templates therefore confuses people.

Try not to get stressed. Stress doesnt help, but makes things worse.

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:18 pm

aneesa786 wrote:Also any communication about the applications will be sent by email (n SMS if we have paid n registered for it) so therefore if people don't keep emailing them they will not confuse a standard email reply to their chaser email, and the actual official communication update on the actual specific application. A lot of people in this forum have been writing about constantly emailing them to the point they stop getting responses n resort to using a different email address. If the BHC didn't have to spend time dealing with possibly the hundreds of emails they receive, they may have more time to assess the actual applications. They make it clear in the responses they can't give specific timescales. And at application you get told you'll be contacted by email if anything is required or if it's complete. Patience is what we all need. In Shaa Allah the visas will be granted
Finally am reading something which make sense, rightly said. To some extent we are causing the delays, be patient folkes it wil happen when its meant to happen.

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:26 pm

Help plz,my ip address is banned,with out any warning. any idea where to get help ?
May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:29 pm

ash2006 wrote:TO Amneesa

yes you have valid points and thats what i think but it confusing the whole thing is for me and stressed out as well as my wife back in pakistan, i know there some people who have waited longer but i know i have met the income threshold requirements personally so i do tend to get frustrated, im not gonna do anything for a few weeks and see what they say
Don't get me wrong when i say this, yu see everyone on this forum thinks perhaps i should say believe they meet financial requirements and have given prove of it but still we are seeing so many people are being put on hold. Honestly speaking majority of those people do actually fall below the requirement, be it a missing payslip or bank statement or tax paid receipt etc etc.

In your case it could just be an error email sent to you by mistake and its not a first time that bhc has made a mistake, don't stress and wait for awhile.

Zazam

Post by Zazam » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:36 pm

Does anyone know if u have a missing wage slip or if it's less due to a valid reason maternity leave is that ok? Or would they question it
... Rubbish

ash2006
United Kingdom

Post by ash2006 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:48 pm

Zazam wrote:Does anyone know if u have a missing wage slip or if it's less due to a valid reason maternity leave is that ok? Or would they question it

tbh missing wage slip they will question it and give you a problems pretty sure about that as some people on this forum have experienced and if you earned less in one month that could be a problem as well as correct me if im wrong anyway but the wage slips should be 6 months *or more if u wnt) no gaps with earnings of £1550 per month mininum
Spouse Visa
Entered UK 10/06/14
Flrm applied Feb 2017
Expires 19 August 2019

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:55 am

Thank you for your e-mail of 05 February 2013.
Your application for settlement has been received by this office and is currently on hold because on 5 July 2013, the High Court in the UK handed down its judgment in a Judicial Review of the minimum income threshold for spouses/partners and children applying in the family route. Having reviewed the judgment, the UK Home Secretary has decided to pursue an appeal to the Court of Appeal (and has asked for this to be expedited).
The Home Office has therefore temporarily 'paused' decision-making on some spouse/partner and child settlement visa and leave to remain applications. This may be for several months at least. More information about this hold on decisions is set out on our website.
Documents that we received from your sponsor in October last year, have already been examined by the dealing officer.
I apologise for the inconvenience this will cause you and your family. We will contact you again shortly with more information regarding your application. Please refrain from further correspondence with us during this time.

Yours sincerely,

Now I'm a bit more clear on what's happening co it's definatly on hold.
Can someone plz just help me in deciding.. Is there any point waiting for the hearing next month which yea we no it may take ages yet or is should we just withdraw it ? I mean have we got any chance if we wait as we r on hold ?

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:01 am

Zazam wrote:Does anyone know if u have a missing wage slip or if it's less due to a valid reason maternity leave is that ok? Or would they question it
Missing payslip for whatever reason wil delay things. The financial requirement section does not just stop at payslips, slight error in bank statments or work letter or even a less figure on previous p60 could easily lead to HOld.

Am i wrong to assume maternity leave if much longer than just one month??

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:05 am

saf786 wrote:Thank you for your e-mail of 05 February 2013.
Your application for settlement has been received by this office and is currently on hold because on 5 July 2013, the High Court in the UK handed down its judgment in a Judicial Review of the minimum income threshold for spouses/partners and children applying in the family route. Having reviewed the judgment, the UK Home Secretary has decided to pursue an appeal to the Court of Appeal (and has asked for this to be expedited).
The Home Office has therefore temporarily 'paused' decision-making on some spouse/partner and child settlement visa and leave to remain applications. This may be for several months at least. More information about this hold on decisions is set out on our website.
Documents that we received from your sponsor in October last year, have already been examined by the dealing officer.
I apologise for the inconvenience this will cause you and your family. We will contact you again shortly with more information regarding your application. Please refrain from further correspondence with us during this time.

Yours sincerely,

Now I'm a bit more clear on what's happening co it's definatly on hold.
Can someone plz just help me in deciding.. Is there any point waiting for the hearing next month which yea we no it may take ages yet or is should we just withdraw it ? I mean have we got any chance if we wait as we r on hold ?
Thats a shame, yu must know by now why yu dont meet the financial requirements, do not mind me asking, what did they ask for and what extra documents did yu submit?

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:17 am

I have mentioned before ... Tax papers, my self employment number and my previous 12 months bank statements which I submitted in October .. Don't know what happens after this

issysaj19
Newly Registered

Post by issysaj19 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:40 am

salam

has anyone applied through exemption rules and had there visa granted!