ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cypriotExpat
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by cypriotExpat » Fri May 02, 2014 5:19 pm

mian2014 wrote:Happy to have my good news today as i read this time lines every day and think of mine application always
So guys my time is as below
sent application EEA2 marriage route on ....09 march 2014(i am Pakistani and wife is Lithuanian) married in January 2014
got my acknowledgement letter and COA on.... 16 march 2014
and today 30 April received passports with RC and also EEA1 certificates
RC issued on....21 April
received on.... 30 April 2014
Thanks to Almighty Allah
i was expecting it like to be back in 4 to 6 months and is totally opposite So Again Thanks to Almighty Allah
and i wish for every one to be successful in their Application as soon as possible becoz i know how its tense until u get back your parcel from home office
Personally my own experience is this Forum is very very helpful and i only follow this forum and didn't run after a solicitor to waste my money so PLZ GUYS don't go to solicitors until u get a negative reply from home office and follow this forum and send your application by yourself
Many Many thanks to guys who make this forum and participants.cheeeeeeeeers
Hi mian2014,
Congratulations on getting your RC so quickly. I have a question if you could help me. We will apply for an EEA2 in june right after we get maried. Have you included anything else with your application other than your marriage certificate? since we will apply right after getting married we are thinking of providing more information of our relationship we have been together for 3 years and living together for the last 2 years. Please do let me know what you included in your application it would be very helpful.
I am a cypriot citizen my husband is pakistani and we are applying as employed married.

Thanks for your help

OLUMUYIWA
- thin ice -

Post by OLUMUYIWA » Sat May 03, 2014 8:35 pm

Hello Everyone, after a 6-month long wait, i am happy to inform members of this forum that i am now a proud bearer of a shiny new RESIDENCE CARD!!!! The wait was frustrating, considering we had to relocate to another EU country for 5 months in order to explore the Surinder Singh route, then came the 6 month application phase, where other people's turn around time was 2-3 months. Phew! But all Glory to almighty God who has set me free in his infinite mercies.

Here is my timeline for EEA2 application-

Application sent: November 2nd, 2013 ( Surinder-Singh route)
Certificate of Application received: November 21st 2013
Interview at Liverpool : April 08, 2014
Residence card issued: April 14th, 2014
Residence Card received: May 03, 2014

Much respect to all the Gurus on this forum, and many thanks to everyone who has contributed one way or the other during my days of struggle. To everyone still waiting for their Residence Cards, I say "A luta Continua"!!
Its my sincere wish that you will find favor in the eyes of your case-worker, and you will come back here to give testimonies.

Now i have booked my first holiday in a decade.......LET THE FREEDOM BEGIN!!!!

diddy
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by diddy » Sat May 03, 2014 11:18 pm

[fantasy is what we want but reality is what we need]

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Sun May 04, 2014 2:17 am

Congratulations OLUMUYIWA!! Can I ask which EU country you went to and were you/your partner employed? What nationality are you?
Enjoy your well earned freedom :D
Moved to Ireland: Feb 13
UK FP: Granted November 13
Ireland RC: Granted Feb 14
Returned to the UK: Feb 14
Applied for EEA2: 18th March 14
EEA2 Rejected: October 14 (re-submitted docs)
EEA2 Granted: December 14 (valid till 2019!)

OLUMUYIWA
- thin ice -

Post by OLUMUYIWA » Sun May 04, 2014 10:30 am

[quote="Jellybean105"]Congratulations OLUMUYIWA!! Can I ask which EU country you went to and were you/your partner employed? What nationality are you?
Enjoy your well earned freedom :D[/quote]

Thanks Jellybean.

We went to Ireland and my partner was in employment. My partner is British/ Nigerian and i am Nigerian.

Samermikhail
Newly Registered

Post by Samermikhail » Sun May 04, 2014 4:24 pm

hello
if any one can help in my case that will be great
I've got married in 15 of Nov . 2013 my wife is Italian applied for the EAA2 Application next day after 2 weeks or 3 i received the COA after 4 month i received a letter from the home office to go to Liverpool we went till now we r waiting is that normal ???

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sun May 04, 2014 4:35 pm

Yeah. It sounds quite normal. Did you have an interview at the HO offices in Liverpool?

Don't forget it can take up to 6 months to issues a residence card (and more if they deem it necessary - despite what the law says).

Don't worry too much. Take it easy. Start to contact them at 6 months.

Take care
C

akashdeep.john
Newly Registered

Post by akashdeep.john » Tue May 06, 2014 4:55 am

EEA2 Self sufficient married couple

Sent: 14/01/2014
Received:15/01/2014
Acknowledgment: 17/01/2014 dated 16/01/2014
COA received: 24/01/2014 dated 21/01/2014 ( right to work )
RC: Still pending

I have few questions regarding my Case.
We applied EEA2 as self sufficient and my wife didn't have job at that time.
Now she has Permanent job already,should i send her Job contract to boost the process .It will help or not?

Thanks in advance

tialad2003
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by tialad2003 » Tue May 06, 2014 2:09 pm

Hi everyone,

I applied last year for a residence card but then unfortuntely during the process my EEA national husband was extradited to go and serve a prison sentence. i submitted an appeal and its ongoing.
He has started workig again and we intend to resubmit in a few weeks time.
I have been reading through peoples comments and it noe appears that almost everyone is either being called for an interview or recieveing a suprise visit from the UKBA.
I also believe that these interviews and visits are targeted at certain nationalities(IMO).
Either way, best of Luck to everyone applying at this time.

Cheers!

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Tue May 06, 2014 2:17 pm

tialad2003 wrote:Hi everyone,

I have been reading through peoples comments and it noe appears that almost everyone is either being called for an interview or recieveing a suprise visit from the UKBA.
I also believe that these interviews and visits are targeted at certain nationalities(IMO).
What nationalities would you say they are targeting? Even those under surrinder singh cases?
Moved to Ireland: Feb 13
UK FP: Granted November 13
Ireland RC: Granted Feb 14
Returned to the UK: Feb 14
Applied for EEA2: 18th March 14
EEA2 Rejected: October 14 (re-submitted docs)
EEA2 Granted: December 14 (valid till 2019!)

tialad2003
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by tialad2003 » Tue May 06, 2014 2:20 pm

mostly african and europeans.

akon
Newly Registered

Post by akon » Tue May 06, 2014 4:47 pm

Hi guys, I have a question.
Me (Sril Lankan) and my wife (Polish) applied as self-sufficient. We got refusal. As I understood from the papers there was something messed up with the documents - they think my wife lives in Poland. She is on maternity leave but she lives with me in UK. I would like to apply again (not appeal - apply). But they retain my passport. Can I apply and provide separate sheet with an explanation that my passport has been retained concerning the case number XYZ? I am also planning to provide another paper with addresses of people who can confirm that she lives with me (i.e. our flat agency, GP where she is registered, children's centre where she is attending with our baby three times weekly) and our neighbours. You think it will work?

Ali12035
Germany

Post by Ali12035 » Tue May 06, 2014 6:07 pm

Hello all the senior members,

I applied for EEA2 in 9 March 2014
COA Received on 19 MARCH 2014
My Wife got her EEA1 i n person in Feb 2014 which we submitted

Home office call her employer on same day when she was at PEO office and they confirmed her employment and HO issue her EEA1 same day.

Do you think that Home office will call again for her employer for job confirmation or treaty of right?

Thank you very much in advance

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Tue May 06, 2014 6:13 pm

I think it is very possible that they will call again. They have the right to check up.

What are you worried about? If she is working there it won't be an issue!

Ali12035
Germany

Post by Ali12035 » Wed May 07, 2014 5:09 pm

chaoclive wrote:I think it is very possible that they will call again. They have the right to check up.

What are you worried about? If she is working there it won't be an issue!
She is working as marketing and flyers but some time office is closed if they call and no reply from office then?

I send them HMRC tax coding notice, 4 payslips 4 bank statement proof that wages are transferd in her bank account, and my solicitor is saying that she have treaty of rights in uk so they can't refuse due to job varification.

Is this true? I am too much worried about that.

Please give me a suggtion that what I should do?

Thanks

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed May 07, 2014 5:18 pm

Perhaps you could try to ask her to find out when the office is normally open and include that information in your application materials if you haven't already applied?

I wouldn't worry too much though. They called on the day she was at the PEO and it was fine. It should be ok again. You're solicitor is also correct, her evidence should probably be enough. If anything happened, you could appeal the decision. Perhaps, you could also get a letter from her employer stating that she is working there? It might be a good idea to have it on hand just in case.

Ali12035
Germany

Post by Ali12035 » Wed May 07, 2014 6:06 pm

chaoclive wrote:Perhaps you could try to ask her to find out when the office is normally open and include that information in your application materials if you haven't already applied?

I wouldn't worry too much though. They called on the day she was at the PEO and it was fine. It should be ok again. You're solicitor is also correct, her evidence should probably be enough. If anything happened, you could appeal the decision. Perhaps, you could also get a letter from her employer stating that she is working there? It might be a good idea to have it on hand just in case.
Thanks for your reply "chaoclive"

I already applied on 9th march 2014 and send them a letter from her employer as well.

Her employer told her that they are closing their office within 2 weeks, what i should do in this situation if HO call them?
Do I need to inform HO for this matter or I need to send them a new employer letter?

thanks

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed May 07, 2014 6:17 pm

Is the office is closing down? Or is it the company that is completely closing down? If your wife is still going to be working for that company but the contact person to 'check up' on her is in another office, I would think it's a good idea to inform the HO. Otherwise, they might call and find that the number is disconnected! Ask your solicitor what he/she thinks about this.

If the company is closing down, I think you might have a problem. That way your wife wouldn't be exercising treaty rights...therefore...Again, your solicitor should have ideas about what you could do.

You must keep in touch with your solicitor and provide all this info to them. I'm not really sure about what to do but if I were your wife, I'd be looking for another job. Try not to have big gaps in her employment (or when she is exercising other treaty rights).

Ali12035
Germany

Post by Ali12035 » Wed May 07, 2014 7:48 pm

chaoclive wrote:Is the office is closing down? Or is it the company that is completely closing down? If your wife is still going to be working for that company but the contact person to 'check up' on her is in another office, I would think it's a good idea to inform the HO. Otherwise, they might call and find that the number is disconnected! Ask your solicitor what he/she thinks about this.

If the company is closing down, I think you might have a problem. That way your wife wouldn't be exercising treaty rights...therefore...Again, your solicitor should have ideas about what you could do.

You must keep in touch with your solicitor and provide all this info to them. I'm not really sure about what to do but if I were your wife, I'd be looking for another job. Try not to have big gaps in her employment (or when she is exercising other treaty rights).
Thanks for reply.

Company is not closing down..
Actually Company owners are partner they are upset each other that's why they don't give time in office....
But i send them all required documents with my application including her EEA1 registration card..

Every thing is fine just may be problem if HO call in office.

dunca

Post by dunca » Sat May 10, 2014 10:40 am

Please does anyone have experience with applying for retention of rights following divorce recently. Via self employed route

What's the time line like.

Thank you

univas01
Nigeria

Post by univas01 » Sat May 10, 2014 8:05 pm

SELF EMPLOYED APPLICATION
EEA2 Application posted : 05-03-2014
Application received: 06-03-2014
Acknowledgement issued: 07-03-2014
COA(right to work) issued: 10-03-2014
Acknowledgment recieved: 13-03-2014
COA received : 17-03-2014
RC received : 10-05-2014 (dated 02-05-2014)

Supporting documents

(I) Covering Letter : Explaining the following issues;
-My wife has personal bank account (not business account) as it is not mandatory by HMRC for self employed person.
-Nearly all her business transactions are on cash basis, hence need for Accountant is not required.
-Her business have been advertised online, yelp.co.uk and yell.com.

(II) Valid Evidence of Identity
-My original passport and,
-Wife's original passport

(III) Evidence of Excercising Treaty Right via Self Employment: Documents include;
-Evidence of NI contributions
-Personal bank statements
-HMRC self assessment forms
-Emails from HMRC
-Invoices/Receipts
-Business Cards
-Flyers

(IV) Evidence of Relationship
-Original marriage certificate (Married in the UK)
-Joint bills

(V) Evidence of living in the UK
-Wife's voters card
_Wife's bills (which are not joint)
-My bank statements (not needed though)

(VI) Recommendation letter from customers ( I added one but I will advice you add atleast two).

I never engaged the services of Solicitor, I gathered all these information and documents required for self employment application from this forum. Then, I have valid visa till ending of the year.

All I can say is, Alhamdulillah, I give thanks to Almighty Allah and wonderful members from this forum. You have been so helpful and Its my pleasure to give back to this forum.

Jalaibi
Pakistan

Post by Jalaibi » Sun May 11, 2014 6:38 pm

univas01 wrote:SELF EMPLOYED APPLICATION

Supporting documents

-My wife has personal bank account (not business account) as it is not mandatory by HMRC for self employed person.
-Nearly all her business transactions are on cash basis, hence need for Accountant is not required.

(III) Evidence of Excercising Treaty Right via Self Employment: Documents include;
-Emails from HMRC
-Invoices/Receipts
-Business Cards
-Flyers

-Joint bills

-Wife's voters card

(VI) Recommendation letter from customers ( I added one but I will advice you add atleast two).

I never engaged the services of Solicitor, I gathered all these information and documents required for self employment application from this forum. Then, I have valid visa till ending of the year.

All I can say is, Alhamdulillah, I give thanks to Almighty Allah and wonderful members from this forum. You have been so helpful and Its my pleasure to give back to this forum.
Congrats, you are lucky to have your visa this much sooner, Could you please state your nationalities ?
We Rise By Lifting Others - Robert Ingersoll

univas01
Nigeria

Post by univas01 » Mon May 12, 2014 3:25 pm

Jalaibi wrote:
univas01 wrote:SELF EMPLOYED APPLICATION

Supporting documents

-Emails from HMRC
-Invoices/Receipts
-Business Cards
-Flyers

-Joint bills

-Wife's voters card

Congrats, you are lucky to have your visa this much sooner, Could you please state your nationalities ?
I'm Nigerian while she's Portuguese.

Unconito
Newly Registered

Post by Unconito » Tue May 13, 2014 4:28 pm

Hii Everyone, I am so happy as got my RC this morning

married couple

applied 31/03/2014
COA 6/04/2014
RC issued 7/05/2014
received 13/05/2014
it was super fast 5 weeks

I wish all the best luck to everyone

Alhamdolilah

Jalaibi
Pakistan

Post by Jalaibi » Tue May 13, 2014 8:01 pm

Unconito wrote:Hii Everyone, I am so happy as got my RC this morning

married couple

applied 31/03/2014
COA 6/04/2014
RC issued 7/05/2014
received 13/05/2014
it was super fast 5 weeks

I wish all the best luck to everyone

Alhamdolilah
Congrats. Which nationality are you both ? And which docs have you submitted ?
We Rise By Lifting Others - Robert Ingersoll