ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:40 am

Happy Blessed Sunday...

@Teebaby&Alina....Congratulations and may you both enjoy the freedom.I thank God for making a way where there's now way!!

naba

Post by naba » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:44 pm

Sweetypie wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:
naba wrote:
Sweetypie wrote:Guys I have been granted. Came home to find a big parcel of my documents.
I don't know how to thank God. Employer was chasing me about visa... I was scared to lose my job.
Granted further leave 3 years till October 2016.
Thank you all for your help I got so Manu ideas here I didn't use a lawyer. Thank you thank you. May God rain all your visas ASAP.
Wow! Congratulations dear!! Enjoy your freedom and please stay with us. Your tips for us are handy and priceless. :)
:D
Congratulations

Cheers Naba & Kukuwife ----- Just so happy :) relieved more like it. I will be here to encourage you and cheers for you all when your visas come through. Remember we will meet each other when we fo for the ILR.
To help someone, the bankers draft idea I received on this forum meant home office get the payment immediately. Its the fastest was to pay. so If you can avoid debit cards etc please use bankers draft at £15 its cheaper than postal orders.
I also included 18 months of payslips and put a spreadsheet cover with all the amounts. I also inc P60 over the three years with tax I paid. as well as graduation photos, photos with my mum, my sisters and friends,. I mentioned the names of my extended family who are british and how close we are and incuded everything like work leaving cards, birthdays cards, thank you cards, pictures a bridesmaid at a friend's wedding. Then I bought a clear plastic folder with clear leafs like the one below link and put everything systematically so they could read it like a book and it would be easy for the caseworker. cover letter was first, followed by application with pictures and ad hoc cards at the back. Just thought I would share the ideas. My bank statement did not have as much money, so I also included one from my sister. I then also spoke about my love for UK, the royal baby, olympics etc and said I have lots of british friends and mentioned their names and where they worked. Sorry for the essay but I thought maybe one person will catch something that might be of use.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?sa=X&biw ... =107&ty=85
certificates from school in the UK, gcse, alevel, degree, masters certificates
Dear Sweetypie, Thank you very much for the information.

naba

the decision

Post by naba » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:57 pm

Hello lovely people, hope you are all well. Congratulations who have been granted. Let's hope for the best who have been waiting.

My solicitor applied to the Tribunal for a permission of right to appeal as I haven't got the right. Can anyone tell me how long will it take to get the decision please? If I haven't get the permission what will be the next?
Thank you mates.

teebaby

Post by teebaby » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:50 pm

Thks RachelA, progeny5kay n hatchsead, tinapalak, alina143......thks so much

11akb

Re: the decision

Post by 11akb » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:01 pm

naba wrote:Hello lovely people, hope you are all well. Congratulations who have been granted. Let's hope for the best who have been waiting.

My solicitor applied to the Tribunal for a permission of right to appeal as I haven't got the right. Can anyone tell me how long will it take to get the decision please? If I haven't get the permission what will be the next?
Thank you mates.
hi my application refused last week with no right of appeal so my solicitor send them pep letter for right of appeal or he will take them for jr .dont know how long that take any helpl

east579new

Post by east579new » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:58 pm

Fayvritt wrote:Good new!!, I've been granted 2.5 years leave to remain, after 13 months of waiting. I just received my BRP card. Application was based on having a joint responsibility with my British partner for our daughter
Please can someone explain how that works?

I thought they was refusing people who are a family unit and only granting for people with sole responsibility?.

Call me dude
Nigeria

Post by Call me dude » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:20 pm

east579new wrote:
Fayvritt wrote:Good new!!, I've been granted 2.5 years leave to remain, after 13 months of waiting. I just received my BRP card. Application was based on having a joint responsibility with my British partner for our daughter

I thought they was refusing people who are a family unit and only granting for people with sole responsibility?.
Hi east579new.i think they are refusing for 7yr rule that applied as a family unit(husband,wife n children)not people with British partners n child.
It is well

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:38 am

Call me dude wrote:
east579new wrote:

Hi east579new.i think they are refusing for 7yr rule that applied as a family unit(husband,wife n children)not people with British partners n child.
They refuse not just family unit but anyone who can not convince them well enough, you need to show that you have "insurmountable obstacles" for they to grant the visa which to me is a silly excuse.
In short, its a lottery process depending on the caseworker handling your case and how convincing your argument and documentations are, its not just automatic having a British partner.
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:23 am

Morning guys!!! May this week bring plenty of good news to those of us still waiting!

And let those who have been refused have the strength, faith and will to keep up the good fight!

Let the Home Office see us for who we are: fighters, soldiers, fire breathing dragons!!! They cant knock us down that easily!!

We ve had way too many refusals lately for me to mention everyone, but special shout outs to:
@Keisha, @Summer, @God'sAuthority @Nilemarques, @Godgives, @Shondra, @SDP .
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:34 am

verbina wrote:Morning guys!!! May this week bring plenty of good news to those of us still waiting!

And let those who have been refused have the strength, faith and will to keep up the good fight!

Let the Home Office see us for who we are: fighters, soldiers, fire breathing dragons!!! They cant knock us down that easily!!

We ve had way too many refusals lately for me to mention everyone, but special shout outs to:

AMEN TO THAT HUN............. :D

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:38 am

rina wrote:
verbina wrote:Morning guys!!! May this week bring plenty of good news to those of us still waiting!

Yeah!! Amen!! :P

@rina You alright ninja? Any news for you yet?

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:43 am

verbina wrote:
rina wrote:

Naaaaaaaaaaa nothing and I have decided to leave it to the big man upstairs and let it come when its ready as was stressing my self out big time. I am now putting all my focus on making ends meet.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:45 am

rina wrote:
verbina wrote:
rina wrote:

Naaaaaaaaaaa nothing and I have decided to leave it to the big man upstairs and let it come when its ready as was stressing my self out big time. I am now putting all my focus on making ends meet.
Yeah, same here ... Well hopefully it wont be too much longer.... :roll:

Sweetypie

Re: congrates

Post by Sweetypie » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:01 am

CrystalNewbie wrote:
lily123 wrote:
Sweetypie wrote:Guys I have been granted. Came home to find a big parcel of my documents.
I don't know how to thank God. Employer was chasing me about visa... I was scared to lose my job.
Thank you all for your help I got so Manu ideas here I didn't use a lawyer. Thank you thank you. May God rain all your visas ASAP.
congratulation bebe enjoy your freedom,, :D :D
Congratulations sweetypie.....some good news is welcome on this forum[/q

Big CONGRATULATIONS to Teebaby & Alina143, three cheers to Freedoom

Many Thanks to Hatchsead, My Girl Keisha, Fayvritt who is still celebrating too :), CrystalNewbie and Rubablu

Rubablu - I was not on 7 years rule. I am not married or children, single and enjoying life.
I moved to the UK at 14 to join my pants in the UK. Was a dependant until I was 18, thereafter applied ILR with whole family, Home office took 2 years to decide, then granted parents and youngest sibling and denied me as I was now over 18. so went to court, appealed and got 3 years. After I won in 2010, It took then another 6 months to send the visa! All this time I was not working, fiance broke up with me, no papers, just really tough time. my hair fell out...lool.
anyway this year the 3 years was expring so appllied for the extension in October, but I started preparing the documents in January as I was not using a lawyer. I got soooo much advice from this forum and it took only 3 weeks for me to be granted. I used bankers draft, highly recommend as its treated as cash so no refusals due to payment and they dont start processing until payment has been processed. Included water bills, council tax, 18 months payslips, school and uni certificates, 4 page cover letter, previous letters of being granted, letter from my MP who happens to be a government minister and supported my case last time. just used the old letter and their response to her. I put lots and lots of photos from school, uni, friends wedding as a bridesmaid, and even mentione all my relatives who are british and what they do, where they work and their children. I was desperate for them to grant me. I dont know if I had the strength to fight a refusal as extensions are not guaranteed!

Phew, sorry for long write up but that was for Rubablue and anyone else who might find it useful.

One by one the visas are being granted. watch this space
FLR O Extension applied: 21 Sep 2013
Acknowledgment Letter dated: 24 Sep 2013
Biometrics: 1 Oct 2013 letter, done: 4 Oct 2013
Decision: 12 October granted DLR until Oct 2016
Documents: Received 17 October 2013
BRP: 23 October

hatsuku

Post by hatsuku » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:32 am

Ameen, ameen ameen

my sister has a court hearing on Thursday, not in UK, but in Sweden and we are all nervous and worried :(

please keep praying everyone,

:cry:

hatsuku

Post by hatsuku » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:33 am

Sweetypie wrote:
CrystalNewbie wrote:
lily123 wrote:
congratulation bebe enjoy your freedom,, :D :D

Many Thanks to Hatchsead, My Girl Keisha, Fayvritt who is still celebrating too :), CrystalNewbie and Rubablu

Rubablu - I was not on 7 years rule. I am not married or children, single and enjoying life.
I moved to the UK at 14 to join my pants in the UK. Was a dependant until I was 18, thereafter applied ILR with whole family, Home office took 2 years to decide, then granted parents and youngest sibling and denied me as I was now over 18. so went to court, appealed and got 3 years. After I won in 2010, It took then another 6 months to send the visa! All this time I was not working, fiance broke up with me, no papers, just really tough time. my hair fell out...lool.
anyway this year the 3 years was expring so appllied for the extension in October, but I started preparing the documents in January as I was not using a lawyer. I got soooo much advice from this forum and it took only 3 weeks for me to be granted. I used bankers draft, highly recommend as its treated as cash so no refusals due to payment and they dont start processing until payment has been processed. Included water bills, council tax, 18 months payslips, school and uni certificates, 4 page cover letter, previous letters of being granted, letter from my MP who happens to be a government minister and supported my case last time. just used the old letter and their response to her. I put lots and lots of photos from school, uni, friends wedding as a bridesmaid, and even mentione all my relatives who are british and what they do, where they work and their children. I was desperate for them to grant me. I dont know if I had the strength to fight a refusal as extensions are not guaranteed!

Phew, sorry for long write up but that was for Rubablue and anyone else who might find it useful.

any amazing fight and a role model to follow

well done!

rainyday
Newly Registered

Post by rainyday » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:43 am

hi guys! my appeal hearing is next week, i have a question to those who went through it already, what do i expect to happen on a day? i mean i know the general stuff - come in, wait, get called in... but what is going to happen at actual hearing? i have a representative, but will they be questioning me and my family members? how long does hearing normally take? thanks in advance

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:44 am

hatsuku wrote:

Ameen, ameen ameen

my sister has a court hearing on Thursday, not in UK, but in Sweden and we are all nervous and worried :(

please keep praying everyone,

:cry:
Good luck to your sister on Thursday! Let us know how it goes! We will have her in our prayers!

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:34 pm

AMEN!!! :)

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:59 pm

hatsuku wrote:
Sweetypie wrote:
CrystalNewbie wrote:
lily123 wrote: congratulation bebe enjoy your freedom,, :D :D

any amazing fight and a role model to follow

well done!
Thanks Hatsuku, I pray you get your visa soon.

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:06 pm

rainyday wrote:hi guys! my appeal hearing is next week, i have a question to those who went through it already, what do i expect to happen on a day? i mean i know the general stuff - come in, wait, get called in... but what is going to happen at actual hearing? i have a representative, but will they be questioning me and my family members? how long does hearing normally take? thanks in advance
Hi Rainyday, dont worry, it will go well.
I know it easier said than done. My hearing took about an hour, The judge asked the lawyer most questions and my family came to provide evidence. Asked me a few questions and I just responded honesty and calmly. I was annoyed the HO didnt show up. I was quite annoyed actually that they didnt show as that refusal had my life a misery and I was ready to face them, but I guess no show aso made it easy for me to win. Remember the tribunal is your chance to show why you deserve to be granted. and if you win, which you most likely will, getting BRP should be in full view

rainyday
Newly Registered

Post by rainyday » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:44 pm

Hi Rainyday, dont worry, it will go well.
I know it easier said than done. My hearing took about an hour, The judge asked the lawyer most questions and my family came to provide evidence. Asked me a few questions and I just responded honesty and calmly. I was annoyed the HO didnt show up. I was quite annoyed actually that they didnt show as that refusal had my life a misery and I was ready to face them, but I guess no show aso made it easy for me to win. Remember the tribunal is your chance to show why you deserve to be granted. and if you win, which you most likely will, getting BRP should be in full view[/quote]

thank you! i know there is nothing to worry about, but still i am so scared. , i guess anyone would be in this situation when all your life depends on this one day. just the last question - did you and family members go in together or were they called in separately? i just want it to hurry up and be over with :)

God's Authority

Hello Everyone

Post by God's Authority » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:01 pm

Hello Everyone

Happy new week, and I pray it rains visas for everyone still waiting,it is well with you in Jesus name.

Thank you Verbina, I hope you are keeping well? Please take care and dont let the faith falter.

Hatchshead and Sweetypie, hello to you both :)

Rainyday, please do not be afraid, from what Sweetypie has said I dont think there is much to worry about, you need to be more concerned on winning at the tribunal as that is the most important, and above all pray for a favourable judge, who will favour you but also be wise enough not to wind up the home office rep( that is if one shows up).

Please dont forget to to share the outcome( which I pray will be success by God's grace) so that those of us in the queue can glean a lesson or two :)

God bless you and all the best. Lest I forget all the best to Hatsuku too. The Lord is in charge.

madhu678
Newly Registered

Post by madhu678 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:40 pm

@verbina, Believe2013, sweetypie, hatchsead and all others. Thanks for your advices. You folks are awesome. Busy chasing my solicitor. As Believe said I should contact SAR. Can I still make an appeal if my solicitor missed the opportunity to appeal back in june when my visa rejection was made and get a positive decision. When contacted my solicitor, he is saying that I should receive a letter from CAPITA to leave the country 28 days after rejection is made. As I didn't get any rejection letter, according to him, I should believe him. Is it true about the letter from CAPITA.
(I applied FLR(O) on private life. No children, no family. I came here almost 5 yr back. never been to home country since then. )

madhu678
Newly Registered

Post by madhu678 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:03 pm

And also if my solicitor have applied in june, by now shouldn't I get the hearing date by now. when asked, he said that the appeal traffic is heavy and it is taking lot of time to allocate dates. Can he pay for my appeal from his bank account. I am also waiting for my docs while typing this post as my lawyer said that he will mail my docs. Thanks in advance