ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

guinness
Newly Registered

Post by guinness » Wed May 09, 2012 6:20 pm

yes..

waitingcitizen

Post by waitingcitizen » Wed May 09, 2012 7:17 pm

guinness wrote:I Applied for citizenship on 8/2011, i got a letter today saying no continous residence for a year because my previous stamp expired on 29/7/2011 and new one on 01/8/2011. So there is a gap of 3 days in between stamps...
Had any time you had called them enquiring about your application, where you informed that waiting for reports, processing etc.

kanti1978
Newly Registered

2009 application

Post by kanti1978 » Wed May 09, 2012 7:32 pm

Hi

my naturalisation application was received and knowledged by citizenship section on Nov 2008 and up to date I havent received any feedback , I called them few months ago and they keep telling me the same story , your application is still under process then I emailed them and they replied with the standard response ....

has any applied around end of 2008 or beginning of 2009 and still waiting for decision ?

Mine and my wife’s lives seem to be in limbo at the moment and have been for the past few years because we can't start a family or be 'settled' properly until we at least have some feedback about my application. We would like to buy a home and live life however everything seems to be on hold.

Thanks

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Wed May 09, 2012 7:35 pm

HELLO EVERYBODY!
I am back from my holidays, I came back last week and an envelop with a harp on it was waiting for me....... YES at last my wait is over after 45 months; I applied in July 2008 and they never asked anything during this time but I was updating my file time to time. The approval letter was issued on 4th April and I was away since mid March. So GOOD LUCK to everyone who is still waiting and the new comers on this forum.
PIKKA

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

Filling up new form

Post by sun_in_rome » Wed May 09, 2012 9:29 pm

Hi to all if any one kindly suggest. Is Child benefit is social welfare or not . i mean what would be the answer of the question in new form ...are you receiving social welfare? if mother(applicant) is getting child benefit but not any other social welfare???? so question is child benefit is for her or for child??? ie Is child benefit is social welfare or not????

khan24

Citizenship Applications Tuesday, 8 May 2012

Post by khan24 » Wed May 09, 2012 9:37 pm

Q : To ask the Minister for Justice and Equality if he will clarify the way the series of measures announced in June 2011, which were aimed at providing for the speedier processing of citizenship applications by bringing about a reduction in the average processing timescale and also by dealing with the backlog of applications that had accumulated have actually impacted on the current processing timescales of these applications; the amount of this backlog that has been cleared; the number of intern positions that were made available under the internship programme; the current average processing timescale; and if he will make a statement on the matter.

http://www.kildarestreet.com/debates/?i ... tion#g23.8

PIKKA

Re: Filling up new form

Post by PIKKA » Wed May 09, 2012 9:51 pm

sun_in_rome wrote:Hi to all if any one kindly suggest. Is Child benefit is social welfare or not . i mean what would be the answer of the question in new form ...are you receiving social welfare? if mother(applicant) is getting child benefit but not any other social welfare???? so question is child benefit is for her or for child??? ie Is child benefit is social welfare or not????
Hello dear!
Welcome to the Forum and answer to your Question is 'NO'. Child Benefit is not a Social Welfare Payment in fact Medical Card and Family Income Supplement are also not under Social Welfare payments.
PIKKA

PIKKA

Re: 2009 application

Post by PIKKA » Wed May 09, 2012 9:55 pm

kanti1978 wrote:Hi

my naturalisation application was received and knowledged by citizenship section on Nov 2008 and up to date I havent received any feedback , I called them few months ago and they keep telling me the same story , your application is still under process then I emailed them and they replied with the standard response ....

has any applied around end of 2008 or beginning of 2009 and still waiting for decision ?

Mine and my wife’s lives seem to be in limbo at the moment and have been for the past few years because we can't start a family or be 'settled' properly until we at least have some feedback about my application. We would like to buy a home and live life however everything seems to be on hold.

Thanks
Soon Your Lives are going to be full with All Excitements, just a little more wait, hopefully in the next 3-4 months every thing would be sorted out. Fingers Crossed :wink:
PIKKA

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Wed May 09, 2012 10:04 pm

dania wrote:hi is there anybody here who applied in june 2010 or bofore ,is there any updates for the people who applied at that time or before thanks!!!
I personally know three people who got their approvals last month applied in 2007,2008,2009. The ship is definitely moving but you can't tell who's number is next. Just wait patiently and see the good news is running towards you.
PIKKA

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

Post by sun_in_rome » Wed May 09, 2012 11:18 pm

PIKKA wrote:
sun_in_rome wrote:Hi to all if any one kindly suggest. Is Child benefit is social welfare or not . i mean what would be the answer of the question in new form ...are you receiving social welfare? if mother(applicant) is getting child benefit but not any other social welfare???? so question is child benefit is for her or for child??? ie Is child benefit is social welfare or not????
Hello dear!
Welcome to the Forum and answer to your Question is 'NO'. Child Benefit is not a Social Welfare Payment in fact Medical Card and Family Income Supplement are also not under Social Welfare payments.
THANKS A LOT PIKKA for your quick reply!!!!!

sysopr
Newly Registered

Different versions of Approval Letters (any clue what's up?)

Post by sysopr » Thu May 10, 2012 6:32 am

Post subject: Different versions of Approval Letters (any clue what's up?)

I am trying to determine what is happening with these Approval Letters, I have a feeling some people will be going to the June 14 ceremony, and some will not. I recieved a "white" paper asking for the fee and pictures and my GNIB card dated 3rd April 2012. (Applied June 2009, Further documentation Oct 2011). Note I have not heard from them with regard to the ceremony or acknowledgement of receipt of the money as at May 10.
4000 wrote:I asked a question a few weeks ago on this forum but nobody gave me an answer to it.

Is it correct that some people receive approval letters together with the invitation to a ceremony? I received my approval letter and a request to send the 950 and no invitation to a ceremony, posted the money beggining of April and have not heard from them with regards to the ceremony or acknowledgement of receipt of the money...

Thanks
4000:

a) What date did you receive the approval letter?

b) Was there a "WHITE" sheet asking for payment?

c) When does your GNIB card expire?

d) What country are you from?

e) Do you have any special circumstances?

PIKKA wrote: HELLO EVERYBODY!

I am back from my holidays, I came back last week and an envelope with a harp on it was waiting for me. YES at last my wait is over after 45 months...

The approval letter was issued on 4th April and I was away...
PIKKA:

a) Was this a "WHITE" sheet asking for payment with directions, nothing else?

b) When does your GNIB card expire?

c) What country are you from?

d) Do you have any special circumstances?

Here are some samples Gathered from other posts in April:

It seems:

Yellow is 2:00pm / Blue is 10:00am? / Pink is 4:00pm? / Any other colour?

This is probably to co-ordinate people when they come to their respective times.

The question arises is what category does "white" fall into?? ALSO, what colour is the 4th ceremony?

[list] A) Has anyone got a colour other than Yellow Blue or Pink??

B) Can those who got Pink and Blue tell us what time is your ceremony so the data is correct? Is pink 10apm or 4pm? Is Blue 10apm or 4pm?

C) Has anyone else received a "WHITE" approval letter within the first three weeks of April 2012?
[/list]
Perhaps "WHITE" is in fact the 4th ceremony and we are just on standby of some sort?

iamcool wrote:I got a Yellow Paper letter today for 14th June 2pm oath ceremony. applied January 2011 and got LTR in Dec2011.
ceremony will have 1000 people it's on my letter
Gomez wrote:Hurrah! just got naturalisation aproval letter in the post today.. its a blue letter.. didnt get yellow letter though..ceremony on 14th of June Dublin. Applied for naturalisation in August 2010..thnx all and best of luck to those still waiting..
corksev wrote:yeahhhh.... this is what I am talking about mennnnnn!!!!!

Got my pink letter this morning asking for the ceremony on 14th June. Applied in Oct10 number, 68/10***/10. I rang last Thursday she said waiting for Garda report. So once they have Garda report it takes 1-2 weeks you get the answer.

Good luck to all the others waiting.
kaybe wrote:At last, i got my approval letter today for 14th of June. goodluck to those still waiting
Jaja4me2 wrote:I got my approval today. Applied September 2010, on the basis on 5 yrs residence IBC05. 14th of June is the date. Wish everybody waiting all the best. This forum has been very helpful, although I hardly post comments, I find myself reading people's comments and suggestion day after day. Your comments made me believe that my time will come, Thank you all
Sam Witwickey wrote:Yeayyyyy!!!.....Finally the pink letter arrived for 14th June ceremony...i appplied in October 2010, been here on work permit since 2000 then IBC05 and WCATT. :roll:
catch_hunter wrote:Last week, I got the invitation letter for ceremony on 14th June at 4 PM.
In conclusion: [/b]

Either "WHITE" IS infact the fourth ceremony, if no one got another colour othe than Yellow, Pink or Blue and we are on standby...

OR

Judging by this quote it looks as though the ceremony has filled up, the people who got white forms will be in the next ceremony in the summer, as their applications are sitting in a box.
IQU wrote:
Naija wrote:Hey guys.I've just found out that my friend and his brother recieved their approval letters as well.Both applied in march last year,2011.My friend had stamp 4 based on being a family member of eu (irish citizen),but not through marriage,and of course 5 years residency and i presume his brother had same status too,but didnt ask.Their own is on 14th of June as well,but at 3:30 pm one.Good luck to all those who are still waiting.It will come soon. :D
congrats to your mate :)
This post could be an indication that it may be September ceremony that we will be in. We should be getting the invite in August by my calculations.:
earlybird wrote:
4000 wrote:Does anybody know how long it take to get response and date for ceremony after posting the 950?
It took about two months for mine. Applied end of 2009, approval received end of Jan 2012, returned letter/funds Feb 2012, invite to June ceremony received a fortnight ago.
The answer as to WHY we only get the "white" sheet could be indicated by our own personal circumstances?

I am surprised however that I need to be without my GNIB card for so long.

Quite unusual, I must say, as 4 - 6 months without GNIB, I can't travel easily without hassle from other countries when entering Ireland. At the same time it is strange as MoJ states you should have the GNIB Card on your person at all times?

PIKKA

Re: Different versions of Approval Letters (any clue what's

Post by PIKKA » Thu May 10, 2012 11:58 am

Very thoughtful analysis, Well Done. But answers to all the questions is "Just WAIT a little more"

sysopr wrote:Post subject: Different versions of Approval Letters (any clue what's up?)

I am trying to determine what is happening with these Approval Letters, I have a feeling some people will be going to the June 14 ceremony, and some will not. I recieved a "white" paper asking for the fee and pictures and my GNIB card dated 3rd April 2012. (Applied June 2009, Further documentation Oct 2011). Note I have not heard from them with regard to the ceremony or acknowledgement of receipt of the money as at May 10.

I am back from my holidays, I came back last week and an envelope with a harp on it was waiting for me. YES at last my wait is over after 45 months...

PIKKA:

a) Yes this is a WHITE sheet asking for payment with directions, nothing else

b) My card expires in September 2012

c) PAKISTAN

d) No. Applied after 5 years residence under spousal visa(Wife of Non-EEU). Husband got his Citizenship last year.
sysopr wrote: The answer as to WHY we only get the "white" sheet could be indicated by our own personal circumstances?

Quite unusual, I must say, as 4 - 6 months without GNIB, I can't travel easily without hassle from other countries when entering Ireland. At the same time it is strange as MoJ states you should have the GNIB Card on your person at all times?
I don't think that our own personal circumstances doing anything in this delay this is JUST THE SYSTEM.

Keep your copy of GNIB.

While travelling outside the country just show your copy of GNIB and Approval letter they would not say anything to you, in fact your GNIB Card No is sufficient at the Airport authorities.
PIKKA

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Thu May 10, 2012 12:04 pm

sun_in_rome wrote:
PIKKA wrote:
Hello dear!
THANKS A LOT PIKKA for your quick reply!!!!!
You Welcome.
PIKKA

EMAB
Newly Registered

Post by EMAB » Fri May 11, 2012 10:42 am

Hi, one of my friends lost his job who applied for citizenship in feb 2011. will he need pay slips and emp.letter at the time of oath or do they ask to submit before approval again. can someone clarify. thanks in advance.

dania

Post by dania » Fri May 11, 2012 10:46 am

hi and congrats again to the lucky people who got their approvals and one more thing as minister is saying the applications received from this month onwards will have their decisions in six months :lol: so what will happen to the people who r waiting for two three four years for their decisions, i cant understand thattttttt :cry:
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]

EMAB
Newly Registered

Post by EMAB » Fri May 11, 2012 10:54 am

one of my friends got his approval and invitation for oath on june, 14. He applied in january 2011 on 5 years employment basis.

congrats to all who got their approvals for june.

dania

Post by dania » Fri May 11, 2012 11:15 am

There are some cases that give rise to particular security issues that have to be addressed and because of the nature of those cases or the countries of origin of individuals, it can take longer to have those applications processed than I wish were the case.{allan shatter}

it is total discrimination towards these people :cry: every applicant from any country should be treated equally any body from any country can be a good person or bad so please dont show beloved towards these people because at the end of the day we r all same only the differnce is in our skin colours :cry:
Last edited by dania on Fri May 11, 2012 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Fri May 11, 2012 1:12 pm

EMAB wrote:Hi, one of my friends lost his job who applied for citizenship in feb 2011. will he need pay slips and emp.letter at the time of oath or do they ask to submit before approval again. can someone clarify. thanks in advance.
If your friend has got his approval then nothing to worry about and if not there is no need to tell the department about his current employment condition everything would be OK. Sometimes they ask for the payslips before decision sometimes not, so be patient and wait.........
PIKKA

EMAB
Newly Registered

Post by EMAB » Fri May 11, 2012 1:57 pm

PIKKA wrote:
EMAB wrote:Hi, one of my friends lost his job who applied for citizenship in feb 2011. will he need pay slips and emp.letter at the time of oath or do they ask to submit before approval again. can someone clarify. thanks in advance.
If your friend has got his approval then nothing to worry about and if not there is no need to tell the department about his current employment condition everything would be OK. Sometimes they ask for the payslips before decision sometimes not, so be patient and wait.........
Thanks you for reply Pikka.
He is in job search again, may take time to get new opportunity and wish him success.

Newly Registered

Post by 4000 » Fri May 11, 2012 4:06 pm

sysopr wrote:Post subject: Different versions of Approval Letters (any clue what's up?)

4000 wrote:I asked a question a few weeks ago on this forum but nobody gave me an answer to it.

Is it correct that some people receive approval letters together with the invitation to a ceremony? I received my approval letter and a request to send the 950 and no invitation to a ceremony, posted the money beggining of April and have not heard from them with regards to the ceremony or acknowledgement of receipt of the money...

Thanks
4000:

a) What date did you receive the approval letter? END OF MARCH AND PAYMENT MADE BEGINNING OF APRIL.

b) Was there a "WHITE" sheet asking for payment? YES IT WAS A WHITE SHEET

c) When does your GNIB card expire? I HAVE "WITHOUT CONDITION" STAMP SO MY GNIB WILL NOT EXPIRE

d) What country are you from? AFRICAN CONTINENT

e) Do you have any special circumstances? NO SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES

PIKKA:

It seems:

This is probably to co-ordinate people when they come to their respective times.

The question arises is what category does "white" fall into?? ALSO, what colour is the 4th ceremony?

B) Can those who got Pink and Blue tell us what time is your ceremony so the data is correct? Is pink 10apm or 4pm? Is Blue 10apm or 4pm?

C) Has anyone else received a "WHITE" approval letter within the first three weeks of April 2012?
[/list]
Perhaps "WHITE" is in fact the 4th ceremony and we are just on standby of some sort?

iamcool wrote:I got a Yellow Paper letter today for 14th June 2pm oath ceremony. applied January 2011 and got LTR in Dec2011.
Gomez wrote:Hurrah! just got naturalisation aproval letter in the post today.. its a blue letter.. didnt get yellow letter though..ceremony on 14th of June Dublin. Applied for naturalisation in August 2010..thnx all and best of luck to those still waiting..

Got my pink letter this morning asking for the ceremony on 14th June. Applied in Oct10 number, 68/10***/10. I rang last Thursday she said waiting for Garda report. So once they have Garda report it takes 1-2 weeks you get the answer.

kaybe wrote:At last, i got my approval letter today for 14th of June. goodluck to those still waiting
Jaja4me2 wrote:I got my approval today. Applied September 2010, on the basis on 5 yrs residence IBC05. 14th of June is the date. Wish everybody waiting all the best. This forum has been very helpful, although I hardly post comments, I find myself reading people's comments and suggestion day after day. Your comments made me believe that my time will come, Thank you all
Sam Witwickey wrote:Yeayyyyy!!!.....Finally the pink letter arrived for 14th June ceremony...i appplied in October 2010, been here on work permit since 2000 then IBC05 and WCATT. :roll:
catch_hunter wrote:Last week, I got the invitation letter for ceremony on 14th June at 4 PM.

Either "WHITE" IS infact the fourth ceremony, if no one got another colour othe than Yellow, Pink or Blue and we are on standby...

OR

Judging by this quote it looks as though the ceremony has filled up, the people who got white forms will be in the next ceremony in the summer, as their applications are sitting in a box.
IQU wrote:
Naija wrote:Hey guys.I've just found out that my friend and his brother recieved their approval letters as well.Both applied in march last year,2011.My friend had stamp 4 based on being a family member of eu (irish citizen),but not through marriage,and of course 5 years residency and i presume his brother had same status too,but didnt ask.Their own is on 14th of June as well,but at 3:30 pm one.Good luck to all those who are still waiting.It will come soon. :D
This post could be an indication that it may be September ceremony that we will be in. We should be getting the invite in August by my calculations.:
earlybird wrote:
4000 wrote:Does anybody know how long it take to get response and date for ceremony after posting the 950?
It took about two months for mine. Applied end of 2009, approval received end of Jan 2012, returned letter/funds Feb 2012, invite to June ceremony received a fortnight ago.
The answer as to WHY we only get the "white" sheet could be indicated by our own personal circumstances?

Newly Registered

Post by 4000 » Fri May 11, 2012 4:14 pm

Thanks
4000:

a) What date did you receive the approval letter?

b) Was there a "WHITE" sheet asking for payment?

c) When does your GNIB card expire?

d) What country are you from?

e) Do you have any special circumstances?

PIKKA:

It seems:

[/list]

OR

IQU wrote:
earlybird wrote:

Approval received mid March and money send end of March.
It was a white paper
Have "Without Condition" stamp 5 so GNIB does not expire.
No special circumstances and from Africa.

dania

Post by dania » Fri May 11, 2012 6:30 pm

my neighbour got yellow paper for june ceremony applied dec2010 on 5 year residency

robby1
BANNED

Post by robby1 » Sat May 12, 2012 4:19 am

hi guys, Anyone from pakistan got approval except work permit holders?
Any hope for us??

seraph

LATEST CITIZENSHIP STATUS

Post by seraph » Sun May 13, 2012 9:07 am

72. Deputy John Halligan asked the Minister for Justice and Equality if he will clarify the way the series of measures announced in June 2011, which were aimed at providing for the speedier processing of citizenship applications by bringing about a reduction in the average processing timescale and also by dealing with the backlog of applications that had accumulated have actually impacted on the current processing timescales of these applications; the amount of this backlog that has been cleared; the number of intern positions that were made available under the internship programme; the current average processing timescale; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [22783/12]

Deputy Alan Shatter: When I first came into office just over a year ago one of my first objectives was to address the length of time taken to process applications for naturalisation and to significantly reduce the number of cases on hand. At that time there were over 22,000 applications on hand and applications were taking an average time of over two years to process, and many were waiting three to four years. I regarded this as unacceptable. In June 2011, I announced a series of measures to address this issue including improved application forms, which are currently available online with an associated online residence checker, re-engineering of processes that were a barrier to achieving maximum efficiency plus streamlined and accelerated procedures for certain types of application.

Through these and other measures enormous progress has been made, notwithstanding a substantial increase in the volume of valid applications received in 2011, during which a total of 18,500 valid applications were received compared to 12,500 in 2010. In the period 9 March 2011 to 8 March this year, a total of 17,500 valid applications were determined. By contrast, in the whole of 2010, decisions were reached in just under 7,800 cases. So far this year I have made decisions on some 9,200 applications and I expect to have made a decision on a further 3,500 applications by the end of May and on approximately 12,000 applications between June and the year end. Thus, this year will see approximately 24,000 applications for citizenship dealt with, which would represent a more than threefold increase in the number of applications dealt with over 2010 levels. I think the House would agree that by any standards of reasonable measurement this represents a major achievement.

I also undertook to get to the stage by the second quarter of this year that, in the generality of cases - that is, around 70% - persons applying for a certificate of naturalisation will be given a decision on their application within six months. In this regard, a major effort has and continues to be made in reducing the time taken to process applications. It is expected that the six month timeframe for the generality of new applications received from this month onwards will be achieved.

Additional information not given on the floor of the House.

Under the new JobBridge programme announced by the Government a total of 16 individuals have been engaged by the citizenship division of my Department to date. The primary purpose of the scheme is to provide work experience for those involved and to improve their prospects of getting back into the workforce. I am advised that the scheme is extremely successful and mutually beneficial in addressing the backlog and enabling the individuals in question to gain good experience in the workplace.

Last summer, I also decided to introduce citizenship ceremonies for the first time since the foundation of the State. This allows candidates for citizenship make their declaration of fidelity to the Irish nation and loyalty to the State and receive their certificate of naturalisation in a meaningful and dignified manner which befits the importance and solemnity of the occasion. To date, 47 such ceremonies have been held at which almost 11,000 candidates have become Irish citizens under the new procedures. These ceremonies are an unqualified success.

The nature of the naturalisation process is such that for a broad range of reasons some cases will take longer than others to process. It is a statutory requirement that, inter alia, applicants for naturalisation be of good character. In some instances that can be established relatively quickly and in other cases completing the necessary checks can take a considerable period of time. The primary aim over the past year has been to reduce the large volume of cases on hand as swiftly as possible and this has been achieved in the generality of cases. I am also confident that significant inroads will also be made with the remaining cases by year end. In such a fast moving environment where large volumes of cases are processed quickly, the calculation of averages for processing times has little meaning and the priority of the immigration service has been to deal with the cases on hand rather than divert resources to other activities.

Deputy John Halligan: I welcome the initiative the Minister has put in place. Like many other Deputies and councillors to whom I have spoken, I can sometimes be inundated with representations in this respect from people who have been on the waiting list for one, two or three years. It is a traumatic time for many people who have to leave their country of origin for reasons that, in some cases, are a matter of life and death, or because of political or religious persecution and for economic reasons where, because of the severity of quality of the life, they need to leave. I have always felt that-----

An Leas-Cheann Comhairle: A question, please, Deputy.

Deputy John Halligan: Yes, I am just coming to it. I accept that citizenship is a serious issue but having dealt with the local police force from where the person concerned has come, Interpol, if necessary, local communities and so on, I have often wondered why it took such a long time to process an application for citizenship. I wish to ask the Minister two questions which I do not believe he answered. Has the backlog of applications been dealt with? I accept the Minister’s stance, that increasingly more people are coming into this country and submitting applications for citizenship. How many people have been employed to deal with the backlog and with the current number of applications?

Deputy Alan Shatter: We are still addressing some parts of the backlog. The nature of the naturalisation process is such that for a broad range of reasons some cases take longer than others to process. A substantial number of cases that had accumulated have now been dealt with. There are some cases that give rise to particular security issues that have to be addressed and because of the nature of those cases or the countries of origin of individuals, it can take longer to have those applications processed than I wish were the case.

I know there are some cases on which the Deputy made representations and in which he expressed interest. I believe I am right in saying that, from having a look at them, most of them are applications that were made from September 2011 onwards. The position is that a substantial amount of the backlog has been dealt with and we are shortly going to be in an position where in the average case that gives rise to no particular major issues of security it will be determined within six months of the application being made. Some applications made some years ago had not been processed or dealt with when I came in to office. It is likely it could well take another three to four months to resolve and make decisions on this special group of cases. By the time we get to the end of this year unless something exceptionally unusual or difficult occurs the vast majority of applicants will find if they apply and properly fill in the forms a decision will be made within six months of receipt of the application.

Deputy John Halligan: I am reasonably happy with the answer the Minister has given and I look forward to a review of it in six months. Once again I compliment the Minister on introducing this initiative.

kanti1978
Newly Registered

Post by kanti1978 » Sun May 13, 2012 9:39 pm

i congratulate mr minister for the his great efforts in clearing the backlog but we must say that there is no rights for immigrants in the irish constitution and foreign people who worked hard in the good years and contribute to the irish booming were forgotten until new government took over.
also this new governments is broke so lets milk the immigrants and generate money with higher naturalisation fees. nothing is free in this world.
if they wana be more practical then they should create naturalisation tracker where applicatant can track their applications like civilised european country!!!!! we cant put our life, future, plans on hold for many years without knowing whether we will have the right to live in this country like real citizen who worked hard and paid tax like irish citizens.

words are nice but reality is shocking.many applicants are waiting more than 3 even 4 years without answer. !!