ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

suzuka23

Post by suzuka23 » Tue May 28, 2013 4:38 pm

Lcj wrote:Hi everyone,

just an update l called homeoffice this afternoon and they have said they sent out a pack for me this morning to my solicitors and she gave me a tracking number lam so nervous don't know what's in it. I applied on the 6/August /2012. Wish me luck can't eat anything now

Fingers crossed! :)

DHK
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence SET (O) applications

Post by DHK » Tue May 28, 2013 5:06 pm

saanju9 wrote:
DHK wrote:
Damanisshallo wrote:
DHK wrote:I am still waiting for your reply of my original question as i answered your quiry already.
You can use SET(F) for your children anytime from now. WRT your wife, its up to you if you want to finish all of this ASAP then go for FLR(M) followed by SET(M) [Costs you around £1500 via postal] or make a SET(LR) [£1000 Apx] in September 2013.
Dear Damanisshallo,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I want to apply for the children using SET (LR) upon completion of 10 years alongwith their Mum in September 2013 rather than applying now using SET (F). Is this is a good decision ? Please advice. Thanks again.

Two things here... I know this topic has been discussed earlier and I know none of us could find a reference where it mentions 28 days time constraint but

We all know that the dependents has to be changed to Settled person's dependent as soon as possible after the main applicant has been approved with ILR.. However, I know your not applying for SET(M) and instead applying for SET(LR) but what you should bare in mind is how much time the case worker will consider this as soon as possible time constraint. Do you think that the CW will consider 4 months as a too long time and you should have applied for FLR(M) or is he/she will take it easy and will grant ure wife SET(LR)... It all depends on the case worker who deals with your case... we got some fine examples of inconsistency in the recent past..

So I think The appropriate way to do it is to have FLR(M) and then apply for SET(LR) or SET(M)....especially on a postal application where you can't explain anything to them in person....

If you want to apply for SET(LR) in September (Not Applying FLR(M))...then again I think that's a gamble you take...

So its a decision you have to make.. I know its going to cost you a bit to follow the correct procedure but your safer...they can't reject your application and I think because ure wife and children are here for more than two years as Tier 1 (General) dependents.... they can get the ILR immediately...otherwise they got to go through all this pain we have been through...

However, the flip side is the money involved..so if you can put up the money upfront I would say FLR(M) and then SET(M) and it can be over in a week or two... but if you can't .. with a bit of gamble SET(LR) in September
I don’t know why you are saying that I am taking a gamble! Is there any legal mistakes I am doing while deciding to apply in September?

They are under Tier 1 General dependents since Oct-11 (less than two years ) therefore cannot apply using SET (O) now under article 287 a, b, c or d. Although they are in this country since mid oct-03 as my dependents.

I came to a conclusion but now again I am confused what to do!

shahab99

Tier 4 dependent is not a route for settlement

Post by shahab99 » Tue May 28, 2013 5:50 pm

Can any one please send me the link where it says that Tier 4 dependent is not a route for settlement because I could not find it.

Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 4 dependent is not a route for settlement

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue May 28, 2013 6:26 pm

shahab99 wrote:Can any one please send me the link where it says that Tier 4 dependent is not a route for settlement because I could not find it
Family Members @ Page 10 wrote:Dependants of PBS Tier 4 and Tier 5 migrants
The partner of a points based system migrant not on a route to settlement cannot, with effect to applications made on or after 6 April 2013, switch into the partner route under paragraph 284 and amalgamate their leave as a partner under both routes towards the qualifying period for settlement.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

DHK
Newly Registered

Post by DHK » Tue May 28, 2013 8:45 pm

DHK wrote:
saanju9 wrote:
DHK wrote:
Damanisshallo wrote:
You can use SET(F) for your children anytime from now. WRT your wife, its up to you if you want to finish all of this ASAP then go for FLR(M) followed by SET(M) [Costs you around £1500 via postal] or make a SET(LR) [£1000 Apx] in September 2013.
Dear Damanisshallo,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I want to apply for the children using SET (LR) upon completion of 10 years alongwith their Mum in September 2013 rather than applying now using SET (F). Is this is a good decision ? Please advice. Thanks again.

Two things here... I know this topic has been discussed earlier and I know none of us could find a reference where it mentions 28 days time constraint but

We all know that the dependents has to be changed to Settled person's dependent as soon as possible after the main applicant has been approved with ILR.. However, I know your not applying for SET(M) and instead applying for SET(LR) but what you should bare in mind is how much time the case worker will consider this as soon as possible time constraint. Do you think that the CW will consider 4 months as a too long time and you should have applied for FLR(M) or is he/she will take it easy and will grant ure wife SET(LR)... It all depends on the case worker who deals with your case... we got some fine examples of inconsistency in the recent past..

So I think The appropriate way to do it is to have FLR(M) and then apply for SET(LR) or SET(M)....especially on a postal application where you can't explain anything to them in person....

If you want to apply for SET(LR) in September (Not Applying FLR(M))...then again I think that's a gamble you take...

So its a decision you have to make.. I know its going to cost you a bit to follow the correct procedure but your safer...they can't reject your application and I think because ure wife and children are here for more than two years as Tier 1 (General) dependents.... they can get the ILR immediately...otherwise they got to go through all this pain we have been through...

However, the flip side is the money involved..so if you can put up the money upfront I would say FLR(M) and then SET(M) and it can be over in a week or two... but if you can't .. with a bit of gamble SET(LR) in September
I don’t know why you are saying that I am taking a gamble! Is there any legal mistakes I am doing while deciding to apply in September?

They are under Tier 1 General dependents since Oct-11 (less than two years ) therefore cannot apply using SET (O) now under article 287 a, b, c or d. Although they are in this country since mid oct-03 as my dependents.

Dear Damanisshallo,

I want to apply for the children using SET (LR) upon completion of 10 years alongwith their Mum in September 2013 rather than applying now using SET (F). Is that OK ? Please advice. Thanks.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 am

DHK wrote: I don’t know why you are saying that I am taking a gamble! Is there any legal mistakes I am doing while deciding to apply in September?

No legal mistake at all...but there is no law we found around this circumstances either

My point is... (a) is the caseworker who deals your dependents case insists that they should have changed to ILR dependents 4 months ago when you got your ILR (when they apply for SET(LR) in September) or (b) will the caseworker will be lenient about it...

Don't worry about it too much Mate..you should be fine

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed May 29, 2013 3:35 am

DHK wrote: I want to apply for the children using SET (LR) upon completion of 10 years along with their Mum in September 2013 rather than applying now using SET (F). Is that OK ? Please advice. Thanks.
By immigration rules you should be fine. See similar situation regarding the 28 days so called rule. The only difference is, there the OP had attended PEO but you will have to post if chose to make SET(LR). Can I ask, why are you so adamant to use SET(LR) rather than SET(F)? Honestly speaking, Choice is yours and if I were in your shoes, I'd have gone with SET(F) for children and SET(LR) for partner if no plans to travel.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

mmakhan

Re: Tier 4 dependent is not a route for settlement

Post by mmakhan » Wed May 29, 2013 9:45 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
shahab99 wrote:Can any one please send me the link where it says that Tier 4 dependent is not a route for settlement because I could not find it
Family Members @ Page 10 wrote:Dependants of PBS Tier 4 and Tier 5 migrants
The partner of a points based system migrant not on a route to settlement cannot, with effect to applications made on or after 6 April 2013, switch into the partner route under paragraph 284 and amalgamate their leave as a partner under both routes towards the qualifying period for settlement.
Can someone send me a link other PBS dependants are on the route of settlement after April 2013
Thankyou

ebo1
Newly Registered

Post by ebo1 » Wed May 29, 2013 9:48 am

Lcj wrote:Hi everyone,

just an update l called homeoffice this afternoon and they have said they sent out a pack for me this morning to my solicitors and she gave me a tracking number lam so nervous don't know what's in it. I applied on the 6/August /2012. Wish me luck can't eat anything now
That 'package' should contain your passport and original supporting documents are being sent back to you along with a letter explaining their decision. This will arrive by Royal Mail and you should receive BRP card by another courier if your application is successful. Hopefully you will receive good news..

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Wed May 29, 2013 10:00 am

Damanisshallo wrote: By immigration rules you should be fine. See similar situation regarding the 28 days so called rule. The only difference is, there the OP had attended PEO but you will have to post if chose to make SET(LR). Can I ask, why are you so adamant to use SET(LR) rather than SET(F)? Honestly speaking, Choice is yours and if I were in your shoes, I'd have gone with SET(F) for children and SET(LR) for partner if no plans to travel.
I read this thread Damani.. I know that we never found a time constraint rule (28 days rule)... but did we ever find out anything that says the dependents has to change to a settled person's dependents after the main applicant has been granted ILR.

Coz I read through most of the rules yestersday and all of them, which I came across, are talking about how to get / convert to settled person's dependent visa but never came across that they have to convert..

Did you or anyone else came across anything

I was personally told by the UKBA Customer Service agent that they have to... but never read anything the rules

Uzo
Newly Registered

Case worker assigned

Post by Uzo » Wed May 29, 2013 11:43 am

I was informed by my MP that my application has been assigned a case a worker and was looked at as early as 14 May. Does anyone have an idea how long it usually takes after your application is assigned a caseworker.

nadeem toheed

Re: Case worker assigned

Post by nadeem toheed » Wed May 29, 2013 11:46 am

Uzo wrote:I was informed by my MP that my application has been assigned a case a worker and was looked at as early as 14 May. Does anyone have an idea how long it usually takes after your application is assigned a caseworker.
Hi Uzo
it seems three weeks or more(coz one of my friends application seen by case worker on 8th of this month ) he is still waiting for decision,
So pray for good and early
Best of Luck

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed May 29, 2013 11:50 am

saanju9 wrote:but did we ever find out anything that says the dependents has to change to a settled person's dependents after the main applicant has been granted ILR.
With UKBA there are either rules or kind of axioms. In this particular case the rule is to satisfy Para 319E and because one cannot satisfy this rule, they will have to switch in order to get considered under Para 319E. This is my assumption.
Settlement Operational Policy wrote:PBS migrant obtained ILR under the long residency provisions. Therefore, their partner would not be eligible to apply for ILR under paragraph 319E and would need to apply to "switch" and submit form FLR(M) for further leave to remain.
Skydrives, Templates

Lcj

Post by Lcj » Wed May 29, 2013 1:31 pm

[quote="ebo1"][quote="Lcj"]Hi everyone,

just an update l called homeoffice this afternoon and they have said they sent out a pack for me this morning to my solicitors and she gave me a tracking number lam so nervous don't know what's in it. I applied on the 6/August /2012. Wish me luck can't eat anything now[/quote]

That 'package' should contain your passport and original supporting documents are being sent back to you along with a letter explaining their decision. This will arrive by Royal Mail and you should receive BRP card by another courier if your application is successful. Hopefully you will receive good news..[/quote]

Thanks ebo1 can't wait for this any longer I have not got it today didn't sleep last night and it seems another sleepless night without this package

Lcj

Post by Lcj » Wed May 29, 2013 1:32 pm

[quote="ebo1"][quote="Lcj"]Hi everyone,

just an update l called homeoffice this afternoon and they have said they sent out a pack for me this morning to my solicitors and she gave me a tracking number lam so nervous don't know what's in it. I applied on the 6/August /2012. Wish me luck can't eat anything now[/quote]

That 'package' should contain your passport and original supporting documents are being sent back to you along with a letter explaining their decision. This will arrive by Royal Mail and you should receive BRP card by another courier if your application is successful. Hopefully you will receive good news..[/quote]

Thanks ebo1 can't wait for this any longer I have not got it today didn't sleep last night and it seems another sleepless night without this package

Azira
Newly Registered

Post by Azira » Wed May 29, 2013 2:03 pm

Long time lurker who has just received good news.

Applied 14/9/12
Biometrics submitted 3/12/12
BRP returned 29/5/13

Very straightforward application. I had two other bases of ILR open to me in the future (spouse visa at the end of the year and Tier 2 in a couple of years' time) but wanted to get this in in case the government changed the rules again. I used my firm's immigration lawyers to be on the safe side though.

I got my MP involved once I'd passed the 6 month mark and he was worse than useless.

Azira
Newly Registered

Post by Azira » Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 pm

Oh, and my lawyers told me I'd been assigned to a caseworker in April.

tak1986
Newly Registered

Post by tak1986 » Wed May 29, 2013 5:48 pm

I have called my solicitor today. My ILR is granted, going to collected the ID and passport tomorrow.

Its been a very long wait, thanks for everyone's support and good luck to everyone!

Local MP has been very helpful and supportive getting information from UKBa on my behalf, so its all great !

good luck everyone!

lck
Newly Registered

10 year

Post by lck » Wed May 29, 2013 7:40 pm

Hello everyone
Update on my application.
I received my BRP card today
Applied 19/09/2012
Bio done 21/12/2012
It has been stressful time and thank you all for your support.

I received BRP card but not my passport and documents. I have seen generally Passport and documents come first and then the BRP card. Is it normal? or this is something to worry about ? as I am having a thought that may be my documents got lost in post or something. Please share your views.

Thank you.

Kallmay

Flrm

Post by Kallmay » Wed May 29, 2013 8:58 pm

Dear Damanishallo I got my ILR yesterday and I am planning to send my documents to my husbands's FLR(M) outstanding application and shall I also write a letter that my husband's application was supposed to be PRE-JULY RULE FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT because we have mistakenly did it on the NEW RULE. What do you think? Please share your opinion. Thanks.

pretzel12
Newly Registered

Post by pretzel12 » Wed May 29, 2013 9:35 pm

Hi everyone, long time lurker here.

I was wondering if anyone can assist with the question regarding the application requirements.

I've lived in the UK since September 2003 and am planning to send my ILR application in August, 2013. I am currently on the Post Study Work visa. No long absences, always applied by myself for my previous visas, never overstayed. In 2009, I was issued my first biometric card, it was taken away by the Home Office when I applied for my Post Study visa in 2011 and I was issued the new biometric card which I currently hold.

I don't have the copy of the previous biometric card, but I have its number and the letter from Home Office with that number on it. When I apply in August for ILR, will I need to supply Home Office with the copy of the card? I am asking because all my previous visas are in my passport except of course the biometric card info which covers my stay between 2009 and 2011. If yes, how do I go about this?

Many thanks!

ak_akhan
Newly Registered

Post by ak_akhan » Wed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm

hi,
my timeline:
applied: 21.12.2012

Biometrics done: 15.01.2013

rest: waiting

got one question, I am currently on Discretionary leave, which I got in Nov 2010, if I get ilr on the basis of long residence, for spouse visa do which rules apply to me, before July 2012 or after? Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Flrm

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed May 29, 2013 11:46 pm

Kallmay wrote:Dear Damanishallo I got my ILR yesterday and I am planning to send my documents to my husbands's FLR(M) outstanding application and shall I also write a letter that my husband's application was supposed to be PRE-JULY RULE FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT because we have mistakenly did it on the NEW RULE. What do you think? Please share your opinion. Thanks.
You can do so if you wish. See if varying an application to the same type is an option. However, if you've filled in the application under new rule then I presume you'd have met the Financial Requirement threshold. If this is the case then why to worry? What difference would you think your letter would make?
Skydrives, Templates

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed May 29, 2013 11:59 pm

ak_akhan wrote:got one question, I am currently on Discretionary leave, which I got in Nov 2010, if I get ilr on the basis of long residence, for spouse visa do which rules apply to me, before July 2012 or after? Thanks
I'd assume it to be under new rules. Sorry, if this is not the answer you wanted to hear.
LEAVE TO REMAIN AS A SPOUSE OF A PERSON PRESENT AND SETTLED IN THE UNITED KINGDOM @ Page 8 wrote:On 1 October 2004, Command Paper 6339 introduced a requirement preventing switching into the marriage category by a person who only has leave which was granted outside the Immigration Rules. Grants of discretionary leave are outside the Immigration Rules. Therefore those persons granted discretionary leave who apply on or after 1 October 2004 on the basis of a marriage, or the establishment of a partnership with someone present and settled here, cannot seek to switch into leave to remain on the basis of that relationship. Provided the relationship continues to exist they can seek to remain in the UK until they have completed 6 years‟ discretionary leave (in 2 periods of 3 years‟ stay) and then apply for settlement. Or, at a time of their choosing, they can leave the United Kingdom and apply for entry clearance from abroad.
Skydrives, Templates

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu May 30, 2013 12:08 am

pretzel12 wrote:I don't have the copy of the previous biometric card, but I have its number and the letter from Home Office with that number on it. When I apply in August for ILR, will I need to supply Home Office with the copy of the card? I am asking because all my previous visas are in my passport except of course the biometric card info which covers my stay between 2009 and 2011. If yes, how do I go about this?
You can send the letter recd from Home Office. Alternatively, you can request for SAR against a payment of £10 which should have all your records in place. I shall warn you that this SAR can take anything between 40 days to few months. So, the sooner the better.
Skydrives, Templates