ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Iboubenas

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by Iboubenas » Wed May 21, 2014 4:47 pm

Hello everyone, 
I got a great new today.I finally got my RC it took only 1 month. 

Application received on the 15 April
acknowledgement letter and COA received on the 25th April
RC received today 21st May ( issued on the 16th May)

Here are the documens that I submitted:
Application formOur passports( my wife and I)
My wife job contact, letter from employer and 1 payslip
Our twins birth certificates

BIG UP TO ALL MANDATORIES IN THIS FORUM, you helped a lot .
And good luck y'all.
Cheers

irenesalazar
Newly Registered

Post by irenesalazar » Wed May 21, 2014 5:25 pm

Hi there! I arrived in the UK on the 5th of May under a Family Permit. I wish to apply for a RC for myself and was wondering what's the estimated lenght of the whole process now that the UKVI is handling this. With the UKBA it looked like it was about 5-6 months.
Also, does anyone have any experience with asking for the passports back? Could it really affect the outcome or the length of the application?
Finally, what does the Residence Card look like? Is it a stamp on the passport or a separate card?

Thank you!

EkatNYC
Newly Registered

Post by EkatNYC » Wed May 21, 2014 5:40 pm

Timeline - I just posted above the timeline and it seems that it takes about 5-6 weeks in the best case and about 2 months regularly.
Passports - I asked the passport the same day as the application arrived and it did not affect the outcome in any way. I would suggest to wait until you receive the acknowledgement letter first, but they are very quick with the return of the passports.
RC - usually is a sticker in the passport, but if you are requesting the passport back, than it arrives on A4 paper as a vignette on 1/4 of a page, that you can fold and carry it with the passport.

Hope this helps!

shinwangeutreaty

Post by shinwangeutreaty » Wed May 21, 2014 9:19 pm

Jellybean105 wrote:Hi shinwangeutreaty

Your journey sounds really similar to mine! I went Ireland in Feb 2013, my husband arrived Aug 13. He got his EEA FP in Feb 14 and we returned to the UK.

We sent our application on the 18th of March and we received a COA with no right to work on the 26th. I contacted them for the correct COA but haven't received it yet :( the deputy caseworker said its being dealt with so I'm hoping that we receive the reply soon!

Hi, Jellybean105,

Thank you for your sharing your similar experience. I would like to know how you contacted the caseworker? I read the some of posts on EEA2 application timeline, most of friends have received their PCs within 2 or 3 months, even few weeks. why do our application have to be processed longer even EEA FP have been issued by UKBA?

Keep in touch

kbridge

Post by kbridge » Thu May 22, 2014 9:49 am

Married Couple (Worker)

EEA1 & EEA2 applications sent: 12/05/2014
Received by HO: 13/05/2014
£110 charged: 14/05/2014
COA issued: 15/05/2014
COA received: 21/05/2014
RC: Loading ... :)

I wanted to ask a question.
My passport expires on Oct 2015 will I receive a sticker on my passport or a separate document?
Should i ask for my passport back to avoid getting a sticker on the passport?

Please any advice. Thanks a lot.

Hubba

Post by Hubba » Thu May 22, 2014 11:20 am

kbridge wrote:Married Couple (Worker)

EEA1 & EEA2 applications sent: 12/05/2014
Received by HO: 13/05/2014
£110 charged: 14/05/2014
COA issued: 15/05/2014
COA received: 21/05/2014
RC: Loading ... :)

I wanted to ask a question.
My passport expires on Oct 2015 will I receive a sticker on my passport or a separate document?
Should i ask for my passport back to avoid getting a sticker on the passport?

Please any advice. Thanks a lot.
They will put the vignette on your passport as long as the passport is valid. I'd let them do it, even if you have to renew the passport afterwards. You just need to carry the expired passport with you once you get a new one. I did that for 4 years and never faced any problems.

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Thu May 22, 2014 11:34 am

shinwangeutreaty wrote: Hi, Jellybean105,

Thank you for your sharing your similar experience. I would like to know how you contacted the caseworker? I read the some of posts on EEA2 application timeline, most of friends have received their PCs within 2 or 3 months, even few weeks. why do our application have to be processed longer even EEA FP have been issued by UKBA?

Keep in touch
Thats exactly what I have been wondering. My husband has an Ireland resident card under EuFam, which proves I exercised my rights there and a UK family permit, what more do they need?
I emailed the deputy caseworker but it was for the corrected COA. Why would they give the wrong COA with so much proof? I'm thinking of requesting my passport back.
Moved to Ireland: Feb 13
UK FP: Granted November 13
Ireland RC: Granted Feb 14
Returned to the UK: Feb 14
Applied for EEA2: 18th March 14
EEA2 Rejected: October 14 (re-submitted docs)
EEA2 Granted: December 14 (valid till 2019!)

alijee86

Post by alijee86 » Fri May 23, 2014 11:48 am

Hello everyone!
Jus finished interview with ukba in Liverpool.
It was a fun very nice people very nice n perfect interview. Clock time 20 mins with my wife and 5 mins with me jus after 5 mins he said your interview is finished and am fully satisfied. And he said I was fully satisfied anyway because the officer who arrested you in November he's a good friend of mine and all night we been talking about u. He told me how nice u are and how genuine relationship is this.
That was a bit surprised n weird for me.
And he said u will get your all the documents back in 4 to 6 weeks.

Jalaibi
Pakistan

Post by Jalaibi » Sat May 24, 2014 12:08 am

alijee86 wrote:Hello everyone!
It was a fun very nice people very nice n perfect interview. Clock time 20 mins with my wife and 5 mins with me jus after 5 mins he said your interview is finished and am fully satisfied. And he said I was fully satisfied anyway because the officer who arrested you in November he's a good friend of mine and all night we been talking about u. He told me how nice u are and how genuine relationship is this.
Mate, how did the interview go? What Question they have asked? would be helpful , thanks
We Rise By Lifting Others - Robert Ingersoll

Kaii
Newly Registered

Post by Kaii » Sat May 24, 2014 12:10 am

Congratulation Alijee86 on successful interview, wish you best luck for the outcome, could you please tell us about the type of questions they asked you and your wife and the type of documents you took with you? also keep us updated on the outcome, thanks

alijee86

Post by alijee86 » Sat May 24, 2014 8:40 am

Jalaibi wrote:
Mate, how did the interview go? What Question they have asked? would be helpful , thanks
It went very well mate I wasn't really expecting this kinda interview. Well when we went there he took my wife first and after 20 mins she came back and he asked me to follow him when we went to the interview room he said to me hi hello and all the greetings. And then he said I personally know its a genuine relationship because when u been detained in manchester and the officer who arrested you he told me about your relationship as he's a good friend of mine.
Well I'll explain this here what he meant "on 28th of November 2013 my friend passed his driving test and that night we was having party n stuff drinking n smoking! So we were about 8 I don't drink or anything but they were all pissed and went to sleep about 2 in the morning.
On 29th of november About half 7 in the morning I was up as it was my sisters wedding in pakistan so I wanted to c everything on Skype to I decided to quickly wash my face n then ring home. I went to toilet and then I heard somebody is banging the door so I opened it. It was immigration they showed me the warrant of some random persons name I don't even know him. Then they asked me how many you are in this house I said about 8 then she asked me to come up the stairs in living room. So I went there and rest of the officers went to check all the 6 room and they asked everyone to come to the living room well in short out of them 8 none of them could speak English apart from me then she asked me if I can translate what they are saying I said yeah sure but it will b £20 an hour they laugh their mule out and said ok as they knew I was joking. So they finished everything with everyone and arrested all of them but they didn't even ask me anything who am I where am I from? Then I told them myself that am over stayed and aswell n currently no holding any visa their chief said yeah whatever mate its like u was gonna charge me 20 qudi an hour then I said no am serious this time my passport is upstairs in my jacket they said ok it must b a BRITISH PASSPORT lets c when I showed them my passport and visa finished in 2012 they were all surprised and they said u r a gentleman and an honest person because we thought your a British citizen. Any how I was detained but not arrested because they didn't handcuffs me they didn't put me in the back cell of their van and she said me to come sit with her on the seat. Then they took us to Dallas court and first person was me who been Interviewed by an officer who detained me"

So at the home office in Liverpool my interviewer said me before staring my interview that I know it's a genuine relationship and I don't want to ask you anything but for the record I have to ask u something. Then he asked me when did u meet? where? When did u meet after ? And he said sorry to hear this that your wife had miscarriage of your baby. Then he asked me are u trying for an other baby I said yes and we have an appointment in the hospital on Tuesday and he said its the end of your interview and am fully satisfied with ur relation and u will get your documents n passport back in 4 to 6 weeks.
Documents what I took with me
solicitors letter of changeing of my wife's surname and taking ny surname.
My driving licence n counter part.
Water bill
Mobile bill
letter from child tax credit with my name and my wife's name.
My recent 5 pay slips.
My recent bank statement.
Election polling cards.
All the birthdays, xmas, valentine cards since we started our relationship.
All the posts with my wife's new surname.
Her bank card and bank statement with her new name.
Letter from hospital when my wife had her miscarriage.
I think that's all.
I wish all the best of luck to everyone.

marronery
Newly Registered

Post by marronery » Sat May 24, 2014 12:36 pm

Some more good news for anyone waiting....received my residency card today. Took a month.

April 17 - Mailed EEA2 Application (Married American/Spanish) via Royal Mail Special Delivery
April 18 - Application was delivered.
April 21 - A £55 charge was withdrawn and labeled EURO.
April 26 - Received the confirmation letter dated April 22.
April 29 - COA received with Right to Work dated April 23
May 21 - RC issued
May 24 - RC received in passport with all documents and a kind letter from case worker.

Super fast, super easy. Make sure you send just the necessary papers. Don't overwhelm the case worker with a ton of stuff.

Thank you to everyone on here for advice. Reading everything here has made me a complete legal expert in EU immigration policy.

I am American, my partner, Spanish. 25 and 28 years old.

Good luck to all of you.

annasowul
Newly Registered

Post by annasowul » Mon May 26, 2014 12:42 pm

[quote="john121"]Living together about one and half year with all documents and proofs. It's about an year we got married. Before we were good friends from ages.
Nationalities: I am from Pakistan and she is from EU.
I applied for residence card on 20th May 2013. In June 2013, I got my COA. I received a letter form home office in September 2013 for interview on 24 of October 2013 at 09:00am in liver pool. I attended that interview with my wife, interview was good.
On 26 of November 2013, at 07:30 am, my wife was in the shower, my mother and I both went for morning prayer.
when I came back at home my wife told me that someone knocked the door, she took some time to open the door because of shower.
when she open the door, no one was there. he/she did not left any visit note.
on 29th of November we received a refusal letter with allegation that home office visit team officer visit our property. upstairs light was switch on, window was open, window condensation clearly was showing that some was inside. under these circumstances, visiting officer clearly showed his identity that he was from immigration officer. still someone intentionally did not answer the door because someone did not talk to the immigration. home office considers that you both husband and wife did not maintain their address. this is a marriage of convenience. Appeal on 20 June 2014

my questions.
please answer that immigration officer should have left a visiting note to contact back or just to inform the house holder?
if yes then under which rule and regulation should leave a note?
any case reference regarding this situation?
please reply as soon as possible.
thanks

Jalaibi
Pakistan

Post by Jalaibi » Mon May 26, 2014 1:05 pm

Hi Every1, This forum is really useful and very helpful.
Application Submitted : 3rd February 2014
Received: 4th February 2014
Acknowledgment Letter: 5th Feb 2014
COA : 12th Feb 2014
Letter for Interview: 09th June 2014

I am wondering what kind of questions they will ask? If there is any one who went through the process please share questions and answers. One more thing I am working cash in hand job these days, if HO asks about my job what should I say?

Much appreciate

alijee86

Post by alijee86 » Mon May 26, 2014 1:23 pm

For all the questions regarding interview visit
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 62820.html
And all the information Is available on this page aswell from different users.

Kaii
Newly Registered

Post by Kaii » Tue May 27, 2014 10:31 pm

Anyone got interview on the 27th june?

Jalaibi
Pakistan

Post by Jalaibi » Thu May 29, 2014 8:30 pm

Kaii wrote:Anyone got interview on the 27th june?
Kai what's your and your partner's nationality ?

Kaii
Newly Registered

Post by Kaii » Fri May 30, 2014 1:23 pm

Jalaibi wrote:
Kaii wrote:Anyone got interview on the 27th june?
Kai what's your and your partner's nationality ?
Colombian and German

alijee86

Post by alijee86 » Fri May 30, 2014 7:35 pm

I request all the forum members who have attended the interview on 23rd of may 2014 to please come forward and share your experience with other users. And please please when u receive your RC or any responses from homeoffice after your interview please share it in this forum on this page . cheers.
Good luck everyone.

Chelseaman89
Newly Registered

Post by Chelseaman89 » Fri May 30, 2014 11:05 pm

alijee86 wrote:I request all the forum members who have attended the interview on 23rd of may 2014 to please come forward and share your experience with other users. And please please when u receive your RC or any responses from homeoffice after your interview please share it in this forum on this page . cheers.
Good luck everyone.

I have done the interview in 22/5/2014 .

I can say the interview was very strange it was around 40 min for me and 30 for my wife most of the time the officer was looking into my documents and Same happened to my wife !
Most of the question was about our employment and no question to prove we are genuine couple !
I applied since December and didn't hear anything yet .
I hope that helps
Cheers

alijee86

Post by alijee86 » Fri May 30, 2014 11:21 pm

Chelseaman89 wrote:
alijee86 wrote:I request all the forum members who have attended the interview on 23rd of may 2014 to please come forward and share your experience with other users. And please please when u receive your RC or any responses from homeoffice after your interview please share it in this forum on this page . cheers.
Good luck everyone.

I can say the interview was very strange it was around 40 min for me and 30 for my wife most of the time the officer was looking into my documents and Same happened to my wife !
Most of the question was about our employment and no question to prove we are genuine couple !
I hope that helps
Cheers
Thanks for your reply
Don't worry mate everything will be okay i had my interview on 23rd of may which was 20 mins with my wife and 5 mins with me after your interview did they tell u after how long u will get your documents back or something?
And can u state your nationalities of both of u please.
Cheers

lilidu09
Newly Registered

Post by lilidu09 » Sat May 31, 2014 9:29 am

Hi everyone new to the forum i have an upcoming interview as well.
I found some information as to why we are all being called in for interview. which is in The immigration (European Economic Area) Amendment Regulations 2013 which is an amendment of Regulations 2006.

“Verification of a right of residence
20B.—(1) This regulation applies when the Secretary of State—
(a) has reasonable doubt as to whether a person (“A”) has a right to reside under
regulation 14(1) or (2); or
(b) wants to verify the eligibility of a person (“A”) to apply for documentation issued
under Part 3.
(2) The Secretary of State may invite A to—
(a) provide evidence to support the existence of a right to reside, or to support an
application for documentation under Part 3; or
(b) attend an interview with the Secretary of State.
(3) If A purports to be entitled to a right to reside on the basis of a relationship with
another person (“B”), the Secretary of State may invite B to—
(a) provide information about their relationship with A; or
(b) attend an interview with the Secretary of State.
(4) If, without good reason, A or B fail to provide the additional information requested or,
on at least two occasions, fail to attend an interview if so invited, the Secretary of State may
draw any factual inferences about A’s entitlement to a right to reside as appear appropriate
in the circumstances.
(5) The Secretary of State may decide following an inference under paragraph (4) that A
does not have or ceases to have a right to reside.
(6) But the Secretary of State must not decide that A does not have or ceases to have a
right to reside on the sole basis that A failed to comply with this regulation.
(7) This regulation may not be invoked systematically.
(8) In this regulation, “a right to reside” means a right to reside under these Regulations.”.

If i understand this well, it should be to determine our right to reside, but the EU Law states that we have an automatic entitlement to reside with our EEA national and that they should be no financial or accommodation requirements, no interview, no fees please refer to http://www.lawcentreni.org/EoR/immigrat ... tions.html

To my opinion, they are just doing so to stop us from freely leaving our relationships. I think this need to stop. And the only apparent way is for all our EEA nationals to file a complaint to the EU court. Even when you are a genuine couple just the thought of an interview of course put pressure on you. Most people are afraid of normal job interview, how much more knowing that your RC depend on the outcome of an interview? This is in no way fair because the UK is amending EU Laws to suit them and if we do not stop them this will affect many people.

lilidu09
Newly Registered

Post by lilidu09 » Sat May 31, 2014 9:38 am

And in one word YES they do not believe the relationship is genuine.

Because the word PURPORT used in the Regulations 2013 means : To claim (to be a certain thing,etc) by manner of appearance esp falsely.

What a shame.
All i can say is let us not loose heart. As long as are relationship are real, there's nothing they can do to stop us leaving together.

All the best to us all.

Jalaibi
Pakistan

Post by Jalaibi » Sat May 31, 2014 12:40 pm

Chelseaman89 wrote:
Good luck everyone.

I hope that helps
Cheers
Thanks for telling us about your interview, I wish you good luck, I have an interview coming up, need to ask some info
May I know your and your partner nationalities?
On what basis you have applied for RC
at the end of interview did they tell you was it successful or not?

hachim
Newly Registered

Post by hachim » Sat May 31, 2014 2:56 pm

do they keep documents you bring along to the interview or they just verify them and you take them back?