ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Chelseaman89
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by Chelseaman89 » Sat May 31, 2014 3:02 pm

alijee86 wrote:
Chelseaman89 wrote:
alijee86 wrote:I request all the forum members who have attended the interview on 23rd of may 2014 to please come forward and share your experience with other users. And please please when u receive your RC or any responses from homeoffice after your interview please share it in this forum on this page . cheers.
Good luck everyone.

I have done the interview in 22/5/2014 .

I can say the interview was very strange it was around 40 min for me and 30 for my wife most of the time the officer was looking into my documents and Same happened to my wife !
Most of the question was about or employment and no question to prove we are genuine couple !
I applied since December and didn't hear anything yet .
I hope that helps
Cheers
Thanks for your reply
Don't worry mate everything will be okay i had my interview on 23rd of may which was 20 mins with my wife and 5 mins with me after your interview did they tell u after how long u will get your documents back or something?
And can u state your nationalities of both of u please.
Cheers
Honesly I am not worried because of the I interview as muck as upset from the way interviews was doing interview and trying to give me advices while he is not in position to do so !
I don't care as all in record and I am sure all questions we answered almost the same and that's what should be count .

Any way nationalities won't differ but what I saw on that day most of people interviews where African and Europeans any way me and my wife are from same country of origin just we carry different passports .

We applied on basis If the EU is self employed .
The officer told my wife of May take 6/8 weeks but that's shouldn't be the case as it's going to complete 6 months of application in less than 3 weeks .

He didn't mention anything regarding result of interview but if they get the results from the interview quetions then it shouldn't be problem .

Cheers

alijee86

Post by alijee86 » Sat May 31, 2014 3:38 pm

hachim wrote:do they keep documents you bring along to the interview or they just verify them and you take them back?
Yes they do keep all the documents for their records but they will send all the documents back along your passport if u application is successful.
Cheers

sknen
Newly Registered

Post by sknen » Sat May 31, 2014 5:48 pm

Hi everyone,

Sent application 23 April
They received it 24 April
Asked back our documents 27 April
Asked again 13 May
And again 19 May
Got documents back 21 May
Residence card came in the post 31 May!

It took just 6 weeks to get the residence card, I was expecting it to take much longer. We did our best to put in as much supporting documents we could possibly think of, maybe it helped.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sat May 31, 2014 5:59 pm

@sknen: congrats! that was really quick.
what about listing your documents? that might help other people

gino42
Newly Registered

Post by gino42 » Sat May 31, 2014 7:57 pm

Hi All,

Here is our timeline:

Application for EEA2 mailed April 16th
COA received April 28th
Request passports back April 28th
Non EEA passport received May 2nd
EEA passport received May 17th
RC received May 30th

FYI Attached with the application was my EEA1 RC which I had already obtained.

Cheers
Gino

Kaii
Newly Registered

Post by Kaii » Sat May 31, 2014 8:47 pm

Hello everyone,
Can somebody please tell me what information to include on the "supporting letters" from the family and friends to support our application. Any help would be much appreciated, Even the main points to include, Any tips plz? Thanks

Ali12035
Germany

Post by Ali12035 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:26 pm

Hi every one,
I got my Residence Card today.

application sent 13 march 2014
received 14 march 2014
Fess 14 March 2014
COA 17 March 2014
Residence Card issued 02 may 2014 Received on 30 may 2014 in separate paper
I am Pakistani wife German ( married since 2 years)

Senior members.

I sent my first Application on 01 august 2013 which was refused, my passport is with Home office since august 2013, But home office sent me Card in separate paper even my passport is valid until sep 2016.

any suggestion please what i should do????

lilidu09
Newly Registered

Post by lilidu09 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:06 pm

sknen wrote:Hi everyone,

Asked again 13 May
And again 19 May

It took just 6 weeks to get the residence card, I was expecting it to take much longer. We did our best to put in as much supporting documents we could possibly think of, maybe it helped.

Hi congratulations on receiving your RC, do you mind tell us briefly both you and your partner nationality and if you still had a valid visa when you applied.
Thank you.

Ali12035
Germany

Post by Ali12035 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:40 pm

lilidu09 wrote:
sknen wrote:Hi everyone,

Asked again 13 May
And again 19 May

Hi congratulations on receiving your RC, do you mind tell us briefly both you and your partner nationality and if you still had a valid visa when you applied.
Thank you.
I am Pakistani and wife is german My visa was valid

Kev8585
Newly Registered

Post by Kev8585 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:27 pm

Dear All,

Time line and need advise.

Husband Indian
Wife Portuguese.

Initial Application 3 rd November 2013
Visa Expiring 15th November 2013

Application retured payment problem 3rd December 2013

Re-Application Date:- 4th Dec 2013
Coa with work 30th Dec 2013.

During the application we clearly mentioned that we are not staying together as we have family (parents) problems due to our religion being different.

Our relationship is 5 year old . (proof provided with application)

Home office visit:- 03/6/2014:- to check if my wife is staying with me and check genuinne realtionship:

Genuine relationship:- saw phone calls and love messages

Staying together:- I already mentioned in the application it will take time. (Dont they read the cover letter)

Now I have a feeling they will refuse the Application:

Question 1:- Do I get right to appeal as my re-application date was 4th december 2013 i.e after 15 November 2013 my visa end date.

Question 2:- If no right to appeal that what options A) re-apply B) go back home and apply C) something else entirely.

Throughout our relationships we have been frowned upon by many people because of religion. We need support. Please help us. Please advise us.

sam0044
Newly Registered

Post by sam0044 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:29 am

Here is my timeline:-

Date Applied:- 09-01-2014
Interview Held:- 23-05-2014
RC Refused:- 29-05-2014

Reason:- They asked us 48 questions In total, 47 questions we gave correct answers. The only reason for their refusal is to the wrong answer to the question "Where you bought wedding rings from"

I said Argos, my spouse said M&S. My wife was right we bought them from M&S. I still can't believe how I forgot that:(

That's the reason of their refusal, just this one question and now they say because of this wrong answer it's a marriage of convenience.

What a load of crap, they refused us based on just this 1 wrong answer, what about those other 47 questions we got right.

Going to appeal in couple of days:-)

Good luck to everyone who are waiting for a decision, wish you success:-)

amrylo
Newly Registered

Post by amrylo » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:38 am

Has anyone applied recently, in the last month (May). How long does it take to receive COA

alijee86

Post by alijee86 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:22 am

I have attended the interview on 23rd of may 2014 which I think was very good but still am waiting for any response from home office as the interviewer told me it will take about 4 to 6 weeks.
Does any1 have any idea that how long will it take or how long does it normally takes for a decision to make after the interview.
Cheers

lilidu09
Newly Registered

Post by lilidu09 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:03 am

sam0044 wrote:Here is my timeline:-

Date Applied:- 09-01-2014
Interview Held:- 23-05-2014
RC Refused:- 29-05-2014

Reason:- They asked us 48 questions In total, 47 questions we gave correct answers. The only reason for their refusal is to the wrong answer to the question "Where you bought wedding rings from"

I said Argos, my spouse said M&S. My wife was right we bought them from M&S. I still can't believe how I forgot that:(

That's the reason of their refusal, just this one question and now they say because of this wrong answer it's a marriage of convenience.

What a load of crap, they refused us based on just this 1 wrong answer, what about those other 47 questions we got right.

Going to appeal in couple of days:-)

Good luck to everyone who are waiting for a decision, wish you success:-)

Hi Sam, sorry to hear about your refusal and i know you will win your appeal. As you said it is load of crap.
It is unfair. The sad thing is that many normal married couple to say so i.e who do not require visas will fail those interview and yet they are still putting pressure on us. To me they are abusing their power, putting people into emotional and psychological trauma. I know we all have our individual lives and probably just want to get it done and get on with our lives, but if we don't speak up for our RIGHTS no one will and trust me as long as we stay in the shadow they will do even worse. Please guys find out your Rights don't think that if you speak up they will refuse you the RC trust me all those refusal reasons won't stand in front of a judge as they still have to follow the DIRECTIVE 2004/38/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT
AND OF THE COUNCIL of 29 April 2004 which they signed. Also according to Article 8: Right to Respect for Private and Family Life
1. Everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life, his home and his correspondence.

2. There shall be no interference by a public authority with the exercise of this right except such as is in accordance with the law and is necessary in a democratic society in the interests of national security, public safety or the economic well-being of the country, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, or for the protection of the rights and freedoms of others.

I will stress it again please please we need to know our RIGHTS, do not think a second that because that they are an authority they can do whatever, no they still need to follow rules, for having appeared to court before and won each case, i really do speak from experience.

Last just to remind us as Human being we have RIGHTS. And they have to be apllied regardless of where you are in the world. If anyone wants to read.
http://www.yourrights.org.uk/yourrights ... -life.html

All the best to us all. All is well. Remember there is a time for everything. The rainy days will cease and the sun will appear. Keep up the Faith.

Ali12035
Germany

Post by Ali12035 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:49 pm

Hello all Senior Members,

I was married in India and have 3 kids from ex wife 14, 12 and 8 years old which she gave me in my custody, We divorced 2 years ago an then I married here in UK with EU citizen,and Kids are living with their Aunty in India.

Me and My spouse got our EEA1 and EEA2 this year as she was worker.

My Question is Which documents we need to apply for EEA family permit for kids to UK?
or
Can you give me a good idea that they can get EEA Family permit easly?

Thank you very much.

Must reply please we are waiting for our child's to come here join us.

shuruburu
Newly Registered

Post by shuruburu » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:14 pm

Hello all members,

This is our timeline
25-02-2014 Application sent
01-03-2014 COA (no right to work)
22-05-2014 Letter received to attend the interview on 23-06-2014

Can you please share some more questions that we might get asked at the interview? I would never think that they can get into such a small details as 'where you bought your rings from?''

Thank you and good luck to everyone!

sann26
Newly Registered

Post by sann26 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:57 am

shuruburu wrote:Hello all members,

This is our timeline
25-02-2014 Application sent
01-03-2014 COA (no right to work)
22-05-2014 Letter received to attend the interview on 23-06-2014

Can you please share some more questions that we might get asked at the interview? I would never think that they can get into such a small details as 'where you bought your rings from?''

I had interview on 23 may went well. They can ask you anything first date first kiss what did you order on your first date. If your taking bank statement about ur transactions

Thank you and good luck to everyone!

sann26
Newly Registered

Post by sann26 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:02 am

alijee86 wrote:I have attended the interview on 23rd of may 2014 which I think was very good but still am waiting for any response from home office as the interviewer told me it will take about 4 to 6 weeks.
Does any1 have any idea that how long will it take or how long does it normally takes for a decision to make after the interview.
Cheers
I HAD INTERVIEWED ON 23 MAY. The interview went well. Still waiting for my results.
My timeline
Sent case on 12 december
Ackowledment letter recieved 14 dec
No Coa recieved
Interview letter recieved 22 april 14
Interview 23 may 14
Still waiting

alijee86

Post by alijee86 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:05 pm

sann26 wrote:
alijee86 wrote:I have attended the interview on 23rd of may 2014 which I think was very good but still am waiting for any response from home office as the interviewer told me it will take about 4 to 6 weeks.
Cheers
I HAD INTERVIEWED ON 23 MAY. The interview went well. Still waiting for my results.
My timeline
Sent case on 12 december
Ackowledment letter recieved 14 dec
No Coa recieved
Interview letter recieved 22 april 14
Interview 23 may 14
Still waiting
Thanks for your reply I think I have seen you there I was wearing a gray blazer and I think u was wearing purple top if am not wrong. And please let me know whenever u receive anything.
Cheers

sknen
Newly Registered

Post by sknen » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:54 am

So we got the residence card in six weeks after applying, very quick - here is some info that might be useful to you guys.

I'm Finnish, my husband is Ugandan. We got married only 7 weeks before we moved to UK, so we took extra care to provide as much information in our application as possible. His EEA family permit was still valid when we applied for EEA2.

Supporting documents (besides the usual passports, photos, marriage certificate, my work contract/letter/payslips for UK):
- my old passport to show my work visa for Uganda
- joint health insurance papers and cards from Uganda
- photos, a lot of them, in Uganda, in Finland, in UK, with family, with friends, with our dog etc.
- joint tenancy agreement UK
- joint life insurance UK
- joint bank account statement UK
- support letter from my parents
- support letter from my former boss (she's Finnish)
- support letter from a former colleague in Uganda (he is a British solicitor, very helpful letter!)

sann26
Newly Registered

Post by sann26 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:33 pm

Hello alijee86 did you get any reply yet my 6 months will be over tommorow. I hope they will give me a good news soon.

alijee86

Post by alijee86 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:51 pm

sann26 wrote:Hello alijee86 did you get any reply yet my 6 months will be over tommorow. I hope they will give me a good news soon.
Hiya sann26
Unfortunately I have not heard anything yet after my interview.
Rang home office today and I been told that not any decisions is made been yet. So I decided to request for the return of my all documents hope that might helps to boost up rest of the process.

Chelseaman89
Newly Registered

Post by Chelseaman89 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:39 pm

alijee86 wrote:
sann26 wrote:Hello alijee86 did you get any reply yet my 6 months will be over tommorow. I hope they will give me a good news soon.
Hiya sann26
Unfortunately I have not heard anything yet after my interview.
Rang home office today and I been told that not any decisions is made been yet. So I decided to request for the return of my all documents hope that might helps to boost up rest of the process.
I hope you don't face my problem !

I have done the interview too on 22/5 and when I asked for my documents they said I can't get it without decision !
Then when I sent an email to complain it turned out that home office can't locate my passport ! I thought they lost the minute if realized it wasn't there on the table on the day of the interview !

Now they home office claim they are looking for it ! And the fact is I think they lost it !

Any one have suggestion for that ?

shinwangeutreaty

Post by shinwangeutreaty » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:32 pm

I hope you don't face my problem !

I have done the interview too on 22/5 and when I asked for my documents they said I can't get it without decision !
Then when I sent an email to complain it turned out that home office can't locate my passport ! I thought they lost the minute if realized it wasn't there on the table on the day of the interview !

Now they home office claim they are looking for it ! And the fact is I think they lost it !

Any one have suggestion for that ?[/quote]

My friend,

Sorry to hear that above.

you'd better to seek a psychologist, psychotherapy may help you.

The suggestion is in good faith.

Chelseaman89
Newly Registered

Post by Chelseaman89 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:17 pm

shinwangeutreaty wrote:I hope you don't face my problem !

Any one have suggestion for that ?

My friend,

Sorry to hear that above.

you'd better to seek a psychologist, psychotherapy may help you.

The suggestion is in good faith.[/quote]

I thought this forum is full of useful people ! But didn't know there are some entertainer who have sense of humor !
But I don't know what sort of faith you suggest ?!

Meantime I hope I can get some helpful suggestions !
Cheers