ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

majojo

Post by majojo » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:45 am

Monique30 wrote:Good evening all,

I am new to this forum and wanted to ask your advice. My timeline is:

Applied on: 16/01/2013
Acknowledgement received: 21/01/2013 (dated 18/01/2013)
Biometric received: 11/03/2013 (dated 8/03/2013)
Biometric done: 15/03/2013
Request for more documents: 22/10/2013 (deadline:30/10/2013)
Documents sent: Today (24/10/2013)

My story briefly:

Came here in 2000 on a visitor's visa and overstayed (issues i can't get into now). Anyway, I tried to regularise my status in 2010 as a dependent of my mother when she applied as the unmarried spouse of a british citizen. Was refused in 2011 which i knew would happen as I was over the age of 18- surprisingly, my mother's application was refused also (she has a british partner and british child).

At that time I was in a relationship with my boyfriend who is now my husband and moved in with him literally a month after the application was sent. As mentioned above the application was refused in summer of 2011 (received the letter the day I found out i was pregnant). Had difficulties with the pregnancy so decided to wait until after the baby was born before trying again to regularise my status. Got married in March 2012, I was 8 months pregnant and literally quaking in my boots that UKBA would come and drag me out on my wedding day. By the grace of God it went off without an itch yay!

So in January of this year my solicitor put in flro application based on me being the spouse/wife of a british citizen and the parent of a british child (not entirely sure of the particulars but know that in the cover letter he quoted countless amount of case studies relating to my case).

Anyway, here we are 9 months later and they've asked me for more documents some or most of which I haven't got but both my husband and solicitor has written good cover letters to explain this and i sent what I do have. What I found strange was the fact that not only did they ask for all our passports but they also asked for my daughter's (who is 18mnths old) 'red book'. What do you guys think? I mean she has been a poorly baby with chest problems ( probably will be asthmatic when she is older), has been admitted to hospital a few times which they know about. So I am not entirely sure about that one....(the case of the 'red book' I mean). We've sent it anyway.

I am sorry about the length of this post, i didn't realise I would go on for this length of time. Ok just tell me what you think about my case and or any opinions on the request for my baby's red book. Thanks
[/quote]

My dear you have been granted in advance trust me believe cos look at how God has done everything. I have the same time line with you just married tins British no child plied for the 10 year partner route wich stays if you can't meet the 5 year route you can apply for that proven you can stay her bla bla bla. So am hoping I get some news soon as wel lool but hey truste you will be granted soon God is I. Control read Isaiah 45:2 now now now and proclaim
It amen am my each of us get granted cos this wait is frustrating Jesusnsave us en

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Re: Haaayyyy!!!!

Post by dapsonlee » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:12 am

progeny5kay wrote:Hi everyone I just woke up this morning as usual hoping to spend my day lounging as I always do without status, I heard this loud bang bang on my door and I was thinking who could this be is it home office coming to disturb my peace or what my woman went to open the door while I was behind her to see who it was there was this tall man with an OPP style of dressing wearing his baseball cap backward my woman took the letter off him and I snapped it up, saw my name on it press the envelope there was something like a bank card I tore it open there was a bio-metric card . I HAVE BEEN GRANTED 2.5 THANKS TO EVERYONE THIS FORUM YOU ALL HAVE BEEN FANTASTIC

my timeline again
applied on:05/09/2013
Bio metric Received on: 13/09/2013 dated 11/09/2013
Bio metric Done:13/09/2013
acknowledgement received on:12/09/2013 was dated 09/09/2013
requested more documents: received 29/09/2013 dated 24/09/2013 stated it should be received by 10/10/2013
more documents: sent 08/10/2013
bio-metric card leave to remain received:24/10/2013 was issued on 22/10/2013[/b] :D :D :D :D
Congratulations progeny5kay, Yours is a journey well rewarded.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:18 am

My story briefly:

Came here in 2000 on a visitor's visa and overstayed (issues i can't get into now). Anyway, I tried to regularise my status in 2010 as a dependent of my mother when she applied as the unmarried spouse of a british citizen. Was refused in 2011 which i knew would happen as I was over the age of 18- surprisingly, my mother's application was refused also (she has a british partner and british child).

At that time I was in a relationship with my boyfriend who is now my husband and moved in with him literally a month after the application was sent. As mentioned above the application was refused in summer of 2011 (received the letter the day I found out i was pregnant). Had difficulties with the pregnancy so decided to wait until after the baby was born before trying again to regularise my status. Got married in March 2012, I was 8 months pregnant and literally quaking in my boots that UKBA would come and drag me out on my wedding day. By the grace of God it went off without an itch yay!

So in January of this year my solicitor put in flro application based on me being the spouse/wife of a british citizen and the parent of a british child (not entirely sure of the particulars but know that in the cover letter he quoted countless amount of case studies relating to my case).

Anyway, here we are 9 months later and they've asked me for more documents some or most of which I haven't got but both my husband and solicitor has written good cover letters to explain this and i sent what I do have. What I found strange was the fact that not only did they ask for all our passports but they also asked for my daughter's (who is 18mnths old) 'red book'. What do you guys think? I mean she has been a poorly baby with chest problems ( probably will be asthmatic when she is older), has been admitted to hospital a few times which they know about. So I am not entirely sure about that one....(the case of the 'red book' I mean). We've sent it anyway.

I am sorry about the length of this post, i didn't realize I would go on for this length of time. Ok just tell me what you think about my case and or any opinions on the request for my baby's red book. Thanks
[/quote]

Home Office operates not on human level but takes the divine intervention of God to pull you through. We have seen weak cases prevail and strong ones with setback. But with faith there is always a strong light at the end of the tunnel. So pls do not despair, just put your caseworker before God and he surely will reward you with your freedom. We will all prevail.

P.S. i am really glad to see that a case from January is being worked on, we have almost the same timeline in line with bio metrics. hopefully that goes with the rest of cases from January.. Goodluck!

majojo

Post by majojo » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:24 am

dapsonlee wrote:

My story briefly:

Anyway, here we are 9 months later and they've asked me for more

documents some or most of which I haven't got but both my husband and solicitor has written good cover letters to explain this and i sent what I do have. What I found strange was the fact that not only did they ask for all our passports but they also asked for my daughter's (who is 18mnths old) 'red book'. What do you guys think? I mean she has been a poorly baby with chest problems ( probably will be asthmatic when she is older), has been admitted to hospital a few times which they know about. So I am not entirely sure about that one....(the case of the 'red book' I mean). We've sent it anyway.

I am sorry about the length of this post, i didn't realize I would go on for this length of time. Ok just tell me what you think about my case and or any opinions on the request for my baby's red book. Thanks
Home Office operates not on human level but takes the divine intervention of God to pull you through. We have seen weak cases prevail and strong ones with setback. But with faith there is always a strong light at the end of the tunnel. So pls do not despair, just put your caseworker before God and he surely will reward you with your freedom. We will all prevail.

P.S. i am really glad to see that a case from January is being worked on, we have almost the same timeline in line with bio metrics. hopefully that goes with the rest of cases from January.. Goodluck![/quote]hoping so too dear the wait is too mic of a killer Gods own time we wil prevail Isaiah 45:2 shall work for us xxxxxxx

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:07 pm

My story briefly:

I am sorry about the length of this post, i didn't realise I would go on for this length of time. Ok just tell me what you think about my case and or any opinions on the request for my baby's red book. Thanks
Welcome to the forum babe! I wont think too much into them asking to see the red book. Its a very positive thing that they are requesting additional docs, meaning they are actively looking into your application. Im sure its only a matter of weeks until you are granted! You re nearly there!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:11 pm

progeny5kay wrote:Hi everyone I just woke up this morning as usual hoping to spend my day lounging as I always do without status, I heard this loud bang bang on my door and I was thinking who could this be is it home office coming to disturb my peace or what my woman went to open the door while I was behind her to see who it was there was this tall man with an OPP style of dressing wearing his baseball cap backward my woman took the letter off him and I snapped it up, saw my name on it press the envelope there was something like a bank card I tore it open there was a bio-metric card . I HAVE BEEN GRANTED 2.5 THANKS TO EVERYONE THIS FORUM YOU ALL HAVE BEEN FANTASTIC

my timeline again
requested more documents: received 29/09/2013 dated 24/09/2013 stated it should be received by 10/10/2013
bio-metric card leave to remain received:24/10/2013 was issued on 22/10/2013[/b] :D :D :D :D
Big Congratulations!! and another one bites the dust.. One by one the forum will all have visas
FLR O Extension applied: 21 Sep 2013
Acknowledgment Letter dated: 24 Sep 2013
Biometrics: 1 Oct 2013 letter, done: 4 Oct 2013
Decision: 12 October granted DLR until Oct 2016
Documents: Received 17 October 2013
BRP: 23 October

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:34 pm

Sweetypie wrote:

my timeline again
Big Congratulations!! and another one bites the dust.. One by one the forum will all have visas
Good afternoon all. Not to seem ungrateful but looks like we have a visa strike rate of two per week. Could be better but all the same thank God for it, we will continue to believe.

Anyways 3 cheers (NOT ) for George Osbourne for his stewardship of the economy as it grew by 0.8%, however, what he failed to highlight or mention was that Britain has the highest debt ratio to GDP than any other developed nation so in lay man's terms the ordinary people like you and I will never benefit from that 0.8% - thanks to quantitative easing which as we know is supposed to be a quick fix solution but we have had it for 4 years now, not good as it weakens a currency and halves any assets in the long term - In the real world we call it printing money to create a false economy!!!!!. I am no economist but I could do a better job frankly. Hardly any cause for celebration as we are all royally screwed.......Absolutely freezing in my home better wear a jumper (tongue in cheek)

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:34 pm

Believe2013 wrote:
Sweetypie wrote:

my timeline again
Good afternoon all. Not to seem ungrateful but looks like we have a visa strike rate of two per week. Could be better but all the same thank God for it, we will continue to believe.

Anyways 3 cheers (NOT ) for George Osbourne for his stewardship of the economy as it grew by 0.8%, however, what he failed to highlight or mention was that Britain has the highest debt ratio to GDP than any other developed nation so in lay man's terms the ordinary people like you and I will never benefit from that 0.8% - thanks to quantitative easing which as we know is supposed to be a quick fix solution but we have had it for 4 years now, not good as it weakens a currency and halves any assets in the long term - In the real world we call it printing money to create a false economy!!!!!. I am no economist but I could do a better job frankly. Hardly any cause for celebration as we are all royally screwed.......Absolutely freezing in my home better wear a jumper (tongue in cheek)
NOOO 2 visas per week is NOT nearly good enough!!!!! We want MORE!!!!! But I suppose one cant complain, as at least we ve not had any refusals this week..... 8)

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:39 pm

Good afternoon Forum! Hope everyone is ok, someone who got a visa recently many many congratulation, enjoy your freedom but who got refused, sorry for that, will get a stay one day, keep fighting till the end. My solicitor told me HO must put removal notice, he didn't tell me when? its already 2 months. I asked him to go for a JR but he is telling me, wait once HO put removal notice, you have a right of appeal. I am worried when my 3 months over after refusal, I can't go for a JR so every door will be closed for a fight to HO. But my solicitor insist me, no need to worry about. Guys suggest me please what should I do? and other things I applied my child british citizenship a week ago, my solicitor said wait for your child british citizenship, then your case will be more stronger and you have chance. I don't know what to do? Shall I change the solicitor? Please advise me.

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:19 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:Good afternoon Forum! Hope everyone is ok, someone who got a visa recently many many congratulation, enjoy your freedom but who got refused, sorry for that, will get a stay one day, keep fighting till the end. My solicitor told me HO must put removal notice, he didn't tell me when? its already 2 months. I asked him to go for a JR but he is telling me, wait once HO put removal notice, you have a right of appeal. I am worried when my 3 months over after refusal, I can't go for a JR so every door will be closed for a fight to HO. But my solicitor insist me, no need to worry about. Guys suggest me please what should I do? and other things I applied my child british citizenship a week ago, my solicitor said wait for your child british citizenship, then your case will be more stronger and you have chance. I don't know what to do? Shall I change the solicitor? Please advise me.
Well I actually think it makes sense to wait until your child gets a British passport. Then you will have an option to submit a fresh application based on that, which should be more cost-effective and considerably quicker then going for JR now.......

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:37 pm

verbina wrote:
Shondra Sharma wrote:Good afternoon Forum! Hope everyone is ok, someone who got a visa recently many many congratulation, enjoy your freedom but who got refused, sorry for that, will get a stay one day, keep fighting till the end. My solicitor told me HO must put removal notice, he didn't tell me when? its already 2 months. I asked him to go for a JR but he is telling me, wait once HO put removal notice, you have a right of appeal. I am worried when my 3 months over after refusal, I can't go for a JR so every door will be closed for a fight to HO. But my solicitor insist me, no need to worry about. Guys suggest me please what should I do? and other things I applied my child british citizenship a week ago, my solicitor said wait for your child british citizenship, then your case will be more stronger and you have chance. I don't know what to do? Shall I change the solicitor? Please advise me.
Well I actually think it makes sense to wait until your child gets a British passport. Then you will have an option to submit a fresh application based on that, which should be more cost-effective and considerably quicker then going for JR now.......
I totally agree with Verbina, once your child gets the citizenship it will make it much easier for you plus fresh applications have turned out to be quicker and easier route than JR in last few weeks.
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:21 pm

thanks@verbina and hastched, that means my solicitor is right. Any risk for detain before I get my child british citizenship because at the moment my child british application is in home office, just a week ago I applied.

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:30 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:thanks@verbina and hastched, that means my solicitor is right. Any risk for detain before I get my child british citizenship because at the moment my child british application is in home office, just a week ago I applied.
Well you just have to be careful of course, but I reckon its very very unlikely anyone would want to detain you now....
Besides, should anything happen your solicitor will very easily get you out within 48 hours max.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:35 pm

thanks@verbina after refusal my solicitor send reconsideration letter, he is telling me without removal notice, they can't do that its already more than two months of my refusal, my child just reached 10 last week so I made a t-application for british citizenship (born and lived in uk for 10 years category).

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:45 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:thanks@verbina after refusal my solicitor send reconsideration letter, he is telling me without removal notice, they can't do that its already more than two months of my refusal, my child just reached 10 last week so I made a t-application for british citizenship (born and lived in uk for 10 years category).
So you really have nothing to worry about hun, honestly, I know its hard.... But basically just do nothing and wait for your child's passport. Fingers crossed it wont be long.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:50 pm

thanks@verbina been in uk 16 (8 years legally+8 years illegally)years still empty handed better to say badluck in a life. God bless you and god bless all.

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:53 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:thanks@verbina been in uk 16 (8 years legally+8 years illegally)years still empty handed better to say badluck in a life. God bless you and god bless all.
Same here luv-15 years here (13 illegally :o ), its okay, I know we are on the right path and its only a matter of time now until we legalise ourselves here. All the best for you and your family.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:04 pm

@verbina wishing you all the best, god bless.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:12 pm

@summer2013 how are you? any news have you got any reply from PAP? Have you gone for JR?

naba

advice

Post by naba » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:03 pm

Dear mates,

Hope all you are well. Please do advise me on a few things; my visa expired in last month, I have been refused no appeal right but my solicitor applied for a appeal permission. Do I have any chance to face immigration police? If so what should I do? Does HO know my legal process? I am totally in dark.
highly appreciate your advice and suggestions. God bless you all.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:32 pm

verbina wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:
Sweetypie wrote:

my timeline again

NOOO 2 visas per week is NOT nearly good enough!!!!! We want MORE!!!!! But I suppose one cant complain, as at least we ve not had any refusals this week..... 8)
Verbs, hope you are well, It's worse than watching paint dry........ Have a good weekend!

God's Authority

Hello Everyone

Post by God's Authority » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:41 pm

Hi everyone, hope we are all doing ok?

Happy weekend, have fun and no worries please, all is well and will surely end well. Congrats are surely in order for progenyskay, God bless you and your family.

Shondra and darling Verbina, all will be well. Please don't worry about the number of years, I pray God will perfect it all and you will surely rejoice.

Sometimes, I do kind of think how much of ''good-luck'' my unborn child has brought me so far, not that am being ungrateful but circumstances have made me think so hard and compare my daughter and unborn child but then who am I to judge and condemn God for choosing to bless me.
Such irony of life.

Please lovely people, if you know anything about appeals, anything I can say on that day when it finally arrives, how to comport myself in front of the judge, etc anything you just feel will be useful please do not hesitate to let me know.

God bless you all, sweet dreams.

P.S Naba dear, I wish I could offer some advice but I am not so knowledgeable on these things but am sure Hatchshead,Verbina, Hatshuku will be able to offer more advice in this regard. Take care dear.

naba

Re: Re applying

Post by naba » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:28 pm

MRLAOLU wrote:
Hadassah wrote:Hello ladies and gentlemen. I ll like to congratulate all those that had their visas granted and to us dt were refused that the good God will have mercy on us and make a way. And to those waiting to hear for a reply,I wish dem all d very best according to their heart desires.
I have a quick question, pls aw does reapplying after refusal with right to peal works? My lawyer advices I reapply that they r responding faster now. I ll appreciate to read a reply soon. Thanks
Hi

The problem about reapplying and not appealing is that if you are later refused again you will not be granted an appeal right the second time. My advice is that you complete an appeal form. It may take longer for the appeal to be heard but your chances of been granted are far greater as HO can simply refuse you again. Good Luck
Dear MRLAOLU, I heard you applied for the appeal right and got it. Please let me know how long did it take to get the permission? Thanks so much, god bless you.

naba

thanks

Post by naba » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:31 pm

@ God's Authority, Thank you hun. I will be waiting to hear from the lovely people - Hatchshead,Verbina, Hatshuku and others. have a nice weekend!

Don2004
Newly Registered

FLR O

Post by Don2004 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:51 pm

Hello everybody
This is my first time posting here, even though I been waiting for a reply from HO for 14 months now and I have been checking and reading all posts in this forum but I think my case is diffrent from any other. I have applied for extention of my DLR, which for the first time was granted to me on Sep 2009, I came to UK 2008 on visitor visa to visit my sister never overstayed. I have two dependants and one of my girls was born in UK on 2008. Ground that I was granted the first time was because my daughter needed medical help for a life thretening illnes. Thanks to God she is well now but she need lot of follow up appointments and she is 9y now. Today I have found out thet a company DX was trying to deliver something to my address but I missed the delivery. As well as HO posted a package for me and they game me the tracking No. but they have delivered that package to my old home address even though I have notified them and called them more than 20 times. Now I really don't know what to think I am realy stresing out about all this i can't sleep nor wait till Monday.

Application Sub: 04/09/12
Bio:16/02/12
MP enquired:May13
Still waiting.........................