ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Monique30
Newly Registered

Post by Monique30 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:52 pm

Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement, I really appreciate it. I pray that we will all be able to spread our wings and fly soon. Just keep the faith, there is light at the end of this very long, dark tunnel. Good luck all and I wish you a great weekend.

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:07 am

Monique30 wrote:Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement, I really appreciate it. I pray that we will all be able to spread our wings and fly soon. Just keep the faith, there is light at the end of this very long, dark tunnel. Good luck all and I wish you a great weekend.
To that i say a big A-M-E-N!!!!
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

verbina
United Kingdom

Re: advice

Post by verbina » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:53 am

naba wrote:Dear mates,

Hope all you are well. Please do advise me on a few things; my visa expired in last month, I have been refused no appeal right but my solicitor applied for a appeal permission. Do I have any chance to face immigration police? If so what should I do? Does HO know my legal process? I am totally in dark.
highly appreciate your advice and suggestions. God bless you all.
If your solicitor applied for permission to appeal you are technically fine. But naturally its best to take reasonable precautions to avoid coming face to face with immigration folks, as they are pretty backward tech-wise they might decide to detain you only to release you the next day. But nobody is going to come to your home or anything like that if that was your question. Also, they have no right to detain anyone for longer then 48 hours unless they give them removal directions and are intending to send them home asap (all of which you can appeal). So you ve really got nothing to worry about hun!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:09 am

Hi everybody!!! Believe,Verbina, Hatchsead, Kukuwife, Shondra, Dapsonlee, CrystalNewbie, Summer, God's Authority, Hatsuku, Call me dude, Yummymumy, Sweetypie, Keisha (Big up to you guys) and everyone of you good folk on this forum. Sorry if I didn't mention everyone by name. Been away from the forum a bit trying to hustle. Bills are piling up, kids need to be fed, so it's a struggle out here but I'm soldiering on. Gotta do what needs to be done! Lol! Anyway, I'm still here and I don't intend to go anywhere.

It's been a while since I got my refusal letter and I sent a reconsideration letter but as anticipated, the Hate Office have 'politely' decided not to respond. As its been nearly two months since the letter came, I now intend to put in a JR next week. As you know, it's a costly process, so I've been doing some research on what my options are , in terms of finance for JR. Well, it has come to my attention that I/We MAY be entitled to Civil Legal Aid for JR ( that includes everyone else here). I spoke with a solicitor from a charity who explained that to me and had even suggested that she take on my case. Whilst I don't have the necessary funds to go along the JR route with my current barrister, I did give him a ring to let him know of my intentions. He has been very kind and understanding (as usual). He has suggested that I write the PAP myself with his guidance, which I am happy and capable of doing. To put the icing on the cake, he has also said that he will refer me to a Pro Bono barrister coz of my financial situation.
I think the issue with some of our solicitors is that they are not happy/honest enough to advise that there is a clause that avails us the legal aid as they will be thinking of lining their pockets!
Finally, congrats to those who have been granted. I can only think of Progeny right now. But nevertheless, congrats to all who have been granted. As usual, I say to those who have been refused, keep the faith and hang in there. The good Lord will provide a way! Have a good weekend peeps!!!

naba

Post by naba » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:27 am

verbina wrote:

Hope all you are well. Please do advise me on a few things; my visa expired in last month, I have been refused no appeal right but my solicitor applied for a appeal permission. Do I have any chance to face immigration police? If so what should I do? Does HO know my legal process? I am totally in dark.
If your solicitor applied for permission to appeal you are technically fine. But naturally its best to take reasonable precautions to avoid coming face to face with immigration folks, as they are pretty backward tech-wise they might decide to detain you only to release you the next day. But nobody is going to come to your home or anything like that if that was your question. Also, they have no right to detain anyone for longer then 48 hours unless they give them removal directions and are intending to send them home asap (all of which you can appeal). So you ve really got nothing to worry about hun!
Dear verbina, thank you very much darling. I am not sure about the 'removal directions'. The refusal letter states that 'your application ...has been refused and you no longer have any basis of stay here.' My case has been transferred (including my passport) to local enforcement office and have been advised to contact them by 19th October to discuss my departure. Is it the removal letter? I have not contacted them yet as I just notice the date 19th. is there any consequences for not contacting?

Please let me know dear what do these mean? Thank you again for your advice.

naba

Post by naba » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:35 am

nilemarques wrote:Hi everybody!!! Believe,Verbina, Hatchsead, Kukuwife, Shondra, Dapsonlee, CrystalNewbie, Summer, God's Authority, Hatsuku, Call me dude, Yummymumy, Sweetypie, Keisha (Big up to you guys) and everyone of you good folk on this forum. Sorry if I didn't mention everyone by name. Been away from the forum a bit trying to hustle. Bills are piling up, kids need to be fed, so it's a struggle out here but I'm soldiering on. Gotta do what needs to be done! Lol! Anyway, I'm still here and I don't intend to go anywhere.

It's been a while since I got my refusal letter and I sent a reconsideration letter but as anticipated, the Hate Office have 'politely' decided not to respond. As its been nearly two months since the letter came, I now intend to put in a JR next week. As you know, it's a costly process, so I've been doing some research on what my options are , in terms of finance for JR. Well, it has come to my attention that I/We MAY be entitled to Civil Legal Aid for JR ( that includes everyone else here). I spoke with a solicitor from a charity who explained that to me and had even suggested that she take on my case. Whilst I don't have the necessary funds to go along the JR route with my current barrister, I did give him a ring to let him know of my intentions. He has been very kind and understanding (as usual). He has suggested that I write the PAP myself with his guidance, which I am happy and capable of doing. To put the icing on the cake, he has also said that he will refer me to a Pro Bono barrister coz of my financial situation.
I think the issue with some of our solicitors is that they are not happy/honest enough to advise that there is a clause that avails us the legal aid as they will be thinking of lining their pockets!
Finally, congrats to those who have been granted. I can only think of Progeny right now. But nevertheless, congrats to all who have been granted. As usual, I say to those who have been refused, keep the faith and hang in there. The good Lord will provide a way! Have a good weekend peeps!!!
Dear nilemarques, Good morning. this sounds positive. I am almost in your situation. Thinking for PAP/JR but worried about the cost. Please let me know how you do the PAP. With your advice I should be able to write my PAP. Please keep us update about the journey. All the best.

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:39 am

naba wrote:
verbina wrote:

Dear verbina, thank you very much darling. I am not sure about the 'removal directions'. The refusal letter states that 'your application ...has been refused and you no longer have any basis of stay here.' My case has been transferred (including my passport) to local enforcement office and have been advised to contact them by 19th October to discuss my departure. Is it the removal letter? I have not contacted them yet as I just notice the date 19th. is there any consequences for not contacting?

Oh no no no, its not removal directions, its just a standard thing they say and even if you dont contact enforcement team, no one will come looking for you. You asked a question about being detained by immigration if you somehow bump into them somewhere and for whatever reason it wont show up on the system that your solicitor applied for a permission to appeal. So in this event, like I said already, they cant hold you longer then 48 hours without wanting to send you back/ removal directions bla bla bla. But no one is gonna go out of their way to detain you , so just to be on the safe side stay away from them dodgy immigration street raids and you ll be just fine!!

east579new

Post by east579new » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:52 am

Shondra Sharma wrote:Good afternoon Forum! Hope everyone is ok, someone who got a visa recently many many congratulation, enjoy your freedom but who got refused, sorry for that, will get a stay one day, keep fighting till the end. My solicitor told me HO must put removal notice, he didn't tell me when? its already 2 months. I asked him to go for a JR but he is telling me, wait once HO put removal notice, you have a right of appeal. I am worried when my 3 months over after refusal, I can't go for a JR so every door will be closed for a fight to HO. But my solicitor insist me, no need to worry about. Guys suggest me please what should I do? and other things I applied my child British citizenship a week ago, my solicitor said wait for your child british citizenship, then your case will be more stronger and you have chance. I don't know what to do? Shall I change the solicitor? Please advise me.
My partner was given this kind of advice too wait for a removal decision (which will of course never come) as it activates the right of appeal and is cheaper than JR.

A lot of these barristers believe there is no merit in progressing with a case unless a removal decision has been issued.

I nearly fell of my chair when the immigration adviser told my partner that she would be better to wait as its cheaper and would save her money (she said in a sickly voice"we work for you and have only your best interests to consider")

I always thought all these people cared about was making money.

Also THIS IS JUST MY OPINION i think the truth is alot of them are scared to progress with these things through fear of doing the work and not getting paid for it(as i said to these people its all about Money even more so now legal aid has finished).

As soon as legal aid finished im sure most of you noticed a change in tone from your solicitors they have all of a sudden become very cautious and if its not on there money clock time you struggle to contact or speak to them.

naba

Post by naba » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:54 am

verbina wrote:
naba wrote:
verbina wrote:

Oh no no no, its not removal directions, its just a standard thing they say and even if you dont contact enforcement team, no one will come looking for you. You asked a question about being detained by immigration if you somehow bump into them somewhere and for whatever reason it wont show up on the system that your solicitor applied for a permission to appeal. So in this event, like I said already, they cant hold you longer then 48 hours without wanting to send you back/ removal directions bla bla bla. But no one is gonna go out of their way to detain you , so just to be on the safe side stay away from them dodgy immigration street raids and you ll be just fine!!
Thanks darling. great to know that they are not coming to home. I do work and have to go outside, I will carry the solicitor's letter- would it help me to stay safe? actually this is the first time I am going through such a situation, please don't be bothered with my silly questions. God bless you hun.

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:56 am

naba wrote:
verbina wrote:
naba wrote:
verbina wrote:

Thanks darling. great to know that they are not coming to home. I do work and have to go outside, I will carry the solicitor's letter- would it help me to stay safe? actually this is the first time I am going through such a situation, please don't be bothered with my silly questions. God bless you hun.
Good idea hun! Just carry solicitors letter on you!! Just keep calm and carry on lol xx

naba

Post by naba » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:00 pm

verbina wrote:
naba wrote:
verbina wrote:
naba wrote:

Good idea hun! Just carry solicitors letter on you!! Just keep calm and carry on lol xx
Thank you so much ooxx :D

east579new

Post by east579new » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:25 pm

Naba it must be a good 7-8 months since my partner was refused and still no sign of the UKBully agency, certainly dont expect them around anytime soon.

But of course that’s not to say you shouldn’t still be cautious always try and be aware of your surroundings etc

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:20 pm

nilemarques wrote:Hi everybody!!! Believe,Verbina, Hatchsead, Kukuwife, Shondra, Dapsonlee, CrystalNewbie, Summer, God's Authority, Hatsuku, Call me dude, Yummymumy, Sweetypie, Keisha (Big up to you guys) and everyone of you good folk on this forum. Sorry if I didn't mention everyone by name. Been away from the forum a bit trying to hustle. Bills are piling up, kids need to be fed, so it's a struggle out here but I'm soldiering on. Gotta do what needs to be done! Lol! Anyway, I'm still here and I don't intend to go anywhere.

nilemarques i consulted with an charity loywer but only after i had payed my solisitor £500 for PAP.

I was told the same thing as you from this charity lawyer that we can have some free legal aid for JR but as i had already paid my solisitor i choosed not to change. now i regret it.i totally agree with you some solositors advice on their best interest ( mine is one of those)
well done for your resurch and for not rushing into it

BEST OF LUCK!
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:32 pm

hope everyone is keeping well

Congrats to those who have been granted!!

those who got refused dont despair and get ready to smash HO on the court we will fight until we get what we deserve.

wishing Verbina and everyone else who is still waiting a favourable coming week!!

shondra next week we will send to ask court permittion

naba

Post by naba » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:58 pm

east579new wrote:

Naba it must be a good 7-8 months since my partner was refused and still no sign of the UKBully agency, certainly dont expect them around anytime soon.

But of course that’s not to say you shouldn’t still be cautious always try and be aware of your surroundings etc
Thank you hun for giving the hope. xx

naba

Post by naba » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:00 pm

summer2013 wrote:

nilemarques i consulted with an charity loywer but only after i had payed my solisitor £500 for PAP.

I was told the same thing as you from this charity lawyer that we can have some free legal aid for JR but as i had already paid my solisitor i choosed not to change. now i regret it.i totally agree with you some solositors advice on their best interest ( mine is one of those)

BEST OF LUCK!
Dear summer2013, Hope you are keeping well as well. May I have the charity lawyer's contact? Thank you hun. xx

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:01 pm

[quote="naba"][quote="nilemarques"]Hi everybody!!! Believe,Verbina, Hatchsead, Kukuwife, Shondra, Dapsonlee, CrystalNewbie, Summer, God's Authority, Hatsuku, Call me dude, Yummymumy, Sweetypie, Keisha (Big up to you guys) and everyone of you good folk on this forum. Sorry if I didn't mention everyone by name. Been away from the forum a bit trying to hustle. Bills are piling up, kids need to be fed, so it's a struggle out here but I'm soldiering on. Gotta do what needs to be done! Lol! Anyway, I'm still here and I don't intend to go anywhere.

Finally, congrats to those who have been granted. I can only think of Progeny right now. But nevertheless, congrats to all who have been granted. As usual, I say to those who have been refused, keep the faith and hang in there. The good Lord will provide a way! Have a good weekend peeps!!![/quote]

Dear nilemarques, Good morning. this sounds positive. I am almost in your situation. Thinking for PAP/JR but worried about the cost. Please let me know how you do the PAP. With your advice I should be able to write my PAP. Please keep us update about the journey. All the best.[/quote]

Hi Naba! The PAP shouldn't be too difficult to write if you follow the template on this link:
http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/proced ... v#IDAGJKCC

naba

Post by naba » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:03 pm

nilemarques wrote:
naba wrote:

Dear nilemarques, Good morning. this sounds positive. I am almost in your situation. Thinking for PAP/JR but worried about the cost. Please let me know how you do the PAP. With your advice I should be able to write my PAP. Please keep us update about the journey. All the best.

Hi Naba! The PAP shouldn't be too difficult to write if you follow the template on this link:
Thank you hun xx

east579new

Post by east579new » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:22 pm

Naba

Use this to find in your area a OISC level 2 adviser or above they will be able to help you.

Keep the selection Non profit and category immigration advice

http://oisc.homeoffice.gov.uk/how_to_fi ... er_finder/

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:22 pm

[quote="summer2013"][quote="nilemarques"]Hi everybody!!! Believe,Verbina, Hatchsead, Kukuwife, Shondra, Dapsonlee, CrystalNewbie, Summer, God's Authority, Hatsuku, Call me dude, Yummymumy, Sweetypie, Keisha (Big up to you guys) and everyone of you good folk on this forum. Sorry if I didn't mention everyone by name. Been away from the forum a bit trying to hustle. Bills are piling up, kids need to be fed, so it's a struggle out here but I'm soldiering on. Gotta do what needs to be done! Lol! Anyway, I'm still here and I don't intend to go anywhere.

Finally, congrats to those who have been granted. I can only think of Progeny right now. But nevertheless, congrats to all who have been granted. As usual, I say to those who have been refused, keep the faith and hang in there. The good Lord will provide a way! Have a good weekend peeps!!![/quote]

BEST OF LUCK![/quote]

Hey Summer2013. It's unfortunate you weren't able to use the legal aid. I just hope that those without the necessary finances take heed and look for those legal aid lawyers before they close that up as well!

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:43 pm

nilemarques wrote:
naba wrote:

naba check inbox, I'll send you details

naba

Post by naba » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:25 pm

east579new wrote:Naba

Use this to find in your area a OISC level 2 adviser or above they will be able to help you.

Keep the selection Non profit and category immigration advice

http://oisc.homeoffice.gov.uk/how_to_fi ... er_finder/
Thank you hun- this is handy. xx

Call me dude
Nigeria

Post by Call me dude » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:51 pm

Hi nilemarques,how are u doing....it good to know we still can get help from somewhere(for those of us that were refused)thank you very much for the information.very very useful.do av pleasant evening.
It is well

11akb

Post by 11akb » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:30 pm

hello guys and girls its been 2 weeks since my refusal ...and my solicitor have send them pre action protocol letter to inform them that they have 14 days to consider and if they dont respond by that time which my solicitor say they dont we will take them for juducial review ..........also i was searching about jr and human rights cases i come across with the news that from spring 2014 they are going to abolish human right family and article 8 cases its even on homeoffice website which is realy bad i ...........please share that with everyone so ppl can go for appeal as soon as they get refuse which is homeoffice doing to most of fresh cases except if u have a brithish partner...regards

east579new

Post by east579new » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:12 pm

11akb wrote:hello guys and girls its been 2 weeks since my refusal ...and my solicitor have send them pre action protocol letter to inform them that they have 14 days to consider and if they dont respond by that time which my solicitor say they dont we will take them for juducial review ..........also i was searching about jr and human rights cases i come across with the news that from spring 2014 they are going to abolish human right family and article 8 cases its even on homeoffice website which is realy bad i ...........please share that with everyone so ppl can go for appeal as soon as they get refuse which is homeoffice doing to most of fresh cases except if u have a brithish partner...regards
If you are going to make comments such as this"also i was searching about jr and human rights cases i come across with the news that from spring 2014 they are going to abolish human right family and article 8 cases its even on homeoffice website"

then show us all the link to the article you are referring too please.

I believe you are just making assumptions and wild statements based on what the Tories say they are going to do if they are re elected in 2015 which of course may never happen.