ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

elastep

Re: advice

Post by elastep » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:22 pm

east579new wrote:
naba wrote:Dear mates,

Hope all you are well. Please do advise me on a few things; my visa expired in last month, I have been refused no appeal right but my solicitor applied for a appeal permission. Do I have any chance to face immigration police? If so what should I do? Does HO know my legal process? I am totally in dark.
highly appreciate your advice and suggestions. God bless you all.
Naba it must be a good 7-8 months since my partner was refused and still no sign of the UKBully agency, certainly dont expect them around anytime soon.

But of course that’s not to say you shouldn’t still be cautious always try and be aware of your surroundings etc
@Naba I know a person who was refused 6 years ago and still waitng for removal notice. So don't be expecting yours anytime soon. Do what you have to do to get your case rolling and don't listen to the lawyer.
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

munirabid
Member of Standing

Home Office accused of 'fixing' asylum figures

Post by munirabid » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:41 pm

Asylum lawyers claim Home Office is pushing stronger cases to back of queue in order to hit 60% rejection target

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013 ... CMP=twt_gu

verbina
United Kingdom

Re: Home Office accused of 'fixing' asylum figures

Post by verbina » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:26 am

munirabid wrote:Asylum lawyers claim Home Office is pushing stronger cases to back of queue in order to hit 60% rejection target

Urrrrrm but hopefully its only concerning asylum cases not all... having said that, they might apply the same sh*tty policy to all applications....
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:38 pm

nilemarques wrote:Hi everybody!!! Believe,Verbina, Hatchsead, Kukuwife, Shondra, Dapsonlee, CrystalNewbie, Summer, God's Authority, Hatsuku, Call me dude, Yummymumy, Sweetypie, Keisha (Big up to you guys) and everyone of you good folk on this forum. Sorry if I didn't mention everyone by name. Been away from the forum a bit trying to hustle. Bills are piling up, kids need to be fed, so it's a struggle out here but I'm soldiering on. Gotta do what needs to be done! Lol! Anyway, I'm still here and I don't intend to go anywhere.

It's been a while since I got my refusal letter and I sent a reconsideration letter but as anticipated, the Hate Office have 'politely' decided not to respond. As its been nearly two months since the letter came, I now intend to put in a JR next week. As you know, it's a costly process, so I've been doing some research on what my options are , in terms of finance for JR. Well, it has come to my attention that I/We MAY be entitled to Civil Legal Aid for JR ( that includes everyone else here). I spoke with a solicitor from a charity who explained that to me and had even suggested that she take on my case. Whilst I don't have the necessary funds to go along the JR route with my current barrister, I did give him a ring to let him know of my intentions. He has been very kind and understanding (as usual). He has suggested that I write the PAP myself with his guidance, which I am happy and capable of doing. To put the icing on the cake, he has also said that he will refer me to a Pro Bono barrister coz of my financial situation.
I think the issue with some of our solicitors is that they are not happy/honest enough to advise that there is a clause that avails us the legal aid as they will be thinking of lining their pockets!
Finally, congrats to those who have been granted. I can only think of Progeny right now. But nevertheless, congrats to all who have been granted. As usual, I say to those who have been refused, keep the faith and hang in there. The good Lord will provide a way! Have a good weekend peeps!!!
Hi nilemarques- as you have said it is quite difficult to make end meet. Each time I see a refusal my heart bleed and I keep on asking myself why this government choose to treat immigrant or foreigners who are just trying to make a genuinely living in such a dehumanising manner while they preach humane right to third world countries.
Am happy that you will be able to access legal aid. There are very good legal aid solicitor out there who knows their stuff, hopefully you will get one, however, you will still have to follow them up and luckily you also know what you want and I think you will be able to work together.
Your expectation will manifest very soon

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:36 pm

verbina wrote:
munirabid wrote:Asylum lawyers claim Home Office is pushing stronger cases to back of queue in order to hit 60% rejection target

Urrrrrm but hopefully its only concerning asylum cases not all... having said that, they might apply the same sh*tty policy to all applications....
Believe it or not Verbina, FLR(O) is technically grouped as asylum cases because its outside the immigration rules and decided on compassionate grounds. I have always had this feeling for a while of them cherry picking cases to decide on but this article has confirmed my worst fears.
It is well!!
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:39 pm

hatchsead wrote:
verbina wrote:

Believe it or not Verbina, FLR(O) is technically grouped as asylum cases because its outside the immigration rules and decided on compassionate grounds. I have always had this feeling for a while of them cherry picking cases to decide on but this article has confirmed my worst fears.
It is well!!

Absolutely right. Any applications without previous stay will fall into the category stated. Imagine!

God's Authority

Appeal

Post by God's Authority » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:01 am

Hi Everyone,

Good morning and hope you all had a nice weekend?

I have been trying to submit an appeal online but for the past few days now it seems the site has now been functioning well. I tried to send a fax as well but keep getting the redial tone.

I decided to send my documents via dhl same day delivery but I have just been informed that they do not deliver to post box addresses and the only information available online as a contact address for the tribunal is a postal box address and just a post code.

Does anyone have an idea of an alternative fax number or the full address or something?

Many thanks in adva.ce

MRLAOLU
Nigeria

Re: Re applying

Post by MRLAOLU » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:17 am

naba wrote:
MRLAOLU wrote:
Hadassah wrote:Hello ladies and gentlemen. I ll like to congratulate all those that had their visas granted and to us dt were refused that the good God will have mercy on us and make a way. And to those waiting to hear for a reply,I wish dem all d very best according to their heart desires.
I have a quick question, pls aw does reapplying after refusal with right to peal works? My lawyer advices I reapply that they r responding faster now. I ll appreciate to read a reply soon. Thanks
Hi

The problem about reapplying and not appealing is that if you are later refused again you will not be granted an appeal right the second time. My advice is that you complete an appeal form. It may take longer for the appeal to be heard but your chances of been granted are far greater as HO can simply refuse you again. Good Luck
Dear MRLAOLU, I heard you applied for the appeal right and got it. Please let me know how long did it take to get the permission? Thanks so much, god bless you.
Hi Naba

I put in an appeal and attached a letter requesting for permission to appeal in June 2013 and was advised of my right to appeal in August 2013. It took a little over 8 weeks for the appeal hearing date to come through.

In your case, did your solicitor actually completed the appeal form or just sent a letter requesting permission to appeal? In my view they ought to have sent an appeal form as well as permission requesting appeal as the tribunal are very strict with appeal deadline.

Interestingly, HO sent me a letter last week admitting they were wrong to deny me appeal in the first instance and confirming my appeal date stands. (Horrible people).

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:28 am

hatchsead wrote:
verbina wrote:

It is well!!
OMFG!!! Just what we "wanted to hear" :roll:

@hatchsead Thank you for clarifying that part hun!

I guess in some ways it gives those of us who ve been waiting for a long time some sense of hope...
But its utterly disgusting to hear that stronger cases are thrown to the back of a limbo queue, so them lot can meet their stupid targets!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

tina18
Newly Registered

Post by tina18 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:43 am

Hi. I've been silently following this forum for long and now I'm posting my family's case hoping some of you can give me some advice/help regarding our case.

My dad is our main applicant, came here in 2002 under work permit. We (mum, 2 brothers and I) came here as his dependants in 2004. The premise where he has his work permit closed down and he was taken aboard at another premise. The second premise was under the impression that my dad is employable considering that his visa from the first premise hasn't expired yet. Due to this, my dad wasn't aware of the severity of getting it transferred first before he could work to another, and even he was assured by his previous employer that this is perfectly fine. So my dad continued to work on the second employment until 2007, where we have thought ny dad had completed 5 years of continuous employment and therefore applied ILR for the whole family. It was rejected straightaway because of the mistake of not transferring his work permit and basically working at another premise where he doesn't have a permit. Our visa was curtailed and we became overstayers in an instant. Our case is still unresolved until now, we are family of overstayers since 2007. My dad goes to reporting centre regularly.

My mum was diagnosed here with Chronic Kidney Disease stage 4 in 2007 and constantly require medical attention. Until this year, she just had a kidney transplant, in which the medication and care afterwards are very important and should be lifetime. Therefore, she can't leave the UK. I am in a long term relationship with a British Citizen. I was here since I was 15 years old. We are not married and don't have children, but being in a long term relationship, we have obviously made plabs for our future already. My eldest brother is now 26 years old and single, no children too.

As for my youngest brother, he just turned 19. We sent an application last year before his 18th birthday under the 7 years rule. As this was advised by our solicitor. However, before his 19th bday,we rreceived a letter from home office saying he was REFUSED. I will be seeing our solicitor today to find out the reason as he still got the letter.

Apart from the refusal, we fear as if our solicitor isn't doing the best he can for our case. I recall when I mentioned him my long term relationship with my boyfriend (hoping there is something we could apply for), he tild us the amount of money needed to compile the documents (without application forns by the way!) And said he will send them to the home office. Basically the money we spent for that before was solely payment for his service and none to thw home office as no application forms were sent. Its as if he just sent our files for the home office to read for FREE! SO CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF ANY OF YOUR SOLICITORS HAVE DONE THIS? and when the 7 year rule came into effect last July 2012, he informed us that my brother was eligible to apply 2 months after, with only a month left till his 18th birthday. He told us that he sent us letter in July (which we didn't receive) and took him 2 months ti follow up! And now, there has been a delay again, he called us almost 2 weeks after receiving the refusal letter. Again he used the excuse of telling us he sent us letter almost 2 weeks ago upon receiving the letter, which we haven't received AGAIN! It seems like he just keeps forgetting our case and we're being neglected. And now he said the only way we're going to respond to the refusal if by simply sending a letter to the local home office confirming we received the refusal along with updates regarding any changea in our living situation (if there are any). We are obviously going to pay hin for doing this by the way!

So guys please I need your advice. Sorry this is very long.

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:07 pm

Good Afternoon All,

Hope all is well with you by His grace and mercy.The devil is trying me as we speak,10mins ago I received a text from the HO saying the following:

Message from the Home Office. Our records show that you may not have leave to remain in the UK. Please contact us on 0844 3754636 to discuss your case.

The interesting part is that it even shows on the name on screen as if I've saved it.I'm not comfortable with this situation but I believe God will fight for me and protect me.I think they've intercepted my number and think of using another different one.I believe that God will see me though this and also contacted my solicitor to make them aware of this situation.I don't want fear to overcome my life all in the name of this text.Please remember me in you're prayers and I believe that No Weapon formed against me shall prosper in Jesus name!

Have a blessed week all and take care!We shall prevail in Jesus name!

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:16 pm

Forgot to ask if anybody has received such a text from HO.Here's the link to read all about the texts since the vans have been banned.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24575795

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:25 pm

Keisha wrote:Good Afternoon All,

Hope all is well with you by His grace and mercy.The devil is trying me as we speak,10mins ago I received a text from the HO saying the following:

Message from the Home Office. Our records show that you may not have leave to remain in the UK. Please contact us on 0844 3754636 to discuss your case.

The interesting part is that it even shows on the name on screen as if I've saved it.I'm not comfortable with this situation but I believe God will fight for me and protect me.I think they've intercepted my number and think of using another different one.I believe that God will see me though this and also contacted my solicitor to make them aware of this situation.I don't want fear to overcome my life all in the name of this text.Please remember me in you're prayers and I believe that No Weapon formed against me shall prosper in Jesus name!

This is done by CAPITA, a firm recruited by the HO for this purpose. More fifty eight thousand people have received such text messages even some solicitors and now British citizens. They are just data mining telephone numbers to text "suspected" people. Perhaps, you have put your number as the contact telephone number on some application or correspondence with the HO.
They will use this to contact you so don't be alarmed. If you are uncomfortable with it, i suggest you change your number.
It is well!
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

Sweetypie

Re: FLR O

Post by Sweetypie » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:35 pm

Don2004 wrote:Hello everybody
This is my first time posting here, even though I been waiting for a reply from HO for 14 months now and I have been checking and reading all posts in this forum but I think my case is diffrent from any other. I have applied for extention of my DLR, which for the first time was granted to me on Sep 2009, I came to UK 2008 on visitor visa to visit my sister never overstayed. I have two dependants and one of my girls was born in UK on 2008. Ground that I was granted the first time was because my daughter needed medical help for a life thretening illnes. Thanks to God she is well now but she need lot of follow up appointments and she is 9y now. Today I have found out thet a company DX was trying to deliver something to my address but I missed the delivery. As well as HO posted a package for me and they game me the tracking No. but they have delivered that package to my old home address even though I have notified them and called them more than 20 times. Now I really don't know what to think I am realy stresing out about all this i can't sleep nor wait till Monday.

Application Sub: 04/09/12
Bio:16/02/12
MP enquired:May13
Still waiting.........................
Hello, call the number in the letter and ask them to deliver them to a depot close to your ouse, and then go and collect. Congrats you have been granted!
FLR O Extension applied: 21 Sep 2013
Acknowledgment Letter dated: 24 Sep 2013
Biometrics: 1 Oct 2013 letter, done: 4 Oct 2013
Decision: 12 October granted DLR until Oct 2016
Documents: Received 17 October 2013
BRP: 23 October

hanenyo
Newly Registered

Post by hanenyo » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:39 pm

Good afternoon everyone. I have been following this thread for sometime and it is my time to testify to the goodness of God.
My FLR(O) was considered three and half weeks ago and this afternoon I received my BRP.
To those who are waiting for decisions, please keep the faith and those that have been refused, it's too late for you to just give up, You will overcome.
Congratulations to those that have granted.

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:44 pm

hanenyo wrote:Good afternoon everyone. I have been following this thread for sometime and it is my time to testify to the goodness of God.
My FLR(O) was considered three and half weeks ago and this afternoon I received my BRP.
To those who are waiting for decisions, please keep the faith and those that have been refused, it's too late for you to just give up, You will overcome.
Congratulations!! Its a good way for us to start the week on this forum for a change.

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:46 pm

hanenyo wrote:Good afternoon everyone. I have been following this thread for sometime and it is my time to testify to the goodness of God.

Congratulations am happy for you . Three weeks and good result it seems they are fast now

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:57 pm

Congratulations!!! Could you please share your story?? Was it a first time application? Thank you in advance!! :P

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:59 pm

Keisha wrote:Good Afternoon All,

Aye you poor doll! Fell victim to that awful hate mail campain from evil Crapita!! I cant believe they are still using this lousy tactics, I thought it was yet another 'pilot scheme' of theirs and it was no longer in use....

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:12 pm

@Hatchsead...thanks for the advise.I wasn't expecting that honestly but I believe God will shield me from these devious company.So,you reckon its nothing to worry about??

@Verbina..apperantly they get bonuses for pulling such stunts and thinking its approaching x-mas,they want to sponge tax-payers monies.How are you doing today?

@Habenyeo...Congratulations and may God be with you as you enjoy your freedom!

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:20 pm

Keisha wrote:@Hatchsead...thanks for the advise.I wasn't expecting that honestly but I believe God will shield me from these devious company.So,you reckon its nothing to worry about??

@Verbina..apperantly they get bonuses for pulling such stunts and thinking its approaching x-mas,they want to sponge tax-payers monies.How are you doing today?

@Habenyeo...Congratulations and may God be with you as you enjoy your freedom!
Im ok, thank you for asking! I also think you ve not got anything to worry about, as you say they are trying everything they can atm vans, evil text messages etc hoping to meet their targets and get whatever bonuses. And Capita are renowned for their bounty-hunting ways, as they get paid on results, so they are just trying to intimidate people into leaving voluntarily, but we know that its just not gonna happen!! What did your solicitor say about it?

hanenyo
Newly Registered

Post by hanenyo » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:23 pm

verbina wrote:
Congratulations!!! Could you please share your story?? Was it a first time application? Thank you in advance!! :P
Thank you
I arrived in this country about 10 years ago. Overstayed my visa, married to a British and we have a child. I applied in December 2012, granted Oct.

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:26 pm

hanenyo wrote:
verbina wrote:
Thank you
I arrived in this country about 10 years ago. Overstayed my visa, married to a British and we have a child. I applied in December 2012, granted Oct.

Wow!! Thank you!!! Gives all of us overstayers a bit more hope!! All the best for you and your family!

hanenyo
Newly Registered

Post by hanenyo » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:26 pm

Many thanks to:

Hatchsead
Kukuwife
Verbina
Keisha

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:32 pm

@Verbina...thanks doll.The thing is that the devil is using these lost souls to make us miserable and stressed.They've failed big time and won't get anywhere with this kind of bonus-chasing.They're filing the JR today...*rollseyes*.I'm not sure why it took so long honestly for them to submit.I pray the application is water-tight that God will intercept on my behalf and fight for me.They don't want us these torie muppets and hence they want to leave EU next year!This is NO MAN'S LAND so my rights of freedom where to live in Europe shall be exercised...*punchesfistintheair*