ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residence Card - Processing Time 2017

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Permanent Residence Card - Processing Time 2017

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:57 am

Yanki1974 wrote:Hi CR001,

Could you have explain a bit more in this please
Thank you
EU citizens attain PR automatically after 5 years of being a qualified person exercising treaty rights. The PR card is ONLY confirmation of that status already attained at an earlier date. A PR card was never mandatory but it is now if an EU citizen wishes to apply for citizenship.[/quote]

How about non eea family member of an eu citizen ? Is it the same for them too? i mean the acquired date of permanenet residence for non eea family member of an eu? If they wish to apply for citizenship. please give some detailed info on what they should send to prove since they have been acquired to

It is also applicable to Non EEA family members but you will need to fulfill other conditions to apply for Naturalisation. Please follow the link below and look at the requirement guide.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... en-form-an[/quote]
Can you please ask your questions about British citizenship in the British Citizenship sub forum. This topic is for Permanent Residence applications only.

Non-EU citizens also attain PR after 5 years residence or 5 years marriage before they can apply for confirmation of the status.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:18 pm

Hi need urgent advise,

I received my BRP card today and my name misspelled wrong I had to email the HO to report the issue, I was wondering how long will it take for the HO to make this change and will the issue date be same as the first one or a new issue date ???? Please ?? And how long takes to receive new one ?

myganet
Newly Registered

Post by myganet » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:22 pm

I still haven't received anything at all although my decision was made on 19 of June (1 month ago).

Anyone have the same ? I applied online for EU an non- EU on the 4th of April 2017.
I tried to call the number they provide if I haven't received anything within 10 working days- it cost 1,37 pounds per minute but all they said they only help people who applied outside UK (very confusing and waste of money)..

Any advice?

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:45 pm

Can someone tell me please how long will it take until I receive my new BRP, I received my BRP(permanent residence non eea) today and I notice that it my name is written wrong it added me middle name which I don't have on the BRP and I report it online, can someone please tell me how long the process takes untill i receive a new one and how the process work. PLEASE help me. I am really disappointed I have been waiting 6 months for the permanent residence and now I got it but another problem :( :( :(

I would participate any advice from anyone, moderators please.
Thank you.

led1666
Newly Registered

Post by led1666 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:15 pm

led1666 wrote:I made an online for EEA PR as a qualified person

Application submitted - 01/05/2017
Email confirmation with case ID received - 02/05/2017
Money taken- 02/05/2017
Documents send (Special Del) - 09/05/2017
Documents received - 10/05/2017
Apparently a decision has been made (according to that application status website) and I'll be getting a letter within the next 10 working days.

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:29 pm

Dear CR001,

Could you please advice about my previous post please. I receive my BRP card and it's mistake in the middle name. How long is takes to receive a new one and what is the process? Appreciate your help.
Life saver
Thank you

Amo2012
United Kingdom

Post by Amo2012 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:50 pm

sahramkhalidi wrote:Can someone tell me please how long will it take until I receive my new BRP, I received my BRP(permanent residence non eea) today and I notice that it my name is written wrong it added me middle name which I don't have on the BRP and I report it online, can someone please tell me how long the process takes untill i receive a new one and how the process work. PLEASE help me. I am really disappointed I have been waiting 6 months for the permanent residence and now I got it but another problem :( :( :(

Thank you.
the link below may help you:

indefinite-leave-to-remain/brp-error-ho ... 10284.html

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:57 pm

ultragujar wrote:
sahramkhalidi wrote:Can someone tell me please how long will it take until I receive my new BRP, I received my BRP(permanent residence non eea) today and I notice that it my name is written wrong it added me middle name which I don't have on the BRP and I report it online, can someone please tell me how long the process takes untill i receive a new one and how the process work. PLEASE help me. I am really disappointed I have been waiting 6 months for the permanent residence and now I got it but another problem :( :( :(

Thank you.
the link below may help you:

indefinite-leave-to-remain/brp-error-ho ... 10284.html

It's really upsetting I have been waiting 6 months for the permanenet residence to come, now it came but mistake on the BRP card had to report online the issue and don't know what process is futhere how long more I'm going to wait it's very sad this whole summer I have been stressing about it and couldn't even go anywhere. Now another stresss... :(

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:01 pm

A solicitor saying it is taking same processeing time as you applied for permanent residence. Which made me really sad is that true? It's only a name error and how will it takes very long time

Amo2012
United Kingdom

Post by Amo2012 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:57 pm

sahramkhalidi wrote:A solicitor saying it is taking same processeing time as you applied for permanent residence. Which made me really sad is that true? It's only a name error and how will it takes very long time
I don't think HO is going to take that much time again as all kind of checking has already been done, secondly that's their mistake (if you have provided all the information correct) so there shouldn't be that long.
Also remember you must need to contact HO within specific period for the correction of mistakes by HO.

ThaSaint1
Newly Registered

Post by ThaSaint1 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:35 am

EEA PR APPLICATION TIMELINE(I AM A TRAINEE NURSE IN UNIVERSITY & EEA WIFE IS A NURSE,HAD PERMANENT RESIDENCE SINCE 2012,BEEN MARRIED FOR OVER 5YRS,HAVE 3 LOVELY CHILDREN,YOUNGEST ONE 11MONTHS BABY.WE SENT ALL PAY SLIPS+ P60s ever since she was issued with PR TILL DATE,PROOF OF OUR HOME ADDRESSES WHERE WE LIVE TOGTHER SINCE WE GOT MARRIED FROM 2012.TIMELINE IS
EEA PR (non EEA paper application): 7/6/177
EEA Wife's passport phocopied and Returned by HO: 8/6/17
Aknowledement email letter with reference number from HO: 9/7/17
Biometric Letter Received: 11/7/2017
Biometric Enrolled:12/7/17
PR ISSUED: ??
BPR Card:??
And Question: the correspondence address is my student accommodation which is near my university locality where I spend overnights there as well for my studies during semester period due to learning issues at home sometimes,is this going to cause problem with application?

jbutterfly
Newly Registered

Post by jbutterfly » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:36 am

Hi.
Does anyone knows where I can check status of RODnumber?

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:24 am

ultragujar wrote:
sahramkhalidi wrote:A solicitor saying it is taking same processeing time as you applied for permanent residence. Which made me really sad is that true? It's only a name error and how will it takes very long time
I don't think HO is going to take that much time again as all kind of checking has already been done, secondly that's their mistake (if you have provided all the information correct) so there shouldn't be that long.
Also remember you must need to contact HO within specific period for the correction of mistakes by HO.

Than you yes I did report the issue as soon I received the BRP card and now it says they will reply within 5 working days to see what to do next, I'm just worried how long more it is taking :(

dspencer
Newly Registered

Post by dspencer » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:10 pm

All,

Thanks for the previous replies...but now have 2 other issues :

1. No biometrics letter...when I should be expecting this ?
2. Although the PRC looks fine with no errors the date on the letter is wrong...have only noticed recently...it says Feb.2012 but it I think it should be 2016 as have sent the 5 year qualifying period since 2011...but have been in the UK since 2009.

Please help with any advice/thoughts,
Thanks
Yanki1974 wrote:
dspencer wrote:All,

Have received all many docs back today and a letter stating that the date I’ve acquired PR is the 11th February 2012.

It also states that I should apply for citizenship after 12 month of acquiring the PR status...

Can you guys confirm here that my understanding is correct ? I can now apply for citizenship ?

Many thanks in advance,
D

I believe you can go ahead and apply for your citizenship. Congratulations

Nickdiniz
Newly Registered

Post by Nickdiniz » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:06 pm

led1666 wrote:
led1666 wrote:I made an online for EEA PR as a qualified person

Application submitted - 01/05/2017
Email confirmation with case ID received - 02/05/2017
Money taken- 02/05/2017
Documents send (Special Del) - 09/05/2017
Documents received - 10/05/2017
Apparently a decision has been made (according to that application status website) and I'll be getting a letter within the next 10 working days.

Could you confirm what the application status website is. I have applied for my PR and would like to check the status. Thanks.

Ok a google found the link. If anyone needs it to find the status its below:

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:51 pm

CR001 wrote:
sahramkhalidi wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Yanki1974 wrote:From my understanding, its 12 months from the date you acquired your permanent residence. Assuming you meet all other conditions for citizenship. I beg to be corrected if this a wrong assumption.
You are correct yes. It is not the date on the card, but the date that PR was automatically attained.

Hi CR001,

Could you have explain a bit more in this please
Thank you
EU citizens attain PR automatically after 5 years of being a qualified person exercising treaty rights. The PR card is ONLY confirmation of that status already attained at an earlier date. A PR card was never mandatory but it is now if an EU citizen wishes to apply for citizenship.

Hi Char, CR001

Would appreciate if you please comment on my very recent question regarding my BRP card name error correction process and time.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:44 pm

sahramkhalidi wrote:
ultragujar wrote:

Than you yes I did report the issue as soon I received the BRP card and now it says they will reply within 5 working days to see what to do next, I'm just worried how long more it is taking :(
A replacement due to error does not usually take months. Stop stressing so much.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:49 pm

CR001 wrote:
sahramkhalidi wrote:
ultragujar wrote:

A replacement due to error does not usually take months. Stop stressing so much.
Thank you for your reply, but I have travel end of Aug do you reckon it will come within one month time ? Maximum how long ?

wahi66
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by wahi66 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:31 pm

Hello Friends

I have little confusion regarding driving card penalty points?? Would they consider the driving card penalty points before making any decision for non-EEA permanent residence??? I have 3 points on my card given on july 2015. I am going to make application next month for the non-permanent residence after 5 completing years.

Please give your thoughts on it.

Crentsil03

Post by Crentsil03 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:50 pm

No driving offence does not come in unless you involved in accident which leads to killing or seriously injured someone

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:58 pm

Also remember you must need to contact HO within specific period for the correction of mistakes by HO.[/quote]

Than you yes I did report the issue as soon I received the BRP card and now it says they will reply within 5 working days to see what to do next, I'm just worried how long more it is taking :([/quote]
A replacement due to error does not usually take months. Stop stressing so much.[/quote]

Thank you for your reply, but I have travel end of Aug do you reckon it will come within one month time ? Maximum how long ?[/quote]

I requested for the date I acquired my permanent residence on Friday last week via the email for errors on biocards and my case worker responded today giving me the date. I do not it will take a long time for them to sort out your BRP especially as this is their fault.

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:06 pm

Yanki1974 wrote:I don't think HO is going to take that much time again as all kind of checking has already been done, secondly that's their mistake (if you have provided all the information correct) so there shouldn't be that long.

Than you yes I did report the issue as soon I received the BRP card and now it says they will reply within 5 working days to see what to do next, I'm just worried how long more it is taking :([/quote]
A replacement due to error does not usually take months. Stop stressing so much.[/quote]

Thank you for your reply, but I have travel end of Aug do you reckon it will come within one month time ? Maximum how long ?[/quote]

I requested for the date I acquired my permanent residence on Friday last week via the email for errors on biocards and my case worker responded today giving me the date. I do not it will take a long time for them to sort out your BRP especially as this is their fault.[/quote]

Maximum 1 month do you think ? Because I have travel :(

Crentsil03

Post by Crentsil03 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:17 am

Morning Everyone!! How long does it takes from awaiting decision to decided.
Bcos my update says awaiting decision from 29th June
Any suggestions please!!!!!

dijasu
Newly Registered

Post by dijasu » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:17 am

Hey everyone, I have some confusion now. I contact the biometric team & they said they only have record of my husband's application (case number) but we applied together & obviously paid the £140 for the two people. Did I miss something or do something wrong? We used the one application for both of us.

Pizzahut
Newly Registered

Post by Pizzahut » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:24 am

Hi everyone..online showing my decision was made on 18th of January 2017 but still i haven't receive my documents back..Any email Address to contact them? i call them nearly 12 times every time they said "we will contact you wit
hin 5 working days "but never receive anything from there side.Any Suggestions would be great. Thanks