ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion on naturalization applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Setmilr987
United Kingdom

Re: General discussion on naturalization applications

Post by Setmilr987 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:00 pm

daku wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:42 am
Yes they make their own rules. Been waiting since August. Nearly 7 months now. Some are getting answers within a month or 2 and even moaning that it took too long lol.
Agreed. I do not understand in this time of age which enquiry takes 7 months to verify.

I mean from ID check to Diclosure, HMRC to Credit history, country of birth verifications etc. EVERYTHING is online now a days. So don't know what kind of enquiries they been waiting for :roll:

Ben1989
United States of America

Post by Ben1989 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:45 pm

When did everybody get their references signed? Before or after submission? S&S helped but I'd love to see something in writing or a link or whatever?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:21 pm

Ben1989 wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:45 pm
When did everybody get their references signed? Before or after submission? S&S helped but I'd love to see something in writing or a link or whatever?
Got mine signed a couple of weeks before submission (in 2016).
There's no hard and fast rule or guidance around this, but I guess the closer before/after submission date the better.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Setmilr987
United Kingdom

Post by Setmilr987 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:23 pm

Once Six months and a week had passed for my Naturalization application
I had lodged an offcial complaint on 17th Jan, 2021 about delaying in a decision.

Today recieved the following reply from UKVI :roll:

"Dear customer

Thank you for your recent correspondence where you have raised a complaint about our service.

Unfortunately, it has not been possible for us to fully investigate your complaint within our 20 working day service standard. We are continuing to look into the issues you have raised and will aim to provide you with a reply as soon as possible.

Please accept our apologies for the delay in dealing with this matter".

Chaddar
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Chaddar » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:58 pm

Good afternoon
I have applied for naturalisation in March 2021.
Received complex case letter and email before 6 month.
Email to further enquiries in September,October,November got generic reply that my application is in process.
Again contacted UKVI in January no reply.
1st week of February requested SAR,submitted compliant and also again emailed to UKVI for update till date no reply.
This morning got a letter from local council for ceremony on 27 April 2022.
After passing 6 month was quite stressful however it’s paid off.
Waiting for HO confirmation which probably they send on Monday.
I am very thankful to this form and wish good luck everyone in waiting.

Spa123
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Spa123 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:26 am

Hi all,

I applied on 10th September 2021 and received the following email on Sunday:

"We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target.

This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.

We expect to make a decision on your application soon, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible."

Has anyone else received this recently? Is it just an excuse to justify the delay? It is really frustrating after the huge fee and hassle...

Anyone's past experience would be greatly appreciated.

britalian89
United Kingdom

Post by britalian89 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:50 am

Spa123 wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:26 am
Hi all,

"We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target.

This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.

We expect to make a decision on your application soon, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible."

Has anyone else received this recently? Is it just an excuse to justify the delay? It is really frustrating after the huge fee and hassle...

I think they're warning you that they're not reaching a decision any time before March 10th. Since you're still within the 6 month SLA (Service Level Agreement) there's just so much you can do. I would suggest to start getting in touch with you MP to get them to write the HO to investigate your case.

You're not alone on being frustrated for the value of service we get after spending thousands of £s on this. I, myself, find the system very odd. Just to give you an example, they have already made a decision on my case and a ceremony invitation is expected to come in soon as of 7 days ago. But they also said "obviously because of COVID-19 this process is taking long". What process? Sending an outcome email? Also, I find it appalling that we're fully back to normal, with all COVID-19 rules being lifted, employees accustomed to working from home, everything switching to digital, and COVID-19 is still used as a cover-up.

Spa123
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Spa123 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:18 am

britalian89 wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:50 am
Spa123 wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:26 am
Hi all,

I think they're warning you that they're not reaching a decision any time before March 10th. Since you're still within the 6 month SLA (Service Level Agreement) there's just so much you can do. I would suggest to start getting in touch with you MP to get them to write the HO to investigate your case.

You're not alone on being frustrated for the value of service we get after spending thousands of £s on this. I, myself, find the system very odd. Just to give you an example, they have already made a decision on my case and a ceremony invitation is expected to come in soon as of 7 days ago. But they also said "obviously because of COVID-19 this process is taking long". What process? Sending an outcome email? Also, I find it appalling that we're fully back to normal, with all COVID-19 rules being lifted, employees accustomed to working from home, everything switching to digital, and COVID-19 is still used as a cover-up.
Sorry to hear that. I hope you get your approval with today's batch.

It's very frustrating and they should come clean and either commit to the 6 months or give a refund if they don't have the resource. I would never lie to one of my clients, or use Covid as an excuse two years after half the country moved to WFH. I will wait until the 10th March and then write to the Home Office and my MP. They should think again about this whole system and make it fairer so applications are actually decided in order. Is it that difficult?

themisc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by themisc » Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:17 pm

After 14 months of waiting and escalating via the MP, they responded to MP saying it's been approved!!!
Since then it's been 10 days now, no letters yet.

desert_eagle81
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by desert_eagle81 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:08 pm

My question is when should I involve my MP? I'm thinking of emailing the MP next week to request them to chase my application, as It's been 5 months now and there's no update on my application. This is really frustrating and currently I'm like...DUDE, WHERE'S MY APPROVAL LETTER/EMAIL??. I'm 100% sure that my case is a straightforward one and I should have received the approval by now.

britalian89
United Kingdom

Post by britalian89 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:24 pm

themisc wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:17 pm
After 14 months of waiting and escalating via the MP, they responded to MP saying it's been approved!!!
Congrats! Apparently there’s a lag between the time they approve cases and the ceremony invitation. On Feb 21 I got an email saying my application was approved but still haven’t received anything. Not sure why? Any thoughts?

themisc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by themisc » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:02 pm

britalian89 wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:24 pm
themisc wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:17 pm
Congrats! Apparently there’s a lag between the time they approve cases and the ceremony invitation. On Feb 21 I got an email saying my application was approved but still haven’t received anything. Not sure why? Any thoughts?
Thanks, congrats to you too!
Two weeks now, nothing yet.

IAmNullPointer
Newly Registered
Mood:
Venezuela

Post by IAmNullPointer » Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:04 pm

Hi,

It seems that the Home Office sends the certificates before they let you know the application has been approved.

In my case, I received the approval/invitation to book a ceremony on the 28th of February. I celebrated but couldn't book ceremony as 'details could not be fetched' from the council page. Waited for a couple of more days but still was unable to book.

I contacted the council asking how long would I need to wait. For my surprise, they told me that my certificates (mine and my children's) were returned to HomeOffice at their request on the 28/02 (same day I got approval).

Then he adds that I have 6 months to book ceremony from 16th of February (meaning that they actually got the certificate on that date!).

I'ts been a week since I got my approval/invitation to book a ceremony but I am not able to do so because council sent back my certificates and home office does not answer nor reply to citizenship.support@homeoffice.co.uk.

Not sure what to think off and I am losing my head around what could have gone wrong for them to 'request' the certificates without giving the council explanation!.

I am crossed!

britalian89
United Kingdom

Post by britalian89 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:15 pm

IAmNullPointer wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:04 pm
Hi,

It seems that the Home Office sends the certificates before they let you know the application has been approved.

In my case, I received the approval/invitation to book a ceremony on the 28th of February. I celebrated but couldn't book ceremony as 'details could not be fetched' from the council page. Waited for a couple of more days but still was unable to book.

I contacted the council asking how long would I need to wait. For my surprise, they told me that my certificates (mine and my children's) were returned to HomeOffice at their request on the 28/02 (same day I got approval).

Then he adds that I have 6 months to book ceremony from 16th of February (meaning that they actually got the certificate on that date!).

I'ts been a week since I got my approval/invitation to book a ceremony but I am not able to do so because council sent back my certificates and home office does not answer nor reply to citizenship.support@homeoffice.co.uk.

Not sure what to think off and I am losing my head around what could have gone wrong for them to 'request' the certificates without giving the council explanation!.

I am crossed!
It takes a while to send certificates from the Home Office to your council. In my case, it took 10 days. Give it some time. They're sending the certificates back to the HO (5-10 days), and then HO has to send them back to the council again (another 5-10 days), without considering any time for re-processing you application.

I would expect your council to have the new certificates around end March, worse case scenario.

Email the National Support Team asking for explanations in the meanwhile.

daku
Albania

Post by daku » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:17 am

Can someone confirm how you can submit a complaint or escalate your case. Been waiting since summer and not even a notification about the delay. Already sent e-mails chasing up but no response. People that have applied like a month ago are getting approvals. They better not send me a survey link lol. :twisted:

Setmilr987
United Kingdom

Post by Setmilr987 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:16 pm

daku wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:17 am
Can someone confirm how you can submit a complaint or escalate your case. Been waiting since summer and not even a notification about the delay. Already sent e-mails chasing up but no response. People that have applied like a month ago are getting approvals. They better not send me a survey link lol. :twisted:

Same here

Applied in first week of July, 2021.(pretty straightforward application, 5-years same visa catagory)

It's been OVER 8 months now and did not recieve any update from H.O

Sent two complaints via UKVI offical complaint form 2 months ago but no response.
Also sent an enquiry to further nationality enquiries email and recieved a generic response " application is still in process". Last but not least, also contacted my local MP a month ago but no update so far. :roll:

Setmilr987
United Kingdom

Post by Setmilr987 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:57 pm

Recieved approval, after 8 MONTHS AND 7 DAYS,.

It was a good idea to keep chasing /reminding/ H.O after 6 months via email enquiries/UKVI Complaint form and so on.

Thanks to this forum and wonderful people here.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for a decision.

daku
Albania

Post by daku » Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:07 pm

Still waiting since August. Received the usual BS after a chase up bla bla bla. Getting the MP involved now.

Jaz369
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jaz369 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:07 am

Timeline…

- I’ve applied on December 21st 2021
- Done my Biometric on 14th of January 2022
- Got my approval / invitation to the ceremony on 11th of April 2022

- They have contacted may professional reference last week.

- I am coming from a refugee route.

Hope this info helps. And good luck!

Mo22
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mo22 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:45 am

Hi Jaz, that's a good new Congratulations,
I have applied on 19 December 2021 refugee route and done bio on 21 December, I haven't received acknowledgement email or update nothing .
During the waiting time have you contacted them for update?
How did you know that they had contacted your professional referee?

Jaz369
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jaz369 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:46 pm

Mo22 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:45 am
Hi Jaz, that's a good new Congratulations,
I have applied on 19 December 2021 refugee route and done bio on 21 December, I haven't received acknowledgement email or update nothing .
During the waiting time have you contacted them for update?
How did you know that they had contacted your professional referee?
Hi no I have not contacted them nor did I chase them as it stats not to contact them any time before 6 month from the date of your application.
My reference told me he got a phone call from the Home Office Thursday the 7th. My second reference haven’t received any thing. Hope this helps and all the best!

London22
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by London22 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:33 am

Jaz369 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:07 am
Timeline…

Hello Jaz
Congrats
Could you share your immigration history as it may be helpful for some refugees applying or willing to apply for citizenship?

Jaz369
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jaz369 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:31 pm

London22 wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:33 am
Jaz369 wrote:
Timeline…

Hello Jaz
Congrats
Could you share your immigration history as it may be helpful for some refugees applying or willing to apply for citizenship?
Hi thanks,

I came uk in 2013 on student visa tier 4, after 2 weeks upon arrival I’ve applied for asylum seeker waited 2 years for an interview date as HO failed to provide an interpreter and my solicitor insisted that they should provide one.
I’ve done my interview in 2015 and got a decision within a month.
And 2020 applied for indefinite which took almost 6 month for a decision due to covid.
Applied for citizenship and got my decision within solid 3 month. That’s all! Everything was straight forward I guess

Jaz369
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jaz369 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:31 pm

London22 wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:33 am
Jaz369 wrote:
Timeline…

Hello Jaz
Congrats
Hi thanks,

I came uk in 2013 on student visa tier 4, after 2 weeks upon arrival I’ve applied for asylum seeker waited 2 years for an interview date as HO failed to provide an interpreter and my solicitor insisted that they should provide one.
I’ve done my interview in 2015 and got a decision within a month.
And 2020 applied for indefinite which took almost 6 month for a decision due to covid.
Applied for citizenship and got my decision within solid 3 month. That’s all! Everything was straight forward I guess

daku
Albania

Post by daku » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:25 am

Does anyone know how to submit a complaint? Is that done through an e-mail or through a form? Also does anyone have a template of what can you include if you haven't had a response in a long time.