ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:40 pm

LoryAndra wrote:Great, thanks for letting me know. This way I will be sure I meet the residence requirement.

I received my PR last week as an EU nationality and today I started to look at the application form and filled it in.
When you say 'received your PR' do you mean the document confirming your PR status?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

LoryAndra

Post by LoryAndra » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:17 pm

Yes, that's correct, a blue documents saying Document Certifying Permanent Residence dated 20 June 2016.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:21 pm

LoryAndra wrote:Yes, that's correct, a blue documents saying Document Certifying Permanent Residence dated 20 June 2016.
Good, then you should be ok to apply when you are ready.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

LoryAndra

Post by LoryAndra » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:31 am

Dear all,

I need again a bit of help filling in this form. On page 21 they ask the car number of the PR documents. I am a bit confused...where on the blue PR card can find it? it it the top right corner one starting UKF 07.... or the bottom ones below my name? one of them is the ref number and then another number which I have no idea what it can be. Can you please advice where to look for the card number on a standard EEA DCPR?

thank you

LoryAndra

Post by LoryAndra » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:57 am

Dear all,

Could you please let me know if when I fill in the table with the number of days away is OK not to count the departure and arrival date?

For instance lets say I write down departure 22 June 2016 and arrival 26 June 2016. The total numbers of days absent is 2 days. Is this correct?

Did anyone provide any letters from the employer regarding the business trips? Or this required only if you exceed the total number of days?

Many thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:00 am

LoryAndra wrote:Dear all,

Could you please let me know if when I fill in the table with the number of days away is OK not to count the departure and arrival date?

For instance lets say I write down departure 22 June 2016 and arrival 26 June 2016. The total numbers of days absent is 2 days. Is this correct?

Did anyone provide any letters from the employer regarding the business trips? Or this required only if you exceed the total number of days?

Many thanks!
You need to list the days of departure/arrival but you do not count them as absence days. No letter required. Are you over the absence limits??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

LoryAndra

Post by LoryAndra » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:11 am

I appreciate your quick reply, many thanks!

In the last 5 years I was away 200 days, but I had many business trips during my last year. Anyway, if don't count the arrival and the departure day I was away 88 days from Sep 2015-Sep 2016 (when I plan to submit my application). I assume I won't have any issues.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:14 am

LoryAndra wrote:I appreciate your quick reply, many thanks!

In the last 5 years I was away 200 days, but I had many business trips during my last year. Anyway, if don't count the arrival and the departure day I was away 88 days from Sep 2015-Sep 2016 (when I plan to submit my application). I assume I won't have any issues.
Then you are within the limits so should be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

LoryAndra

Post by LoryAndra » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:02 pm

Dear all,

I have another question regarding filling in the form. I received a parking fine in 2014 due to the fact that my car was parked on double yellow line. Do I need to declare this and if so where on the application form should I mention it? I paid it in the next days and the truth is that I was out of the country the date the fine was received, it was actually one of my friends who drove and parked the car,but of course the fine was on my name since the car is registered on my name. What would you advice me to do?
Thank you!

Misterman
Newly Registered
Christmas Island

Post by Misterman » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:37 pm

Hi,

Could anyone please advise on the following?
Out of my 10 years of employment, I was self-employed for the several years. Unfortunately, I haven't got original Self-Assessment forms I've submitted at that time (also, I have made some amendments to those forms, which also were submitted to HMRC. All taxes have been paid as requested and calculated by HRMC).

I wonder, if for Naturalisation I can use HMRC letter confirming my NI contribution paid through all these 10 years (https://www.gov.uk/check-national-insurance-record) and also HMRC Pension Statement (https://www.gov.uk/check-state-pension). Would it be relevant substitution?

Many thanks.

d3thmark

Post by d3thmark » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:01 am

Hey all mods and users,

just a quick question i have filled naturalisation form all by Blue ink but my Referees are in Black ink, is that ok ?

6.11 Do you want the Home Office to retain your BRP
Yes
I confirm that I do not require evidence of my immigration status. Should I subsequently require evidence of my status, I will need to apply for a replacement BRP at my expense.
No
I confirm that if granted British citizenship I must return the BRP to the Home Office within 5 days of receiving the grant of citizenship and if I fail to do so I may receive a financial penalty of up to £1,000.

If i say no do i have to give them reasons as well?

avva78
Newly Registered

Post by avva78 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:36 am

Hi all,
I have a few questions I need help with please. I would like to apply for citizenship as soon I will receive PR.

1. Did anyone recently made SAR request asking for date when acquired PR? How long you waited for response?

2. I read that NCS can check this for you on appointment date? is this correct? Is anyone use this service?

Many thanks,

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:19 am

avva78 wrote:Hi all,
I have a few questions I need help with please. I would like to apply for citizenship as soon I will receive PR.

1. Did anyone recently made SAR request asking for date when acquired PR? How long you waited for response?

2. I read that NCS can check this for you on appointment date? is this correct? Is anyone use this service?

Many thanks,
1) Many.
Days/weeks.

2) Yes.
Yes.
Many.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

avva78
Newly Registered

Post by avva78 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:10 am

Hi,

Thank you for replay.
So the quickest way is to use NCS. Assume very NCS around country offers the same service?

Regards,

SYED.ZAIDI

Post by SYED.ZAIDI » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:56 pm

Dear Moderators
My wife is going to apply for her BC in this month. She got her ILR in Sep 2015 on 10 years basis. She stop working in Sep 2015 to take care of our little one. She was working as accounts assistant up to Sep 2015. So now i'm wondering what should i fill in for:
1.45 what is your occupation? .............. Housewife / accountant / or ?
1.46 are you: ... ... ... ... ?
1.47 name of employer or business: ............
1.48 address of employer or business ...........
1.49 address of tax office or tax office reference (i know this)
1.50 employment history in UK past 10 years - in occupation column i wrote Accountant (she has masters degree in finance and accounts) for her last job and Full time Student for her first part time job. is that correct?
Please advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:03 pm

SYED.ZAIDI wrote:Dear Moderators
My wife is going to apply for her BC in this month. She got her ILR in Sep 2015 on 10 years basis. She stop working in Sep 2015 to take care of our little one. She was working as accounts assistant up to Sep 2015. So now i'm wondering what should i fill in for:
1.45 what is your occupation? .............. Housewife / accountant / or ? Unemployed/housewife if she is not working.
1.46 are you: ... ... ... ... ? Not applicable if she is unemployed
1.47 name of employer or business: ............ Not applicable if she is unemployed
1.48 address of employer or business ........... Not applicable if she is unemployed
1.49 address of tax office or tax office reference (i know this) Not applicable if she is unemployed
1.50 employment history in UK past 10 years - in occupation column i wrote Accountant (she has masters degree in finance and accounts) for her last job and Full time Student for her first part time job. is that correct? She needs to list ALL employment for 10 years, full time and part time.
Please advise.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

SYED.ZAIDI

Post by SYED.ZAIDI » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:30 pm

Thank you CR001.
One more question please. My wife is also applying for British passport together with naturalisation application through NCS. does she need to fill in some separate application form for passport? if yes which one online or form from post office. is any further supporting documents require for passport other than supporting documents needed for naturalisation? please advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:40 pm

SYED.ZAIDI wrote:Thank you CR001.
One more question please. My wife is also applying for British passport together with naturalisation application through NCS. does she need to fill in some separate application form for passport? if yes which one online or form from post office. is any further supporting documents require for passport other than supporting documents needed for naturalisation? please advise.
The form from the Post Office. You cannot do online form if applying for joint AN and passport through NCS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

SYED.ZAIDI

Post by SYED.ZAIDI » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:05 pm

Great. Thank you CR001

raymond1150
Newly Registered

Post by raymond1150 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:17 pm

Good afternoon,

I just have a quick question. Sorry if it has been explained earlier on.
In my case scenario im a family member of an eu citizen .. I entered the UK in 2010, obtained a 5yr residence
card in 2011 which expired in 2016. I recently received the pr card in July. Having passed the LITUK test can I just go ahead and apply for naturalisation straight away? or Id still have to wait till July 2017?

Also, I recently got self - employed and havent filed any taxes as of yet however a requirement is to show a statement of self assessment by the HMRC, since I havent filed for taxes what can I do?

Thanks

anandpathak

Post by anandpathak » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:08 pm

Hello Experts ,
I have a few query for which I would request your inputs
My situation is , I have ILR from Oct-15 based on Tier 1 general 5 years route. I came to UK in Oct 2010
My Wife and Kid are also having ILR from Oct -15 on Tier 1 General Dependent route. They came to UK in May 2011.
All of us would be going for Naturalization in Oct 2016 through NCS
Now the questions:
1.I understand me and my wife need to apply with separate AN form and as I am NOT a British citizen yet , she need to be on 5 year residency route. This is OK as she came to UK in May 2011 and was out of UK for 185 days from Sep 2012 to March 2013 but this absence should not be resetting her residency clock.
- Can both of us submit the application together at NCS , I understand she will be considered as a separate ILR Application not linked to Mine.
-Does she also need to prove financial activity in past 5 years ? She has been working only from past 3 years but has NI number from past 4.5 years.
-Would it have made more sense first for me to get BC and then apply for her BC as Married to BC ( 3 years ) route?
2. The AN application form in Bio-metric section has a question about if I am submitting the Last issued BRP Card and if not Why ? I am wondering what could be the response for this ?
As I am applying through NCS , I understand they will be taking the photocopy of the BRP and give me the BRP Card back immediately. I cannot find any option in “Why” section which talks about this arrangement

3.English Language requirement: I understand as Me and My wife got their ILR after Oct 2013 and already proven LIUK and English at the time of Settlement thus we are not required to prove it again during naturalization. I CAN find the appropriate choice in the Application Form.
My Question is about the Documents required to be submitted as proof for this. The section of Documentary proof is a bit confusing on this . It says Submit the LIUK certificate AND EITHER OF the Multiple the proof of English language but there is NO mention of any document /Mention to proof that I have already proven the English language criterion during ILR.

4. Evidence of freedom from immigration time restrictions -
Your passport showing permission to remain permanently in the UK OR •
The Home Office letter by which you were given permission to remain permanently in the UK

This may be a naive question , the ILR means INDEFINITE Leave but my BRP ILR Card has a Valid until date of 2024. Thus I am not sure what to choose for this Evidence of freedom from immigration time restrictions as I can’t find BRP with ILR option.

5. Last but not the least , I am a contractor and thus a Director as well as employee of my own Limited company .
--Can I choose both Employee and director in Question 1.46 in details of your employment section ?
-- Technically for HMRC , I am not self-employed so what should be the documents to be provided for my Economic/Employment activity for this section?

Thanks for your help on this.
Cheers
Anand

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:09 am

@SYED.ZAIDI, no need to repeat same question all over forum.

Kindly continue in your own topic:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 16625.html
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

a19
Newly Registered

Post by a19 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:25 pm

Hi, can someone please help me with regards to the following matter? My husband received PR certificate as my dependant, as decided it would be easier like that. When applying for naturalisation, under the Employment history, does he need to put his last 10 years of employment and proof of that or my last 10 years? As he got his PR through me. I am aware he is no longer dependant on me anymore, after being granted PR, even if through me and his naturalisation application is his, independent of me.
If he does need to provide his history, that is fine, but where would he put the self employment bit? As the tab for 10 years employment seems to be only for employment.
He has worked all through out; first year, employed, then 6 self employed and last 3 employed again to date. Re employment proof, P60s would be easy to present; for his self employment proof, does he need to show proof of the 6 years as he would have presented it for PR for example, or his latest self-assessment would be enough?
Please advise.
Thank you kindly in advance for your replies.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:06 pm

a19 wrote:Hi, can someone please help me with regards to the following matter? My husband received PR certificate as my dependant, as decided it would be easier like that. When applying for naturalisation, under the Employment history, does he need to put his last 10 years of employment and proof of that or my last 10 years? As he got his PR through me. I am aware he is no longer dependant on me anymore, after being granted PR, even if through me and his naturalisation application is his, independent of me.
If he does need to provide his history, that is fine, but where would he put the self employment bit? As the tab for 10 years employment seems to be only for employment.
He has worked all through out; first year, employed, then 6 self employed and last 3 employed again to date. Re employment proof, P60s would be easy to present; for his self employment proof, does he need to show proof of the 6 years as he would have presented it for PR for example, or his latest self-assessment would be enough?
Please advise.
Thank you kindly in advance for your replies.
HE is the applicant, he puts HIS employment details. Nothing to do with your working history. Read the AN guidance notes and booklet.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

a19
Newly Registered

Post by a19 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:15 pm

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it.
However, can someone please advise on my question regarding details of employment and self employment? Where does he add the self employment details and what proof does he need to provide for that? His last self assessment account 2012- 2013 ( he stopped being self employed in Dec 2012) would be enough? Or proof for every year of his 6 of self employment?
Thanks in advance again.