ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sarah786

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by Sarah786 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:08 pm

Hi saiqa
Inshallah hope you hear something soon it's so annoying I've been waiting over 10 months now. I'm beginning to get concerned now it's the first time someone in my family has ever applied for a visa and we have absolute no idea what do already been to the mp, gerrys office etc but still all I'm getting is my application is on hold and they are not requesting any further docs. I'm beginning to think is it possible they have lost my application but my husband thinks I'm being silly. Id rather knw what the answer is so I can think of what to do next. Plz help me somebody.. I guess their is nothing we can do apart from wait really but it's jus frustrating us both..

aneesa786

Post by aneesa786 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:11 pm

prayforus wrote:
RONZ wrote:Why would it be on hold ? As far i know, They have put people on hold those who earn close to 19000£ or less then 18600£.
Not sure why it would, knowing them they'd probably have it on hold if december 2013 applicants are getting RFC's, and we are november 2013 applicants.

We applied through cat A + D.
My hubby applied under that basis too but in Dec
Centre: Islamabad
Online application: 20/12/13
Submitted: 30/12/13
Forwarded to ISB OC: 30/12/13
Under process at BHC : 13/01/14
Call for RFC: 24/06/14
Outcome: Visa Granted Alhamdulillah

Sarah786

Post by Sarah786 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:12 pm

Saika A wrote:my documents wernt accepted i have been put on hold agaun :cry:
Hi is thr a number for the embassy I can ring from the uk.??

Saika A

Post by Saika A » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:14 pm

Sarah786 wrote:Hi saiqa
Inshallah hope you hear something soon it's so annoying I've been waiting over 10 months now. I'm beginning to get concerned now it's the first time someone in my family has ever applied for a visa and we have absolute no idea what do already been to the mp, gerrys office etc but still all I'm getting is my application is on hold and they are not requesting any further docs. I'm beginning to think is it possible they have lost my application but my husband thinks I'm being silly. Id rather knw what the answer is so I can think of what to do next. Plz help me somebody.. I guess their is nothing we can do apart from wait really but it's jus frustrating us both..

hi when its on hold it means they are waiting for the march outcome so we have to wait for all that to be over then thy will review our application again with the the new income threshold, IF THERE IS ONE if not then we will be completely refused and will have to make a fresh application, all this could take several months basically

Sarah786

Post by Sarah786 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:21 pm

So is it normal that I've been on hold since may.. And that they haven't requested any information.?? I'm jus getting worried because people who applied after me have got letters requesting further info mine jus says it's on hold and to wait.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:02 pm

Sarah786 wrote:So is it normal that I've been on hold since may.. And that they haven't requested any information.?? I'm jus getting worried because people who applied after me have got letters requesting further info mine jus says it's on hold and to wait.

Which category did you apply under and what financial evidence did you submit exactly?

SafinaAdnan

Post by SafinaAdnan » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:21 pm

This is my live timescales.
Applied online application 10/04/2014

Documentation supplied to Islamabad Gerry: 14/02/2014
Forwarded to Islamabad OC 14/02/2014
UPDATE 27/02/2014 - visa application is under process at the British High Commission.

aneesa786

Post by aneesa786 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:25 pm

Sarah786 wrote:So is it normal that I've been on hold since may.. And that they haven't requested any information.?? I'm jus getting worried because people who applied after me have got letters requesting further info mine jus says it's on hold and to wait.
That just means that they have everything to evidence your case and don't need anything else. If you're on hold that means they feel the only thing they have to fail you on is the income not meeting the minimum requirement and they're keeping you in hold until they find the outcome of the court case. Once they do they'll most likely either approve or decline

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:35 pm

To Sara

Good luck. Hope visa is granted Insha Allah. Let us know as soon as you find out.
Submitted Application: Feb 2012
Application Refused: Jul 2012
Appealed: Unsuccessfull
Reapplied: 27th Sep 2013
Application hold - Jan 2014
RFC: 26th August 2014
Result: Alhamdulillah Visa Granted - All thanks to Allah and your prayers

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:39 pm

ANOTHER GOOD DAY
some one got RFC today im glad hope every one hear outcome asap.i applied online on 22nd December submitted to Garry on 3rd jan. under process 20jan but i am relax till july 2014, if average is six month no point to worry.if come early i be very Happy for now sit back and relax.
May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.

aneesa786

Post by aneesa786 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:44 pm

zeeh wrote:ANOTHER GOOD DAY
some one got RFC today im glad hope every one hear outcome asap.i applied online on 22nd December submitted to Garry on 3rd jan. under process 20jan but i am relax till july 2014, if average is six month no point to worry.if come early i be very Happy for now sit back and relax.
Yes I'm thinking the same way. Wait til we hear something. It's hard being apart from loved ones but it won't be forever in Shaa Allah. If It's sooner then it's a bonus. It's the reality for people in our situation and we should expect to wait. People compare to other countries but if you check the timelines they're done quicker because there are only a fraction of the amount of applications

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:53 pm

To Aneesa786
i hope you hear next,if you do than i can keep my hope before july. under what cat you have applied?

aneesa786 wrote:
Yes I'm thinking the same way. Wait til we hear something. It's hard being apart from loved ones but it won't be forever in Shaa Allah. If It's sooner then it's a bonus. It's the reality for people in our situation and we should expect to wait. People compare to other countries but if you check the timelines they're done quicker because there are only a fraction of the amount of applications
May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.

aneesa786

Post by aneesa786 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:58 pm

zeeh wrote:To Aneesa786
i hope you hear next,if you do than i can keep my hope before july. under what cat you have applied?

aneesa786 wrote:
Cat A employment plus Cat D cash savings
Prayforus applied under the same in Nov so Prayforus should probably hear before me. I don't know of anyone in this forum that's had the visa granted under that situation yet, so unsure of the timescales.

Sarah786

Post by Sarah786 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:05 am

ALKB wrote:

Which category did you apply under and what financial evidence did you submit exactly?
To be honest I'm my even sure I didn't even know thr was different categories I'm new to all this so have no idea, I had wage slips from my job showing £1500-1600 wage slips was slightly lowere then the threshold and bank statements to

Sarah786

Post by Sarah786 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:09 am

aneesa786 wrote:
That just means that they have everything to evidence your case and don't need anything else. If you're on hold that means they feel the only thing they have to fail you on is the income not meeting the minimum requirement and they're keeping you in hold until they find the outcome of the court case. Once they do they'll most likely either approve or decl
ne
Ive waited patiently up until now, after almost 11 months I've given up, see what happens on Monday, inshallah the decision is in favour for us all.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:48 am

Sarah786 wrote:
ALKB wrote:

To be honest I'm my even sure I didn't even know thr was different categories I'm new to all this so have no idea, I had wage slips from my job showing £1500-1600 wage slips was slightly lowere then the threshold and bank statements to
Okay, so you applied with six salary slips and corresponding bank statements?

Why were your wage slips showing varying levels of income?

If you applied under category A and it sounds like you did - then even if one wage slip was below £1550 it will make you fail the financial requirement no matter whether another wage slip goes above it. In category A they take the lowest monthly income and multiply by 12 - if that is below 18600 you don't meet the requirements of category A.

Have you earned above £1550 per month since the application or have you in total earned more than £18600 when adding up all your wage slips of the last 12 months?

By the way, did you apply on your own or did you have a legal advisor?

If you have varying levels of income it's better to apply under category B where all your income of the last 12 months is simply added up and if it's above £18600 you are fine.

Sarah786

Post by Sarah786 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:50 pm

Which category did you apply under and what financial evidence did you submit exactly?[/quote]

To be honest I'm my even sure I didn't even know thr was different categories I'm new to all this so have no idea, I had wage slips from my job showing £1500-1600 wage slips was slightly lowere then the threshold and bank statements to[/quote]

If you applied under category A and it sounds like you did - then even if one wage slip was below £1550 it will make you fail the financial requirement no matter whether another wage slip goes above it. In category A they take the lowest monthly income and multiply by 12 - if that is below 18600 you don't meet the requirements of category A.

Have you earned above £1550 per month since the application or have you in total earned more than £18600 when adding up all your wage slips of the last 12 months?

If you have varying levels of income it's better to apply under category B where all your income of the last 12 months is simply added up and if it's above £18600 you are fine.[/quote]

Hi yeh I had 6 month salary slips. And my income varied depending on bonuses. I know that some wage slips were lowere then 1550 so they would put application on hold. Would It be better for me I withdraw my application and reapply under cat b??

akhan47

Post by akhan47 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:50 pm

Sarah786 wrote:Which category did you apply under and what financial evidence did you submit exactly?
To be honest I'm my even sure I didn't even know thr was different categories I'm new to all this so have no idea, I had wage slips from my job showing £1500-1600 wage slips was slightly lowere then the threshold and bank statements to[/quote]

If you have varying levels of income it's better to apply under category B where all your income of the last 12 months is simply added up and if it's above £18600 you are fine.[/quote]

Hi yeh I had 6 month salary slips. And my income varied depending on bonuses. I know that some wage slips were lowere then 1550 so they would put application on hold. Would It be better for me I withdraw my application and reapply under cat b??[/quote]

That's not true, I thought they do the average over the 6 months and times by 12?
Applied in Islamabad: 03/07/12
Refused: 14/11/12
Appealed: 26/11/12
Court Date: 02/09/2013
Appeal Unsuccessful.
Re-applied in Islamabad: 20/01/2014
Refused: 15/09/14
Court Date: 09/05/2015
Appeal allowed.
Awaiting call letter.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:24 pm

akhan47 wrote:
Sarah786 wrote:Which category did you apply under and what financial evidence did you submit exactly?

Hi yeh I had 6 month salary slips. And my income varied depending on bonuses. I know that some wage slips were lowere then 1550 so they would put application on hold. Would It be better for me I withdraw my application and reapply under cat b??[/quote]

That's not true, I thought they do the average over the 6 months and times by 12?[/quote]

"Currently, those who are in non-salaried employment (which includes that
paid at an hourly rate or paid an amount which varies according to work
undertaken) and those in salaried employment are assessed in the same way.
In Category A, this means that it is the lowest monthly earnings that will
be used towards the financial requirement."

Quoted from here:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... e_category

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:02 pm

Sarah786 wrote: Hi yeh I had 6 month salary slips. And my income varied depending on bonuses. I know that some wage slips were lowere then 1550 so they would put application on hold. Would It be better for me I withdraw my application and reapply under cat b??
It might be - have you earned more than £18600 in the last 12 months?

I'd wait in any case to see what the court ruling next week brings, but do keep in mind that should the court rule that the income threshold has to be lowered (which is not guaranteed whatsoever, they could for instance say that the threshold is fine but that third party support should be allowed), HO can appeal that decision, which will mean many more months of waiting. And even if they don't appeal, it will take time to implement any changes.

So, have a look at what happens in court next week. Then have a good read through all the different categories of how to meet the financial requirement, look at your situation and take it from there.

Good luck :)

Sarah786

Post by Sarah786 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:14 pm

ALKB wrote:
Sarah786 wrote: Hi yeh I had 6 month salary slips. And my income varied depending on bonuses. I know that some wage slips were lowere then 1550 so they would put application on hold. Would It be better for me I withdraw my application and reapply under cat b??
It might be - have you earned more than £18600 in the last 12 months?

I'd wait in any case to see what the court ruling next week brings, but do keep in mind that should the court rule that the income threshold has to be lowered (which is not guaranteed whatsoever, they could for instance say that the threshold is fine but that third party support should be allowed), HO can appeal that decision, which will mean many more months of waiting. And even if they don't appeal, it will take time to implement any changes.

So, have a look at what happens in court next week. Then have a good read through all the different categories of how to meet the financial requirement, look at your situation and take it from there.

Good luck :)
Thank you where would I be able to find info about the different categories.. And also if my application stays on hold do u know if we can ask for passport to be returned so we can travel?

Sarah786

Post by Sarah786 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:16 pm

And if it is returned will my application stay on hold or get cancelled?

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:26 pm

The Statement of Changes to the Immigration Rules (HC 1039) laid before
Parliament on 14 March shows the changes to this assessment. This document
is available on our website:

[2]http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco...

The changes mean that for those in non-salaried employment, UKBA will use
an average of earnings. This will be for the 6 months prior to application
for those in Category A. It will take effect for all decisions from 6
April 2013 and revised guidance will be made available on our website
shortly.
I got that from the link you posted.

I'm sure they changed it ALKB to what I've quoted above.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:04 pm

prayforus wrote:
The Statement of Changes to the Immigration Rules (HC 1039) laid before
Parliament on 14 March shows the changes to this assessment. This document
is available on our website:

[2]http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco...

The changes mean that for those in non-salaried employment, UKBA will use
an average of earnings. This will be for the 6 months prior to application
for those in Category A. It will take effect for all decisions from 6
April 2013 and revised guidance will be made available on our website
shortly.
I got that from the link you posted.

I'm sure they changed it ALKB to what I've quoted above.

Thank you for the link. I started second-guessing myself, and looked it up on Annex FM 1.7:

"5.1.4. The only difference in Category A between salaried and non-salaried employment is how
gross annual salary or employment income is calculated:

Where the person is in salaried employment – they must have been paid throughout the
period of 6 months prior to the date of application at a level of gross annual salary which
equals or exceeds the level relied upon in the application. Therefore the figure used
towards the requirement will be the lowest level of annual salary received during the 6
month period.

Where the person is in non-salaried employment – the level of gross annual employment
income relied upon in the application will be the annual equivalent of the person’s average
gross monthly income from non-salaried employment in the 6 months prior to the date of
application (where that employment was held throughout that period).

To calculate this annualised average for non-salaried employment in Category A the
following calculation should be used:

(Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6 month period, divided by 6)
multiplied by 12 = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted towards the
financial requirement."

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... I6.doc.pdf

So, we are both right :) depending on whether it's salaried or non-salaried employment.

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:12 pm

March 3-5 approaching .. Don't know how I should be feeling .. Praying it's good news for all of us inshAllah ...