ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zar2009

Post by zar2009 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:21 pm

zeddy zed wrote:AOQ everyone

Just came back from Pakistan after submitting my wife's visa application just thought i,ll share my experience with everyone. we Submitted visa at mirpur vac. They didn't let me go in the vac only the applicant is allowed to go in side the vac. Another thing is even though it says on the application form they accept the applicant photo in cream background they actually don't, my wife had to get the photo taken again with white background before they accepted it .

I submitted my case on the 9th of august and the place that issued my naka nama received a call from islamabad a week later to verify the detail on the naka nama.

Another thing i submitted my case on the 9/8/2010 but on the online tracking it says submitted on 8/9/2010, i expected them lot to mess some thing up. Is this a major problem ? any advice what i should i do?

Kammy brv how did your application go?
Hi zeddy zed,

The date is in US format, Month/Day/Year

So it is actually correct - August 9th, 2010
Spouse Settlement Visa (Islamabad)
26/07/10: Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on
25/10/10: Employer contacted

genious

Post by genious » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:32 pm

zeddy zed wrote:AOQ everyone

Just came back from Pakistan after submitting my wife's visa application just thought i,ll share my experience with everyone. we Submitted visa at mirpur vac. They didn't let me go in the vac only the applicant is allowed to go in side the vac. Another thing is even though it says on the application form they accept the applicant photo in cream background they actually don't, my wife had to get the photo taken again with white background before they accepted it .

I submitted my case on the 9th of august and the place that issued my naka nama received a call from islamabad a week later to verify the detail on the naka nama.

Another thing i submitted my case on the 9/8/2010 but on the online tracking it says submitted on 8/9/2010, i expected them lot to mess some thing up. Is this a major problem ? any advice what i should i do?

Kammy brv how did your application go?
how do you know that the place issue your nikah nama was contacted to varify... do you have any one working there..

i wish you best of luck

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:53 pm

[quote="zeddy zed"]AOQ

salaaaaaam bro gud to hear from you. Man I had the same problem went to a professional photo booth and had photos taken. When Mrs went in they said re-take them again. Man with tash was outside with guns in blue uniform, entry through one side and out the other. The shop keepers dont leave you alone... photo copy chahiyai...lol

I had to wait 3 hours bro just for Mrs to come back out plus had to make copies of the file also as they didnt accept the paper used. They charge you extra more than the fee stated.
Was a weird experience.
TB testing was straight forward, that was just down the road.

I did PM you hoping you was back.

Allah Hafiz
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:30 pm

Thanks zar 2009 , i was starting to get worried .

Hi genious, i know cuz the naka nama place rang my in laws to tell them they received a call from islamabad to verify the naka nama details. I got my father in law to go to the naka nama place so i could speak to the person on the phone my self. The person said a lady from the islamabad visa section called and gave the naka nama number or something and wanted to verify the details of the naka nama. So the guy wanted to speak to us and confirm everything before he gave any information to the lady , plus he wanted his fee lol. I told my father in law to give him a fiver , i later called him again and he said the lady rang again and he gave the info she asked for
K44MYY wrote:
zeddy zed wrote:AOQ

salaaaaaam bro gud to hear from you. Man I had the same problem went to a professional photo booth and had photos taken. When Mrs went in they said re-take them again. Man with tash was outside with guns in blue uniform, entry through one side and out the other. The shop keepers dont leave you alone... photo copy chahiyai...lol

I had to wait 3 hours bro just for Mrs to come back out plus had to make copies of the file also as they didnt accept the paper used. They charge you extra more than the fee stated.
Was a weird experience.
TB testing was straight forward, that was just down the road.

I did PM you hoping you was back.

Allah Hafiz
salam kammy

yea got back yesterday late night just cam online today, same here they charged more then stated on the website it should have been around 86000, weird we were never informed about the further increase in the fee.

yea tell me about it i had to wait around 3 hours , but luckily my uncle knew the guy next door to gerry the photocopy place so i just sat there watching 'the transporter' helped pass time lol

inshallah we will hear good news soon

ehmud555

Post by ehmud555 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:18 pm

genious wrote:
batleykhan wrote: You can not simply change the date on your english version of N.N .
The english version of your NN shold have the same exact data data as the Urdu one. Your english version is a certfied translation of teh Urdu one.

You will need to get it changed at your local union council who issued or ask and pay for a new one to be issued with the correct information.

The data should be same on both Urdu and English NN as any discepency will lead to a refusal
well, what i am thinking is, as i don't have any date of birth on my Nikkah nama its just age in years.

i am thinking to have Eng translation with date of birth instead of age in years(correct one).
or
is there any way around.
it will be very difficult to get the new Nikkah nama. i have very limited resources in pak.

May Allah reward you.

thanks

Batleykhan is right.

Here is what I did, and this is what you could do too.

Basically get an english version of the NN, get it all signed (Yourself/Wife/Maulvi/2 Witnesses), and also get it stamped by your local district which I'm sure your Maulvi should get done for you anyway, and I also got it stamped by the foreign ministry.

Make sure all the information you enter in the english version of the NN is done by you, then get it approved by the Maulvi and request him to sign it.

Basically I just got the english version of the NN, filled it out myself with the Maulvi sitting next to me (so no mistakes are made), got all the relevant signatures, got it approved and sent it off. As long as you have an approved version of the NN, it doesn't matter if you accompany it with the Urdu one or not, it will be indefinately accepted.

This is what I was talking about, I think some people misunderstood me, and this is the reason why I never submitted the Urdu version of the NN, which was my original.

Hope that answers your troubles,

Regards

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:22 pm

zeddy zed

They dont normally ring to verify the Nikkah Namma unless they doubt something, unless it is normally 1/10 they do just to check I guess. Mind you no one really on the forum has been contacted regarding it.

I know of a friend whom had to go and show the passport, ID (nadra) Card as to verify it, they had a doubt in the marriage certificate so they wrang union council to ask the applicant to bring in the stuff and they then verified everything.
lol you got away with fiver they ask for thousands rather than 100`s rps

inshallah we will hear good news soon yep.
K44MYY

ehmud555

Post by ehmud555 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:23 pm

tasawar wrote:AOA786

Hi everybody is there anybody's employer,s contectd by UKBA yet whose apply in JUNE ?
The employers are not contacted in all cases. When UKBA feels like they would want to verify any information you have submitted, they will make the call, but do not worry about it at the moment, as I'm sure your employer would drop you an e-mail, etc to let you know they called.

Regards

Sairah A
Newly Registered

Post by Sairah A » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:39 pm

Hi, hoping someone can help me with a query about the VAF form..

at the very start, it asks for a date of travel, and im not sure what to put? my husband obv cant book a ticket until he has a visa so why are they asking for a date??

any help appreciated

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:27 am

Sairah A wrote:Hi, hoping someone can help me with a query about the VAF form..

at the very start, it asks for a date of travel, and im not sure what to put? my husband obv cant book a ticket until he has a visa so why are they asking for a date??

any help appreciated
Hey Sairah just put any date on there its ok. Put a month or to down. They ask that but they know you wouldnt travel on that date only if you have a visa. A rough travel date so if visa is issued when your hubby looking at travelling. That would also be used in emergency cases, Allah forbid someone is really ill in hospital, life or death matter and visa is required urgenlty etc.

Hope that helps. I put down a month from date my Mrs handed her app in.
K44MYY

zar2009

Post by zar2009 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:47 am

any help appreciated
Salaam Sairah,

We entered a date 3 months from the date of application as it would normally take 12 weeks to process. Initially we had stated 'as soon as possible', but gerrys insisted that a date should be entered.

Hope this helps
Spouse Settlement Visa (Islamabad)
26/07/10: Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on
25/10/10: Employer contacted

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:28 am

zar2009 wrote:

any help appreciated
Salaam Sairah,

We entered a date 3 months from the date of application as it would normally take 12 weeks to process. Initially we had stated 'as soon as possible', but gerrys insisted that a date should be entered.

Hope this helps
Yes you can enter any future date ,not a big deal.

3 months is a good guess.

Ali
..................................................................................................
This is simply a general discussion not an immigration advice. I not necessarily correct on everything I would say. I am learning too

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:16 am

AOA786

Our employr do not have e mail id and he do you use internet aswell and there was only his phone number mention of the employer letter head pad so till today UKBA did not contectd him so should i be worrid and becouse me 12 weeks starts from today and this is my 2nd time application for spouse i m getting stress becouse everybody who got there visa the UBKA contect there employer what should i do plz help me?

Jazak Allah Khair

mkak

Post by mkak » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:01 am

tasawar wrote:AOA786

Our employr do not have e mail id and he do you use internet aswell and there was only his phone number mention of the employer letter head pad so till today UKBA did not contectd him so should i be worrid and becouse me 12 weeks starts from today and this is my 2nd time application for spouse i m getting stress becouse everybody who got there visa the UBKA contect there employer what should i do plz help me?

Jazak Allah Khair
no there r some who got their visas but their employer were not contacted...
dont worry,,keep praying...inshAllah it will be in ur favor...
inshAllah u will get visa....

NAZ786

Post by NAZ786 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:32 am

Is there any one else on this forum who applied in May still waiting to hear?
La ila ha illa anta subhanaka inni kuntu minazzalimeen! Recite this Inshallah it will help everyone...

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:44 pm

Hey Naz, I applied in May too!

I just come back work today and had an email from HR to get my consent to give my details out to the uk border and this was 2 weeks ago! i am so annoyed my application got delayed two weeks because i wasnt at work to email hr back to confirm that they can go ahead to give my details out!

I have spoken to HR now, and they have sent off my employment details today - what does this mean? When do you think i will now get an answer?

Thanks

NAZ786

Post by NAZ786 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:50 pm

Salam asmajafar i was contacted in 11th week i was on lunch but they called me back which was good news.
Once they confirm your employment they will hopefully make a decision and will let you know. I think thats the reason why your case is delayed but don't worry Inshallah they will let you know...
La ila ha illa anta subhanaka inni kuntu minazzalimeen! Recite this Inshallah it will help everyone...

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:08 pm

yh no wonder for the delay. HR have just told me they have posted my confirmation out, so they should get it by Saturday so uk border agency will look at it on Monday now. fingers crossed!

When was your emplyer contacted? Havent you heard anything yet?

Yousafa

Post by Yousafa » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:33 pm

A lot of cases are exceeding the twelve weeks stated, I wouldn't panic if you haven't heard back. It appears as though there are a lot of people in this situation, myself included. There is no hard and fast rule which says that if there is a delay you either have or haven't been issued a visa. We should all relax, watch the cricket and hope Pakistan beat England to square the series :-)

NAZ786

Post by NAZ786 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:06 pm

asmajafar my employer was contacted on the 12/08/2010... I should hear soon Inshallah!

Yousafa pray for me inshallah, you also should get response very soon praying for everyone! :D

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:22 pm

Hey Naz786, they defo must have come to a decision about ur application..cant u email dem and find out?
please pray for me too..

confused.com!

Post by confused.com! » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:11 pm

My employer was only contacted a few days before your employers were contacted.We heard from gerrys last friday and picked up the visa on monday.im pretty dead sure u guys will hear by tomorow or monday as well.From your employer being contacted and for them to return the documents, it should take a good 2 weeks.Inshallah. Im goin to pick up my husband for eid. Hope you guys are reunited with your loved ones soon

NAZ786

Post by NAZ786 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:18 pm

Aoq confused.com plz keep me in ur duas Inshallah! :D
Keeping praying for the rest who are waiting to be with thier loved ones soon Inshallah!

confused.com!

Post by confused.com! » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:33 pm

im praying for you guys too, dont worry I know what it feels like to wait and wait and then when the day finally comes when gerrys contact you, you feel like your heart is going to jump out of your chest! They contacted my husband on the friday and made him come in on the monday, which was annoying because for the whole weekend we were worrying!

Are any of you going to pakistan to pick up your loved ones?

tk786
Newly Registered

Post by tk786 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:27 am

Salaam guys

sorry for being a pain...

I have asked 3 times the following question. But i think it keeps getting missed by everyone :)

Would BHC contact landlords to verify my accommodation status? My wife has applied for spouse visa.

I would really appreciate a reply.

Thanks

Salaam

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:53 am

tk786 wrote:Salaam guys

sorry for being a pain...

I have asked 3 times the following question. But i think it keeps getting missed by everyone :)

Would BHC contact landlords to verify my accommodation status? My wife has applied for spouse visa.

I would really appreciate a reply.

Thanks

Salaam
NO :wink: