ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

z4ydi

applicant address change request

Post by z4ydi » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:51 am

I lodged the appeal through my solicitor on 06/08/10. I provided my solicitor with the new address and phone number for the applicant in Pakistan to go in the IAF2 APPEAL FORM, for any postal correspondance (i.e. call letter) or any phone calls, but she forgot and used the old contact details. She has written a letter with new applicant contact details to send to First Tier tribunal today.
Can BatleyKhan byeee through some light on this whether this letter will do the trick to update the contact details or would it just get lost there and after 9 -12 months wait we realise that they have sent letters to the wrong address, do you have any further suggestion or advice so I can request my solicitor to do or is this enough - I want to get this right, cant afford any delays because of this.

suggestions or experience sharing from members in the forum will be much, much appreciated.

NAZ786

Post by NAZ786 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:01 am

Bismillahi Rahmani Raheem!

Alhumdulilah My Husband got the visa
Thank you all for your support and duas, May Allah give you all good news soon InshaAllah!

I thank confused.com, yousafa, humtum, batleykhan, Nazia786 for all your support thank you so much... :D

Here is a summary of our application:

Applied in Islamabad - 31 May 2010
Status changed to forwarded to BHC - 31 May 2010
Status changed to under process - 11 June 2010
Employer contacted - 12 August 2010
Status changed to collect passport - 26 Aug 2010
Passport collected with visa - 27 Aug 2010

So all in all it took exactly 65 Days which is 13 Weeks for the whole process.

When i found out i was in tears because of the happiness, I thank Allah so much... Allah Ka Lakh Lakh Shukar Hai Ameen!

If any one needs any advice please do not hesitate to contact me or pm me thanx. :D
La ila ha illa anta subhanaka inni kuntu minazzalimeen! Recite this Inshallah it will help everyone...

mkak

Post by mkak » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:24 am

mubaroooooooooook...mashAllahhhhhhh
pray for everyone...for me tooo... pleasee

batleykhan

Re: applicant address change request

Post by batleykhan » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:11 am

z4ydi wrote:I lodged the appeal through my solicitor on 06/08/10. I provided my solicitor with the new address and phone number for the applicant in Pakistan to go in the IAF2 APPEAL FORM, for any postal correspondance (i.e. call letter) or any phone calls, but she forgot and used the old contact details. She has written a letter with new applicant contact details to send to First Tier tribunal today.
Can BatleyKhan byeee through some light on this whether this letter will do the trick to update the contact details or would it just get lost there and after 9 -12 months wait we realise that they have sent letters to the wrong address, do you have any further suggestion or advice so I can request my solicitor to do or is this enough - I want to get this right, cant afford any delays because of this.

suggestions or experience sharing from members in the forum will be much, much appreciated.
There was no need to give your spouse information back home. You should have given your address in UK for correspondence as it will be you (sponsor)who will be appealing on your spouse behalf

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:14 am

NAZ786 wrote:Bismillahi Rahmani Raheem!

Thank you all for your support and duas, May Allah give you all good news soon InshaAllah!

I thank confused.com, yousafa, humtum, batleykhan, Nazia786 for all your support thank you so much... :D

When i found out i was in tears because of the happiness, I thank Allah so much... Allah Ka Lakh Lakh Shukar Hai Ameen!

If any one needs any advice please do not hesitate to contact me or pm me thanx. :D
Well done and congratulation on your success. I hope you have a happy and blissful future inshallah

ehmud555

Re: Dependent VISA

Post by ehmud555 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:19 am

mumtazali wrote:Hi,
My name is Ali and I have joined as a full time PhD student in Edinburgh University on 09th August, 2010. I am married and I want to invite my wife and 1 child (age: 1 month).

For dependent VISA, I have checked the website of UKBA and completed all documents including accommodation here in Edinburgh. Now, I am confused in Bank Statement. So, my query is how much my dependent have to show the amount in bank account (for 9 months or only 2 months)? Keeping in view that I have started my studies on 9th August, 2010.

Please guide me in this matter, urgently.

Thank you
Ali

For each dependent you need to show £533 in your account, and the funds should not dip below that required amount in the last 3 months before application date.

Regards

SF786

Post by SF786 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:29 am

Assalamalaikum NAZ786 many many congratulations! I'm sooooooooo happy for you sis! :) All the best with married Life inshaAllah!
"If Allah brings you to it, He will bring you through it"

NAZ786

Post by NAZ786 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:29 am

Bismillahi Rahmani Raheem!

Decision made - 13 August 2010

If any one needs any advice please do not hesitate to contact me or pm me thanx.
La ila ha illa anta subhanaka inni kuntu minazzalimeen! Recite this Inshallah it will help everyone...

z4ydi

Re: applicant address change request

Post by z4ydi » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:38 am

batleykhan wrote:
z4ydi wrote:I lodged the appeal through my solicitor on 06/08/10. I provided my solicitor with the new address and phone number for the applicant in Pakistan to go in the IAF2 APPEAL FORM, for any postal correspondance (i.e. call letter) or any phone calls, but she forgot and used the old contact details. She has written a letter with new applicant contact details to send to First Tier tribunal today.

There was no need to give your spouse information back home. You should have given your address in UK for correspondence as it will be you (sponsor)who will be appealing on your spouse behalf
JazakAllahu Khyran for your prompt reply, I did not know that. would they send me the Call letter to my UK address? Secondly when visa is issued they normally call the applicant to collect, do I give my UK number to them? please let me know as my solicitor is sending the letter out today.

Just to clarify: Contact information is requested in Section 1 of the IAF2 APPEAL FORM, Stating "Your address or an address where you can be contacted including the country", this section is filled with my spouse details including her address.
My details are give in section 9 of the form called Sponsor Details.

Should I give my phone number and address in section 1 too?

newbie21

Post by newbie21 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:51 am

congratulations NAZ786, please remember us in your duas.

mkak

Post by mkak » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:52 am

my 12 weeks are done...my application is still not processed...
im happy for those who got their visas :)..
plzz pray for me and for everyone else waiting for their visas...

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:34 pm

AOA786

Mubarak to Naz and all who get there visas and mkak u and me we are about in same boat becouse bitween ur and mine application there just 2 days diffrance so plz keep me update aswell if the UKBA contect ur employer becous till today they did not call to my employer and please do dua for all of us who is process

Jazak Allah khair.
Last edited by tasawar on Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mkak

Post by mkak » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:38 pm

tasawar wrote:AOA786

Mubarak to Nazia and all who get there visas and mkak u r me we are about in boat becouse bitween ur and mine application there just 2 days diffrance so plz keep me update aswell if the UKBA contect ur employer becous till today they did not call to my employer and please do dua for all of us who is process

Jazak Allah khair.
yes i will pray for you...u have been waiting for 2 years....may Allah reward you for being patient...
my husband is self-employed...they dont contact employers for self-employed person...but i will keep you updated...
keep praying for everyone...

qasimb123
Newly Registered

Post by qasimb123 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:38 pm

Hi all congrats to those who are getting postive news, just a quick question can some please tell me what kind of strandard related immigration questions do the officers ask when u reach the uk passport border control.

confused.com!

Post by confused.com! » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:08 pm

congratulations nazia! i told you, u would hear from them by today! its been exactly a week since i heard from them and u had applied a few days after me. So for all the people who applied in May, please hang in there and i am praying for you guys. Inshallah, i hope all of your dua's are accepted in this holy month

ishty
Newly Registered

Post by ishty » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:23 pm

Salaam all, hope Ramadan is going well for my brothers and sisters.

I have been an avid follower of this forum for the past 2-3 months and now my time has come to get my documentation in order for process of my wife's visa.

Having read through a lot of pages in this thread i have some concerns i hope u can assist me on.

My concerns are in regards to my financial status, i have 11 weekly wage slips and also a job offer for a permanent position starting on 20th Sept.

I am also a homeowner since 2002 but my bank statement shows money coming from other sources in last 3 months i.e deposited from my brothers bank account and manually by me.

In total £1500 pounds roughly was owned to me by my brother.

The money has been deposited in sums of £200 3 times and £300 £400 once each randomly in the last 3 months showing on my bank statement.

Also i was into my overdraft (141 pounds)before starting my job but in my 300 pound overdraft limit.

Do you think i have a weak case in regards to my financial standing? What if i explain it was owned to me?
What proof can i give that it came from my brother?
Would a declaration form my brother be sufficient?
If i send my application now how long will the bank statement be valid for? as i want to send the documents next week and apply in first week of October.

My check list is as followed.

1)Applicant
Completed VAF4A application form
Applicant's passport - (NIC card or photocopy needed)?
Applicant's original birth certificate (needed)?
Applicant’s TB certificate

2)Myself
My covering letter
My declaration via solicitor
Attested copy of My British passport (entry and exit in Pakistan).

3)My UK accommodation arrangements
Homeowner’s 2010 mortgage statement
Homeowner’s title Register
Accommodation report

4)My employment and finances
Covering letter explaining my financial standing.
Original bank statements 9/06/10 to 1/09/10.
Employer job offer.
11 weeks wage slips

5)Evidence of marriage and contact between sponsor and applicant
My covering letter
Original marriage certificate in Urdu
Attested English translation of marriage certificate
Wedding photos from the first day
Wedding photos from the second day
After wedding photo
Evidence of continuing contact in the form of itemized bills from lycamobile.
Evidence of my financial support of applicant – 2 transfer receipts

I've put a covering letter at the beginning of any section which I thought could do with clarity in a certain aspect or simply in the manner in which I have presented the information (e.g. the lengthy and numerous itemized bills)

Should i wait for another month before i lodge the application or am i worrying to much, pleas help me out. :(

qasimb123
Newly Registered

Post by qasimb123 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:14 pm

ishty wrote:Salaam all, hope Ramadan is going well for my brothers and sisters.

I have been an avid follower of this forum for the past 2-3 months and now my time has come to get my documentation in order for process of my wife's visa.

Having read through a lot of pages in this thread i have some concerns i hope u can assist me on.

My concerns are in regards to my financial status, i have 11 weekly wage slips and also a job offer for a permanent position starting on 20th Sept.

I am also a homeowner since 2002 but my bank statement shows money coming from other sources in last 3 months i.e deposited from my brothers bank account and manually by me.

In total £1500 pounds roughly was owned to me by my brother.

The money has been deposited in sums of £200 3 times and £300 £400 once each randomly in the last 3 months showing on my bank statement.

Also i was into my overdraft (141 pounds)before starting my job but in my 300 pound overdraft limit.

Do you think i have a weak case in regards to my financial standing? What if i explain it was owned to me?
What proof can i give that it came from my brother?
Would a declaration form my brother be sufficient?
If i send my application now how long will the bank statement be valid for? as i want to send the documents next week and apply in first week of October.

My check list is as followed.

1)Applicant
Completed VAF4A application form
Applicant's passport - (NIC card or photocopy needed)?
Applicant's original birth certificate (needed)?
Applicant’s TB certificate

2)Myself
My covering letter
My declaration via solicitor
Attested copy of My British passport (entry and exit in Pakistan).

3)My UK accommodation arrangements
Homeowner’s 2010 mortgage statement
Homeowner’s title Register
Accommodation report

4)My employment and finances
Covering letter explaining my financial standing.
Original bank statements 9/06/10 to 1/09/10.
Employer job offer.
11 weeks wage slips

5)Evidence of marriage and contact between sponsor and applicant
My covering letter
Original marriage certificate in Urdu
Attested English translation of marriage certificate
Wedding photos from the first day
Wedding photos from the second day
After wedding photo
Evidence of continuing contact in the form of itemized bills from lycamobile.
Evidence of my financial support of applicant – 2 transfer receipts

I've put a covering letter at the beginning of any section which I thought could do with clarity in a certain aspect or simply in the manner in which I have presented the information (e.g. the lengthy and numerous itemized bills)

Should i wait for another month before i lodge the application or am i worrying to much, pleas help me out. :(
Hi there my wife got her visa this week and i roughly had the same evidence as you but i had included water and gas bill as well apart from that we roughly had the same application, just say the money from your brother was a non repayaable monetary gift and get him to sign it. A

mkak

Post by mkak » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:13 pm

z4ydi
i have pm you

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:21 pm

NAZ786

Congrats, Very good news from you masha Allah, So happy for you both.
The long wait is finally over.

Allah Hafiz
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

c4_2007

Post by c4_2007 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:42 pm

Salams,

NaZ786 MashAllah - May Allah reward you for your Patience. Congratulations!
Tues 04/05/2010 - App submitted Lahore
Wed 05/05/2010 - App forwarded to Islamabad OC.
Mon 17/05/10 - Visa Application is under process at British High Commission
Tue 29/06/19 - HR contacted
Thur 22/07/10- Email to confirm decision Made

K44MYY

*********** JUNE/JULY MEMBERS LIST ONLY PLEASE ************

Post by K44MYY » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:42 pm

*********** JUNE/JULY MEMBERS LIST ONLY PLEASE ************

Any June/July members who have submitted there application for UK Settlement Visa - VAF4 application please add your details below with relevant dates.

Please put name,place submitted, date submitted and status.

mkak - Islamabad - 07/06/10 - under process at BHC 18/06/2010
Tasawar - Mirpur - 08/06/2010 - under process at BHC 23/06/2010
maryammajid786 - Lahore - 11/06/10 - under process at BHC 25/6/2010
londongood - karachi - 21/06/10 - Under process at BHC - 05.07.10
Corrado - Islamabad - 02/07/10 - Under process at BHC - 16/07/10
Ikhlaq - Islamabad - 05/07/10 - under process at BHC - 16/07/10
Navalaviator - Islamabad - 14/07/10 - Under process at BHC - 27/07/10
yoda121- Lahore - 19/07/10 - under process at BHC - 02/08/10
K44MYY - MIRPUR - 22/07/10 - passed onto Islamabed on 22/07/10
Zar2009 - Islamabad - 26/07/10 - passed onto Islamabad on 26/07/10
Newbie21-Islamabad - 27/07/10 under process at BHC -10/08/10
Qasim - Dates pls?

All members pls check ur details and amend where appropriate. July members I know we started July list but its fair to include June also as long as they keep us updated on their status so we know what to expect on ours come near the time. :lol:
Our Lord! Grant us good in this world and good in the life to come and keep us safe from the torment of the Fire[Al-Baqarah :201]

May Allah make it easy for us all and grant us our spouse visas - Ameen

ALLAH KNOWS BEST
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

Henah

Post by Henah » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:20 am

Hi, Just a quick update...my status changed today to 'Visa application is under process at the Britsh High commission 27/08/10' :? hope all goes well INSHALLAH.

Anyway Anyone still not applied in August??
Visa Submitted: 16/08/2010 (Mirpur)
Online: Forwarded to Islamabad OC 16/08/2010
Status changed: Under Process at the British High Commission 27/08/10
No Employer contact
Ready for collection: 11/11/10
Visa Granted :) ALHUMDULILA

alikhan28
BANNED

Re: *********** JUNE/JULY MEMBERS LIST ONLY PLEASE *********

Post by alikhan28 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:26 am

K44MYY wrote:*********** JUNE/JULY MEMBERS LIST ONLY PLEASE ************

Any June/July members who have submitted there application for UK Settlement Visa - VAF4 application please add your details below with relevant dates.

Qasim - Dates pls?

All members pls check ur details and amend where appropriate. July members I know we started July list but its fair to include June also as long as they keep us updated on their status so we know what to expect on ours come near the time. :lol:
Our Lord! Grant us good in this world and good in the life to come and keep us safe from the torment of the Fire[Al-Baqarah :201]

ALLAH KNOWS BEST

Is this list necessary? I belive this is diverting whole topic.

So please posts issues or information.

God bless you all.

Ali
..................................................................................................
This is simply a general discussion not an immigration advice. I not necessarily correct on everything I would say. I am learning too

corrado

Re: *********** JUNE/JULY MEMBERS LIST ONLY PLEASE *********

Post by corrado » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:49 am

alikhan28 wrote:
K44MYY wrote:*********** JUNE/JULY MEMBERS LIST ONLY PLEASE ************

Qasim - Dates pls?

ALLAH KNOWS BEST

Is this list necessary? I belive this is diverting whole topic.

So please posts issues or information.

God bless you all.

Ali
The post is highly on topic as the thread is for Pakistan spouse visa applications.

Secondly, it is very useful for people like myself who are on the list because it will serve as a reasonably good indicator of time scales etc once employers are contacted and status changes occur for the people above me on the list.

So it is very informative for me.

All in my humble opinion.

Congrats to all those who have received visas recently, keep praying for those of us waiting.

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:29 am

hey naz786 for you congratulations, im so happy you. Guess its just me from the May bunch waiting to hear.

My employer has been contacted, so guess just gonna have to wait another 2 weeks for an answer. Hopefully it will be gud news..please pray for me every1.
xx