ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rocksolid
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by rocksolid » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:17 am

Applied on 2nd May, got CoA on time which is now expired. it has been over 6 months.

I am Pakistani national and wife is from Romania. HO just says wait and wait. Many conflicting responses from helpline. we never been called for interview. Don't think they can do now but I wanted to know if anyone past 6 months had been called for interview?

End up contacting SOLVIT, HO Complaint and Local MP. Haven't heard form anyone yet. Could you guys suggest what else I can do?

anyone experienced SOLVIT yet? they work with EU and help applicants who have been waiting for over 6 months. You don't need to do a lawyer / solicitor. They do it all for you, free. http://ec.europa.eu/solvit/

If you guys can help and suggest anything, it will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:52 pm

rocksolid wrote:Applied on 2nd May, got CoA on time which is now expired. it has been over 6 months.

I am Pakistani national and wife is from Romania. HO just says wait and wait. Many conflicting responses from helpline. we never been called for interview. Don't think they can do now but I wanted to know if anyone past 6 months had been called for interview?

End up contacting SOLVIT, HO Complaint and Local MP. Haven't heard form anyone yet. Could you guys suggest what else I can do?

anyone experienced SOLVIT yet? they work with EU and help applicants who have been waiting for over 6 months. You don't need to do a lawyer / solicitor. They do it all for you, free. http://ec.europa.eu/solvit/

Thanks.
Have your European wife contact Linda Bateman at the Home Office: Linda.Bateman@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. She is the Deputy Chief Caseworker. Make sure that your wife is polite with her and she might be able to look into it for you. They can, if they think it's required, take longer than the 6 months that they have by law. However, it's also your right to chase up after 6 months.

rocksolid
Newly Registered

Post by rocksolid » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:07 pm

chaoclive wrote:
rocksolid wrote:Applied on 2nd May, got CoA on time which is now expired. it has been over 6 months.

Thanks.
Have your European wife contact Linda Bateman at the Home Office: Linda.Bateman@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. She is the Deputy Chief Caseworker. Make sure that your wife is polite with her and she might be able to look into it for you. They can, if they think it's required, take longer than the 6 months that they have by law. However, it's also your right to chase up after 6 months.
Thank you Chaoclive. Have you experienced talking with Linda yourself? If you did, could you please share how did it go?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:28 pm

rocksolid wrote:
chaoclive wrote:

Thanks.
Thank you Chaoclive. Have you experienced talking with Linda yourself? If you did, could you please share how did it go?
I have. I was very polite and friendly and she responded in the same way. However, another person I was chatting to was very straightforward with her and she was quite rude back. It depends on how you come across to her. I'd advise being nice and friendly. :)

JFS
Newly Registered

Post by JFS » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:19 am

Application received by HO: 29.10.2014
Acknowledgement letter received: 05.11.2014

zusman
Pakistan

Post by zusman » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:46 am

EEA2 timeline.
Application sent 16/04/2014
Acknowledgement letter and COA received within 10 days
After three months received a letter asking more proofs, Provided
08/10/2014 Had surprise home visit, officers were satisfied. They said you should receive your decision within 2 to 3 weeks.
After that contacted MP wrote letters, phone calls, Solvit, none of these resources seems to be working. Today wrote an email to Linda.Bateman@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk as well. Received an automatic reply, will contact you tomorrow.
This situation is really frustrating.it is not easy to wait even six months but when they don't reply you even after six months.it ridicules. They seem to play with feelings. :(
Any help please????

juliazl
Newly Registered

Post by juliazl » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:01 pm

Application date :15/09/2014
Confirmation letter: 17/09/2014 (date on the letter, forgot when I received it)
CoA :25/09/2014 (no right to work).
Call Home Office today:03001232253,they are processing my application.

I asked about if I can stay here if my expires (as an unmarried partner), they confirmed yes. I asked two guys, or one guy twice. The answers are the same. If there is anyone who applied EEA2 as an ummaried partner of an EU before, could you pls double confirm if I can still stay here if my visa expires at the end of the year?

By the way, if any one knows that if I have to report to local police station when my visa expires? Thanks.

JohnDee

Post by JohnDee » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:13 am

Have sent my EEA2 Application on 29th Oct, checked account money was debited on 30th Oct yet nothing have received by today ...... today is Friday, hopefully get at-least Acknowledgement letter from HO :?

zoe14

Post by zoe14 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:34 am

EEA2 Application
Details:

Sent Application by Mail: August 19
Received the COA: Sept 2 (with right to work)
**Checked on Royal Mail today (My Return Special Delivery) it says there: On its way**

I will repost here again to share the news. I an horribly nervous since we applied with no Solicitors...hopefully all goes well.

zoe14

Post by zoe14 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:45 pm

EEA2 Application
Details:

RC Received: November 7, 2014

***Less than 3 months***

Thank you for the unwavering support!!

kash112
United Kingdom

Post by kash112 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:30 pm

zoe14 wrote:EEA2 Application
Details:

***Less than 3 months***

CongratulTion......visa was on pasport or on a paper?

JohnDee

Post by JohnDee » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:03 pm

Congratulations for your RC, would you mind sharing you and your partner nationality ??
Thanks

zoe14

Post by zoe14 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:03 pm

kash112 wrote:
Details:

***Less than 3 months***

CongratulTion......visa was on pasport or on a paper?

On passport

kash112
United Kingdom

Post by kash112 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:14 am

I hv been to interview yesterday...he interviewd 50 mins my wife and 40 mins mine..3 answers did nt match ...but interwer told me that he is positive about interview and he will recmend to caseworker as this is real couple....can anyone tell me what does that mean?

sunspott
Newly Registered

Post by sunspott » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:38 am

Details:

***Less than 3 months***

Hi, we applied using solicitor 4 August 2014, got CoA, but nothing else until now. We are unmarried couple, partner is an overstayer as well and we have a baby together. I hope we'll get it soon.

rochester845
Newly Registered

Post by rochester845 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:39 pm

rochester845 wrote:Hell Everyone,

i received my 5 year residence card after retention of right after divorce,
when i can apply for PR Or BC,
i got married JAN 2009
1st Residence card received DEC 2010
Divorced JUN 2014
2nd Residence card retention of right OCT 2014
can any one help when they start counting years after marriage or after residence card
REgards

zoe14

Post by zoe14 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:28 pm

Sunspott,

I didnt apply with a solicitor since we cannot afford one. It was a great gamble for us, but it was a relief now that i have our RC. We saved £800+

I didnt asked for our passports back, so i have my RC on the passport.

I hope you can get yours fast too. Less than 3 months is a dream come true

jobmm
Newly Registered

Post by jobmm » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:17 am

Dear All,
Its noticed that some of EEA2 applications takes more than 6 months, I have submitted my application in May 2014 and my long wait still continues, Home office had house visit in last month .Its so pathetic situation, Dear friends can you please suggest what to do next, please share your similar experience,anybody got RC recently after six month period???
zusman

kash112
United Kingdom

Post by kash112 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:38 am

jobmm wrote:Dear All,
Its noticed that some of EEA2 applications takes more than 6 months, I have submitted my application in May 2014 and my long wait still continues, Home office had house visit in last month .Its so pathetic situation, Dear friends can you please suggest what to do next, please share your similar experience,anybody got RC recently after six month period???
zusman
Hi...can i ask u...if u and ur wife were at home when they came to u?

zusman
Pakistan

Post by zusman » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:31 pm

zusman
It's around 7 months to application and one month since immigrantion have visited our house.but no reply.. :(

JohnDee

Post by JohnDee » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:36 pm

At last got my acknowledgment letter on 8th Nov mentioned date on letter was 30th Oct..!!! Now waiting for my COA ...!!!!

jobmm
Newly Registered

Post by jobmm » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:37 pm

kash112 wrote:
zusman
Hi...can i ask u...if u and ur wife were at home when they came to u?
They came one day when we both were at work (around 10 am) , landlord informed and the came after 3 weeks(03/10/2014) around 6 am when we bot home.

JohnDee

Post by JohnDee » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:42 pm

So for how long did HO staff stayed at yours property and what type of question they asked and what things they observed if you noticed any ????? :?:

Thoreg
Newly Registered

Post by Thoreg » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:25 am

Hi guys!

Congrats to those who just received their RC's!
I've been reading comments on this site for a few days now, and I've found all comments very encouraging. :)

Just sent my application for EEA2 last week Monday and I have been holding my breath since then loll.....wish me luck :D

waqarhussain720
Newly Registered

Post by waqarhussain720 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:39 pm

Hi i have been reading this EEA2 forum since last month and its really helpfull. Congratuations to all those who have recieved there EEA2 residence Card and good luck to who are waiting on it.
Woud like to share my exerience aswell. The first time i applied for EEA2 was in April 2012 that was refused in August 2012 cause i couldnt submit my passport as i lost it. Then again applied for it in 2013 and was again refused in october 2013 and the reason was passport. As my Pakistani Consulate was saying we cant issue you passport unless you show us your Visa and Home Office was saying we cant issue you EEA2 unless you show us your passport so i was kinda stuck from both sides. we did appeal too in November 2013 but was refused in 2014. Alhamdulillah i was able to get my passport in 2014 as one guy in Pakistan Consulate knew the rules about being the partner of an EEA national so he issued me my passport.
Applied again for EEA2 on 3 November 2014 recieved the acknowledgement letter today dated 5 November 2014. Gonna have to wait for COA now.