ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

juliazl
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by juliazl » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:49 pm

Does any one know if I can work till my visa expires? I currently holding a student visa, which allows me to work full time. I applied EEA2 and get the COA (do not allowed to work).
Thank you very much.

waqarhussain720
Newly Registered

Post by waqarhussain720 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:59 pm

juliazl wrote:Does any one know if I can work till my visa expires? I currently holding a student visa, which allows me to work full time. I applied EEA2 and get the COA (do not allowed to work).
Thank you very much.
As far as i know if you have a valid student visa that allow you to work thn you can work.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:02 pm

waqarhussain720 wrote:
juliazl wrote:Does any one know if I can work till my visa expires? I currently holding a student visa, which allows me to work full time. I applied EEA2 and get the COA (do not allowed to work).
Thank you very much.
As far as i know if you have a valid student visa that allow you to work thn you can work.
I think students can only work 20hrs/week.

juliazl
Newly Registered

Post by juliazl » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:09 pm

Thank you waqarhussain720 & chaoclive! I know that I can work under my student visa, but I am now applying for the EEA2, which gives a COA indicating that I cannot work. So should I refer to my student visa (before it expires) or the current COA? Thanks.

waqarhussain720
Newly Registered

Post by waqarhussain720 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:23 pm

juliazl wrote:Thank you waqarhussain720 & chaoclive! I know that I can work under my student visa, but I am now applying for the EEA2, which gives a COA indicating that I cannot work. So should I refer to my student visa (before it expires) or the current COA? Thanks.
refer to your student visa as applying for EEA2 doesnt nulify your student visa. Even your COA doesnt allow you to work but you have valid student visa so you can work.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:25 pm

waqarhussain720 wrote:
juliazl wrote:Thank you waqarhussain720 & chaoclive! I know that I can work under my student visa, but I am now applying for the EEA2, which gives a COA indicating that I cannot work. So should I refer to my student visa (before it expires) or the current COA? Thanks.
refer to your student visa as applying for EEA2 doesnt nulify your student visa. Even your COA doesnt allow you to work but you have valid student visa so you can work.
I think that this should be correct. Are you still a student? If yes, of course you can rely on the student visa. If not...I'm not sure.

Perhaps one of the more experience people will come along and answer.

Can I just check: why do you think they gave you a COA without the right to work? Is it because you are not married to your partner? Or is there another reason?

juliazl
Newly Registered

Post by juliazl » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:30 pm

I already got the COA without right to work. I finished my study. But my student visa is still valid, which allows me to work here the end of this year.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:43 pm

juliazl wrote:I already got the COA without right to work. I finished my study. But my student visa is still valid, which allows me to work here the end of this year.
Do you know why they didn't give you the right to work? If so, why not address these reasons in a letter to the Home Office asking that they issue you with the correct COA? If you tell us the reasons why, someone might be able to come up with some ideas about what you can tell them.

Please ignore that the COA says that they HO will not change their decision. You can request them to issue the correct one.

juliazl
Newly Registered

Post by juliazl » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:47 pm

Because we are not married, the COA should be right. I heard that only the married can get a COA with right to work. Thank you chaoclive. :)

sunspott
Newly Registered

Post by sunspott » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:09 pm

juliazl wrote:Because we are not married, the COA should be right. I heard that only the married can get a COA with right to work. Thank you chaoclive. :)
That's not true. We are not married and my partner got the COA with the right to work. Btw we have a baby together. Maybe that's why we got with the right to work.

juliazl
Newly Registered

Post by juliazl » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:14 pm

Really??? We do not have baby yet. But we do live together for more than two years and have a durable relationship for more than 4 years. Do you think I should contact HO ?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:58 pm

juliazl wrote:Really??? We do not have baby yet. But we do live together for more than two years and have a durable relationship for more than 4 years. Do you think I should contact HO ?
I think they normally give the COA without the right to work for unmarried couples. I don't know that they would change it.

I don't think it would do any harm to contact them and ask but I doubt they will change it in this incidence.

juliazl
Newly Registered

Post by juliazl » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:05 pm

Thanks Chaoclive. I think I will just wait.
chaoclive wrote:
juliazl wrote:Really??? We do not have baby yet. But we do live together for more than two years and have a durable relationship for more than 4 years. Do you think I should contact HO ?
I think they normally give the COA without the right to work for unmarried couples. I don't know that they would change it.

I don't think it would do any harm to contact them and ask but I doubt they will change it in this incidence.

sunspott
Newly Registered

Post by sunspott » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:07 pm

Yeah, no joking. We've got with right to work. I think it won't harm anybody if you contact HO. If they say no, well at least you'll know you did everything you could. Or who knows maybe they will change the COA.

juliazl
Newly Registered

Post by juliazl » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:18 pm

Hello sunspott,
Did you applied for the unmarried one too? You got COA with right to work at the first place?
sunspott wrote:
Yeah, no joking. We've got with right to work. I think it won't harm anybody if you contact HO. If they say no, well at least you'll know you did everything you could. Or who knows maybe they will change the COA.

sunspott
Newly Registered

Post by sunspott » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:23 pm

Hi, yeah, we applied as unmarried couple through solicitor and we got with the right to work, however we have a baby. Maybe that is the reason.
juliazl wrote:Hello sunspott,
Did you applied for the unmarried one too? You got COA with right to work at the first place?
sunspott wrote:

kash112
United Kingdom

Post by kash112 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:25 am

When i applied for eea2 as unmarried partner i had only 7 months letters and joint accounts...they gave me COA with RIGHT TO WORK....i dont think baby or anything else has anything to do with COA....

webbon
Newly Registered

Post by webbon » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:47 am

You really don't have to keep on guessing and wondering... just look for answers.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... idance.pdf

Freedom of Information is great.

It looks like if you're unmarried it probably all depends on whether you have a Family Permit or not.

juliazl
Newly Registered

Post by juliazl » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:25 am

Dear Kash,
Thank you very much!Did you finnally get your RC? Did they ask you to provide more documents later?
kash112 wrote:
When i applied for eea2 as unmarried partner i had only 7 months letters and joint accounts...they gave me COA with RIGHT TO WORK....i dont think baby or anything else has anything to do with COA....

kash112
United Kingdom

Post by kash112 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:16 am

juliazl wrote:Dear Kash,
Thank you very much!Did you finnally get your RC? Did they ask you to provide more documents later?
kash112 wrote:
They refused unmarried partner app becoz i did nt provide them my partner id card... but i applied again 4 months ago as married partner...i had interview last week...

waqarhussain720
Newly Registered

Post by waqarhussain720 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:48 pm

kash112 wrote: They refused unmarried partner app becoz i did nt provide them my partner id card... but i applied again 4 months ago as married partner...i had interview last week...
hi what kinda questions did they ask you in interveiw and was your interview in Liverpool or they came to your home. Many Thanks in advance.

kash112
United Kingdom

Post by kash112 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:01 pm

waqarhussain720 wrote:
kash112 wrote: They refused unmarried partner app becoz i did nt provide them my partner id card... but i applied again 4 months ago as married partner...i had interview last week...
hi what kinda questions did they ask you in interveiw and was your interview in Liverpool or they came to your home. Many Thanks in advance.
Hi.....they asked us 46 questions..partners family name...my parents name.....how we met...who purpose and where....how much is rent who pays rent...its like they wanted to check if relationship is genuine...the interviewer made mistakes...he write dates wrong...but at the end he says i m positive about u but cant give u decision...times....my wife 50 mins ...mine 40 mins......but there were people who spent 2 hours each in interview room...hope it helps

waqarhussain720
Newly Registered

Post by waqarhussain720 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:14 pm

kash112 wrote:
waqarhussain720 wrote:
Hi.....they asked us 46 questions..partners family name...my parents name.....how we met...who purpose and where....how much is rent who pays rent...its like they wanted to check if relationship is genuine...the interviewer made mistakes...he write dates wrong...but at the end he says i m positive about u but cant give u decision...times....my wife 50 mins ...mine 40 mins......but there were people who spent 2 hours each in interview room...hope it helps
hey thanks for your reply. hope it all goes well for youand you will get your EEA2 soon. one of my friend he said they are asking stupid questions too sometimes like what did u had for dinner last week on tuesday. so i was like who will remeber this lol. did they came to your house or called you to liverpool.
hope they will come to visit our house rather thn calling us going to liverpool cause we had 3 yrs old wee boy and no body would be available ro baby sit him.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:46 pm

waqarhussain720 wrote:hope they will come to visit our house rather thn calling us going to liverpool cause we had 3 yrs old wee boy and no body would be available ro baby sit him.
The Marriage Interview Team is based in Liverpool so you will have to go there if you're invited for an interview.

rocksolid
Newly Registered

Post by rocksolid » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:59 am

chaoclive wrote:
rocksolid wrote:Applied on 2nd May, got CoA on time which is now expired. it has been over 6 months.

I am Pakistani national and wife is from Romania. HO just says wait and wait. Many conflicting responses from helpline. we never been called for interview. Don't think they can do now but I wanted to know if anyone past 6 months had been called for interview?

End up contacting SOLVIT, HO Complaint and Local MP. Haven't heard form anyone yet. Could you guys suggest what else I can do?

anyone experienced SOLVIT yet? they work with EU and help applicants who have been waiting for over 6 months. You don't need to do a lawyer / solicitor. They do it all for you, free. http://ec.europa.eu/solvit/

If you guys can help and suggest anything, it will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

So here are updates. They neither respond to MP nor SOLVIT. Both told me that they have written to HM but have not received a reply. However to spice up the case, we are asked for an interview after 6 months and 11 days. It says on the letter that "this is to prioritize our application for immediate consideration"... we cannot attend the interview on the mentioned date but we asked them to arrange it sooner. If anyone had any experience with rearranging an interview, please do share with us. Linda only suggested to wait.

I am Pakistani applicant, she is Romanian Spouse, for those who have missed the story.

I suggest if you are struggling with your application, then seek help from your MP and unlike me don't wait for 6 months to be over.