ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sensazn

Post by sensazn » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:22 am

imran

i dont know how well you know longsight,but both organisations are in longsight on stockport road about 10 seconds walk from each other....lloyds solicitors are based next boots pharmacy and the law centre is just a few doors away if you do decide to visit i would reccomend ringing the Law centre forst on 0161 225 5111 to try and get some telephone advice on immigration ring them after 2 pm they do offer free telephone advice and if you want to try and visit Lloyds solicitors you can do that too.

sensazn

Post by sensazn » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:27 am

bro I am actually from lancashire just outside of manchester. I live cloto bury -any solicitors from lancashire/greater manachester/yorkshire/north west is cool with me.[/quote]

bro ive found a law centre in bury detais are as follows

Bury Law Centre
Contact details
8 Bank Street
Bury
BL9 0DL

Telephone: 0161 272 0666
Fax: 0161 272 0031
Email: info@burylawcentre.co.uk

hope this helps ring them up for some advice or visit

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:41 am

I would like to know the sequence of events after submitting an appeal for a spouse visa. going through the forum I saw the following chain of events/actions after appeal is filed:

1. Received letter giving date of hearing
Q - How long after appeal is filed?

2. If appeal Allowed on hearing.

3. Received determination.
Q - what is determination? Is it telling the ECO to issue the visa? how long after hearing you should expect to receive this?

4. Received call letter
Q - Who can receive this applicant or the sponsor?

5. Passport submitted 28 July

Am I missing anything in the chain please add and explain what it is.

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:10 pm

Hey Tweety,

Thank you for your support. How shall i complain about whats happen to me?

Thanks

Asma

TANVIR786
Newly Registered

VAF4 App Form

Post by TANVIR786 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:24 pm

Hi,

Question:

Will the visa app centre in Lahore accept the VAF4 form downloaded and filled in from the UK Gerrys website or does it have to be collected from pakistan and filled in????

All help is appreciated.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: VAF4 App Form

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:32 pm

TANVIR786 wrote:Hi,

Question:

Will the visa app centre in Lahore accept the VAF4 form downloaded and filled in from the UK Gerrys website or does it have to be collected from pakistan and filled in????

All help is appreciated.
Use form available on UKVisas website.

regards

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:40 pm

sensazn wrote:
tweety sister i have a race against time under normal circumstances i wouldnt be worried at all i am very patient but the things is my wife is 6 months pregnant masha allah and into her 7th month so if the baby is born there it will create a big problem for as then i will have to apply separately for the baby and if my wife is granted visa after the baby is born then my wife will have to come to uk within 28 days and my baby will be left their with granparents so thats the issue for me

wife applied on 06/08/10
being processed 27/08/10
sensazn wrote:Inshallah i will pray for ur wife to get visa soon, your wife has 3 months to travel after reciving her passport with visa stamp on, the time limit has been changed...

2ndly we can only pray as i am prayin from past 4 months i live all alone in pak my family lives in uk too so u can understand my situation & i have studied from uk too.. Embassy doesnt care about anyones circumstances they r going to take their time... The 1st thing to pray is your wife gets the visa 3rdly u must have sent your wifes preganancy report along too so i hope that will help to get quick answer. i have seen some ppl getting their responses within 10 weeks so i wish u best of luck and inshallah u will hear a good news soon :)

thank you so much for the lovely support... i can totally understand how ur feeling, and awful length of time has elapsed since u made ur application 4 months is unacceptable i hope yours and brother snipered's patience will be paid off by allah.

yeah just realised its changed to 3 months, but really dont want to go through the hassle of child been born there it happened to my brother and his daughter was in pakistan without parents and parents were here with out their daughter its horrible, takes several visits there and back.

insha allah you will hear very soon... eid mubarak in advance

sensazn -
My wife is 7 months pregnant and her sattlement visa was rejected in July. I lodged an appeal and Allah knows how long it is going to take but most likely after the birth of my child.
I seen in previous posts that if the sponsor is British then the child will be born British by decend regardless of the location of birth he/she will be British - and all you have to do is apply for a British passport for your child and no need to apply for a visa for the child. But you said that your brother went through applying for the baby too - I dont think it is necessary.
Does any one have experience or information in this regard because I am confused too after reading your post.
May Allah SWT make it easy for you and all of us

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:49 pm

Question:

All help is appreciated.
They will accept the printed version, i downloaded the VAF4 and printed it in black and white , they didnt have no problem with it at all

TANVIR786
Newly Registered

Post by TANVIR786 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:55 pm

zeddy zed wrote:

Question:

All help is appreciated.
They will accept the printed version, i downloaded the VAF4 and printed it in black and white , they didnt have no problem with it at all
Thanks.

Another question. Do my copies of original documents (bank statements, house deed, housing inspection report etc) need to be attested or not???

corrado

Post by corrado » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:10 pm

TANVIR786 wrote:
zeddy zed wrote:

Question:

All help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Another question. Do my copies of original documents (bank statements, house deed, housing inspection report etc) need to be attested or not???
If you are the sponsor: All your documents should be orginals except for your passport. So if you are handing in for example, your orginal bank statements plus copies then the copies don't need to be certified. Same applies for anything your handing in which is an original document.

You do however, require a certified copy of your passport as you won't be handing in your passport.

corrado

Post by corrado » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:12 pm

asmajafar wrote:Hey Tweety,

Thank you for your support. How shall i complain about whats happen to me?

Thanks

Asma
Please see my original reply.

The decision has probably been made so it won't affect it and is treated in the strictest of confidence. Plus if you report what's happened they may inform you of the decision.

newbie21

Post by newbie21 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:49 pm

[quote="genious"]Salaamz ,

i am going to apply for my dependent wife soon, inshallah.

i have 2 questions.

1). i am on work permit, does my wife needs to pass english test after 29 September 2010.
2).can some one please PM/send me sample sponsorship letter.

i'll appreciate that.

english tests start on 29th november
[/u]

newbie21

Post by newbie21 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:51 pm

''''quote="genious"]Salaamz ,

i have 2 questions.

1). i am on work permit, does my wife needs to pass english test after 29 September 2010.

i'll appreciate that.'''''

[/u][/quote]

sensazn

Post by sensazn » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:04 pm

z4ydi wrote:
sensazn wrote:

sensazn - [/b] My wife is 7 months pregnant and her sattlement visa was rejected in July. I lodged an appeal and Allah knows how long it is going to take but most likely after the birth of my child.
I seen in previous posts that if the sponsor is British then the child will be born British by decend regardless of the location of birth he/she will be British - and all you have to do is apply for a British passport for your child and no need to apply for a visa for the child. But you said that your brother went through applying for the baby too - I dont think it is necessary.
Does any one have experience or information in this regard because I am confused too after reading your post.

brother everyone seems to be confused about this, let me try and clear this a little for you.... your baby born abroad will get automatic british citizenship only if the father is a nationality holder....like our parents came here and had to be naturalised and had to apply for a nationality...like they say it only gets passed on to one generation, and this explains that the second generation doesnt have a nationality.

for example let say ur wife was british and u came from abroad and applied for citizenship after 2 years and received a nationality and then if your child was born abroad then your child would get auto british visa.

Brother why did your visa get rejected what were the reasons

sensazn

Post by sensazn » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:07 pm

newbie21 wrote:''''quote="genious"]Salaamz ,

i have 2 questions.

i'll appreciate that.'''''

the english test applies to settlement visa and for spouses... not sure what the process is for dependant visa
[/u]
[/quote]

TANVIR786
Newly Registered

Post by TANVIR786 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:14 pm

corrado wrote:
TANVIR786 wrote:
zeddy zed wrote:

Question:

All help is appreciated.
Thanks.

If you are the sponsor: All your documents should be orginals except for your passport. So if you are handing in for example, your orginal bank statements plus copies then the copies don't need to be certified. Same applies for anything your handing in which is an original document.

You do however, require a certified copy of your passport as you won't be handing in your passport.
Hi,

As the sponsor do I need to fill out the sponsorship undertaking form???

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:29 pm

sensazn wrote:
z4ydi wrote:
sensazn wrote:

sensazn - [/b] My wife is 7 months pregnant and her sattlement visa was rejected in July. I lodged an appeal and Allah knows how long it is going to take but most likely after the birth of my child.

brother everyone seems to be confused about this, let me try and clear this a little for you.... your baby born abroad will get automatic british citizenship only if the father is a nationality holder....like our parents came here and had to be naturalised and had to apply for a nationality...like they say it only gets passed on to one generation, and this explains that the second generation doesnt have a nationality.

for example let say ur wife was british and u came from abroad and applied for citizenship after 2 years and received a nationality and then if your child was born abroad then your child would get auto british visa.

Brother why did your visa get rejected what were the reasons
In my case I came to this contry and went through naturalization process and became British Citizen, so does that mean if my child is born abroad then he/she will be auto British? if so, how do I apply for a passport for the child? here from the UK or from Pakistan, If from Pakistan then who will sign the counter signature part of the passport form? .
They refused me based on the fact that they were not convinced that my previous marriage was over. though I had a proper official divorce cert - shocked my solicitor too, we have now submitted supporting docs hoping that with the well of Allah SWT it will happen inshallah.

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:55 pm

Hey corrado

i have reported it as you advised. they said to me they will find out where my husband passport is for me and when it got to gerrys. they didnt tell me the decison of the visa and i didnt really want to ask either because i didnt want them thinking i only emailed them cuz i wanted to know about the visa.

sensazn

Post by sensazn » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:58 pm

z4ydi wrote:

brother your sorted you can pass your citizenship on to your child, as ki have never been involved in this matter before i would suggest you ring the home office and get advice from them

if any one is confused about child born abroad read this quote:

Children Born Abroad to British Citizens
The rules on whether a child born abroad to parents who are British citizens are complex. Whether such a child will be entitled to citizenship will depend on when the child was born and the type of citizenship that the parents have. In cases where the child’s parents acquired citizenship as a result of their own parents’ citizenship, rather than in their own right, they may not be able to pass their citizenship on to a child born outside of the UK.

sensazn

Post by sensazn » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:06 pm

sensazn wrote:z4ydi wrote:

brother your sorted you can pass your citizenship on to your child, as i have never been involved in this matter before i would suggest you ring the home office and get advice from them

if any one is confused about child born abroad read this quote:

Children Born Abroad to British Citizens
The rules on whether a child born abroad to parents who are British citizens are complex. Whether such a child will be entitled to citizenship will depend on when the child was born and the type of citizenship that the parents have. In cases where the child’s parents acquired citizenship as a result of their own parents’ citizenship, rather than in their own right, they may not be able to pass their citizenship on to a child born outside of the UK.

ring this number 0300 222 0000

snipered

Post by snipered » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:37 pm

Firstly, our status has changed to Come collect passport. Inshallah, everything is fine as it said in the email. Please do dua. My wife is going tomorrow.

Secondy - sensazn, - in your case i would contact your MP and raise this as a serious issue. Ask them to ring or email to help speed up the process. Just make sure that the person on the other end understands and is sympethetic. Just make sure that action is taken and the person just doesnt fob you off with, oh it hasnt been 12 weeks etc. This is a must for you. Straight away tomorrow morning.

I'm thinking whether or not you should email the home office in Croydon...im not too sure on this......

All our duas are with you friend.
Applied in Islamabad - 13 May 2010
Status changed to forward to BHC - 13 May 2010
Status changed to under process - 26 May 2010
Employer contacted - 26 July 2010
Passport Recieved with Visa - 8 Sept 2010

corrado

Post by corrado » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:47 pm

TANVIR786 wrote:
corrado wrote:
TANVIR786 wrote:
zeddy zed wrote:
Thanks.

Hi,

As the sponsor do I need to fill out the sponsorship undertaking form???
For a spouse visa no, so if you have applied for your wife then no you do not need the Sponsorship Undetaking forn. However applications for all OTHER dependents require this form.

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:50 pm

hEY SNIPERED! Congrats! im so happy for you..how did u find out your status has changed?

corrado

Post by corrado » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:53 pm

asmajafar wrote:Hey corrado

i have reported it as you advised. they said to me they will find out where my husband passport is for me and when it got to gerrys. they didnt tell me the decison of the visa and i didnt really want to ask either because i didnt want them thinking i only emailed them cuz i wanted to know about the visa.
You did the right thing. Ask them for the decision if you want when they email again. The chances are the visa has been issued otherwise the hoaxer couldn't ask for cash because they can't change the decision and they could hardly ask for cash for a refusal if you understand what I'm getting at. All in my humble opinion.

Finally I make dua that Allah makes the wait easy and that you get a favourable decision. And the same for the rest of us who are waiting.

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:54 pm

Thanks Corrado for your support. inshallah we will all get good news.