ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) in-person applications only - PEO IT issues

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chathul

Post by chathul » Thu May 03, 2012 6:19 pm

Great news guys. Please read this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17943589

Hope this will be a wakeup call and clear the backlog soon.

timesofindia

Re: PEO Appointment cancellation

Post by timesofindia » Thu May 03, 2012 6:21 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17943589

Write to BBC about your case. I have written about my delay in postal applications as well, because this delay is not only for PEO but also affecting postal applications.
Last edited by timesofindia on Fri May 04, 2012 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is only one permanent thing in life and that is change !!!

Snaaz82
Newly Registered

Post by Snaaz82 » Thu May 03, 2012 9:31 pm

Hi Everyone I have some news!

This is my update from a few days ago -
1. Applied for ILR (SET(O))
2. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : August 2012
3. Number of applicants: 1
4. Home Office Location: Croydon
5. Date of Appointment attended: 25 April 2012
6. Reason given by case worker: Biometrics given, system down
7. If call received, date of call received:<awaiting>
8. Date Passport, Documents and letter of approval received: <awaiting>
9. Date (new) leave to remain valid from: <awaiting>
10. Date BRP received: <awaiting>

After applying on the 25th I was told to go home after giving my biometrics due to this ongoing system crash nonsense. But the whole waiting thing was killing me so I took a chance and went to the UKBA croydon office today.

I was expecting to be thrown out as I'd turned up without an appointment out of the blue but this is what happened next -

Gate Security - very nice people but couldn't let me in until I spoke to their manager. I told her that despite paying the premium fees I had not even been given my 20 minute consultation for documents on the day and if the croydon office could not deal with it could I have my application back to go to another PEO? Lady then spoke to the senior case worker who holds all teh files upstairs and send me to the 2nd floor.

2nd floor - I spoke to senior case worker who said there are 300 pending files from the 25th alone!!!!! and they're working their way through it and not giving out any more appointments. She was very nice and I convinced her to go hunting for my file to atleast review the documents and let me know that all was as required (because on the 25th after biometrics they'd literally just taken my file and given mea receipt)

File - She dug my file out and gave it to a case worker who went through the documents with me and all was fine. But she ended up issuing me with a ILR granted letter as since my biometrics had come back and all documents were in order there was no point holding it up.

So all in all the unexpected 80 mile out croydon trip worked for me. I'm glad I took the initiative and went and got very very very lucky!

I wouldn't advise a crowd of people to simply turn up at Croydon but if your case is urgent and if you're near Croydon make the trip.

So now my case is
7. If call received, date of call received: No
8. Date Passport, Documents and letter of approval received: 3 May 2012 after turning up without appointment at Croydon.

lizzier
Newly Registered

Post by lizzier » Thu May 03, 2012 9:48 pm

Congratulations Snaaz82! I guess since none of the people who had an appointment today could get through biometrics it would have been nice and quiet on the case worker floor... hopefully this means they got through a whole backlog of cases today...

and what of us left in the lurch?
Snaaz82 wrote:Hi Everyone I have some news!

This is my update from a few days ago -
7. If call received, date of call received:<awaiting>
8. Date Passport, Documents and letter of approval received: <awaiting>

After applying on the 25th I was told to go home after giving my biometrics due to this ongoing system crash nonsense. But the whole waiting thing was killing me so I took a chance and went to the UKBA croydon office today.

I was expecting to be thrown out as I'd turned up without an appointment out of the blue but this is what happened next -

Gate Security - very nice people but couldn't let me in until I spoke to their manager. I told her that despite paying the premium fees I had not even been given my 20 minute consultation for documents on the day and if the croydon office could not deal with it could I have my application back to go to another PEO? Lady then spoke to the senior case worker who holds all teh files upstairs and send me to the 2nd floor.

2nd floor - I spoke to senior case worker who said there are 300 pending files from the 25th alone!!!!! and they're working their way through it and not giving out any more appointments. She was very nice and I convinced her to go hunting for my file to atleast review the documents and let me know that all was as required (because on the 25th after biometrics they'd literally just taken my file and given mea receipt)

File - She dug my file out and gave it to a case worker who went through the documents with me and all was fine. But she ended up issuing me with a ILR granted letter as since my biometrics had come back and all documents were in order there was no point holding it up.

So all in all the unexpected 80 mile out croydon trip worked for me. I'm glad I took the initiative and went and got very very very lucky!

I wouldn't advise a crowd of people to simply turn up at Croydon but if your case is urgent and if you're near Croydon make the trip.

So now my case is
7. If call received, date of call received: No
8. Date Passport, Documents and letter of approval received: 3 May 2012 after turning up without appointment at Croydon.
Last edited by lizzier on Thu May 03, 2012 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lizzier
Newly Registered

Re: PEO Appointment cancellation

Post by lizzier » Thu May 03, 2012 9:51 pm

raolm they said afternoon appointments were cancelled for the next 3 weeks so I guess morning appointments are still up for grabs - but I guess they'll be well and truly gone now since a room full of people were left without appointments today.

hopefully they fix it by the time you have to go in.
raolm wrote:@lizzier, I can imagine what pain you are currently going through!!!

did they mention that all the appointment booked for next 3 weeks are cancelled? Because from the news it says the afternoon appointments for the next 3 weeks are cancelled.

I am lookign forward to go for this so called 'PEO' service at Croydon office on 11th may!!

Please throw some light if anyone is aware of this!!!
Thanks guys!!

That's great! Now I belive they will be dealing with our applications!) Thanks!

Read this
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/uk/y ... 11397.html

- Ish
Yes I'm one of the people unfortunate enough to have pleasure of turning up at Croydon at 8.30 this morning only to be told at 2.30 that all appointments have been cancelled - good bye , here's your money back, try your luck getting another appointment and given a lovely apology letter addressed to 'Dear blank'

I had very low expectations coming in today but this has surpassed all my pessimistic expectations. Visa expiring in 2 weeks, travel plans in June and with next to zero chance of getting another appointment. The least they could do was guarantee us another appointment but I've walked out of there with a receipt refund and not much else...

I'm at my wits end!!
Last edited by lizzier on Thu May 03, 2012 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Snaaz82
Newly Registered

Post by Snaaz82 » Thu May 03, 2012 9:52 pm

Hi Lizzier,

Believe me I feel for you, having spent a few sleepless nights myself!

You're absolutely right, it was very quiet not many people (and not many case workers at the windows either!)

As I said I just got very lucky. If there are 300 files pending froma ny given day its a long wait. They're estimating 3 weeks worth delay. But on the positive side if they're not taking any more cases then that's (slightly) good news.

Snaaz82
Newly Registered

Post by Snaaz82 » Fri May 04, 2012 2:18 pm

Thanks mjmani.

I keep pinching myself... doesn't feel real!

As I said before if you have the time go to the Croydon office as since they are working through the back-log anyway and not taking on anyone new you have a chance to have a face-to -face.

Good luck!

timesofindia

Post by timesofindia » Fri May 04, 2012 2:26 pm

UKBA News

At last UKBA has accepted that there is problem with the systems.
They will contacting people affected by disruption and probably working extended hours.

What about postal applications !!!!
There is only one permanent thing in life and that is change !!!

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Fri May 04, 2012 3:07 pm

timesofindia wrote:UKBA News

They will contacting people affected by disruption and probably working extended hours.

I was one of the person affected yesterday but since we were all given the refund, I do not think all of us from yesterdays' batch count towards their 1000 applicant figure and do not think will get any call from them, as for me they have not retained any document, so they do not have any contact number other than the one from the online account.
I am not hopeful that I will get any call from UKBA.
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

chathul

Post by chathul » Fri May 04, 2012 5:00 pm

Congrats. Thank you so much for updating everyone. You must be relieved now.

lizzier
Newly Registered

Post by lizzier » Fri May 04, 2012 5:24 pm

nnj10 don't give up keep trying the online appointments I was able to get one for next week. A few slots opened up after midnight (none that were good or me) and one for next week came up today around lunch time.
nnj10 wrote:

I was one of the person affected yesterday but since we were all given the refund, I do not think all of us from yesterdays' batch count towards their 1000 applicant figure and do not think will get any call from them, as for me they have not retained any document, so they do not have any contact number other than the one from the online account.
I am not hopeful that I will get any call from UKBA.

chathul

Post by chathul » Sat May 05, 2012 10:31 am

Hi Guys

HO rang me now and said my application approved can collect my passport on Tuesday. Over the moon... Soooooooooooo happy. Did not expect a call from them today in million years. I am sure they are working hard to get the backlog clear. Will update the thread once I collect the passport on Tuesday.

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear from HO!

Virtuose
Newly Registered

Post by Virtuose » Sat May 05, 2012 2:39 pm

chathul wrote:Hi Guys

HO rang me now and said my application approved can collect my passport on Tuesday. Over the moon... Soooooooooooo happy. Did not expect a call from them today in million years. I am sure they are working hard to get the backlog clear. Will update the thread once I collect the passport on Tuesday.

Congrats! Can't believe u got a call from HO on Sat morning!) Seems they r working hard now.....

Virtuose
Newly Registered

Post by Virtuose » Sat May 05, 2012 3:43 pm

chathul

Post by chathul » Sat May 05, 2012 3:51 pm

Virtuose wrote:
chathul wrote:Hi Guys

Congrats! Can't believe u got a call from HO on Sat morning!) Seems they r working hard now.....
I guess so. Coz he said I can come and collect tomorrow and sorry I mean Tuesday. Then I asked him why can't I collect it today and he said they are not open for public. I am still in shock. I am pretty sure you all hear from them next few days.

chathul

Post by chathul » Tue May 08, 2012 11:37 am

I went to Croydon this morning and collected my passport and a letter saying stating that BRP will be posted within 7 days.

Just to let you know that the document collection counter open from 9.00am to 4pm. If anyone still waiting to hear from HO might worth turning up at their office if you live close by. Documents returned counter on the ground floor where the tokens are issued.

Ish
Newly Registered

Post by Ish » Tue May 08, 2012 12:29 pm

chathul wrote:I went to Croydon this morning and collected my passport and a letter saying stating that BRP will be posted within 7 days.

Just to let you know that the document collection counter open from 9.00am to 4pm. If anyone still waiting to hear from HO might worth turning up at their office if you live close by. Documents returned counter on the ground floor where the tokens are issued.

Chathul, Congrats!!

I have applied on same day as yours (25/04) and still not heard anything from HO. Will they allow us without an appointment? Just want to give a try to talk to them about the status of the application.

chathul

Post by chathul » Tue May 08, 2012 1:03 pm

Ish wrote:
chathul wrote:I went to Croydon this morning and collected my passport and a letter saying stating that BRP will be posted within 7 days.

Chathul, Congrats!!

I have applied on same day as yours (25/04) and still not heard anything from HO. Will they allow us without an appointment? Just want to give a try to talk to them about the status of the application.

Hi Ish

If you have free time, I suggest you to go to Croydon ask them. There were lots of files behind the collection counter and I am sure they wouldn't mind. In fact the office seems to be running smoothly this morning. No long queues for security or down stairs where they issue tokens. Good luck!

Ish
Newly Registered

Post by Ish » Tue May 08, 2012 1:07 pm

chathul wrote:
Ish wrote:

Chathul, Congrats!!

Hi Ish

If you have free time, I suggest you to go to Croydon ask them. There were lots of files behind the collection counter and I am sure they wouldn't mind. In fact the office seems to be running smoothly this morning. No long queues for security or down stairs where they issue tokens. Good luck!

Thanks, Will give a try tomorrow.

lizzier
Newly Registered

Post by lizzier » Tue May 08, 2012 1:12 pm

Some good news! After being victim to the debacle at Croydon last Thursday I managed to re-book an appointment for this morning...

Went through security at about 8.15 for my 8.45 appointment. Biometrics were done by 9.30 and received all my documents and approval letter before 11am this morning! I expect my card will be ready in 3-5 working days. Now if only it ran this smoothly every time then it would almost be worth the exorbitant fee they charge for premier service!

Good luck to everyone waiting - hopefully my good news will ease some of your worries. PHEW!
lizzier wrote:
Ish wrote:
Virtuose wrote:
lizzier wrote:Some news - they've cancelled afternoon appointments for the next 3 weeks...

Read this

- Ish
Yes I'm one of the people unfortunate enough to have pleasure of turning up at Croydon at 8.30 this morning only to be told at 2.30 that all appointments have been cancelled - good bye , here's your money back, try your luck getting another appointment and given a lovely apology letter addressed to 'Dear blank'

I had very low expectations coming in today but this has surpassed all my pessimistic expectations. Visa expiring in 2 weeks, travel plans in June and with next to zero chance of getting another appointment. The least they could do was guarantee us another appointment but I've walked out of there with a receipt refund and not much else...

I'm at my wits end!!

chathul

Post by chathul » Tue May 08, 2012 1:31 pm

lizzier wrote:Some good news! After being victim to the debacle at Croydon last Thursday I managed to re-book an appointment for this morning...

Went through security at about 8.15 for my 8.45 appointment. Biometrics were done by 9.30 and received all my documents and approval letter before 11am this morning! I expect my card will be ready in 3-5 working days. Now if only it ran this smoothly every time then it would almost be worth the exorbitant fee they charge for premier service!

Good luck to everyone waiting - hopefully my good news will ease some of your worries. PHEW!
lizzier wrote:
Ish wrote:
Virtuose wrote:

Read this

- Ish

I'm at my wits end!!
Congratulation Lizzier! Hope they will process all the deferred applications soon.

lizzier
Newly Registered

Post by lizzier » Tue May 08, 2012 2:19 pm

chathul wrote:
lizzier wrote:Some good news! After being victim to the debacle at Croydon last Thursday I managed to re-book an appointment for this morning...

lizzier wrote:

I'm at my wits end!!
Congratulation Lizzier! Hope they will process all the deferred applications soon.
thanks Chathul I hope so too!

sivakkumarkr
Newly Registered

Croydon PEO 11:00

Post by sivakkumarkr » Tue May 08, 2012 7:21 pm

Dear All,
This is a great forum to share the PEO appointment experience. Here is my details:
1. Current vignette: Tier 1 (General) Extension
2. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : July 2012
5. Time of appointment: 11:00 am
6. Date of Appointment attended: 08th May 2012
7. Reason given by case worker: Biometric results pending.
8. If call received, date of call received:<awaiting>
9. Date Passport, Documents and letter of approval received: <awaiting>
10. Date (new) leave to remain valid from: <awaiting>
11. Date BRP received: <awaiting>

Hopefully I will hear from them soon. All the best and prayers for the other members who are waiting for the call.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks
Sivakkumar K R

wirapundi
Newly Registered

Post by wirapundi » Wed May 09, 2012 4:19 pm

1. Current vignette: Tier 1 (General) Extension
2. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : June 2012
5. Time of appointment: 8:00 am
6. Date of Appointment attended: 3rd May 2012
7. Reason given by case worker: Biometric results pending.
8. If call received, date of call received: 4th May 2012
9. Date Passport, Documents and letter of approval received: <awaiting>
10. Date (new) leave to remain valid from: <awaiting>
11. Date BRP received: <awaiting>

I was down in Corydon last Thursday... I had one of the first appointments of the day, so I had given my biometrics before they announced there was any problems (I must have been one of only a few). So my case had been passed on to a caseworker who took photo copies of all my documents and said they just needed to wait for the biometrics to come through. Obviously this didn’t happen, so they sent me away with an appointment to come back for another biometrics appointment (they didn’t give me a refund like everyone else, and it was only an appointment for the biometrics). But I received a phone voice message the next day to say I was no longer required to come in for the biometrics appointment as they had been found on the system, and that I would hear from a caseworker in due course. I haven’t heard anything further as yet, so it probably would have been worth it to go back when my biometrics appointment had been scheduled.... Although I think it will be fine. There seems to be some accountability in their process at the moment (for now at least). Amazing what a bit of negative political media will do.

Ish
Newly Registered

Post by Ish » Thu May 10, 2012 11:13 am

Any news/update from anyone?
Have you guys heard anything from HO?

-Ish