ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Licence for small company

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:02 pm

Just wondering if anyone can post any details of successful applications for Sponsor Registration and CoS (unrestricted or restricted).

These delays are very worrying. Also have been reading here in the forums saying that if you don't get the CoS on time to send the Tier 2 visa application anyway and ask them to hold on to the application till the CoS is issues - as it's a delay on their part. How accurate is this? could this be done? If the current visa expires, and you send the application to UKBA, and they refuse it on the basis that there is no CoS. I also heard that they stamp "Refused" on the passport if the CoS doesnt come through.

Any insight on this?

Shamino

Post by Shamino » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:49 pm

Hi all

Thought I'll give everyone an update

My employer applied for their sponsorship licence at the end of July 2012

I was previously on a Tier 5 visa and they requested urgent treatment

Today I checked the Registered Sponsors list

My company has been added in less than a month

hope this helps those applying for urgent treatment

Cheers

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:16 am

hi hashmil,

As per know knowledge you can apply for Tier2 visa application if you valid cos and its your sponsor responsibility to give enough time when they apply for it because of delays at ukba for whtever reasons that is what i understand from there guidlines and information on ukba website ... as if u send application to ukba without cos they will treat it as uncomplete application and most likely it will be refusal that is what my understanding but i wil say check the ukba website and you will definately get the proper information about it ............ and there r people here who have more information abt this and i m sure someone will put light on this and will help you

good luck

rehan01
Diamond Member

Small Company ... Sponsorship License

Post by rehan01 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:41 am

Hi Guys,

Good Morning Everyone (Sorry for the long Story but have to put all the information to get the helpful replies)

i need some help and urgent advise, i am on psw and want to switch to tier 2 general category as i have a job and i fulfil all the salary and other requirement from my side (only if i get COS from my employer), As i recently started working for my new employer (because of better salary then what i was getting paid for doing same job and also fulfilling the requirements to become eligible to switch to tier 2 only if my employer get sponsorship licence which doesn’t look like they will) and it’s a very small limited company with only (3 total number of staff including director / owner of the company).
when i applied for the job i explain my situation to them about switching from psw to tier 2 general and they agreed he will apply for sponsorship licence as they don’t have to go through (labour market test) but here the problem comes as they have gone through the requirements about the sponsorship duties, responsibilities, sponsor HR system and compliance system and roles to allocate (Key Personnel, authorising officer, key contact, level 1 user, level 2 users, representatives)

As i am working for them and they are 2 bosses so 3 people including me (fresh new start of business have I have done everything I could for them to get them everything up and running and sorting the licence they need from council and operating organization they come under ) and after them going through the requirements and the process they have to go through they told me they are not interested in applying for sponsorship because they think it won’t be successful and it will leave bad mark on their company and its just too much to deal with only limited number of staff. (eg no proper HR system in place as everything is verbal or via email that do this and that and start this time and finish this time etc) but there are possibility of increasing number of staff and expanding of business but it will at least take 2 years minimum.

As they took this decision and i am kind of stuck and i don’t know what to do and it’s almost impossible to get another job in that short period of time and it will give me opportunity to go to new employer and apply for sponsorship through them to switch from psw to tier 2.

please guys does anyone have any advice regarding this, how can i convince them that it will not affect there company reputation if they don’t get sponsorship registration? Or what you guys think if they apply for sponsorship is there any chance that they will get register in sponsorship register and able to provide me with COS?

Please guys advise as i am stranded and stressed urgent responses and solution and advise needed regarding this please help.

Many Thanks in advance

Rehan

UKkumar
BANNED

Post by UKkumar » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:05 pm

Dear All

After watching yesterdays new of Metropolitan University licence revoke, I am angry about the UKBA’s action.
I called this morning to Tier2 sponsor licence help desk. It got some satisfactory answer that finally they found my application on the system. He said it is not completed but it is in progress. But at beginning of my conversation he mentioned that we are dealing with end of March application.
It seems they are wrong because we applied on end of April.

So I advice do not listen general answer from them but ask to track your application number (Starting with SPL) on their system.

Does any one know how long it takes to complete the application once the process is started?

UKkumar

UKkumar
BANNED

Post by UKkumar » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:52 pm

Hi Mimi Any update on your side, My application is in process at the moment they found in the system.
Cheers
UKkumar

UKkumar
BANNED

No Phone call from Today to sponsor licence unit

Post by UKkumar » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:19 pm

From today we can not call sponsor licence unit to know sponsor licence application status. Our sponsor have to sent email to know application status.

Another nightmare is my sponsor change company name recently and i don't know what will happen to sponsor licence application.

Do i will have further delay if sponsor inform or send additional document for company name change ?

Uk Kumar

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:19 pm

Hi UkKumar

when did you sponsor applied for the license?

regards
Rehan

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: No Phone call from Today to sponsor licence unit

Post by makky86 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:05 pm

UKkumar wrote:From today we can not call sponsor licence unit to know sponsor licence application status. Our sponsor have to sent email to know application status.

Another nightmare is my sponsor change company name recently and i don't know what will happen to sponsor licence application.

Do i will have further delay if sponsor inform or send additional document for company name change ?

Uk Kumar

Why can you not call Sponsor License Unit to know Application status >???

mimi3
Newly Registered

Post by mimi3 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:54 pm

UKkumar, no, unfortunately there is no new news to report here. My people still haven't heard anything as of yesterday. And now you're saying the UKBA is no longer providing status updates for the sponsor license? Does it depend on who you speak with? The first person I'd called months ago was willing to look up my company for me. But the person I spoke with recently said that she couldn't give me specific information unless my name was listed as one of the people in charge of the application.

Interestingly enough, my company changed names, too, in the middle of the Sponsor License application. I had the same concerns as you do that it would complicate things. I still don't have concrete answers, but the people I spoke with (my company, as well as our immigration law firm) seemed to think that as long as it was a mere name change for branding sake, and the company is still operating as the same registered legal business entity in the UK, it shouldn't be a problem. If you find out any more information about that, though, please share.

UKkumar
BANNED

Post by UKkumar » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:52 pm

Last edited by UKkumar on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

UKkumar
BANNED

Post by UKkumar » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:15 pm

Last edited by UKkumar on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

mimi3
Newly Registered

Post by mimi3 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:00 pm

UKKumar - where did you find this information about the urgent case for the expiring RLMT? I can't seem to find more information about it, and my immigration agent didn't know anything about it. It's a new rule?

abj
Newly Registered

Any update? My company sent an application in June

Post by abj » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:07 am

Hi,
My company sent an application for sponsorship licence in june, any idea when are they expected to receive the licence?
Also can a candidate directly request the status from the home office?
thanks,

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Any update? My company sent an application in June

Post by makky86 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:45 am

abj wrote:Hi,
My company sent an application for sponsorship licence in june, any idea when are they expected to receive the licence?
thanks,
They are taking forever.Average is 4-5 months.

Mancala Hour

Post by Mancala Hour » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:15 am

muhdkhokhar wrote:
thanks,
My company has been waiting for 4 months now. And the UKBA is just going over applications from the first week of April, according to my last update -- has this changed, does anyone know? Since we applied mid-May, I'd imagine we're still several months away. Maybe 6-7 months total wait? A pretty big change from the 4 weeks they quote on their web site.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:19 am

Mancala Hour wrote:
muhdkhokhar wrote:
thanks,
My company has been waiting for 4 months now. And the UKBA is just going over applications from the first week of April, according to my last update -- has this changed, does anyone know? Since we applied mid-May, I'd imagine we're still several months away. Maybe 6-7 months total wait? A pretty big change from the 4 weeks they quote on their web site.
They are lazy bums.

They are doing it on purpose to discourage employers from applying.

It took my company around 6 months when they applied first time for ICT. Again they are horrible.

We should raise petition against it.

UKkumar
BANNED

Post by UKkumar » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:57 pm

Hi muhdkhokhar,

You are absolutely right we have to raise petition against it.
I am with you.
But it is matter of employer and they are not keen to hire us. So we can not do more about it rather then waiting.

Today it is more then 5 month my employer applied but no any news yet.
No any answer of our email as well.

So they are deliberately doing this waiting game. so we go out of UK or loose our intrest in UK.

If they do not have staff why they charge a lot they have to reduce fees based on the service they provide.

all the best to all.

Ukkumar

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:35 pm

UKkumar wrote:Hi muhdkhokhar,

I am with you.
But it is matter of employer and they are not keen to hire us. So we can not do more about it rather then waiting.

So they are deliberately doing this waiting game. so we go out of UK or loose our intrest in UK.

If they do not have staff why they charge a lot they have to reduce fees based on the service they provide.

all the best to all.

Ukkumar

Yeah.... Its politics. Shame on them. Seriously.

Is your company first time ?

Do you have any update what month of application they are processing at the moment ?

Mancala Hour

Post by Mancala Hour » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:39 pm

I am with you.

all the best to all.

Ukkumar
I'm not sure they're doing it on purpose... Their website says that 65% of sponsorship licenses go through in 4 weeks (I found something cached that said it was an average of 4-6 weeks). I think that's probably customary. My guess is that we've just run into an Olympic problem. Think of all the visas they had to process for athletes and their families and supporters coming into London. Now they're way behind with everything else. And you're right that they don't care too much about being behind and causing problems; if some people have to leave the country because of it, that's more than fine with them. But unless they invest some resources into this, they will always be behind and will never catch up. Wait times will permanently run 6-8 months. Boo to them.

Please keep us updated, Ukkumar. I'm using you as my benchmark (we applied mid-May).

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:58 pm

Mancala Hour wrote:

I am with you.

all the best to all.

Ukkumar
I'm not sure they're doing it on purpose... Their website says that 65% of sponsorship licenses go through in 4 weeks (I found something cached that said it was an average of 4-6 weeks). I think that's probably customary. My guess is that we've just run into an Olympic problem. Think of all the visas they had to process for athletes and their families and supporters coming into London. Now they're way behind with everything else. And you're right that they don't care too much about being behind and causing problems; if some people have to leave the country because of it, that's more than fine with them. But unless they invest some resources into this, they will always be behind and will never catch up. Wait times will permanently run 6-8 months. Boo to them.

Please keep us updated, Ukkumar. I'm using you as my benchmark (we applied mid-May).

^ Let us know once you are granted License.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:03 pm

Well I can understand how frustrating is that and we all can just hope that they will speed up the process to catch up with the backlog if not than as a employee we cant do anything i guess .....

All the best to everyone and i hope you guys will get sponsorship sorted soon and my employer is still waiting for some paperwork and hopefully will be able to submit the sponsorship license application by end of this month i hope (Finger Crossed)

do keep us posted here guy it is very helpfull not just for me but for loads of other fellows tooo.

Regards

Rehan

WaitingontheUKBA

Post by WaitingontheUKBA » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:56 pm

Hi I know everyone's frustration. My company applied back in Mid-May and have not heard back from anyone. I wonder if or how the Olympics had anything to do with impacting the processing times. Any thoughts?

sha23

sponsor register

Post by sha23 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:48 am

WaitingontheUKBA wrote:Hi I know everyone's frustration. My company applied back in Mid-May and have not heard back from anyone. I wonder if or how the Olympics had anything to do with impacting the processing times. Any thoughts?
Something very interesting happened yesterday. The Sponsor Register has not been updated for 20th Sep2012. unless its a holiday its rarely happened before that for a working day the register has not been updated. i really wonder what the ukba is upto...

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: sponsor register

Post by makky86 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:44 pm

sha23 wrote:
WaitingontheUKBA wrote:Hi I know everyone's frustration. My company applied back in Mid-May and have not heard back from anyone. I wonder if or how the Olympics had anything to do with impacting the processing times. Any thoughts?
Something very interesting happened yesterday. The Sponsor Register has not been updated for 20th Sep2012. unless its a holiday its rarely happened before that for a working day the register has not been updated. i really wonder what the ukba is upto...
I think they are picking up the speed I see at least 10-15 companies getting license every other day.