ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP, 1+3+1 EXTENSIONS

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

1+3+1
Newly Registered

Post by 1+3+1 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:37 pm

Hi

I am 1+3+1 problem.

Is any one who has just applied after completion of 3 years and got approval for next 1 year to complete 5 years without the requirement of 75 points.

There is a logic that when we had awarded HSMP it was 4 years time to be completed and not 5 years. If it was 5 years then they should had extended our visa for 4 years instead of 3 years as they did for some later candidates.

If we could not reach upto to 75 points then ............

Awaiting comments pls.

Thanks.
1+3+1

ATBPLC

Post by ATBPLC » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:48 pm

Ajani,
Hi, your name looks like that of a Nigerian. Are you meeting the 75%? or you are going under the transitional arrangement viz: WP, OR SELF-EMPLOYMENT OR EARNINGS FROM ABROAD. Please share with us.

Honestly, I dont know why the HO believes that those in 1+3+1 group sgould pass through this stress. I think after 4 years it will be infair to go into WP.

Even the WP issue is not clear as an application has been rejected based on it.

What is this issue about earnings from abroad? Has it got anything to do with retail busines or other businesses that one is engaged with overseas?

Please this group has to be active please, given the fact that our case is the most parthetic of all cases arising from the retrospective stand of HO

1+3+1
Newly Registered

Post by 1+3+1 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:03 pm

Hi

I am not from Nigeria and earning is not engough to meet 75 points.
Also my company will not arrange WP for me and they can find many others who are UK resident and easily available. Also if heard that if you go to WP from HSMP then your time will re-start and you have to again complete 5 years to get Indefinite.

This is a biggest stress that other people got 1+4 years extension to reach upto 5 years and we got only 1+3. Now if they will ask for 75 point then its totally unfair.

We have moved here for permanent settlement after leaving old jobs. Paying taxes the day one and instead they put us in this big 75 points truble.

1+3+1

ajani

Post by ajani » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:25 pm

1+3+1,

The question regarding nationality was directed to ajani and not to you.
ATBPLC, the question whether i am nigerian or not is not relevant now.
I will be applying under the transitional arrangement for self employed.
I have posted nore details under threads relating to self employment.
Please check the threads and you will get the details.
I will however keep you posted.

1+3+1
Newly Registered

Post by 1+3+1 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:23 pm

Hi

Today I have just been informed by HO that those who has 1+3, they should fulfil 75 points to get final 1 year extension. No waiver to us at all.

Waiting if they are changing the rules in next 2 -3 months because this is total unfair with us.

1+3+1

LondonBlonde

Post by LondonBlonde » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:54 pm

ATBPLC wrote:We need to know if there are people in 1+3+1 category that have applied for final 1 year extension and their results
There aren't many who will be up for 2nd FLR before this summer. I will apply this July for my last year under HSMP. At the time I was accepted, there were only 2000 HSMP people world-wide (spring of 2003). And of course some never made it here after being accepted.

The accepted numbers sort of exploded in fall of 2003, so these changes were timed perfectly to hit the vast majority of us.

sjgul

Post by sjgul » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:34 pm

1+3+1 wrote:Hi

Today I have just been informed by HO that those who has 1+3, they should fulfil 75 points to get final 1 year extension. No waiver to us at all.

1+3+1
:lol: , amazing u didn't knew it , anyway now the target is 150 runs in 10 overs at an average of 15 runs per over with only a single wicket in hand, so only no-balls and wide balls can help. :wink:
1+3+1 wrote: Waiting if they are changing the rules in next 2 -3 months because this is total unfair with us.
They may increase the number of points to 85 in next 2-3 months :lol:

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:25 pm

sjgul wrote:
1+3+1 wrote:
:lol: , amazing u didn't knew it , anyway now the target is 150 runs in 10 overs at an average of 15 runs per over with only a single wicket in hand, so only no-balls and wide balls can help. :wink:
haha, i love the response

i'm a little worried being an Aussie, that the Ashes thrashing may dictate my HSMP extension outcome

AC77
Newly Registered

Post by AC77 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:06 pm

Resetting of the clock,

I think somebody has written in this thread, that if one happens to move from HSMP (after 1+3 years) to work permit, he has to again complete next five years on WP before he can apply for ILR. I hope that's not true.

I remember reading that total time (either WP or HSMP or any combination) has to be five years.

please confirm.......

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:12 pm

having read statements on another forum, where the majority of people seem to be OISC immigration consultants - unlike this forum which seems to be 100% HSMP applicants...

if you go from HSMP to WP due to not meeting HSMP extension criteria...the clock IS reset. This is a new thing from Home Office - and very nasty. I would have thought that HSMP and/or WP for 5 years = ILR...as per old requirements..but unfortunately i am not the immigration minister.

Forum, cause i know thats your next question, is: http://www.ukresident.com/forums/index.php?

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:15 pm

I'm not sure of the exact details, however if you look at the SET(O) form I think I'm right in saying the wording is different for to those who have moved from HSMP to a WP to the wording for those who have done the opposite.
________
BALL BEARING (LEXUS) HISTORY
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:23 pm

Here are the sections of the SET(O) form.

If you are applying as a work permit holder,and have completed,or nearly completed,5 years?
leave in this category, recent document(s) from the employer named in your current work permit
confirming that you are still needed and that your employment with them is continuing.

vs.

If you are applying under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP),and have completed,or
nearly completed,5 years? leave in this category or other appropriate categories, document(s)
showing your economic activity and your personal earnings during your stay in the UK,if you are
employed. If you are self-employed,you should provide evidence of the progress of the business. You
may have been given leave to enter or remain in other categories leading to settlement before being
granted permission to stay under HSMP. If you would like this stay to be considered in connection with
your application for indefinite leave to remain,you should provide details of the categories involved
and the periods spent in each of these categories.

This seems to imply that if apply as a work permit holder leave cannot be combined.
________
VAPIR NO2
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AC77
Newly Registered

Post by AC77 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:18 pm

thanks for your replies,

well, i just manage to make up 75 points as of now, but don't know what will be the situation in jan 2009, when I am up for the last 1 year FLR. (1+3+1)

and they say in the forms, this criteria is liable to change any time which means it could be tighter then (in jan 2009).

friends, i can be optimistic by hoping my salary will rise and enable me to gather additional 5 or 10 points, but even then it's still so discomforting because of this uncertainty and unpredictability.

and then for sure going on WP from HSMP after 4 years is not an option for me...that's really too much for anyone... 9 years..... phew....

hope i manage to sneak out to US or canada..........in some time. This total UK experience is turning bitter.....

ATBPLC

Post by ATBPLC » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:49 pm

Has anybody applied in the group of 1+3+1 for the last 1 year? Please lets share.

jhkuo
Newly Registered

1+3+1

Post by jhkuo » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:50 pm

I just submitted my renewal application for the last 1 year of my 1+3+1, haven't got any reply yet so nothing to report, fingers crossed.

baskey

Re: 1+3+1

Post by baskey » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:38 pm

jhkuo wrote:I just submitted my renewal application for the last 1 year of my 1+3+1, haven't got any reply yet so nothing to report, fingers crossed.
jhkuo,

Can we know, how many points you claimed?

Regards,

Baskey

jhkuo
Newly Registered

Post by jhkuo » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:55 pm

degree 35
income 45
uk experience 5
age 5

papers supplied

* bank statements
* payslips
* dividends vouchers
* original graduation certificates
* letter from university stating the language of tuition is English (Aussie uni)
* job contracts

It's still early days, fingers crossed.

ybyuan2001

Post by ybyuan2001 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:42 am

so,HSMP 4 years +WP 5 years,total is 9 years.Can you imagine that?How many 9 years in our life?they just try to suck our blood untill we all become like bloody creep in the end. They are just killing you without a knife.

jhkuo
Newly Registered

Post by jhkuo » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:44 am

That's assuming HO doesn't change the rules again at the end of the 9 years.

AC77
Newly Registered

Post by AC77 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:04 am

I found a thread related to this on a very unexpected site

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions ... p?t=515743

linux site...was looking for something else and stumbled upon this emailchain....

The tone of the language of the locals (English...British) on the forums or elsewhere about immigration is like getting unbelievable these days.
I can clearly make out the disgust, rather hatred among the white english for the immigrants expecially the "PAKI" looking ones.....

Had I known the facial problem of this country before, I would have never come here. Some of you might say ..."Then, get the hell out of here now " :) ... well we all make mistakes, and I hope I am able to correct this one sensibly ....

LondonBlonde

Post by LondonBlonde » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:37 am

AC77 wrote: Had I known the facial problem of this country before, I would have never come here. Some of you might say ..."Then, get the hell out of here now " :) ... well we all make mistakes, and I hope I am able to correct this one sensibly ....
AC77 - have a look at the rest of the site you found. These are just bored teanagers hoping to offend someone. I don't think they speak for the rest of Uk.

You are helping them by posting their dearly beloved comments.

LondonBlonde

ajani

Post by ajani » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:05 am

Hello Guys,

It appears that people applying under this group might be exempt from paying the application fees.

I applied under the Transitional arrangement for self-employed on 10th Jan, application received on 11th Jan and payment charged to my debit card same day.
I noticed that my account has now been credited with the application fees.

I received the acknowledgement of receipt of my application today, and i quote,

'Thank you for your application for a variation of leave to remain in UK'.

'we acknowledge receipt of your application and confirm that where applicable, payment has been processed and cleared'

I am a bit worried about the first paragraph, by 'variation of leave' does this mean if my application was successful then the clock will reset in similar manner to Work permit applicants?

I noticed that my reference number ended with ****001, i might be the guinea pig for these set of applicants :roll:

I am a bit confused about the payment bit, i have to call to clarify on Monday, before i spend this Christmas Bonus. :roll:

Thanks guys.

LondonBlonde

Post by LondonBlonde » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:33 am

ajani wrote: It appears that people applying under this group might be exempt from paying the application fees.
ajani - I'm really interrested in your case as this will be me in several months. Can you give us any more details - docs submited etc.?

Appologies if you have already done so.

LondonBlonde

ajani

Post by ajani » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:53 am

LondonBlonde,
I will be calling them on monday to clarify the payment and 'variation of leave issue'. only after this will i be very sure of these issues.

You will be kept informed of the outcome and list of documents submitted. But what do you personally think about this variation of leave?

LondonBlonde

Post by LondonBlonde » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:02 am

Ajani - try not to worry. I don't think they issue new numbers for rejection.

Also, they cannot reset your clock for transitional as you don't qualify for anything but HSMP at this point. HO is only resetting the clock for those who successfully move from HSMP to WP. WP is another visa type - HSMP transitional is not.

LondonBlonde