ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When to apply for Tier 2 general extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Re: When to apply for Tier 2 general extension

Post by ravisb_2014 » Sun May 31, 2015 12:06 pm

You only need to submit following documents for your extension as you are already on Tier 2.
1. Filled Application form.
2. Payment by credit card or debit card or PO or cheque.
3. Passports and BRP, if applicable.
4. NHS surcharge reference.
Cheers.
Maintenance and english ability will be covered as you were already in Tier 2.

msohaib25
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by msohaib25 » Sun May 31, 2015 5:26 pm

Hi Ravi,

Thansk for your reply and help much appreciated

It looks like very straight forward to be honest

If you can also guide me with regards to priority application process

Do i have to take any appointment or just need to post them and then biometric will be taken in post office after 10-12 days?

Regards,
Sobi

msohaib25
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by msohaib25 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:54 pm

Hi

I have got visa valid till 22 february 2016 and i am going for early extension

I have to advise my employer for the COS start date and end date, they are not very familar with the process

I really need three year extension in order to avail ILR so what should i put start/end date on COS ?

Should i put start date 23 february 2016 and end date 23 february 2019?

Any help would be great?

In order to apply through priority application option i need to submit a form and once they will approve it then i will send them my documents by post isn't it? in one of section they have asked for COS number, do i have to put new COS number?

Regards,
Sobi

msohaib25
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by msohaib25 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:28 pm

ravisb_2014 wrote:You only need to submit following documents for your extension as you are already on Tier 2.
1. Filled Application form.
2. Payment by credit card or debit card or PO or cheque.
3. Passports and BRP, if applicable.
4. NHS surcharge reference.
Cheers.
Maintenance and english ability will be covered as you were already in Tier 2.
Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your reply
Could you please asnwers few further question

Regards,
Sobi

raz.dcosta
Newly Registered

Re: Need help regarding Tier 2 General extension for IHS

Post by raz.dcosta » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:22 pm

Hi All,

I have completed my online Tier 2 General visa extension form along with my dependents but the form does not have any field to enter the Immigration Health Surcharge reference number. This is a online application form.
I have paid the required health surcharge online and have received the IHS number for me and my dependents.
Can someone please help me and let me know where should i mention my IHS number in the application before sending it to homeoffice by post along with the documents and passports?

This is a bit confusing as how homeoffice will get your IHS number if the online Tier 2 General visa extension form does not have a field to enter this number.
The PDF version does have but this application form is only for premium service customers and I am going for a standard service.
Please can someone reply as early as possible with the correct information as I cannot process my application until I know this.

Regards,
Raz

bholo

Post by bholo » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:09 pm

You can apply at any time. Few things to keep in mind

a- Apply for 2nd extension in b/w 2nd and 3rd year of your 1st Tier 2.

b- Make sure to get COS for three years so u can apply for ILR.

c- Ideally apply after 2.5 years of first tier 2 for another 3 years to have six month window margin to relaxingly meet ILR Requirement while still having tier 2 for six months.

msohaib25
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by msohaib25 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:17 pm

Hi Bholo,

Thanks for your reply

could you please also help me with start/end date for COS if i want to apply on 10th July 2015?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Sobi

mosi
Newly Registered

Post by mosi » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:31 am

Hi All.

I'm aware that in many places 'Manci' has mentioned that Tier 2 General Extension can be made anytime before the current leave to remain expires.

However I just want to clarify if the rule is still the same after the new immigration law that was issued recently which includes NHS surcharge. Also I would like to know if there is any one who recently applied for early extension and has been successful. If successful how early did you make your application.

Any help is much appreciated!

Kind Regards
Siva

abhilash.speed
Newly Registered

Post by abhilash.speed » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:59 am

Hello Everybody,

There is a lot of useful information on this forum. Thank You.

I have a question today.

My details:

Entered UK on Tier 4 Student Visa Sep 2011. Post Graduation MBA Feb 2013.

Switched from Tier 4 to Tier 2 General Visa in April 2013.

Switched employer and reapplied for Tier 2 general. Visa approved from 07-Apr-2014 until 14 April 2016.

My visa expires on 14 Apr 2016.

My current SOC Code is 2461. (Quality control engineer - Aerospace)

1. My current designation has changed to Project manager, does this mean i have to go through the Resident labour Market Test ?
2. Can you please tell me what is the SOC code i should you use for my application?
3. What should be my minimum salary based on answers to my questions above?
4. What would be the ideal time to make the application?

Thank you for your support.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:13 pm

abhilash.speed wrote:Hello Everybody,

There is a lot of useful information on this forum. Thank You.

I have a question today.

My details:

Entered UK on Tier 4 Student Visa Sep 2011. Post Graduation MBA Feb 2013.

Switched from Tier 4 to Tier 2 General Visa in April 2013.

Switched employer and reapplied for Tier 2 general. Visa approved from 07-Apr-2014 until 14 April 2016.

My visa expires on 14 Apr 2016.

My current SOC Code is 2461. (Quality control engineer - Aerospace)

1. My current designation has changed to Project manager, does this mean i have to go through the Resident labour Market Test ?
The job title is less important than the job description. If your core duties did not change then your SOC code remains the same and you don't have to make a change of employment application for which you would need a new CoS and your sponsor would need to carry out an RLMT (unless the job is a shortage occupation). Refer to the codes of practice:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... l_2015.pdf

2. Can you please tell me what is the SOC code i should you use for my application?
Refer to the codes of practice, link above. You don't choose your SOC code, the sponsor does, they are responsible for it vis-à-vis the Home Office

3. What should be my minimum salary based on answers to my questions above?
as per codes of practice, link above

4. What would be the ideal time to make the application?
If salary is an issue apply before 6 April 2016 as the minimum salaries are likely to go up. Otherwise you can apply any time but keep in mind that your new leave will start from the date of the decision, not from the expiry of your current leave.

Thank you for your support.

abhilash.speed
Newly Registered

Post by abhilash.speed » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:23 pm

Thank you manci. Your answers were very helpful. Much appreciated.

shknaveed
Newly Registered

Post by shknaveed » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:00 pm

Hi All.

I'm aware that in many places 'Manci' has mentioned that Tier 2 General Extension can be made anytime before the current leave to remain expires.

However I just want to clarify if the rule is still the same after the new immigration law that was issued recently which includes NHS surcharge. Also I would like to know if there is any one who recently applied for early extension and has been successful. If successful how early did you make your application.

Any help is much appreciated!

Kind Regards,

Naveed

shknaveed
Newly Registered

Post by shknaveed » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:24 pm

Hi Mancy,

In addition to my previous question, could you also please answer the following questions?

1. My existing tier 2 general visa is expiring by the end of April 2016, but I want to renew it now as have to do some foreign trips to see some clients in Europe, USA and china. So is this possible to renew it now?

2. I called UKBA about early extension and they said that I am eligible to apply only 28 days earlier than my actual visa expiry.

3. Should my company mention in the letter that the reason for early extension is business trips?

4. How long does UKBA normally take to renew visa when applying by post?

Your instant response will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Naveed

leoo2107
Newly Registered

Post by leoo2107 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:23 pm

Hi Everyone,

I hope someone can help me out. I'm in tier 2 general and my cos end date is 03/06/2016 (start date 02/06/2013). My visa 3 years visa ends on 17/6/2016.

I would like to go for early extension, is it advisable for me go in beginning or mid of March as I want to travel in April 15th(I would like to go for premium services)? I called homeoffice to clarify but I was told I can only apply before 28days whatsoever, but my HR was told before 3 months? Not sure who is correct.

- Am I allowed to go for 3 years extension or 2 years? (which will cover 6 years in total)
- can I ask my HR to provide my new cos from beginning of March or does it have to be from 03/06/2016? (my current HR haven't got a clue about visa and I don't want her to messup my cos)

Any advice will be great help, homeoffice have confused me big-time

Lakshmi

charlesnz
Newly Registered

Post by charlesnz » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:22 pm

Hello,

Manci has said a few times you can apply anytime as long as your visa is valid. Is there a link from home office confirming this, i would like to start my extension asap so i don't lose my passport later in the year but HR has advised the earliest i can apply is 3 months before expiry of current visa.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:06 am

not so, but for the extension you'll need a new CoS and it is up to the company to assign one to you. if you have a CoS you must apply within 3 months of its issue date.

charlesnz
Newly Registered

Post by charlesnz » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:03 pm

Hello,

Is there any explicit link to Home Office that states this so I could forward to my company? They are saying they can't issue the COS until 3 months before its expiry :(

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:01 pm

charlesnz wrote:Hello,

Is there any explicit link to Home Office that states this so I could forward to my company? They are saying they can't issue the COS until 3 months before its expiry :(
ask them to call the employer helpline 0300 123 4699. Or you can call the helpline yourself pretending that you are an employer (they don't ask names).

charlesnz
Newly Registered

Post by charlesnz » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:50 pm

Thanks Manci :)

ATKH1234
Newly Registered

Post by ATKH1234 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:16 pm

Hi Manci

I heard that if you leave it till last minute to renew your tier 2 visa, it will affect your settlement application in the future, I would like to ask how would it be affected? My visa expires on 12.08.2016 and I'm planning to apply for extension few days before it expires so that the new expiry date will not be a lot earlier. I'm planning to apply for settlement in future. I am aware that they have enforced a new rules: - anyone under £35k cannot apply for settlement after reaching the maximum period (6 years) on Tier 2.

Ive got my first tier 2 visa on 02.08.2013, therefore I can only get it until 02.08.2019 but I will be lawfully in the UK for 10 continuous years in September 2019. If I do not meet the salary threshold of £35k, can I still apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK in Aug 2019 when I only be in the UK for 9 years 11 months?

Any advise would ge much appreciated

rohit110
Newly Registered

Re: When to apply for Tier 2 general for cooling off

Post by rohit110 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:24 pm

Hi,

I first entered UK as Tier 2 (ICT _ PBS dependent) on 18th Feb2014. Later, I got job and switched VISA to Tier 2 General VISA from my home country valid till Dec’2017.

As the company who sponsored my VISA ramped down. I had to switch back to my husband’s Tier 2 (ICT _Long term dependent VISA) on 1st Aug2015.

I switched from my Tier 2 General VISA to Tier 2 (ICT _Long term dependent VISA) as spouse from UK only and didn’t leave UK.

Now, I have got a job offer and my client is ready to sponsor my Tier 2 General VISA.

Is Tier 2 General Cooling off period applicable to me as I didn’t leave UK or I can apply Tier 2 General VISA now from my home country?

Appreciate a quick response.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: When to apply for Tier 2 general for cooling off

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:15 pm

rohit110 wrote:Hi,

I first entered UK as Tier 2 (ICT _ PBS dependent) on 18th Feb2014. Later, I got job and switched VISA to Tier 2 General VISA from my home country valid till Dec’2017.

As the company who sponsored my VISA ramped down. I had to switch back to my husband’s Tier 2 (ICT _Long term dependent VISA) on 1st Aug2015.

I switched from my Tier 2 General VISA to Tier 2 (ICT _Long term dependent VISA) as spouse from UK only and didn’t leave UK.

Now, I have got a job offer and my client is ready to sponsor my Tier 2 General VISA.

Is Tier 2 General Cooling off period applicable to me as I didn’t leave UK Yes, you can apply only after August 2016, 12 months after being on a Tier 2 ICT Dep visa or I can apply Tier 2 General VISA now from my home country?

Appreciate a quick response.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jabz85
BANNED

Post by Jabz85 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:02 pm

I have submitted my postal application for extension which was received by homeoffice on 3rd March, I have not received any correspondence yet, when should I contact and how to Homeoffice to check the progress?

Jabz85
BANNED

Post by Jabz85 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:36 pm

Anyone please?

nisarmalik

Post by nisarmalik » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:07 pm

Hi jabz85
Wait for a while
Normally for postal appllication they say 8 week for whole process so first they will sent biometric enrolment letter in 2 to 3 week by normal post. So I hope they will send next week