ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport for new born baby in UK

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dhruva
Newly Registered

Re: Indian Passport for new born baby in UK

Post by Dhruva » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:55 am

Hi All,

I have to submit birth registration application form and supporting documents to Indian embassy-London
For this Do we have to book a appointment online or we can go to Office anytime during office hours and submit them or do they accept only in the Specific time only
Does anyone got the experience on this regard

Thanks & Regards
Dhruva

perfo
Newly Registered

Post by perfo » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:33 am

Hi,

I'm in a peculiar position due to a silly reason. I've lost the receipt given after submission on new born's birth registration application(in reality, the bag having the receipt was stolen).

Can anyone advise what documents are required for birth reg. doc collection. If I can't show the receipt, can I present birth certificate of newborn along with parent's ID proof. Have dropped an e-mail to HCI but not sure how early I'll get the response.

perfo
Newly Registered

Post by perfo » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:37 am

Dhruva wrote:Hi All,

I have to submit birth registration application form and supporting documents to Indian embassy-London
For this Do we have to book a appointment online or we can go to Office anytime during office hours and submit them or do they accept only in the Specific time only
Does anyone got the experience on this regard

Thanks & Regards
Dhruva

@Dhruva, you need to book the appointment online. I know that they allowed someone without prior appointment to submit their application while I was there but you may have to wait till everyone is finished(and if they are not in good mood, they will turn you back straightaway).

justanothername
Newly Registered

Post by justanothername » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:07 pm

Can someone tell me if I need to submit any address proof for applying my new borns passport?

evalucky1
Newly Registered

Post by evalucky1 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:32 pm

hi,
can someone please help me.
im planning to apply birth certificate to my son at birmingham consulate.
i filled the online form and trying to book an online appointment.

there are two links in the online appointment page. which service should i select in order to book appointment for birth registration?

Please Click Here to book your online appointment for submission of applications for consular services in person at the Consulate.Please

Click Here to visit VFS Website to schedule an appointment for Visa/Passport/Consular/OCI Services.

thanks

qwert
Newly Registered

Post by qwert » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:51 am

Hello all, Thanks for the valuable information regarding birth registration and passport for the new born. I got registration letter in the morning today from CGI Birmingham. I applied on 8th April, yes two days!

Here is what I did.
Booked an appointment online at CGI Birmingham, Documents as per the list given on the CGI website
http://cgibirmingham.org/page/display/89/20

1. online form with MHA number (signed by both parents). while submitting online form - only one parent signed
2. Passport and visa pages self attested - both parents + Marriage certificate
only 1 copy per document(not triplicates as written - I carried triplicates as per the website)
3. 1 photo for the baby pasted on the Misc form - filled in the name for baby - any one parent need to sign on that form.. thumb impression not needed
4. £17
5. consular people gave another form to be filled there - to be signed by both parents.
6. special delivery envelop

went half an hour before the appointment time, no issues, counter 8.. again no queue for this. Lady took the documents and money, gave the receipt. Asked us to wait to appear before consular in an hours time. we were done in approx 1 hour.

Already booked an appointment for VFS for passport for 17. Will post the details then.

thanks again.
qwert

godfatherdon

Post by godfatherdon » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:10 pm

Hello All,

Just wanted to know if anyone applied recently for a fresh passport for their newborn and how long it took them. Its all processed via VFS now and I want to know people experience on the application process and processing times for the same!

Thanks
MR

qwert
Newly Registered

Post by qwert » Tue May 12, 2015 10:41 pm

Hello All, I visited VFS Manchester recently for passport application of new born. Process is simple (though I had to go twice since I was unaware of the online application)

Apply online through the VFS global website. (http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/)
Take the following documents-
1. Birth Certificate - Indian and UK - original and Photocopy.
2. Parents passport (spouse name not necessary) - Original + photocopy
3. Marriage Certificate - Original + photocopy
4. Online application form - Thumb impression is required on this.
5. 1+ 3 photos of the baby
6. Visa pohotcopy
7. IMp - Authority letter from the spouse if only one of you is visiting VFS.

Do not take self address envelop as they do not accept it - they would give their envelop on which you have to write your address. Also, the charge is increased to some 74 pounds since it is handled by VFS and they charge for stupid things like SMS service (not worth).

Happy to answer any question on the above.

Thanks
qwert

Vegeta
India

Post by Vegeta » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:34 pm

Hello,

Could anyone please let me know if both parents have to present at the consulate when submitting documents for birth registration? I'm planning to go for CGI Birmingham.

Thanks in advance.
Vegeta

tier2uk
Newly Registered

Post by tier2uk » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:34 pm

Vegeta,

There is no need for both parents to appear at the Consulate.I have got my baby registered last week.
Take Authorisation letter from the Parent who cannot appear and Self Addressed postal envelope (Royal mail special delivery Silver one)

Take an appoinment online. Service is very Quick

tier2uk
Newly Registered

Post by tier2uk » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:36 pm

Did any one have issues with the baby's photo?
My baby's photo was shot with a white background. however it appears light grey as the baby cannot sit.
What are the chances of raising question around it?

qwert
Newly Registered

Post by qwert » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:04 pm

hello don't make the baby sit.. just lie her down and click pictures (while the baby is calm) ... or to avoid inconveniences and doubts. just take the baby to any studio and get the photos done.. u would need nearly 5 photos . 1 for registration and 4 for passport.

RK_78
Newly Registered

Post by RK_78 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:03 pm

hello,

Could you pleasea advise on how it takes to get a newborn first time passport submitted via VFS (at london,paddington). I received my Original documents back in 3 days but there is no update on the newborn passport. its been 7 days.
Thanks for your help.
qwert wrote:Hello All, I visited VFS Manchester recently for passport application of new born. Process is simple (though I had to go twice since I was unaware of the online application)

6. Visa pohotcopy

Do not take self address envelop as they do not accept it - they would give their envelop on which you have to write your address. Also, the charge is increased to some 74 pounds since it is handled by VFS and they charge for stupid things like SMS service (not worth).

Thanks
qwert

cstylishsam
Mood:
India

Post by cstylishsam » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:58 pm

RK_78 wrote:hello,

Could you pleasea advise on how it takes to get a newborn first time passport submitted via VFS (at london,paddington). I received my Original documents back in 3 days but there is no update on the newborn passport. its been 7 days.
Thanks for your help.
qwert wrote:Hello All, I visited VFS Manchester recently for passport application of new born. Process is simple (though I had to go twice since I was unaware of the online application)

6. Visa pohotcopy

Thanks
qwert
It took 7 working days for us to receive kid's passport. Once received i saw that they misprinted the gender on the passport and i had to get that corrected by visiting the HCI-London where they have stamped a statement on one of the a page mentioning the correction.

shainkijain
Newly Registered

Post by shainkijain » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:04 pm

Hi,

Can you please provide template of Authority letter for spouse if she is not attending VFS passport appointment?

Thanks!

sreenathp
Newly Registered

Post by sreenathp » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:59 pm

Hi All,

I applied for my newborn child's Indian passport on 1-Oct morning at Liverpool VFS centre. It's been a week so far & I have not received my original documents. Also there is no status update in the passport tracking website. I have to go back to India by end of this month as my company has already initiated my transfer back to India. Can anyone please suggest some ideas as I am getting worried. I need to get my kid's passport soon to book tickets. Thanks in advance.

Sarvasarv
Newly Registered

Post by Sarvasarv » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:56 pm

Hi,
Had applied for new passport for my son in VFS Goswell road. Had received the original passports of my husband and myself back in 1 week, but its been 5 weeks since (total 6 weeks) no update since.
Called to VFS customer care, they have no further updates from HCI, and mentioned they cannot escalate to track passport. The 4-6 week timeline is not an SLA but indicative timeline only.
Anyone please advise what should I do next?

-

anilkmanu
Newly Registered

Post by anilkmanu » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:44 am

I applied at Goswell Road VFS for baby passport on Wednesday, 28th Oct.
Had a text on Thursday saying it has been dispatched to HCI for further processing.
Waiting now for my originals and baby passport

anilkmanu
Newly Registered

Post by anilkmanu » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:22 pm

anilkmanu wrote:I applied at Goswell Road VFS for baby passport on Wednesday, 28th Oct.
Had a text on Thursday saying it has been dispatched to HCI for further processing.
Waiting now for my originals and baby passport
My passport received Tuesday, 3rd Nov
Baby passport dispatch sms on Friday, 13th Nov

Samir_123
Newly Registered

Post by Samir_123 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:09 pm

Hi,

I need certain help in regard to the birth registration at Birmingham. My wife is not from India and while filling the online form, I selected 'APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION OF BIRTH OF A MINOR CHILD AT AN INDIAN CONSULATE UNDER SECTION 4(1) OF THE CITIZENSHIP ACT, 1955'. While filling the mother section, I can only see option for Indian origin spouse and not for the other origin spouse details.

I have checked other options for these forms and not sure which one I should select for my case for child birth registration. Any quick help will be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks
Samir

krunalbarot
Newly Registered

Post by krunalbarot » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:38 pm

Samir_123 wrote:Hi,

I need certain help in regard to the birth registration at Birmingham. My wife is not from India and while filling the online form, I selected 'APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION OF BIRTH OF A MINOR CHILD AT AN INDIAN CONSULATE UNDER SECTION 4(1) OF THE CITIZENSHIP ACT, 1955'. While filling the mother section, I can only see option for Indian origin spouse and not for the other origin spouse details.

I have checked other options for these forms and not sure which one I should select for my case for child birth registration. Any quick help will be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks
Samir
Drop an email to HCI London office .. or the birmingham one .. they will revert back in 24 hours

vasanthvignesh
Newly Registered

Post by vasanthvignesh » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:25 am

hi,

Yesterday i have submitted application with all document for birth registration in UK-London.

Can anyone tell me when the birth certificate will be ready or can we track online?

dipak dawkhar
Newly Registered

Post by dipak dawkhar » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:22 pm

Here is my recent exp

Indian Birth Reg

https://www.hcilondon.in/pages.php?id=85

1. Fill the online form

2. Upload the photo of child and copy of Both parent signature

3. Copy of marriage certificate, passport and birth certificate

Document submission at HCI Birmingham

1. Appointment is not required

2. Self attested copy of Marriage certificate, BRP cards, Passport, Birth certificate ( Short and long both), address proof of UK ( copy of water, gas etc bill)

3. 4 Photos of child (Grey background), carry all above originals

3. Royal mail prepaid envelop

In addition to above, they will ask to fill 3 forms at HCI.

Feed--17 Pounds

Time at HCI Birmingham for submission - 30 to 45Mins

Birth registration certificate received at home in 4 days ( can not be tracked online for status)

For Passport-

http://www.vfsglobal.com/India/UK/#14

1. Fill the online form.

2. 4 Photos of child with white background ( Very Imp)

3. Self attested copy of Marriage certificate, BRP cards, Passport, Birth certificate ( Short and long both), Indian Birth Reg, Copy of Indian address proof like Aadhar card, Letter from wife authorizing for submitting application alone

4. Carry all originals, like passport, BRP card, Marriage certificate, Birth Certificate ( Short and Long Both), Indian Birth Reg

Fees---60 Pounds ( Including of courier charges for orginal document and passport)

Time--- Received passport in 10days ( Time frame given by VFS is 4-6 weeks)

vasanthvignesh
Newly Registered

Post by vasanthvignesh » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:17 pm

Can anyone share the Letter template for authorizing spouse for submitting application alone?

-vasanthvignesh

devinderkapur
Newly Registered

Post by devinderkapur » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:04 pm

HI,

Can you pl provide me the template " authorizing spouse for submitting application alone"

Thank you

Devinder