ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed ASAP as I am in serious crisis,96hours left help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

deltauk

Post by deltauk » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:55 pm

It would have been a good move but at the time and even now HO has my passport so it was at the time the only feasible option was to apply for eea family visa as me and my gf been staying in UK toghther for the past 2.5 well nealry 3 yrs now. We sent all the evidence to HO with our bills bank statements and rent contract and the rest.

I think i just have to wait and see what happens next. Is 6 months the absolute deadline or this doesnt apply in my case?

Regards

deltauk

Loosing Hope Now!!

Post by deltauk » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:34 pm

Hey everyone.

Been a while since i last posted here. just been busy sorting my life out. As you all know my gf got her passport back and i am still waiting to hear from HO. Its been nealry 8 months+.

Just keep thinking what the putcome might be and from what i have gone thoruhg this year dont know if i still have the energy to go through the rejection and reappeal process.

So waht i wanted to know was If i withrdaw my application and go back to my home country with my girlfriend. Can I apply from my home country and apply to her home country which is a member of EU.

What complication i might have and what happens if i wanted to come back to UK.

So if i go back to my home country get married with my GF and then apply for clearence to my GF's country which is part of EU. How do i get back to UK and how much time this all might take? ( need to worry about work, bills and mortgage)

Please any help would be grateful like usual.

Regards

Delta UK

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:26 pm

I would wait.

If you go back and apply, you may be refused on public policy grounds. This would almost certainly be overturned on appeal, but that could take months.

As it is, you are here, you have the right to work. I think you should stick with it.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

deltauk

Thanx Victoria

Post by deltauk » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:42 pm

Thanks a lot victoria,

But i dont know what "public policy ground".

Its just that i am getting so anxious about this whole thing after what i went through.

The thing is me and my gf would really like to get married now as it is the right time and have been planning for this for ages. Not sure if i can get COA to get married.

And also i was wondering that if i go back to my home country and then get married there and then apply to move to germany(my girlfriends home country). and then do i still need to get clearence to come to UK or can i just travel with her as i will be a family member. I dunno how all this works.

So my question is can we get married in my home country and then apply to german high comission to go and stay there and then move to UK in couple of months.

Please give me some insight on this.

Regards

vinny

Re: Thanx Victoria

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:19 am

deltauk wrote:But i dont know what "public policy ground".
See also 21.4.17 Refusal on grounds of public policy, public security or public health and 21. Decisions taken on public policy, public security and public health grounds
deltauk wrote:And also i was wondering that if i go back to my home country and then get married there and then apply to move to germany(my girlfriends home country). and then do i still need to get clearence to come to UK or can i just travel with her as i will be a family member. I dunno how all this works.

So my question is can we get married in my home country and then apply to german high comission to go and stay there and then move to UK in couple of months.
Procession of a Family permit or Residence card may make entry into the UK a lot easier under regulation 11(2). But it may not actually be necessary under 11(4); however, entry could also be refused.

See also Grounds on which EEA Family Permit might be refused and CO (EEA Regulations: family permit) Nigeria [2007] UKAIT 00070 for an interesting case on family permits.
VictoriaS wrote:I would wait.
I concur.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

deltauk

Post by deltauk » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:08 pm

Friday : 28th 2008

Dear Forum Members,

I hope everyone is doing fine. I am in acute pressure and have been not able to think or do regarding the situation mentioned below. I will really appreciate if someone can advise me what to do.
Last year this all started and I am sure people are aware of my circumstance.

Just to give you a brief background since I submitted my application: I have applied for a Family Permit with my EU girlfriend (living with her for last 3 yrs and more)
My application for eea2 family permit was submitted in FEB 2007. So far it’s been 13 months and I have not heard anything about my application. The current situation is that, my dad is not very well and I would have to go back to my home country to look after him but at the same tim i have my work here and my other half so i want to regularise my stay and be able to come and go.

I am in dilemma as to what to do, my solicitor has told me to sit tight and wait for the outcome, and perhaps he doesn’t understand the close net of my relation with my family.

In his opinion if i want to go back then I should actually withdraw my application and start the whole procedure from scratch i.e. get married in India and then apply for EC on the behalf of being a husband spouse. But because of the new HC321 law i will be banned for a year.

I have thought about marrying my girlfriend but not sure if this will actually help my case. All i am trying to do is get a reply from HO as this is been dragging on for more than year and not sure when will i get a reply.

Can someone advise me what I should do?
1) Either get married in UK (without COA but recognized by HOi.e. church of england)
2) Sit tight and send HO a letter mentioning my Dad’s condition and hope they will speed up the process
3) If I do go back to my home country and get married to my partner then how long will it take to return to UK?

What I don’t want to do is withdraw this application and submit a new one with addition info (as I would be immediate family as suppose to extend) as this might take more time.

I have spent the last 96 hours trying to think how to resolve this situation. I would appreciate if someone can suggest any thing.

I know its difficult to put a time frame on HO reply but i am sure some experienced people would know how things work.

A very distress!!

Regards
Deltauk

thsths
United Kingdom

Post by thsths » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:01 pm

deltauk wrote:Just to give you a brief background since I submitted my application: I have applied for a Family Permit with my EU girlfriend (living with her for last 3 yrs and more)
One question: would you still consider to marry? I know this is a rather intimate question, but it can make a bit difference to your case. If you apply as an unmarried partner, there is some discretion in the handling of the application. Whereas once you are married, you have to be granted residence (unless there are truly exceptional circumstances such as a long prison sentence).
My application for eea2 family permit was submitted in FEB 2007. So far it’s been 13 months and I have not heard anything about my application.
As said before, the maximum time is 6 months. The Home Office should have responded by now, and I think you can chase the application. There is no guarantee that it will make a difference, but you are entitled to a decision.
I am in dilemma as to what to do, my solicitor has told me to sit tight and wait for the outcome, and perhaps he doesn’t understand the close net of my relation with my family.

In his opinion if i want to go back then I should actually withdraw my application and start the whole procedure from scratch i.e. get married in India and then apply for EC on the behalf of being a husband spouse. But because of the new HC321 law i will be banned for a year.
I think the advice is reasonable, but it is not all black and white. Leaving now would not cancel your application, but you may have trouble getting back into the country. Legally you are in the clear, but the law is broken on a regular basis. It can be difficult enough for people with a spotless history, so I would be very careful.

Getting married in India is a reasonably save option. It is possible that you have to appeal, because the UK has still not implemented recent case law from the ECJ concerning applications made outside the EU.

Luckily the ban is not in effect yet, and it should not apply to European law anyway. Although again, it is not quite clear whether the BIA intends to stick to the law or bend it.
All i am trying to do is get a reply from HO as this is been dragging on for more than year and not sure when will i get a reply.
Good luck. I never got a useful response out of them.
1) Either get married in UK (without COA but recognized by HOi.e. church of england)
2) Sit tight and send HO a letter mentioning my Dad’s condition and hope they will speed up the process
3) If I do go back to my home country and get married to my partner then how long will it take to return to UK?
I think 1) is no longer possible, because even the CoE checks your immigration status. I agree with your lawyer that 2) is probably the best option. 3) is more hassle, and there could be a delay, but in the end it should certainly work, too.
I have spent the last 96 hours trying to think how to resolve this situation. I would appreciate if someone can suggest any thing.
There is no easy answer. It depends on how aggressive you are about defending your rights. In theory you can go, but it may be a difficult and slow process to get back.

Tom

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:02 pm

deltauk, there appears to be a moratorium for HC321 till October. I don't think you have many options. You can either wait or go home, look after your father and reapply.

deltauk

Post by deltauk » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:18 pm

deltauk wrote:
Just to give you a brief background since I submitted my application: I have applied for a Family Permit with my EU girlfriend (living with her for last 3 yrs and more)
One question: would you still consider to marry? I know this is a rather intimate question, but it can make a bit difference to your case. If you apply as an unmarried partner, there is some discretion in the handling of the application. Whereas once you are married, you have to be granted residence (unless there are truly exceptional circumstances such as a long prison sentence).
We both want to marry but it wasnt planned to be in england we were hoping to be married now if i could travel and had my status sorted.

THSTHS what i want to know is lets say i got married in england (as my local church where we both go has agreed for the CoE wedding). Do i need to send a new application and start the clock again and wait for HO to make some decision as an married partner Or can i just send my marriage certificate saying that the circumstances have changed and this is the marriage certificate.

The lawyer suggested a new application thats why he saying no point to get married. (wont help much)
because the UK has still not implemented recent case law from the ECJ concerning applications made outside the EU.
Dont understand can you elobrate on this a bit.

[/quote]

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:46 pm

Just to chip in.....

If at all you decide to send a letter to HO informing them of your dad's illness, it would probably carry more weight if you included documentation from home, regarding his health eg. Medical Report?

deltauk

Post by deltauk » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:00 pm

Dear Forum,

I have sent a letter from a doctor in India mentioning my dads health and how critical he is.

I have not sent his medical report so please let me know if I should send that as well.

Regards
D

thsths
United Kingdom

Post by thsths » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:51 pm

Hi Deltauk
deltauk wrote:THSTHS what i want to know is lets say i got married in england (as my local church where we both go has agreed for the CoE wedding).
That is highly unusual. It would improve your status quite a bit, so it is certainly worth considering. Usually the CoE is not supposed to do this.
Do i need to send a new application and start the clock again and wait for HO to make some decision as an married partner Or can i just send my marriage certificate saying that the circumstances have changed and this is the marriage certificate.
That is a tricky question. Try Victoria, maybe she can answer it. I think they should consider new evidence. But then again they should also decide your application within 6 months, so it is not certain how they are going to respond.
because the UK has still not implemented recent case law from the ECJ concerning applications made outside the EU.
The ECJ has decided in several cases that your right to join your spouse does not depend on your current status or your current residence. However, the UK immigration system still refuses applications for minor reasons made outside of the EU. And they do this although they know it is wrong. So applying from back home may take some time.

Tom

deltauk

Post by deltauk » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:36 pm

Hi,

To be honest i want to get married to my girlfirend but if i had a bad bone in my body i would have done that rather than going through all this. If you look at the history I have gone through hell and now only thing is bothering me is the condition of my dad. In you opinion if I get married now will i get a reply soon from home office.

What i also need to know if i send my marriage certificate will that actually help the application?

I am also not sure if there is anything else i can, like involve my local MP?

Although 6 months was the time scale i was expecting home office to reply but it has been 13 months so far...

Not sure where is the light at the end of tunnel. I just dont know what to do?

Regards
D

thsths wrote:Hi Deltauk
deltauk wrote:THSTHS what i want to know is lets say i got married in england (as my local church where we both go has agreed for the CoE wedding).
That is highly unusual. It would improve your status quite a bit, so it is certainly worth considering. Usually the CoE is not supposed to do this.
Do i need to send a new application and start the clock again and wait for HO to make some decision as an married partner Or can i just send my marriage certificate saying that the circumstances have changed and this is the marriage certificate.
That is a tricky question. Try Victoria, maybe she can answer it. I think they should consider new evidence. But then again they should also decide your application within 6 months, so it is not certain how they are going to respond.
The ECJ has decided in several cases that your right to join your spouse does not depend on your current status or your current residence. However, the UK immigration system still refuses applications for minor reasons made outside of the EU. And they do this although they know it is wrong. So applying from back home may take some time.

Tom

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:45 pm

Delta if your previous visa expired when you applied, regularising in-country is always an uphill struggle, as many others on the board have experienced.

noush
Newly Registered

Post by noush » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:09 pm

good luck. let us know what happened... i know you did such a silly thing but i really feel for you.

hope to hear from you again.

deltauk

Post by deltauk » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:18 pm

Dear Noush,

If only you can change the time. I know what i thought was a "silly thing" but i guess not. I am not really sure what should be my next step given the circumstances. Any ideas anyone?

Feel quite helpless not sure which way to go!!!

noush wrote:good luck. let us know what happened... i know you did such a silly thing but i really feel for you.

hope to hear from you again.

Please can anyone has any ideas or any advice?

Regards

Delta

thsths
United Kingdom

Post by thsths » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:51 pm

deltauk wrote:What i also need to know if i send my marriage certificate will that actually help the application?
It may help your case is difficult to decide, because it would simplify the legal situation. But it would still take a few more weeks, I assume. So it may help, or it may not, depending on what the problem is.
I am also not sure if there is anything else i can, like involve my local MP?
Yes, contacting your MP is a good idea, because he will at least get a response from the Home Office, and he can put a bit of pressure on them, too. You can also contact SOLVIT, http://ec.europa.eu/solvit/site/index_en.htm, the European citizen service. They cannot usually change anything about your case, but they will enquire about the status, and they give you legal advice on how to proceed. Finally you can write to the European Commission. They will take a bit longer, but they do have quite a bit of power. SOLVIT will usually refer the case to the commission if that seems necessary.

Someone said that you can also talk to the "customer focus group" at the BIA, but I do not know any details about this.

Tom

deltauk

Post by deltauk » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:56 pm

THSTHS Is there anything stoping me writing a letter very week and when i say every week i mean ever monday to the Home Office to get a reply. I am at a position now that i want an answer from them either Yes or No.

I really think whn the time of appeal comes and i can show that my relationship is geniune and that if i wanted to i always had the option to get married but due to my pride or as an prinicpal i didnt wanted to.

THSTHS i really have a feeling and i believe that we will win in the end so i wanna write a letter every week to them so that i can get a reply from them yes or no and go for an appeal.

Do you or any other member from the forum think its a good idea or i am just hoping for something out of my depth.

You know in the end i know i did something wrong from a mere stupidity -- i dunno what i was thinking But do u think i will win in the end i mean from the appeal. -- I dunno just looking for some ray of hope just wanting to hear something good.

Regards

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:00 pm

Hiya deltauk,

No, there wouldn't be anything stopping you from writing them letters, but I think you might have a bit more luck involving your local MP and/or getting SOLVIT involved, as thsths suggested. They might have a bit more luck getting a fire lit under the arse of whoever is dealing with your case.

Best of luck and I hope you get a decision soon!

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:17 pm

Could the HO somehow be waiting for HC321 to come into force, namely:

"Re-entry bans for those who have overstayed, breached their conditions of leave (e.g. a student working over 20 hrs a week in term time). "

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:14 am

I read the entire thread.

Am I the only one lacking in sympathy on this one?

I know far too many people who arrive from abroad - never have any intention of going back - even to visit ill parents / their funerals / siblings weddings etc etc.

It makes a mockery of the rest of us who are then denied visitor visa for relatives because the system no longer trusts anyone - because of the abuses that take place.

I simply dont buy this 'I hold my hand up' after the event.

deltauk

Post by deltauk » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:02 am

Gollywood,

To be really honest i am not looking for sympathy but advise, And gonna be really honest with you here.

When i first came here i had no intention to stay i had everything, i spent over 50K on my degree and to be honest i earn now and at that time of the issu over six figure salary. I met someone fell in love with that person my family circumstances changed went through a lot and going through a lot. Do you really think i wanted to be in a situation like this.

God forbid you ever have to go through what i did but never judge a book from its cover. You dont know from reading a forum who i am and what situation i am in..

In this situation I couldnt care less what u think i am here for people like THSTHS, PAULP, YANKEEGIRL, NOUSH, VICTORIA and many more who can undrstand what i am talking about so i would request you rather not reply if you got nothing to add. I know i have done what i shouldnt do but just sit back and just think about something you shoulndt have done.

There is a saying "People Who live in glass house themselves shouldnt throw stones at someone's else house" --- I hope you got the meaning of what i am trying to say here.

Regards and God Bless you.

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:23 am

deltauk wrote:Gollywood,

To be really honest i am not looking for sympathy but advise, And gonna be really honest with you here.

When i first came here i had no intention to stay i had everything, i spent over 50K on my degree and to be honest i earn now and at that time of the issu over six figure salary. I met someone fell in love with that person my family circumstances changed went through a lot and going through a lot. Do you really think i wanted to be in a situation like this.

God forbid you ever have to go through what i did but never judge a book from its cover. You dont know from reading a forum who i am and what situation i am in..

In this situation I couldnt care less what u think i am here for people like THSTHS, PAULP, YANKEEGIRL, NOUSH, VICTORIA and many more who can undrstand what i am talking about so i would request you rather not reply if you got nothing to add. I know i have done what i shouldnt do but just sit back and just think about something you shoulndt have done.

There is a saying "People Who live in glass house themselves shouldnt throw stones at someone's else house" --- I hope you got the meaning of what i am trying to say here.

Regards and God Bless you.
Yes - and like I said, for every bogus / scam / sham application & overstay - there are US LOT who suffer because we play it by the rules, and then get hammered by the authorities because they just assume that we are no different when we apply for simple visitor visas for our relatives from the subcontinent.

Holding your hand up latera nd saying 'I now realise what I did.......' cuts no ice with me.

Until I post a thread asking for advise relating to something illegal I have done, the 'glass houses analogy' doesnt apply to me.

deltauk

Post by deltauk » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:55 am

Gollywood,

THANK YOU FOR YOUR WORDS. Honestly if you played by the rules you would never have a problem with a visitor visa my family members have 10yrs multiple visit visa's without a problem and yes they all played it by rules.

Man take a break and dont waste this space if you dont have anything to add to help me. I am not here to get a lesson in humanity and self revelation.

I just pray to God that you may never have to or come to a point where you have to do anything illegal for the good reasons.

I dont expect any understanding from you so thanks for your input but NO THANKS.

deltauk

Post by deltauk » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:28 pm

Hi,

Please has anyone got any more ideas or thoughts?

Regards
Deltauk