ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Your visa application @ Abu Dhabi (Ref:1234567)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ramis_ali85
Newly Registered

Re: Your visa application @ Abu Dhabi (Ref:1234567)

Post by ramis_ali85 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:03 am

I missed the collection call from Gerry's and they do not get the call back on that number? Anyone knows if they gonna give me call back or I should go to visa center?

ali_asad_pk

Post by ali_asad_pk » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:36 am

@ramis_ali85 if you are sure that it was call from Gerry's then you can proceed for collection, you may also have received email regarding collection also, I think that they do attempt call next day if missed one day

@saeedusman their processing time line says that priority service (provided that applicant fulfil priority criteria) takes 2 days to get decision while other visit visa takes around 15 working days, in my experience, it took 3, 4 and 5 weeks. I have been just reported by someone else whose application took 3 weeks

Hi Guys

Just an update that I have been reported by someone who applied general visit visa but sponsor did not take call from ukba ( as call was always from no-number or blocked means caller's id hidden ) and sponsor is in habit of not attending such calls so after few such calls, there were no more calls but yesterday they got call from Gerry's to come and collect passport and visa is refused because entry Clarence officer is not satisfied that they are genuine visitor, there was no mention of sponsor not confirming details etc so another case where no 'resolved' email and visa refused

ramis_ali85
Newly Registered

Post by ramis_ali85 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:25 am

Okay!

I collected my passport today and alhamdullillah I got visa for 10 years. So that's proved whoever gets "resolved" email gets visa

hiram
Newly Registered

Post by hiram » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:28 am

Hi All,

I applied for my 5 year family visit visa on 30th May at the visa centre in Lahore.
Yesterday, I got an email that 'your application has been resolved...'

I still havent heard from Gerry's about documents. Also, I am wondering they didnt call my sponsor to confirm anything.

Has somebody else got a resolved email and visa was declined?

Please also let me know when do Gerry's contact you.

Thanks

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:35 am

hiram wrote:Hi All,

I applied for my 5 year family visit visa on 30th May at the visa centre in Lahore.

I still havent heard from Gerry's about documents. Also, I am wondering they didnt call my sponsor to confirm anything.

Thanks
Till now, anyone received resolve email is granted, so you should think positive :)

Can you please tell us if you applied normal or priority service?
Thanks

hiram
Newly Registered

Post by hiram » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:46 pm

Last edited by hiram on Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hiram
Newly Registered

Post by hiram » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:58 pm

saeedusman wrote:

Thanks
Till now, anyone received resolve email is granted, so you should think positive :)

Thanks
I applied normal.
I submitted my documents on 30th May and got an email on 17th June.

Still no call about documents collection.
I have seen here, people with resolved got the visa but my only concern is that they didnt call the sponsor.
Hence I am worried!

Thanks btw! Its a great discussion forum for people going through this.

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:13 pm

hiram wrote:
saeedusman wrote:

Thanks

Thanks
I applied normal.
I submitted my documents on 30th May and got an email on 17th June.

Still no call about documents collection.
I have seen here, people with resolved got the visa but my only concern is that they didnt call the sponsor.
Hence I am worried!

Thanks btw! Its a great discussion forum for people going through this.
If everything is clear and self answering, they don't need to call. That is just extra check they can if they want, but is not needed in all cases.

Normally it is 3-4 days to get the call for collection.

Regards.

hiram
Newly Registered

Post by hiram » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:18 pm

Ok great! Thanks so much. Will keep you all updated side by side with what happens with mine! Such a nerve wrecking experience.

One of my friends parents applied for a 6 months and they just got a call from gerry's today to collect their passport tomorrow. They werent emailed. Will keep you posted with their decision tomorrow!

Sohail4peace

Post by Sohail4peace » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:17 am

Hi everyone!!!!

My parents submitted their UK family visit visa for 6 months on 02 June 2014 at Lahore office. I received HO call on 11th June and they received " Resolve " Email on 19th June. So hopefully In sha ALLAh Visa should be granted. As they have not received any call yet from fed ex I will keep update once received call :).

Thanks

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:41 am

Sohail4peace wrote:Hi everyone!!!!

My parents submitted their UK family visit visa for 6 months on 02 June 2014 at Lahore office. I received HO call on 11th June and they received " Resolve " Email on 19th June. So hopefully In sha ALLAh Visa should be granted. As they have not received any call yet from fed ex I will keep update once received call :).

Thanks
Good news

Did they called your mobile or on landline?
Coz I'm worried in case they ring only home and we r away at that time or call is missed.

Also what they asked when they called?
And you used normal or priority service?

Regards,
Saeed

Sohail4peace

Post by Sohail4peace » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:10 am

saeedusman wrote:

Thanks
Good news

Coz I'm worried in case they ring only home and we r away at that time or call is missed.

Regards,
Saeed
Hi Saeed,

HO phoned me at my cell with unknown number. Ho asked basic question about me and my parents like my name..and date of birth and same for my parents, mine and their profession etc..
And I use normal service not priority one. I can not afford to waste my money in that priority one service to be honest. :)

yasir123
Newly Registered

Post by yasir123 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:55 am

Hi

I got "resolve" email yesterday for my business visit visa. I gave my biometrics on lahore vfs office. Havnt had any call from gerry representative for collection of passport. Does anybody know their working telephone No. Of their call center? I think their old numbers do not work now...

ramis_ali85
Newly Registered

Post by ramis_ali85 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:29 am

Here is Gerry's number: 042 36299214-7

But they do pick up phone after they are closed taking applications (after 5 pm)

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:27 pm

Sohail4peace wrote:
saeedusman wrote:

Thanks
Good news

Regards,
Saeed
Hi Saeed,

HO phoned me at my cell with unknown number. Ho asked basic question about me and my parents like my name..and date of birth and same for my parents, mine and their profession etc..
And I use normal service not priority one. I can not afford to waste my money in that priority one service to be honest. :)
Thanks

Yes it is £100 too expensive now, before that it was about half and I used for my mother in law couple of months before which resulted decision in 7 days.

But still 15-20 days time for normal applicants is not bad, will go for normal definitely.

Also other members who were waiting for collections, please keep others updates about the outcome. Thanks

Regards,
Saeed

hiram
Newly Registered

Post by hiram » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:00 pm

hiram wrote:Ok great! Thanks so much. Will keep you all updated side by side with what happens with mine! Such a nerve wrecking experience.

One of my friends parents applied for a 6 months and they just got a call from gerry's today to collect their passport tomorrow. They werent emailed. Will keep you posted with their decision tomorrow!
Hi Guys,
So my friends parents didnt get the visa. They only got a call for collection and no resolved email.

I got the resolved email on 17th June and collection email today. I have to go and collect my passport tomorrow morning! :?

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:45 pm

hiram wrote:
hiram wrote:Ok great! Thanks so much. Will keep you all updated side by side with what happens with mine! Such a nerve wrecking experience.

Hi Guys,
So my friends parents didnt get the visa. They only got a call for collection and no resolved email.

I got the resolved email on 17th June and collection email today. I have to go and collect my passport tomorrow morning! :?
Sad to hear the news about your friend's parents. Very disappointing news I can imagine, especially for parents.
I had same kind of response before and immediately re applied within same month and got the visa granted. Because if we leave it for long time, they can think YES their objections were genuine, but if we all go back straight away with more and proper documentation which precisely address the objections then I'm sure it will be granted. I pray that atleast parents visa should never be refused.

It will help other members if we can all share the points objected in rejection letters so the other members can take some extra care by keeping in mind these all objections when preparing the documents.

Advance congratulations for your visa :)

Regards,
Saeed

Sohail4peace

Post by Sohail4peace » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:58 am

saeedusman wrote:
hiram wrote:

Hi Guys,

Sad to hear the news about your friend's parents. Very disappointing news I can imagine, especially for parents.
I had same kind of response before and immediately re applied within same month and got the visa granted. Because if we leave it for long time, they can think YES their objections were genuine, but if we all go back straight away with more and proper documentation which precisely address the objections then I'm sure it will be granted. I pray that atleast parents visa should never be refused.

It will help other members if we can all share the points objected in rejection letters so the other members can take some extra care by keeping in mind these all objections when preparing the documents.

Regards,
Saeed
Hi Saeed !!

100 % agree with you.

Regards,

Sohail

yasir123
Newly Registered

Post by yasir123 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:43 am

Thankyou ramis for giving gerry's tel number..

hiram
Newly Registered

Post by hiram » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:43 am

saeedusman wrote:
hiram wrote:

Hi Guys,

Regards,
Saeed
Hello,

Haha thanks! So i got my visaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :wink:

And I asked my friend about his parents and main reason was that officer wasnt satisfied they would go back. Not sure what this means really to be honest but anyway I was told by my friend that this was the reason. They might appeal or re apply.

This forum is amazing and gives you such a good insight.

Thank you everyoneeee!

irfantahir
Newly Registered

Post by irfantahir » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:46 pm

hi guys
I submitted my case on 10 june 2014 perority visa serives but I don't receive any email dispatch or processing I.e.
16 june 2014 my brother in uk receive a call from home office verification call about me and my sponsor detail today 21 june 2014 I don' t receive any call or something like that...

online tracking system vfs site error...
I'm confused about my visa what you think ?????? tell me please

SharePo
Newly Registered

Post by SharePo » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:54 am

I have applied for my brother and his family as family visitor visa, got a call from UKBA about the confirmation of the sponsor. After that we got the email "Your application has been issued and will shortly be returned to our commercial partner". It says issued, does this mean visa has been granted? As i know some users got an email where it says Resolved, is it same as issued

kibh1
Newly Registered

Post by kibh1 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:52 am

SharePo wrote:I have applied for my brother and his family as family visitor visa, got a call from UKBA about the confirmation of the sponsor. After that we got the email "Your application has been issued and will shortly be returned to our commercial partner". It says issued, does this mean visa has been granted? As i know some users got an email where it says Resolved, is it same as issued

I got the exact same email this morning...applied for 5-year visa for my father on 13th June with priority visa option...does anyone else know what it means if the email says "visa application has been issued"? In the past it used to be "your visa has been issued"; it then changed to "your visa application has been resolved". My guess is that they have recently changed their terminology yet again and that the visa has been granted...but let's see...you never know with these things :?

dhl
Newly Registered

Post by dhl » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:47 am

Assalamoalaikom

I applied for General visit visa in Lahore on 30th May 2014, got email from 3G-Uncleared saying "Your application has been resolved... on 18th June 2014. On 20th June 2014, got an email from CRMADMIN@vfsglobal.com saying your passport is ready for collection. I did not receive any phone call from Gerry's and no sms either ( I paid for sms, so dont waste 200 Rupees on sms service). They did not send me even a single sms.

Alhamdulillah the visa was issued.

Thanks,

Wassalam

zunaira
Newly Registered

Post by zunaira » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:00 pm

Hi!

First of all many thanks for the information shared here. This is quite useful.

Now my problem.... There are two sets of applications, which I am sponsoring. One is my sister and her family, who applied for general visit visa (standard processing) almost 3 weeks from now - havent heard anything yet. I am basically only sponsoring their accomodation. The other set is my parents, who applied on the 16th of June under Family visit visa (Priority service). I am sponsoring their accomodation as well as living expenses (partially). Now, I got a call yesterday from HO for verification. The first question she asked was the applicant's name. I told her that there were two sets of application, which I am sponsoring. So, I really don't know which one she is talking about. She was either reluctant to reveal the applicant's name or she didn't have the information herself. Then, I said that since my parents have applied for urgent, this might be theirs. and told my father's (applicant) name. Then she asked the other usual questons like his occupation, where will they stay, other children, if i have sponsored anyone else in the past etc. Now, I am worried if the call was actually for my parent's application and not my sister's. In case she didn't have the applicant's details herself (which seemed to me the case becasue she didn't know if anyone else was travelling with the lead applicant), how would she know if I was talking about the right applicant? any thoughts about this?

Also, do they contact the sponsor for both general visit visa and family visa? My parents have had UK Family visit visa before and I never received any such call. Is it something new?

Many Thanks in advance for reflecting on this.