ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC for wife (second marriage before the first was annulled)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NZama1

Re: EC for wife (second marriage before the first was annull

Post by NZama1 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:53 am

Good to hear that your visa been granted. So just to confirm you applied for a spouse visa and submitted a decree absolute which post dated your 2nd marriage and this was accepted and visa granted. ECO did not mention that you were not free to marry your 2nd wife?. If that is the case then would appreciate if I could msg u personally and speak to u about it as I'm in same position

adnan111
Member of Standing

Post by adnan111 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:03 am

NZama1 wrote:Good to hear that your visa been granted. So just to confirm you applied for a spouse visa and submitted a decree absolute which post dated your 2nd marriage and this was accepted and visa granted. ECO did not mention that you were not free to marry your 2nd wife?. If that is the case then would appreciate if I could msg u personally and speak to u about it as I'm in same position
I was separated from ex wife for a few years and we were living in different cities in UK, then I got married abroad before getting decree absolute here. The application was for a spouse visa and not fiancé visa. The ECO accepted the decree absolute and accepted my marriage abroad as being valid. At any given time I was in a monogamous relationship although technically there was a period when I was legally waiting for a divorce here.

You can message me if you like, although I don't know what more I can add to what has already been discussed here.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:51 am

Well, at least we have got clarity on this issue.

Can I request the mods to make this thread a sticky? This is a frequently asked question and I am sure that others will find this thread relevant.

NZama1

Post by NZama1 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:35 pm

Adnan,
Can you put me touch with the soliciter who gave you the legal opinion (name of firm, contact number). Thanks

Mrs Shah
Newly Registered

Post by Mrs Shah » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:53 pm

Casa wrote:I give up along with secret.simon and will agree to disagree. Good luck with everything Adnan, keep us updated on your application.
I m in the same boat n very confused. Plzz advise me wether to apply for spouse visa or fiance visa?

Fahad55
Newly Registered

Post by Fahad55 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:38 pm

Great news Adnan just need to clarify that your polygamous marriage was not considered a crime in UK ? as it was conducted in a country allowing polygamous marriage
as I am in the same boat as you
could you send me your solicitor contact details

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:00 pm

Fahad55 wrote:Great news Adnan just need to clarify that your polygamous marriage was not considered a crime in UK ? as it was conducted in a country allowing polygamous marriage
Your situation is not quite the same as Adnan married in Pakistan. Have you read Casa's reply regarding the laws in Morocco in your own post?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:07 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fahad55 wrote:Great news Adnan just need to clarify that your polygamous marriage was not considered a crime in UK ? as it was conducted in a country allowing polygamous marriage
Your situation is not quite the same as Adnan married in Pakistan. Have you read Casa's reply regarding the laws in Morocco in your own post?
You should also read the posts by alil2014 in this thread, where the outcome was quite different to Adnan's. As CR001 has advised, read my points in your own thread on the Moudawana, where strict conditions are now imposed regarding the law on polygamy in Morocco.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.