ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can all July 2007 applicants, India, post here pls

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:42 am

Thanks rrst.
I finished sending an email to them and waiting for there response.

Any reliable service apart from DHL or Fedex? both of them asking arounf 75 GPB to NZ, is that standard rate?

Thanks
Kaff

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:46 am

try UPS

www.ups.com

rrst_101

Post by rrst_101 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:34 am

Kaff wrote:Thanks rrst.
I finished sending an email to them and waiting for there response.

Any reliable service apart from DHL or Fedex? both of them asking arounf 75 GPB to NZ, is that standard rate?

Thanks
UPS service is quite reliable. You can get an idea of their charge..u need to enter some details and it will give an approximate cost and time required to deliver.www.ups.com
And note that,theu have 2 diff. kinds of service..Express saver(which is cheaper) and theres one more,cant remember which is expensive. But that has insurance cover and stuff.

I went for Express Saver.....as per their estimate it shud reach my doorstep by tommorrow evening...
will let u know if it really reached or no..:)

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:55 am

Hi, Thanks for the info.
It also cost around 70 GPB.. I guess that would be the value I have to pay..
I am waiting for HO response, will do as appropriate after response.
Thanks so much for help and guidance.
Kaff

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:53 am

Hi friends,

For a review request of initial decision, do we need to send all the documents again? Or just the review request letter?

Cheers!
CD

~J~

Post by ~J~ » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:56 am

CD, you got to know the decision made on your Hsmp?

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:01 pm

J,

Not yet, but I am expecting a decision today or early next week. I am not very positive about things due to the ITR issue.

So thought will take a heads up on info about review process.

Any idea about the documents to be sent with review application?

Best wishes!
CD

~J~

Post by ~J~ » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:19 pm

Dear CD

dont worry i hope that you get a approval!!

since you asked... i saved a format which i came across in this forum... it is regarding ITR issue... hope it helps... the thread link is at the bottom...

My best wishes again!

To DT:
Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP)
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

Dear Sir/Madam,

Ref: HSMP Initial Approval Application with Ref No: XXXXX.

Sub: Request for your Review and Re-consideration of the HSMP Initial
Approval Application of MR.XXXXXX.

This is to bring to your kind notice that I, XXXXX, have applied for the HSMP Initial Approval on the 5th of XX 2007. I was provided with a reference number: XX and on the 21st XX2007, a decision was made on my Application and unfortunately, my Application was refused.

REASON FOR REFUSAL

I have provided you with my last 12 month Original salary slips as 1st Evidence.
I have provided you with my Original IT returns (ITR1) for the financial year 2006-2007 as 2nd Evidence.

My application was refused with a reason stating that SARAL form is the acceptable evidence towards Tax return from INDIA and that the ITR1, which I have provided as an evidence for Tax return, is not acceptable. Hence no points for previous earnings category were awarded.

MY CLARIFICATION

Income Tax Department of India has amended the rule concerning the forms used to file Income Tax returns with effect from 14th May 2007.As a result of this amendment in the Income Tax rule, the SARAL form is now SCRAPPED and is REPLACED with 8 other types of forms.

They are ITR1, ITR2, ITR3, ITR4, ITR5, ITR6, ITR7 & ITR8.This amendment in the rule is officially published with the title,

INCOME-TAX (FOURTH AMENDMENT) RULES, 2007
NOTIFICATION NO.169/2007, DATED 14-5-2007

And is available in the Income Tax Department’s official website,

http://law.incometaxindia.gov.in/Taxman ... aspx?md=31

with topic title Notification: 169; Date of Issue: 14/5/2007 in full detail.
I am including the relevant excerpt from the amendment, for your perusal and reference.
INCOME-TAX (FOURTH AMENDMENT) RULES, 2007
NOTIFICATION NO.169/2007, DATED 14-5-2007
In exercise of the powers conferred by section 295 of the Income Tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961) (hereinafter referred to as the Act), the Central Board of Direct Taxes hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Income-tax Rules, 1962, namely:-
1. (1)These rules may be called the Income-tax (Fourth Amendment) Rules, 2007.
(2) They shall come into force on the 14th day of May, 2007.
2. In the Income-tax Rules, 1962,-
(a) for rule 12, the following rule shall be substituted, namely:-
Return of income and return of fringe benefits
12.(1) The return of income required to be furnished under sub-section (1) or sub-section (3) or sub-section (4A) or sub-section (4B) or sub-section (4C) or sub-section (4D) of section 139 or clause (i) of sub-section (1) of section 142 or sub-section (1) of section 148 or section 153A or the return of fringe benefits required to be furnished under sub-section (1) or sub-section (2) of section 115WD relating to the assessment year commencing on the 1st day of April, 2007 or any subsequent assessment year shall, -
(a) in the case of a person being an individual where the total income includes income chargeable to income-tax under the head salaries or income in the nature of family pension as defined in the Explanation to clause (iia) of section 57 but does not include any other income except income by way of interest chargeable to income-tax under the head income from other sources, be in Form No. ITR-1 and be verified in the manner indicated therein;

In accordance with the above amendment, All the Salaried Individuals (who doesn’t have income other than salary) now will MANDATORILY have to use form ITR1 to file their Income Tax returns and since I am a salaried employee I had to use form ITR1 for filing my Income Tax returns. After submission we are given an acknowledgement receipt with all standard earning details duly sealed by the Tax Official, which is the Income Tax return document.

I wish to bring to your kind notice that any salaried employee, who is filing his Income Tax returns in India after 14th May 2007 will be using only ITR1 because it is the appropriate form under the Tax Department’s directive and No one can get IT returns on SARAL form because it has become NON-EXISTANT. Its usage now could be Illegal.

Moreover the Original ITR1 document which I have supplied as the 2nd piece of evidence should be acceptable because it is in proper compliance to the definition of a “Tax Returnâ€

aman

Post by aman » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:54 pm

Hello,
Thank You all on this forum for the support provided.
i have received my HSMP. I will be glad to help folks out here, with all i can.
timelines:
docs sent 27th June
reference number (e-mail): 10th July
Decision made 21st July

cdraina,
You just need to send the HSMP letter and the review. no need to send the documents again for review. i was also worried after the ITR stuff, but i guess submitting multiple evidences gets things corraborated. Good Luck.
for earnings i had submitted:
-ITR ack
-Form16
-Bank Statement and a letter stating my salary from X company was being put in Y Bank
-Wage Slips

fly2uk

Post by fly2uk » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:14 pm

Congrats Aman !!

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:27 pm

Congrats Aman!

I feel a bit confident after your success, I have recently sent additional documents (Bank statement). Now I have similar documents as yours. Decision is due today or early next week.

If I am lucky I wouldn't have to use your advise about the review request ;)

Thanks for your help.

!!!Thanks J!!!

Cheers!
CD

rahimvalliani
Newly Registered

Post by rahimvalliani » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:23 pm

cdraina wrote:Congrats Aman!

I feel a bit confident after your success, I have recently sent additional documents (Bank statement). Now I have similar documents as yours. Decision is due today or early next week.

Thanks for your help.

!!!Thanks J!!!

Cheers!

I have a similar date as yours. My reference is 2226**. Assigned a case worker today. Please get in touch plz you hear anything from them

Cheers
Rahim
CD

vinay_sambyal

Post by vinay_sambyal » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:59 pm

cdraina wrote:Congrats Aman!

Thanks for your help.

!!!Thanks J!!!

Cheers!
CD
hi cd... all the best!!!!

llcool

Post by llcool » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:27 pm

Hi Aman,

Congrats!!!! on your success.

Best of luck for ur EC.

llcool

llcool

Post by llcool » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:29 pm

Hi J,

Trust me DD is the best. Just get it made from any bank. It's cheap and the most reliable mode of payment for out of country applications.

llcool

llcool

Post by llcool » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:31 pm

Hey CD,

Its good that ur case worker has been assigned a day back. Best of luck with your case. Keep on posting your advances.

llcool

llcool

Post by llcool » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:40 pm

Hi rrst_101,

You must be around receiving ur docs or might have received already by now.

So tons of luck for you. My prayers are with you. Let us know what's in the packet.

Wishing you luck again.

llcool

rrst_101

Post by rrst_101 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:05 am

llcool wrote:Hi rrst_101,

So tons of luck for you. My prayers are with you. Let us know what's in the packet.

Wishing you luck again.

llcool
Hey llcool,

Thanks a lot ....have been tracking the documents....its reached mumbai...just another flight left to reach bangalore.

Hope its my day ..today..:)

llcool

Post by llcool » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:19 am

rrst_101 wrote:

Wishing you luck again.

llcool
Hey llcool,

Thanks a lot ....have been tracking the documents....its reached mumbai...just another flight left to reach bangalore.

hi sory m sending dis frm another cell n browser is really screwed up. Anyway couldnt wait to get on to comp what the result? Tell us da good news. llcool

llcool

Post by llcool » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:23 am

rrst_101 wrote:

Wishing you luck again.

llcool
Hey llcool,

hi sory m sending dis frm another cell n browser is really screwed up. Anyway couldnt wait to get on to comp what the result? Tell us da good news. llcool

~J~

Post by ~J~ » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:04 pm

is there a specific time when the coversion has to be done in order to claim points???

correct me if am wrong, the conversion should be done on the last day of the last month payslip??

vinay_sambyal

Post by vinay_sambyal » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:44 pm

Hi All,
I had posted my queries few days back that my application is returned back as my payment thru debit card failed( which shudnt have happened :( ).... as per my phone conversation with HSMP official they send back my documents thru mail on 16th July... It still hasnt reached.. Can someone please tell me how do i track that...? Or how long will it take to reach New Delhi... thanks to all.... please reply!!

rrst_101

Post by rrst_101 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:41 am

Hi all,
Want to share some good news that my application has been approved. As scheduled, my documents reached on Saturday evening and all documents were in place.

Thank you one and all for all the help,support,advice during the entire process.

My timelines :

Docs sent : June 29th.
Docs recvd : July 3rd.
Ref # received (email) : July 10th.
Decision made : July 24th.
Documents received back : July 28th.

Cheers,
rrst_101.

rrst_101

Post by rrst_101 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:43 am

llcool wrote:
rrst_101 wrote:

Wishing you luck again.

llcool
Hey llcool,

Hey llcool,
Happy to say that my application is appoved...thanks a lot for ur support during the process.

Cheers,
rrst_101.

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:13 am

Hi J,

any news on your decision?

Cheers!
CD