ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR after 6 years DLR by PEO appointment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

leonex4t5
United Kingdom

Re: ILR after 6 years DLR by PEO appointment

Post by leonex4t5 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:32 pm

You are able to apply for ILR from 06/06/2017 - end of Oct 2017. So whilst you have been eligible to apply since 06/06/2017 you haven't broken any rules. But you must apply before your leave expires.

Hope that helps.
Hard Work = Sucess!

21elegance
Newly Registered

ILR afte 6 year DLR

Post by 21elegance » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:23 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum but have read with interest the helpful advices/suggestions from forum members and moderators. I have one question and would be grateful for some guidance

I am due to apply for ILR after 6 years of DLR (2 x 3years). In both occasions of DLR being granted, I was given under the category of family life as I was living with my partner (who had ILR) and my daughter who is under 16years and British. My partner and I divorced last year and I was given custody of my daughter who is currently in a boarding being paid by me.

My question is will the fact that I am divorced affect my ILR application? or will the fact that I have responsibility of my daughter go in my favour?

Thank you

leonex4t5
United Kingdom

Post by leonex4t5 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:50 pm

As you have a significant relationship with your British child and playing a pivotal role (child lives with you, you are playing a role in her education and probably other things), you have a strong case.
Hard Work = Sucess!

sadza100
Newly Registered

Post by sadza100 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:04 pm

leonex4t5 wrote:You are able to apply for ILR from 06/06/2017 - end of Oct 2017. So whilst you have been eligible to apply since 06/06/2017 you haven't broken any rules. But you must apply before your leave expires.

Hope that helps.

thank u @leonex4t5, iam thinking of booking to go on tues next week,please advise which documents you took, I cant find any p60 but have printed self assessment alculations online covering 2013-2014,2014-2015, 2015- 2016.3 months payslips, 3 months bank statement, 2 years worth of bills for me and british wife, kids school reports,uni enrolment letters, wifes degree cert and masters enrolment,tax credits since 2014 letters, council tax bills. DO you think this will be enough?
thank you

leonex4t5
United Kingdom

Post by leonex4t5 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:11 pm

I'm not a lawyer but from the policy guidance all you have listed should suffice. I didn't use as much as you have listed but what's key is that you can demonstrate the relationship still exists and the intention is for it to continue and I think you will be fine from the perspective of proving relationship.
Hard Work = Sucess!

sadza100
Newly Registered

Post by sadza100 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:22 pm

leonex4t5 wrote:I'm not a lawyer but from the policy guidance all you have listed should suffice. I didn't use as much as you have listed but what's key is that you can demonstrate the relationship still exists and the intention is for it to continue and I think you will be fine from the perspective of proving relationship.

Thats great, i just asked your opinion as someone who has experienced it before. I will just arrange everything and book for tuesday. thanks again

leonex4t5
United Kingdom

Post by leonex4t5 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:33 pm

sadza100 wrote:
leonex4t5 wrote:I'm not a lawyer but from the policy guidance all you have listed should suffice. I didn't use as much as you have listed but what's key is that you can demonstrate the relationship still exists and the intention is for it to continue and I think you will be fine from the perspective of proving relationship.

Thats great, i just asked your opinion as someone who has experienced it before. I will just arrange everything and book for tuesday. thanks again

You are welcome. And good luck.
Hard Work = Sucess!

sadza100
Newly Registered

Post by sadza100 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:56 am

leonex4t5 wrote:
sadza100 wrote:

You are welcome. And good luck.

Thanks. On section 3" why you are applying" Do i just say becoz i have had 6 years Dlr or i need to say i want to settle with my wife and children? Did you take the whole form with about 82 pages or just what applies to Dlr to ilr?
Do they need 6 months statements or just 3?
your help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

sadza100
Newly Registered

Post by sadza100 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:00 pm

Got my same day ilr today after 6 years dlr. Thank you all for the helpful info. No questions asked and done within 2 hours. God bless you all.

mkhari
Pakistan

Post by mkhari » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:34 pm

Please share if anyone else granted on peo
MKHARI

ambeey
United Kingdom

Post by ambeey » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:15 am

Hi,

Is there any document evidence which confirms that we don't need to do life in UK test if applying for settlement after 6 years DL.

I want to attach the documentary evidence.

In the SET (O) form it does not give option to say that it does not apply to DL,

So shall we write that it does not apply to us or what shall i do ?

Please advice.

azharmahmood
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by azharmahmood » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:37 am

Leave it blank , find Knowledge of language and life in the UK – V19.0 Published for Home Office staff on 20 June 2016 and attach page number 7 with it.

This page tells you which people are not subject to the knowledge of language and life
(KoLL) in the UK requirement when applying for indefinite leave to remain (ILR).
People applying in the following categories do not need to meet the KoLL requirement:
• children (people under the age of 18 years)
• victims of domestic violence
• foreign and Commonwealth citizens on discharge from HM Forces (including Gurkhas)
• highly skilled migrants applying under the terms of the highly skilled migrant program
(HSMP) judicial review, and their dependants
• bereaved spouses, civil partners, unmarried partners or same-sex partners of people
present and settled in the UK
• parents, grandparents and other dependent relatives of people present and settled in
the UK, applying under paragraph 317 of the Immigration Rules, even if they are aged
between 18 and 64
• adult dependent relatives, under Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules, even if they
are aged between 18 and 64
• retired persons of independent means
• people applying for ILR as a refugee
• people applying for ILR on the basis of discretionary leave
• people applying for ILR on the basis of humanitarian protection
• people applying for indefinite leave to remain outside the Immigration Rules, for
example under discretionary arrangements such as those for Gurkhas, widows,
overage dependants and orphans

ambeey
United Kingdom

Post by ambeey » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:46 pm

Hi
Thanks very much, very helpful

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:59 am

Hi all,

I am sure all you people who used to be on this post have now finished your one year on ILR and are planning to apply for citizenship.

Did anyone managed to apply for citizenship and did you get it and has anyone got affected by the Good character law which was introduced.

Waiting to hear from you all......the journey is still not over yet

mkhari
Pakistan

Post by mkhari » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:23 pm

africangirl wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:59 am
Hi all,

I am sure all you people who used to be on this post have now finished your one year on ILR and are planning to apply for citizenship.

Did anyone managed to apply for citizenship and did you get it and has anyone got affected by the Good character law which was introduced.

Waiting to hear from you all......the journey is still not over yet
good question
MKHARI

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:56 pm

I am just waiting for my fellow people to answer we have been on this journey together and when we all got our ILR our next goal was to get citizenship the journey has been long but we are nearly there.

I am sure someone out there has managed to get their citizenship but as for me I have to wait 3 more years to make it to 10 years while being legal in order to qualify to apply for citizenship why do home office introduce these laws I wish if they can make exception for some people.

Wish everyone the best .....