ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

deception ILR refused

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

4s6s
Newly Registered

Re: deception ILR refused

Post by 4s6s » Wed May 06, 2015 12:30 pm

@hellonewhere - yes thats the number. And unfortunately while at work, its really hard to stay on the line for that long. I wish there was a Live Chat available like most of the websites do.

@cs95tdg - thanks for that, I will try during that time tomorrow.

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Wed May 06, 2015 12:33 pm

@ cs95tdg and 4s6s - thanks I wasn't sure.

And it's horrible the waiting time. I totally understand having been through it myself!

iffi786

Post by iffi786 » Wed May 06, 2015 12:34 pm

Hi guys tell u one thing no need to worry
I got my 2 nd ext in last month for 3 years and I m applying for ilr this month --its mean in my 2nd ext they check all my history is it will give m any advantage --' in 2nd ext they didnot ask m any question

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Wed May 06, 2015 1:01 pm

For ILR they check your last 5 year history and evidence of tax paid

4s6s
Newly Registered

Post by 4s6s » Wed May 06, 2015 1:05 pm

argus7 wrote:For ILR they check your last 5 year history and evidence of tax paid
Thats true, however the main discussion in this thread is about the initial application, which is what many are worried about.

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Wed May 06, 2015 1:07 pm

4s6s wrote:
argus7 wrote:For ILR they check your last 5 year history and evidence of tax paid
Thats true, however the main discussion in this thread is about the initial application, which is what many are worried about.
And I thought the discussion was about whether or not it's a problem if a person's employer haven't paid the PAYE on their behalf despite the fact that it was deducted by evidence of payslips?.

Jeez, we are all getting confused!

Go12
Member of Standing

Post by Go12 » Wed May 06, 2015 1:09 pm

That's what I m asking,if a person gets 2nd ext successfully,does it mean his previous tax history has been checked or not?
I know ILR they check 5 years history.then during extensions only 12 months history is checked or the initial application too.
Can sm1 plz enlighten me with this query
Thanks

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Wed May 06, 2015 1:16 pm

Go12 wrote:That's what I m asking,if a person gets 2nd ext successfully,does it mean his previous tax history has been chicken or not?
I know ILR they check 5 years history.then during extensions only 12 months history is checked or the initial application too.
Thanks

We have to go with the assumption that everything is rechecked from zero.

Consider this,

an applicant made an initial application based on an income of £10; tax due £2.

5 years later, the same applicant applies for ILR or any other visa type etc.

At the time of the new application, the applicant has to resubmit their documents.

So now the applicant has submitted documents showing £8 and tax due £1 as this is the final return submitted.

Obviously, the HO compares this to their record first, then call HMRC to double check these figures.

It's not even the HO or HMRC, it's the applicant who seemingly forgot that they would have to resubmit their documents again and submitted records showing new figures.

I don't know how things work but that's just my guess.

askhan
United Kingdom

Post by askhan » Wed May 06, 2015 1:23 pm

Go12 wrote:That's what I m asking,if a person gets 2nd ext successfully,does it mean his previous tax history has been checked or not?
Thanks
God knows what they check at initial application or later on. For T1 ILR if there requirements are as same as extension they shouldn't check back as if they do most people don't carry 5 years worth of files with them if they enquired about.

I understand they could do the check via internet but if this is what happening then our self employed friends needs to carry all the invoices tax returns etc.etc.

I pretty sure these checks are forced mostly on self employment not others..

I went to PEO in 2013, the lady literally ask me is it employment or self employment I said employed full time she said it won't take longer then hour sit and have coffee. My application was processed and got the result in 1 hour.

But seen s.employment cases it take more then 2 hours.
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Wed May 06, 2015 1:27 pm

askhan wrote:
Go12 wrote:That's what I m asking,if a person gets 2nd ext successfully,does it mean his previous tax history has been checked or not?
Thanks
God knows what they check at initial application or later on. For T1 ILR if there requirements are as same as extension they shouldn't check back as if they do most people don't carry 5 years worth of files with them if they enquired about.

I understand they could do the check via internet but if this is what happening then our self employed friends needs to carry all the invoices tax returns etc.etc.

I pretty sure these checks are forced mostly on self employment not others..

I went to PEO in 2013, the lady literally ask me is it employment or self employment I said employed full time she said it won't take longer then hour sit and have coffee. My application was processed and got the result in 1 hour.

But seen s.employment cases it take more then 2 hours.
You are probably correct as self employment, the responsibility for declaring the income and paying the tax is on the individual;
whilst for employment, it's on the employers to deduct the correct amounts and pay back to HMRC; albeit an employee have to ensure that the correct codes etc was given initally when starting the jobs etc.

Also, self assessments allows the flexibility for amendments which an employed salary doesn't; therefore, there's bound to be tighter controls on them.

Go12
Member of Standing

Post by Go12 » Wed May 06, 2015 1:37 pm

Thanks for the reply,
In that case what about person having done
Employment during ILR and self employment earnings
During tier 1 extension.
God save us ....

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Wed May 06, 2015 1:41 pm

Go12 wrote:Thanks for the reply,
During tier 1 extension.
God save us ....

If all your records are correct; employment or self employment - there's nothing to worry about.

The only time to worry is when a certain self employed amount was declared and HO office gave a stay on that basis and later on that income was amended to evade tax.

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Wed May 06, 2015 1:51 pm

You can also do Self assessment on salaried employments using SA102 forms where you declare your PAYE income and tax deductions.

This way HMRC collects the remaining tax on clubing all your income PAYE, P11D etc.In some cases HMRC requests proof of P45/P60 os payslips and even the PAYE ref of the employer.

jayacpr
Member of Standing
India

Post by jayacpr » Wed May 06, 2015 1:51 pm

Still not clear are the checks for everyone??
Last edited by jayacpr on Wed May 06, 2015 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Wed May 06, 2015 1:54 pm

argus7 wrote:You can also do Self assessment on salaried employments using SA102 forms where you declare your PAYE income and tax deductions.

This way HMRC collects the remaining tax on clubing all your income PAYE, P11D etc.In some cases HMRC requests proof of P45/P60 os payslips and even the PAYE ref of the employer.

Yes you are right. The SA102 is part of the SA100.

A person has to declare ALL sources of income.

PAYE ref is not an option, it's a must ( if you are employed )

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Wed May 06, 2015 2:01 pm

jayacpr wrote:Still not clear are the checks for everyone??
yes, in case of doubts

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Wed May 06, 2015 2:03 pm

jayacpr wrote:Still not clear are the checks for everyone??
No one can answer that, therefore, we have to go with the assumption that, yes they do checks for everyone.

askhan
United Kingdom

Post by askhan » Wed May 06, 2015 2:10 pm

Go12 wrote:Thanks for the reply,
During tier 1 extension.
God save us ....

For me I would give my last extension score sheet and this year payslip and bank statment and PRAY.
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed May 06, 2015 2:13 pm

Following this thread and I'd agree that you are safer assuming that the HO will check HMRC records with every individual application you make.

I recall when applying for ILR in person (WP+T1), I had my 5 years of P60's which they took to verify, when I asked whether they were required.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed May 06, 2015 2:23 pm

hellonewhere wrote:
argus7 wrote:You can also do Self assessment on salaried employments using SA102 forms where you declare your PAYE income and tax deductions.

Yes you are right. The SA102 is part of the SA100.

A person has to declare ALL sources of income.

PAYE ref is not an option, it's a must ( if you are employed )
Yes, to add to this, you are also able to declare additional income or receive refunds without doing a self assessment, by informing HMRC of the details (this I believe applies to relatively straightforward income and expenses such as savings income, donations etc...) They will ask whether you'd like to Make/receive a one-off payment or would like your PAYE Tax Code adjusted.

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Wed May 06, 2015 2:29 pm

cs95tdg wrote:Following this thread and I'd agree that you are safer assuming that the HO will check HMRC records with every individual application you make.

I recall when applying for ILR in person (WP+T1), I had my 5 years of P60's which they took to verify, when I asked whether they were required.

Yes, on a sidenote, I can personally say that HO checked all my records.
I know this because the caseworker left behind a sheet of audit trail paper amongst my documents which she sent back with my approval letter.
It listed all my home office references for ten years of student visas and ILR; as well as the various departments it went through the HO before ending up with her.

So we have to assume that they do check all applications, current and previous.

A shout out to Char; I have posted it back, thanks for telling me it was the right thing to do.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed May 06, 2015 2:44 pm

hellonewhere wrote:
cs95tdg wrote:Following this thread and I'd agree that you are safer assuming that the HO will check HMRC records with every individual application you make.

I know this because the caseworker left behind a sheet of audit trail paper amongst my documents which she sent back with my approval letter.
It listed all my home office references for ten years of student visas and ILR; as well as the various departments it went through the HO before ending up with her.

A shout out to Char; I have posted it back, thanks for telling me it was the right thing to do.
I remember you had a kind caseworker working on your application. She must have accidentally left the evidence of how methodologically she went through your immigration history & records with your approval letter.

hellonewhere

Post by hellonewhere » Wed May 06, 2015 2:46 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
hellonewhere wrote:

I remember you had a kind caseworker working on your application. She must have accidentally left the evidence of how methodologically she went through your immigration history & records with your approval letter.

She was very kind and I remember the fantastic advice and good wishes you gave me. Very methodological indeed :P

Because of you and the others who helped me on my turn; I am trying to return the favour.
I didn't want to just take advice on my turn and run.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed May 06, 2015 3:47 pm

hellonewhere wrote:She was very kind and I remember the fantastic advice and good wishes you gave me. Very methodological indeed :P

Because of you and the others who helped me on my turn; I am trying to return the favour.
I didn't want to just take advice on my turn and run.
It's very nice that you feel that way :). And I'd say that's how this forum has grown to be what it is today, it's definitely helped me over the last few years, so I continue to help/comment where I feel I can help or add value.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 06, 2015 4:10 pm

Glad to hear that x
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.